PDA

View Full Version : Police Vehicles

Kevykev
12-21-2005, 04:34 PM
Ok every 4-6 years the cruiser is replaced with an updated model which is standard.

Although, for the first couple of years it seems like lower ranking or unfavored P.O's get stuck with the predecessor.

Now how abotu the fckin motorcycles? Seems like they've just been rebuilding the ones from the 70's (Chips Models).

What's up with that? Are they ever going to recieve a newer model bike? :confused:

Random though since i've been seeing police motorcycles frequently! :D

chuck
12-21-2005, 05:05 PM
they drop those bikes all the time...they are either fixed or replaced with new bikes, that's just how some look new.

we did the ST1300's for doraville p.d. at the last bike shop i worked at; we'd get some bikes in there that were dropped on both sides, haha.

Kevykev
12-21-2005, 05:11 PM
Oh...ok, guess they're comfortable with that design.

Gave out too much reps in the last 24 damn.

Kathryn
12-21-2005, 07:08 PM
Ha, we have helicopters on every corner out here...

soul
12-21-2005, 08:05 PM
Snellville cops are cruising with some nice newer model harley's

Kevykev
12-21-2005, 08:19 PM
Ha, we have helicopters on every corner out here...

Damn that's no joke right there!

DrivenMind
12-21-2005, 09:04 PM
I learned the basics of performance driving on a retired '91 Crown Vic Police Interceptor, back when my dad worked for the city. He'd make me go with him to work the night shift when I was like 13 or 14, then seeing how bored I was at the plant he'd let me drive the car around on the plants different roads while he stayed inside and worked...

efman
12-21-2005, 09:37 PM
i think the reason they stay with that bike is because it is very easy to ride fast for unexperinced riders so i think thats why they keep that design.

sprix!
12-22-2005, 09:21 AM
I know in Doraville, you have to be careful. Those guys have New Mustang GTs, Hemi Magnums and Chargers, and a load of unmarked cars.

Kevykev
12-22-2005, 09:32 AM
i think the reason they stay with that bike is because it is very easy to ride fast for unexperinced riders so i think thats why they keep that design.

That would make a lot of sense!

Kevykev
12-22-2005, 09:40 AM
I know in Doraville, you have to be careful. Those guys have New Mustang GTs, Hemi Magnums and Chargers, and a load of unmarked cars.

Wow, they must a have a favorable budget.

AznTraitor
12-22-2005, 10:24 AM
Duluth has newer series BMW bikes...

apparently, each Police Dept can contact all the different manufacturers of motorcycles and the manufacturer will send them demo models that they can test and use for 3 months free of charge (but will pay for any damages that are incurred). Not too many will purchase the bikes because the need for motorcycle patrol officers are not as efficient as a officer in a patrol car.

so if you happen to see new or different bikes roaming around, chances are they are just demo's for testing purposes...

but Duluth actually did purchase 2 BMW tourer bikes a year or two ago.

duck2k6
12-22-2005, 10:26 AM
try to speed through there city limit and you will be the budget.

AznTraitor
12-22-2005, 10:32 AM
Wow, they must a have a favorable budget.

doraville is just a huge speed trap....and yes, they have a huge budget.

for awhile when they had the 6 Impala SS's....the Police Chief was kicking around the idea of supercharging 1 or 2 of them for r&d, but it was scraped.

{X}Echo419
12-22-2005, 12:35 PM
Ok every 4-6 years the cruiser is replaced with an updated model which is standard.

Random though since i've been seeing police motorcycles frequently! :D

well the fabolous Duluth PD manages to make sooo much money writing tickets that are sometimes 2xthe normal price of a ticket they just buy new ones whenever they feel like it.
e.I was doing 16mph over the speed limit and my ticket was $280. no kidding :2up:

Kevykev
12-22-2005, 04:53 PM
well the fabolous Duluth PD manages to make sooo much money writing tickets that are sometimes 2xthe normal price of a ticket they just buy new ones whenever they feel like it.
e.I was doing 16mph over the speed limit and my ticket was $280. no kidding :2up:

Something needs to be done about that one man!

