PDA

View Full Version : ZC(obd0)into EK(obd2)SWAP!! NEED HELP!!

Tyroni
04-07-2005, 07:19 PM
Hey anyone knows where i can get info how to swap and obd0 ZC motor into and obd2 EK? my friend had no info and he already started the swap and none on the internet that does this swap. thanx, it's a JDM DOHC but not obd1 i'm confuse too!

A.P. Photography
04-07-2005, 10:50 PM
The reason no one does it is because you are trying to swap it into a OBD2 car. That is one of the worst swaps I have heard of. Tell him to sell the ZC and at least get a LS motor

Julio
04-07-2005, 11:04 PM
why would you even try ?

speedminded
04-08-2005, 12:44 AM
Where on earth did this idea come from? I have a feeling this post is gonna be someone's sig pretty soon.

SandM
04-08-2005, 06:17 AM
just curious, but why would he want a pre-90's motor that has what, 135 hp? he couldve bought that LS motor and beaten a ZC.

Tyroni
04-08-2005, 06:18 AM
LOL...i doubt no one wanna buy it tho..dude had even bought a turbo kit etc..foe that shit...it runs 12 secs on a crx all motor tho..he got car from friend tho..

speedminded
04-08-2005, 06:26 AM
LOL...i doubt no one wanna buy it tho..dude had even bought a turbo kit etc..foe that shit...it runs 12 secs on a crx all motor tho..he got car from friend tho..put a turbo on an all motor engine? The compression on that thing is probably insanely high and wayyy to much for a turbo.

A.P. Photography
04-08-2005, 08:02 AM
This kid has no idea what he is doing or talking about. The compression on an all motor engine will not accept a turbo even at low boost and will cause the motor to pop. More than likely sending a rod through the block. Let me know when he gets done I want to come watch and laugh my ass off.

Vteckidd
04-08-2005, 09:05 AM
boysboys, High compression turbo is where its at. 10.5-11.5:1 ant 10lbs makes SICK power. look at tonytheTIger on HT, 11.5:1 , disco potato, ITBs, that is the sickest integra i have ever seen.

Now, I HIGHLY doubt an ALL Motor ZC ran 12s, post timeslips.

furthermore, this is the DUMBEST thing i have ever seen, you could run a EX /y8 motor for roughly the same thing a ZC costs and it would be PLUG AN PLAY.
you get no help cause this is the stupidest swap ever

A.P. Photography
04-08-2005, 10:01 AM
boysboys, High compression turbo is where its at. 10.5-11.5:1 ant 10lbs makes SICK power. look at tonytheTIger on HT, 11.5:1 , disco potato, ITBs, that is the sickest integra i have ever seen.

I agree. However, those motors were built for that purpose. An all motor set up that was never intended for boost would not hold up IMO which is what it sounds like this is.

88civiczc
04-08-2005, 03:22 PM

You are right, They do make HUGE HP, but not as a functional daily driver, those kinda cars are strictly Drag.

Who can afford to buy 115 octane gas everyday to be able to drive it as a daily.

And as far as the ZC goes, ZC's are not bad but damn sure were not meant to be in an EK, the motor in an EK will be sluggish b/c of the difference in weight between the EF's and the EK's.

Yeah, I would go with some kind of Vtec motor for the EK, especially if its the HB, because even the DX's are wired for Vtec, it would damn sure be easier than getting that to work.

But good luck........some people just gotta live to learn.

Tyroni
04-09-2005, 04:06 AM
YO YO SLOW DOWN!! LOL...this is not my car...sounds like you guys say'n i'm stupid!LOL i showed him the site and he's finally putt'n it back into that crx...all i heard is it runs 12's..i ain't say'n it is true or it can or not! but i do know it ran with a JDM B16 w/lsd and it won and the dude who had that crx w/b16 is that dude who sold his brother crx with that JDM ZC because his brother in jail so he sold to my friend(dude who's try'n to put in the EK) now i've heard that car had been boosting at 15lbs but that dude in jailed sold that turbo(got broked) and put headers on it and drive w/o turbo!

speedminded
04-09-2005, 09:51 AM
YO YO SLOW DOWN!! LOL...this is not my car...sounds like you guys say'n i'm stupid!LOL i showed him the site and he's finally putt'n it back into that crx...all i heard is it runs 12's..i ain't say'n it is true or it can or not! but i do know it ran with a JDM B16 w/lsd and it won and the dude who had that crx w/b16 is that dude who sold his brother crx with that JDM ZC because his brother in jail so he sold to my friend(dude who's try'n to put in the EK) now i've heard that car had been boosting at 15lbs but that dude in jailed sold that turbo(got broked) and put headers on it and drive w/o turbo!headers.