PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: Asian owner of a copperish RSX with aftermarket foglights...

Ruiner
12-28-2005, 03:32 PM
...your reasoning for trying to run me? :confused:

I was coming home the other night on I-285 heading eastbound. He got behind me at I-75 and was with me all the way across the top end to I-85. He kept gunning it next to me and driving very fast. I punched it a few times and blew him away. He would do a fly by every time that I would brake after putting 5-10 cars on him. It was weird. I gave him the thumbs up, but it was just interesting. I wonder if he was boosted or not...

Is this anyone on the board?

Hulud
12-28-2005, 03:54 PM
dont worry they wont own up to the ownage you gave him

speedminded
12-28-2005, 04:04 PM
but it was just interesting. I wonder if he was boosted or not...Hrmmm...did you expect to pull on him more than you did?

PhAtBoYMr2
12-28-2005, 04:16 PM
im calling bullshit....

ive never even heard of a porshe 911 twin turbo pulling on any vtec car, let alone an rsx, maybe the rsx wasnt vtec and thats why you were able to keep up....but vtec owns everything. :doh:

im thinking about doing a vtec swap on my car. :D

vteccccccc > all

T.S.
12-28-2005, 04:21 PM
yeah i think that porsche could probably beat that rsx in reverse....

thinkfast®
12-28-2005, 04:25 PM
did the RSX know you were racing him?

Ruiner
12-28-2005, 04:34 PM
did the RSX know you were racing him?

I shall hope so. HE initiated it...

Ruiner
12-28-2005, 04:35 PM
Hrmmm...did you expect to pull on him more than you did?

I dunno. I mean, I pulled away quickly, but I would still pull a boosted quickly as well. I was just curious.

thinkfast®
12-28-2005, 04:36 PM
are you sure it wasn't a civic w/ RSX headlights? you know thats what the cool thing to do is...

:dunno:

Ruiner
12-28-2005, 04:46 PM
are you sure it wasn't a civic w/ RSX headlights? you know thats what the cool thing to do is...

It was an RSX-S, but debadged...

http://cars.about.com/library/graphics/rsx_3-4_frnt.jpghttp://cars.about.com/library/graphics/rsx_statue.jpg

thinkfast®
12-28-2005, 04:47 PM
I don't know man... looks like a 99-00 Si to me

Ruiner
12-28-2005, 04:48 PM
I don't know man... looks like a 99-00 Si to me

The car that I ran looked just like the one pictured above... The rear is unmistakable...

thinkfast®
12-28-2005, 04:50 PM
http://cars.about.com/library/graphics/rsx_statue.jpg

^^ did it have that copper dude in it too? maybe he was just wieghed down, probably didn't want to race

good kill though.

PhAtBoYMr2
12-28-2005, 04:58 PM
all them damn hondas look the same

Crazy Asian
12-28-2005, 06:09 PM
Ey it wasnt as bad as some fuck head tryin to outgun the police. Happend right in from of me. Some yahoo in a S2k though he could outblaze a ford Bronco and got caught after of 4 min of tryin to avoid him. HAAHha i was laughing

Black Mamba
12-28-2005, 06:22 PM
Maybe it was nyteryder?? i heard you were scared to run him with the 240 maybe he came out with an rsx???????

RandomGuy
12-28-2005, 06:23 PM
the plot thickens....

thinkfast®
12-28-2005, 07:19 PM
ooh snap call out of the day!

you scared homey? of what :dunno:

Kevykev
12-28-2005, 07:34 PM
http://cars.about.com/library/graphics/rsx_statue.jpg

^^ did it have that copper dude in it too? maybe he was just wieghed down, probably didn't want to race

good kill though.

hahahah you ass!

thinkfast®
12-28-2005, 07:43 PM
hahahah you ass!

thank you :D

The Ren
12-28-2005, 07:44 PM
I wish I had seen that shit...

ahmonrah
12-28-2005, 09:46 PM
damn this is funny all these sarcastic ass remarks are what makes IA the shit!!

imbosile
12-28-2005, 09:58 PM
haha that sounds just like something my friend would do, (RSX-S on IA) haha his is white though.