Wow!

The Ren
12-22-2005, 05:06 PM
Newer cop cars ive seen int he past year:
I have seen a Gwinnett cop in a new charger (Last week).. I have seen the Cobb Camaros.. The Cobb Lightnings (undercover street racers) The dekalb Heat (street racing team again) in Civic Si's (black), Rockdale sheriff in a SVT cobra, and a Hoschton Cop in a Magnum..

Kevykev
12-22-2005, 05:16 PM
Sneaky bastiges, Happy that i retired form all of that crazy shit!

Not getting caught up or atleast i'll try not to.

green91
12-22-2005, 05:59 PM
i wont pull over for an unmarked vehicle.. but i think that as far as traffic enforcement bike cops would be better... they are much harder to notice!

efman
12-22-2005, 10:38 PM
That would make a lot of sense!
i always make alot of sense ! lol

SLOWR/T
12-22-2005, 11:53 PM
i wont pull over for an unmarked vehicle..

same here. if they dont have the decals and the light bar on the top they better be ready to follow me where im going.

{X}Echo419
12-23-2005, 07:02 AM
Newer cop cars ive seen int he past year:
I have seen a Gwinnett cop in a new charger (Last week).. I have seen the Cobb Camaros.. The Cobb Lightnings (undercover street racers) The dekalb Heat (street racing team again) in Civic Si's (black), Rockdale sheriff in a SVT cobra, and a Hoschton Cop in a Magnum..

how is the cop supposed to catch you in a civic :wtf:

1000cckiller
12-23-2005, 07:56 AM
for awhile when they had the 6 Impala SS's....the Police Chief was kicking around the idea of supercharging 1 or 2 of them for r&d, but it was scraped. [/QUOTE]no man i have a friend that works at that department they not a big city there budget isnt that great, they have busted people for numerous for different things like drugs and etc. The impalas came from drug bust and they only had two and one was equiped with nitrous. They also had a 5.0 but it just sat at the lot.

Now Kennesaw has a budget, they have camaros and some other shit two I wouldnt want to speed through there

Slowboy
12-23-2005, 09:16 AM
I cant stand unmarked cars at the mall. they always give me a hard time and i just say yeah ok and then keep doing what im doin, I guess its against the law to smoke a cig, next to your car before you go in the store or leave in your car. then bike cops thats all i get pulled over for. We got a shit load of narks cars and suv's on 26's and shit. I cant stand cops I want to be one but i dont like them, my freind pulls me over all the time just to scare the shit out of me. one dayt im not goin to pull over and just leave his ass, and watch it be a real cop lol.

Curt

Kevykev
12-23-2005, 09:23 AM
they have busted people for numerous for different things like drugs and etc. The impalas came from drug bust and they only had two and one was equiped with nitrous.

Ain't that the best damn way to aquire new city property!

Free of Charge.

unmarked car on 26''s damn....Glad I have up all that crazy shit early, Then Again I assume a vehicle with that description is more geared towards drugs!

AznTraitor
12-23-2005, 02:01 PM
they only had two and one was equiped with nitrous. They also had a 5.0 but it just sat at the lot.

Now Kennesaw has a budget, they have camaros and some other shit two I wouldnt want to speed through there

they had or have more than 2....they have 2 teal colored ones, and 3 or 4 black ones....they use to come out to the DARE programs and they did various other functions.

I know for a fact that 2 of them are unmarked cars....just have the lights in the back window and the dash lights as well as the flashing headlights, but other than that, with the dark ass tint, you cant tell it's a police car until it's too late.

1000cckiller
12-23-2005, 04:37 PM
Ain't that the best damn way to aquire new city property!

