PDA

View Full Version : can anyone drop a engine in a garage?

sshonda2004
12-28-2005, 01:13 PM
my honda civic is jacked up in my garage, the old engine is already disconnected and in the backyard, my new engine is sitting next to the car waiting to get put in. i dont have a cherry picker so its difficult, if anyone can help me, just send me a price, i would like it done before the end of this weekend.

-S Double C-
12-28-2005, 04:07 PM
where are you located?...if you have a big jack you can put it in with that...just have someone help you pick up the engine and then sat it on the jack and roll it under the front frame into the engine back...keep the jack under the engine...lower the car back on the ground like you was about to drive it and jack the engine up untill it's where it needs to be..it may sound hard but ive done several swaps this way and it takes me about 1 hour and a half to 2 hours max to do a complete swap if it's a bolt in swap and if dont have to trace down any problems

dazn
12-28-2005, 04:10 PM
if you hav a way to transport a cherry picker, then i can help you out. pm me if interested

kaotickaozpunk
12-28-2005, 06:57 PM
yo Seanc520 thats a little dangereous dont you think..heheh...i wouldnt recommend that way.hehhee...

Jdm94Coupe
12-28-2005, 07:09 PM
^^^ do it seans way, wont have to pay nobody and get a friend or 2 and it will save you $.....not dangerous either if you are paying attention to what you are doing

i4_garage
12-28-2005, 08:47 PM
i can do it....200$.....or i am willing to come show u how ....i bring the neccessary equipment for 100$.....where u located first tho

i4_garage
12-28-2005, 08:48 PM
^^^yeah....dropping a car on the motor is easier than dropping the motor in the car