RandomGuy
12-28-2005, 10:02 PM
haha that sounds just like something my friend would do, (RSX-S on IA) haha his is white though.
im no rsXpert or nothing, but odds are it wasn't him. :dunno:

:rly:

Ruiner
12-28-2005, 10:26 PM
Maybe it was nyteryder?? i heard you were scared to run him with the 240 maybe he came out with an rsx???????

Ahahahaha. Are you kidding me? Now I am afraid to run someone? I feel like I am in Jr. High. Either way, you "heard" wrong. Don't believe everything you hear...

Ruiner
12-28-2005, 10:27 PM
the plot thickens....

Nothing thickens. Some guy in a 240 comes up and "challenges" me at the BP one night. I said nope and that was it. Simple, end of story. I don't do those types of "runs" and never will.

Ruiner
12-28-2005, 10:28 PM
ooh snap call out of the day!

you scared homey? of what :dunno:

Call out of the day?!??? I don't participate in "call outs". That is something that happened back in Jr. High. I'd like to think that I am above that at my age... Obviously someone is trying to start shit. Nothing more, nothing less.

{X}Echo419
12-29-2005, 07:31 AM
im calling bullshit....

ive never even heard of a porshe 911 twin turbo pulling on any vtec car, let alone an rsx, maybe the rsx wasnt vtec and thats why you were able to keep up....but vtec owns everything. :doh:

im thinking about doing a vtec swap on my car. :D

vteccccccc > all

you're being scarcastic....right?
unless the RSX has a F-18 tied to the roof :crazy:

Ruiner
12-29-2005, 09:26 AM
you're being scarcastic....right?
unless the RSX has a F-18 tied to the roof :crazy:

Yes, he is being sarcastic. Besides, everyone knows that VarioCam Plus > VTEC

:)

dartingd
12-29-2005, 09:29 AM
YOU LIE!!!!

B16a2 Civic
12-29-2005, 09:31 AM
i like the way Ruiner carries himself

dartingd
12-29-2005, 09:32 AM
and how is that?

B16a2 Civic
12-29-2005, 09:32 AM
oh and i forgot
LIRL at Ricky and his responses.

thinkfast®
12-29-2005, 09:40 AM
damn man thought you forgot bout me :D

LIRL RUINER!! YOU GOT SERVED

Ruiner
12-29-2005, 09:50 AM
damn man thought you forgot bout me :D

LIRL RUINER!! YOU GOT SERVED

:confused:

B16a2 Civic
12-29-2005, 09:52 AM

imbosile
12-29-2005, 09:53 AM
Ruiner > Vtec....

Ruiner
12-29-2005, 09:53 AM

Me neither. :dunno:

thinkfast®
12-29-2005, 09:54 AM
RUINER YOU GOT SERVED UP A PLATE OF MY SARCASM, W/ EXTRA BUTTER

Ruiner
12-29-2005, 09:55 AM
Ruiner > Vtec....

Bwhahahhaha, nah. VarioCam Plus > VTEC

I give credit where credit is due. ;)

VarioCam Plus uses a combination of variable valve timing and variable valve lift on the intake side to improve power, torque and fuel consumption across the entire engine-speed range. Essentially, the system offers two engines in one: the first for low-speed and urban use, the second for optimum high-speed performance. Despite the enormous differences between these two states, VarioCam Plus makes a seamless transition using the latest in electronic engine management. The variable valve lift mechanism consists of a two-stage tappet which is operated via an electro-hydraulic switching valve. Each tappet is made up of two main components: a central pin-like element and a cylindrical outer sleeve. When required, these elements can be brought together using a hydraulically actuated shaft. The central pin is actuated by a small-profile lobe on the camshaft, while the outer sleeve remains in continuous contact with two larger profiles on either side. Since there are effectively two cam contours on each intake camshaft, it is possible to apply two different valve-lift curves. The phase angle, or timing, on each of the cams can be advanced or retarded using an electro-hydraulically actuated adjuster.

http://www.porsche.com/ImageMachines/PageTitle.aspx/rendered.gif?text=Small+cam.+Low+lift.+Optimum+com bustion&mode=h3

VarioCam Plus offers a number of benefits when starting the engine from cold. Combustion is improved during the warm-up process, thereby reducing emissions. The system also provides smoother idling while enhancing fuel economy.