Free of Charge.

unmarked car on 26''s damn....Glad I have up all that crazy shit early, Then Again I assume a vehicle with that description is more geared towards drugs!i wish i could do what the cops do just take someone shit, and they cant do shit about it.

1000cckiller
12-23-2005, 04:46 PM
they had or have more than 2....they have 2 teal colored ones, and 3 or 4 black ones....they use to come out to the DARE programs and they did various other functions.

I know for a fact that 2 of them are unmarked cars....just have the lights in the back window and the dash lights as well as the flashing headlights, but other than that, with the dark ass tint, you cant tell it's a police car until it's too late.they have 4 the dare ones are mainly for show and drug awareness, the other are unmarked but you can tell they are police cars. they also were trying to get a mercury marader.

Kevykev
12-23-2005, 06:08 PM
There's a Secret gated Impound lot Visible from my back yard (The main road: Covington HWY) can be seen from the rear of my house.

Orchestrated in such away that it would be presented as a lawn service.

Low and High-Line vehicles pass through there all the time.

Will take pics upon request :D

KNHTRDR
12-23-2005, 08:00 PM
doraville is just a huge speed trap....and yes, they have a huge budget.

for awhile when they had the 6 Impala SS's....the Police Chief was kicking around the idea of supercharging 1 or 2 of them for r&d, but it was scraped.
I think they might have made one cause I saw one of doraville's ss stright run down a porshe dude had 5 point harness and the whole nine.

KNHTRDR
12-23-2005, 08:06 PM
When I saw the mustang It scared the shit out of me. I was just about to pass him and he flashed his lights. he was pulling over the person in the next lane to me. plus the letters are smoke on black.

EJ25RUN
12-23-2005, 10:16 PM
the doraville mustang,

i thought it was a bike rack on top of the car at first and then relized it was

lights, scary shit.

Evadethishonda
12-23-2005, 10:19 PM
they have too much oney in my opinion. These officials always sayin they need more money. Well I see were the tax dollars are being spent(new mustang cop cars and not on education) wtf

DrivenMind
12-24-2005, 01:10 AM
Doraville seems to have the all the nice cop cars.

AznTraitor
12-24-2005, 07:28 AM
Doraville seems to have the all the nice cop cars.

actually, that county that Atlanta Motorspeed Way is in, they have the nice cars....

Vette's...

HiPSI
12-24-2005, 09:59 AM
duluth has quite an array of vehicles ranging from dodge ram's to mustangs, grand prixs, a few ford explorers... from what i hear most of them are seizures.

then you have hall county with the TT 300ZX ;).

wantboost
12-24-2005, 11:03 AM
duluth has quite an array of vehicles ranging from dodge ram's to mustangs, grand prixs, a few ford explorers... from what i hear most of them are seizures.

then you have hall county with the TT 300ZX ;).
lol a TT belonging to the county now thats funny :lmfao:

Kevykev
12-24-2005, 01:03 PM
I think this thread will reduce speeding ticket volume amongst boardmembers.

I knew it had a purpose!

Nopaintsls
12-24-2005, 09:18 PM
actually, that county that Atlanta Motorspeed Way is in, they have the nice cars....

Vette's...

dorraville also has vettes... they got 1 :D and the maurauder

98Impreza234
02-16-2006, 08:11 AM
No and they dont need new one's.

Sibious
02-16-2006, 10:32 AM
ya in washington they only use unmarked cars,and they pull you over for going 2 or 3 over. the state troopers are bitches. when i lived there the stretch of interesate was the #1 part of highway that most tickets given out in the nation a year ago

Sibious
02-16-2006, 10:40 AM
dorraville also has vettes... they got 1 :D and the maurauder
they also have a camero. cuase i think its henry county your talking about

{X}Echo419
02-16-2006, 12:24 PM
When I saw the mustang It scared the shit out of me. I was just about to pass him and he flashed his lights. he was pulling over the person in the next lane to me. plus the letters are smoke on black.

