PDA

View Full Version : Just bought a bike...

shavedcivic
04-07-2005, 08:29 PM
hey i just bought my first bike.. the only problem is where do i go to get a license and learn to drive it???

AznTraitor
04-07-2005, 09:01 PM
congrats, what kind of bike?

well, if it is your first bike and you dont know how to ride, I would highly suggest

http://www.msf-usa.org/

they will take you thru a training course thru the weekend and once you graduate you will be able to goto the DMV and pick up your license. Otherwise, if you have some buddies that can show you and you feel confident, you can goto your local DMV and take the test there....

a permit can be had with a simple written test at any DMV and is good for 6 months.....

Cliff
04-07-2005, 10:07 PM
there's a place in atlanta called sunshine riding school that is supposed to be very good

ScreaminZetec
04-07-2005, 10:24 PM
congrats, what kind of bike?

well, if it is your first bike and you dont know how to ride, I would highly suggest

http://www.msf-usa.org/

they will take you thru a training course thru the weekend and once you graduate you will be able to goto the DMV and pick up your license. Otherwise, if you have some buddies that can show you and you feel confident, you can goto your local DMV and take the test there....

a permit can be had with a simple written test at any DMV and is good for 6 months.....

Excellent program. the only way i would tell someone to do it.

UnEEk4DR
04-08-2005, 01:56 AM
uhm...have fun

David88vert
04-08-2005, 04:31 PM
Go to the MSF course. You are going to need it.

MSTANGSALEEN
04-10-2005, 06:34 PM
You can go and take a writeen test and get your learners and after that goto to toccoa to get your reg license.Its sooo easy in toccoa.

Jaimecbr900
04-12-2005, 04:00 PM
Take the course. It's a very good course.

Besides, you kill two with one stone:
1. Get much needed practice and lessons
2. Get your license and insurance reduction when done.

I took it AFTER I got my license just for the insurance reduction when I was real young. I still learned quite a bit, and I'd already been riding for a while. Highly recommend it.

ducrider
04-20-2005, 03:33 PM
i agree with everyone else in here... take the course. They will provide you a bike to ride so you don't have to ride yours up there. You will get practice as well as your license when you are finished. I'd then start small like parking lots to practice slow turns and stop/go techniques. :2cents:

liquid_spec1
05-08-2005, 02:07 AM
how much do these course cost??
thanks

tony

AznTraitor
05-08-2005, 08:45 AM
how much do these course cost??
thanks

tony

$250

www.msf-usa.org