Under low throttle loads, VarioCam Plus uses a long positive overlap – i.e., increases the period during which both valves are open simultaneously – as a means of maximising fuel efficiency. Since a relatively high proportion of exhaust gas is present during combustion, there is also a significant reduction in NOx emissions.

http://www.porsche.com/ImageMachines/PageTitle.aspx/rendered.gif?text=Large+cam.+High+lift.+Optimum+pe rformance%0d&mode=h3

In full-throttle mode, the valve gear is adjusted for optimum power and torque. The valve lift is switched to the high cam setting, enabling maximum torque output of 560 Nm on the 911 Turbo from as low as 2,700 rpm. The curve remains flat all the way to 4,600 rpm, covering a significant portion of the engine speed range.

thinkfast®
Me neither. :dunno:

Should I draw it out again? :lmfao:

Nemesis
And the point of mentioning it was an Asian? ...hmmm.....

lol just kidding

Ruiner
12-29-2005, 09:56 AM
RUINER YOU GOT SERVED UP A PLATE OF MY SARCASM, W/ EXTRA BUTTER

Roger that! :goodjob:

Hulud
12-29-2005, 09:56 AM
What are you guys talking about VTEC>everything
VTEC=GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

Ruiner
12-29-2005, 09:57 AM
And the point of mentioning it was an Asian? ...hmmm.....

lol just kidding

Helps to narrow down the person? I figured that if he didn't speak up, perhaps someone on this site might know who he was?

thinkfast®
12-29-2005, 09:58 AM
Roger that! :goodjob:

oh man, I was waiting for you to say "yea Ricky draw it out, I like pictures" dammit man! I was like "please say draw it out, please say draw it.." :(

B16a2 Civic
12-29-2005, 10:00 AM
more pictures Ricky?

dartingd
12-29-2005, 10:01 AM
more pictures Ricky?

i enjoyed the ones yesterday for xterrachic he had...oh well..time to go to gainesville...till tomorrow!

thinkfast®
12-29-2005, 10:15 AM
more pictures Ricky?

dude those pics are off the top of the dome... I don't have them saved or anything, though the ones yesterday I did make a folder for 'em at work LIRL

good times

B16a2 Civic
12-29-2005, 10:17 AM
ahahaha
and
LIRL

chnco
12-29-2005, 10:36 AM
It was me, and no I wasn't racing.

Hulud
12-29-2005, 11:01 AM
you say that now...

Ruiner
12-29-2005, 11:16 AM
It was me, and no I wasn't racing.

Unfortunately for you, I know who you are, what you look like, and typically what you drive. ;)

It wasn't you... :)

PhAtBoYMr2
12-29-2005, 11:20 AM
i guess this guy doesnt post on ia....o well probaly just some random ricer that just got his rsx and thinks he can take on the world......

ruiner....when are we going to switch cars for a day? :D

dereksi
12-29-2005, 11:32 AM
i guess this guy doesnt post on ia....o well probaly just some random ricer that just got his rsx and thinks he can take on the world......

ruiner....when are we going to switch cars for a day? :D
Man I dont think its that serious. Dude was prolly just having a good time. I know Ive tried to race M3s and shit that I knew would blow my doors off,just to see how fast they really are. You guys think its some huge deal that an RSX tried to race a porsche.(Oh god what are we gonna do????? what a tool :jerkit: Some of you guys need to lighten up and have a little fun.

chnco
12-29-2005, 11:34 AM
I got a new daily driver.

ct9a gsr
12-29-2005, 11:36 AM
It was me... and I was racing my heart out. Now I'm gonna use Adobe Premiere to digitally edit the video I took of the race to make you look super slow and make me look super fastzorz.... then I'm gonna post it everywhere and change my tag to "WHINE 11 KLR" by getting special permission for an extra long and cool tag.

