PDA

View Full Version : zc engine problem

THEONE
12-22-2005, 10:15 PM
just put in a new distributor on my brother in laws zc and now its showing the CEL it flashes 1 time then pause then 9 times the 9 flashes is for cyl #1 position.do i need to set the engine at Top dead center then reinstall the distributor? or am i way off?

Georgia_boy
12-25-2005, 01:11 AM
you are talking about the DOHC ZC right?

try reseting the ECU (pull the hazard fuse for 10 sec.)
and if that dosen't work
check the cam sensor

THEONE
12-26-2005, 10:31 AM
yes its the dohc, and where is the hazard fuse on a 90 civic hatch?

Vteckidd
12-26-2005, 10:39 AM
what distributor did you buy for it? mot likely , if i remember correctly, you havent hooked up the CA sensor (cam angle ensor)

i think you need to wire the Cam Angle Sensor into the new distributor. Should be a green and yellow wire.

All the DOHC ZCs have a Cam Ambgle sensor on the exhaust cam. you have to wire that INTO the distributor harness or repin it. if you dont itll throw that code. most likely since you just replaced the distributor, it is the problem.

THEONE
12-28-2005, 08:07 AM
what distributor did you buy for it? mot likely , if i remember correctly, you havent hooked up the CA sensor (cam angle ensor)

i think you need to wire the Cam Angle Sensor into the new distributor. Should be a green and yellow wire.

All the DOHC ZCs have a Cam Ambgle sensor on the exhaust cam. you have to wire that INTO the distributor harness or repin it. if you dont itll throw that code. most likely since you just replaced the distributor, it is the problem.

i got a distributor from a 89 integra and just put it on. are those 2 wires in the dist?

heystop
01-02-2006, 04:36 PM
depends on what year zc u got.