PDA

View Full Version : no more official pimpin...

thinkfast®
12-28-2005, 03:28 PM
MTV and West Coast Customs have amicably split, ending a relationship that helped create “Pimp My Ride,” one of the most successful television shows for music television network.

MTV has confirmed that the network and West Coast Customs have split amicably over owner Ryan Friedlinghause’s concerns about his company’s image.

The new show will air on The Discovery Channel and is being developed with the producers of “American Chopper” and “American Hot Rod.”

The untitled show will focus on private jets, helicopters, tour buses and other high-end vehicles.

"We've had a great experience with Ryan," said MTV spokesman David French. "Everyone in that garage is very talented and we wish them all the best."

Discovery Channel representatives confirmed the new project.

West Coast Customs’ new headquarters will be based in a 21,000 square foot corporate-style building/warehouse in an industrial park in Corona, which has a thriving auto industry.

“Pimp My Ride,” hosted by rapper Xzibit, debuted in March 2004 and quickly became one of MTV’s most watched shows.

The 30-minute series featured West Coast Customs taking worthless cars and tricking them out to the tune of $20,000.

A version of the show debuted in the U.K. earlier this year.

Jimmy B
12-28-2005, 03:35 PM
WCC did do some shoddy work on some of those cars.... the electronics though.. was real nice!

JustinSane110™
12-28-2005, 03:45 PM
WCC did do some shoddy work on some of those cars.... the electronics though.. was real nice!
They did do some pretty bullshit work. I think I saw maybe 1 car they pud decent audio equipment in. But then again, I'm slightly jaded since I got all JL equipment in my truck. :)

Hulud
12-28-2005, 03:46 PM
:wgaf:

A.P. Photography
12-28-2005, 03:50 PM
Fer Shizzle. The work they did in no way helped their image. I can see where the owner is trying to rebuild his companies image but after being all over MTV, he has his work cut out for him. I will say that if they do a lot more cars like that 300C vert, it will be on again.

Brett
12-28-2005, 04:06 PM
Smart Move I think

speedminded
12-28-2005, 04:07 PM
i wish i had a 21,000 sq. ft. building to play in :(

chrisdavis
12-28-2005, 04:09 PM

I think that had to do with the time constraints on when the cars had to be completed. Im sure if they had months to work on those cars they would have looked alot better.

thinkfast®
12-28-2005, 04:12 PM
"What I did here X, we got a custom 2 piece Giovanna 20-inch wheel. we put dunlop tyres on em to get that agressive stance"

That line was in every got damn episode

tony
12-28-2005, 04:23 PM
Guess they got tired of people coming in with their beaters and expecting a show car, I could imagine the requests they were getting because of that show.

speedminded
12-28-2005, 04:26 PM
"What I did here X, we got a custom 2 piece Giovanna 20-inch wheel. we put dunlop tyres on em to get that agressive stance"

That line was in every got damn episodedon't forget... "To offset the killer bodykit we are putting on this huge wing..."! :tongue:

thinkfast®
12-28-2005, 04:31 PM
"what I gonna do here mike, es put some starts on the healiner mane, joo know? den poot some tweed and orange stitching. its gonna be craaazy like me"

imbosile
12-28-2005, 04:37 PM
lmfao, remember that eclipse, with the blue and red swirly paint job. haha

then they had a 240 i think, that had bright orange wheels....

Kathryn
12-28-2005, 04:53 PM
I have been to both locations. The new one is a gorgeous brand new buidling, in the IE (Inland Empire- for you East coast people). Ryan is a very cool person, been to the LA shop and hung out a couple of times. I even got to watch them film and still to this day hang with some of the guys. Not all of the guys will be on the new show since the location is 50 miles east of the LA shop. The new show will be great. They have been booked solid for the next 2 years on new customer cars since the day the show aired. Nothing but the best to Ryan, Buck, Mike, Ish, and Alex.

threehundred
12-28-2005, 09:08 PM
They can do incredible work. The work they did on the show sucked balls. There was never a car on there that i would have kept when i got it back. I would've sold any of them immediately and bought a new car. They did a Dukes of Hazard General Lee remake. It is flawless. I'll post a pic in a second. They shrunk it from 4 doors to 2 doors flawlessly, and got some sick 22" HREs on it.

threehundred
12-28-2005, 09:12 PM
Absolutely flawless.

http://www.studiothreehundred.com/sema/newcharger1.jpg
http://www.studiothreehundred.com/sema/newcharger2.jpg
http://www.studiothreehundred.com/sema/newcharger3.jpg

ahmonrah
12-28-2005, 09:18 PM
yeah that shit is hot !!

Kathryn
12-28-2005, 11:58 PM
Actually...I hate to burst your bubble...the driver dor didn't close all the way. It was a little "off".

Kevykev
12-29-2005, 12:09 AM
The work the produced on the show was nothing like the products outside and inside the shop (Bentlys and ferraris etc)

The owner must've orchestrated it that way to show that the Pimp My Ride Vehicles did not represent the extent of their ability.

gtikid
12-29-2005, 03:41 AM
"what I gonna do here mike, es put some starts on the healiner mane, joo know? den poot some tweed and orange stitching. its gonna be craaazy like me"

AAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

Man that Ish guy cracked me up!! Good impression Ricky!!

But you forgot: "Es gona luke ASSSSOME!" :D :lmfao:

RandomGuy
12-29-2005, 03:54 AM

es gona luke AWWz home.

civic95
12-29-2005, 10:08 AM
They could of skipped the fish tank, cappucino maker, and all the other BS they installed in those cars. Overhaulin is a much better show. That charger looks hot though. Unique Whips should be the next one to go. They don't do anything you couldn't have done at HIFI buys, and Butler Tire.

thinkfast®
12-29-2005, 10:18 AM

LIRL!! oh SHIT SONNY!! :lmfao:

es gunna luke AUSS-OHM

HiPSI
12-29-2005, 11:50 AM
They could of skipped the fish tank, cappucino maker, and all the other BS they installed in those cars. Overhaulin is a much better show. That charger looks hot though. Unique Whips should be the next one to go. They don't do anything you couldn't have done at HIFI buys, and Butler Tire.

BUT they have celebrity car owners... actually that show would be better suited to the MTV crowd to replace pimp my ride and then SPEED can come up with something better than that pile of steaming doodoo.