That's how I roll. =]

Hulud
12-29-2005, 11:40 AM
this thread just went to shit

PhAtBoYMr2
12-29-2005, 11:40 AM
Man I dont think its that serious. Dude was prolly just having a good time. I know Ive tried to race M3s and shit that I knew would blow my doors off,just to see how fast they really are. You guys think its some huge deal that an RSX tried to race a porsche.(Oh god what are we gonna do????? what a tool :jerkit: Some of you guys need to lighten up and have a little fun.

so wait....are you calling me a tool?

why risk a speeding ticket, drag racing ticket, or your lisence for some little kid that pulls up next to you in his rsx and wants to race....whats the point? to see how fast the car is? download a movie or go to porshe if you want to see how fast the car is..

Personally i could give 2 shits about some fucker in an rsx revving up on a porshe...but you have to admit that its pretty dumb on the rsx drivers part.....if he was smart he wouldve honked and waved but no he tries to race a car that would romp his ass in reverse..........for what? bragging rights? to see how fast it was? cmon man were not living in the fast and furious

ct9a gsr
12-29-2005, 11:45 AM
You know, there are some boosted rsx applications out there that'd hand a porsche its ass... but that could be said about almost any car, I suppose. Don't always underestimate cars... you never know...

Ruiner
12-29-2005, 11:46 AM
cmon man were not living in the fast and furious

Unfotunately, I think that some people on this site think that we are... :lmfao:

Kevykev
12-29-2005, 12:06 PM
Bwhahahhaha, nah. VarioCam Plus > VTEC
VarioCam Plus

Every Manufacturer pretty much offers their own version of Variable Valve Timing/Lift

I'm gonna go ahead and give Porsche the BIG THUMBS DOWN for copywriting such a generic name. :lmfao: Glad it produces though!

Introducing the new "Valv-Tech"

:lmfao:

Ruiner
12-29-2005, 12:34 PM
Every Manufacturer pretty much offers their own version of Variable Valve Timing/Lift

I'm gonna go ahead and give Porsche the BIG THUMBS DOWN for copywriting such a generic name. :lmfao: Glad it produces though!

Introducing the new "Valv-Tech"

:lmfao:

Some are better than others, however. VTEC is like an on/off switch while VarioCam Plus adjust throughout the entire rev range...

Crazy Asian
12-29-2005, 12:35 PM
what does porsche call theres again

Ruiner
12-29-2005, 12:47 PM
what does porsche call theres again

VarioCam Plus...

{X}Echo419
12-29-2005, 12:49 PM
Yes, he is being sarcastic. Besides, everyone knows that VarioCam Plus > VTEC

:)

just checking. it's tuff to read scarcasim sometimes. :crazy:

dereksi
12-29-2005, 02:27 PM
so wait....are you calling me a tool?

why risk a speeding ticket, drag racing ticket, or your lisence for some little kid that pulls up next to you in his rsx and wants to race....whats the point? to see how fast the car is? download a movie or go to porshe if you want to see how fast the car is..

Personally i could give 2 shits about some fucker in an rsx revving up on a porshe...but you have to admit that its pretty dumb on the rsx drivers part.....if he was smart he wouldve honked and waved but no he tries to race a car that would romp his ass in reverse..........for what? bragging rights? to see how fast it was? cmon man were not living in the fast and furious
Im not calling you a tool, I was saying he was a tool,for trying to race the porsche. Like oh hes a bitch for even trying to race when he was prolly just having fun.I mean just because its a porsche doesnt mean thats gods gift to cars or racing. If I made an attention thread on all the cars that tried to race me I would take up atleast 10 pages. So what if the car tried to race the porsche?? An callin him a ricer?? From the story it was a STOCK rsx. How is a stock car rice?

PhAtBoYMr2
12-29-2005, 04:40 PM
So what if the car tried to race the porsche?? An callin him a ricer?? From the story it was a STOCK rsx. How is a stock car rice?
i didn't say the car was rice but the driver could still be living the ''ricer mentality'' we all know what that is, we have all been through that stage in our lives, losing my license for a year made me learn a good lesson, if cops have a reason to fuck with you they will.

dereksi
12-29-2005, 05:52 PM
Yea I hear that. I lost mine for 6 months. (I was in a shitty mood this morning)