PDA

View Full Version : Stand Alone ECU's

nightracer
12-25-2005, 06:17 PM
Has anyone had any expereince with Autronic and Dejetro standalone ECU's? I was going to spend the $2000 for an Autronic SM4 but I hear that Dejetros are available with a PowerFC commander for $1299. I was told that Dejetro had everything the AEM EMS had plus it's own map sensor and knock sensor. I know Autronic is pretty damn good but would there really be a huge difference in going with the cheaper of the two?

Big Baller
12-25-2005, 08:30 PM
I dont have experince with either one of them, but I do have experince with the aem.

I love the AEM it does pretty much everything you could want it to do

Be careful listening to people on the net, just because people say that it does everything that the other does, doesnt mean that it really does,

word

Vteckidd
12-25-2005, 08:49 PM
for $2000 i would go with DTA.

I dont know much about the others, but what i have seen, DTA and EMS are the best for the money.

My engine builder uses DTA, and i like it alot

PSINXS
12-25-2005, 09:38 PM
I dont have experince with either one of them, but I do have experince with the aem.

I love the AEM it does pretty much everything you could want it to do

Be careful listening to people on the net, just because people say that it does everything that the other does, doesnt mean that it really does,

word
I told him about the Apexi Power FC dJetro.
A'PEXi D-Jetro Power FC for SR20DET The D-Jetro Power FC provides all function that normally comes with the MAF version Power FC with the exception D-Jetro version converts the Nissan MAF based system into speed density system by adding their own map sensor and temperature sensor. The D-Jetro system are popular among users whom does not wish to tamper or deal with the sensitivity of the air flow meter during tuning, and most oftenly are used for high HP applications 450+rwhp.

also read this about the power fc. http://www.rotorsportsracing.com/performancetuning/powerfc.htm Its a popular choice in SR world as is the AEM. I just prefer the power fc.

HiPSI
12-26-2005, 08:20 AM
i'm happy with the power FC (MAF based, not D-Jetro) but the interface isn't nearly as easy to work with as the AEM and the maps are a bit more accurate with AEM (more tuning points on the map over the FC). with the D-Jetro you can get the laptop tuning software but again, the AEM wins out in that category as well due to the more user friendly interface.

PSINXS
12-26-2005, 10:15 AM
who does your tuning erin?

Vteckidd
12-26-2005, 10:22 AM
what i like about DTA is that it comes with a Box that has a FUEL and TIMING nkob on it. you simply twist the knob and it adds timing or fuel across the map for you. I beleive balance has DTA