PDA

View Full Version : Morality

green91
12-22-2005, 06:10 PM
Sup,
Im a full blooded american, have been a citizen my entire life, and love the country we live in.. i support the government on most issues.. but lately one thing burns my ass more than anything.. government legislating morality. Since when is it our governments job to tell us what is moral and what isnt?

this can be stemmed out to a variety of topics: television censorship, radio censorship, drug usage, drinking age, abortions, stem cell research, same sex marriage, evironmental issues... etc!

Where should the governments boundaries be on deciding for US what is RIGHT and WRONG in OUR lives? Who in government should make these decisions for US that affect OUR lives?

Where do you stand?

MachNU
12-22-2005, 08:46 PM
Sup,
Im a full blooded american, have been a citizen my entire life, and love the country we live in.. i support the government on most issues.. but lately one thing burns my ass more than anything.. government legislating morality. Since when is it our governments job to tell us what is moral and what isnt?

this can be stemmed out to a variety of topics: television censorship, radio censorship, drug usage, drinking age, abortions, stem cell research, same sex marriage, evironmental issues... etc!

Where should the governments boundaries be on deciding for US what is RIGHT and WRONG in OUR lives? Who in government should make these decisions for US that affect OUR lives?

Where do you stand?

WOW you need to do some research becuase the bases of law was based off English Common Law, which is stated to be based on Moralty, or peoples judgement of right and wrong. So really everything you do is based off Ethics and Moratly!