same shit happened to me. after flashing his head-lights he got on my AZZ. I almost raced him :eye: thank gawd I just got over :crazy:

BigPoppaHurtm
03-06-2006, 11:51 PM
Shit after reading this I aint havin no more encounters with mustang GT's on the hwy :eek:

SwurvinIn
03-07-2006, 09:29 AM
atlanta pd have C6 vettes....try runnin from one of those....unless your name is clark and you drive a supra yur done

Z33_kid
03-07-2006, 02:10 PM
doravile damn mustangs i saw two cops in one of those n they lookd real young they were wearing fitted caps it was funny lol

rolling_trip
03-07-2006, 02:20 PM
like to see this oneday

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/7/web/427000-427999/427616_89_full.jpg

Z33_kid
03-07-2006, 02:23 PM
tht will be so funny hmmm 1 cop 2 racers if it would be me n a bud it would be the cop in cuffs n leave lol

wantboost
03-07-2006, 02:30 PM
like to see this oneday

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/7/web/427000-427999/427616_89_full.jpg
they should have been arrested the eclipse has a wing on top of the wing lol

TIGERJC
03-07-2006, 03:32 PM
nice mr2 in the background, but that thing looks like my mr2

Hulud
03-07-2006, 04:23 PM
a couple pages back peopel were sayin they wouldnt stop for an unmarked car.....
its not like the cop is gonna be alone, they are gonna have buddies right around the corner and call for back up then youll get pulled over

Darling Nikki
03-07-2006, 05:00 PM

damn straight! And Doraville doesn't play either.

SLOWR/T
03-07-2006, 08:12 PM
a couple pages back peopel were sayin they wouldnt stop for an unmarked car.....
its not like the cop is gonna be alone, they are gonna have buddies right around the corner and call for back up then youll get pulled over

yeah, so untill one of his buddies pull up im no stoping.

JASONBALL
03-07-2006, 11:08 PM
columbus PD is rolling in a charger SRT-8 on 22's with supercharger and a carbon fiber hood. How do I know this I was dropping my truck off when they were installing everyting at the dodge dealer. The parts guy was telling me that they decided on the srt-8 becuase they tested it against a cruiser and at about 120 it just started walking away from the cruiser. this is what I was told. so don't quote me. but I did witness the install of all equipment in cluding the full lighting system. crazy amount of wires

PSINXS
03-08-2006, 12:39 AM
i heard that henry county has Viper cops now. never seen one but thats the rumor

TIGERJC
03-08-2006, 02:12 AM
FTC. hp means nothing if u cant drive. Why are cops getting these powerful cars, its not like they can perform a pit maneuver in a corvette or viper at 100 mph. u can get away from a corvette or viper in corners, but not a helicopter.

http://img160.imageshack.us/img160/3739/mrpolice2fc.th.jpg (http://img160.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mrpolice2fc.jpg)

Hulud
03-08-2006, 04:04 PM
FTC. hp means nothing if u cant drive. Why are cops getting these powerful cars, its not like they can perform a pit maneuver in a corvette or viper at 100 mph. u can get away from a corvette or viper in corners, but not a helicopter.

http://img160.imageshack.us/img160/3739/mrpolice2fc.th.jpg (http://img160.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mrpolice2fc.jpg)
im pretty sure the ones that drive the vettes and muscle cars get personal training in teh car :doh:

IndianStig
03-08-2006, 08:36 PM
i like where our police cars are going. back to the old muscle days where they went to a delar bought the hottest drag car around slapped some lights, sirens and decals on it then raced you after midnight

street racing was so accepted back then now you get flamed like hell, lol, iour teahcer told us how he and his buddy used to race in a GTO and his father built the car for him and he raced a cop car once, old people have the funniest cop stories

quickdodgeŽ
03-10-2006, 04:41 AM
street racing was so accepted back then now you get flamed like hell,

Are you an idiot in all aspects of life? Street racing has always been illegal. Goddamnit you are stupid as fuck. Later, QD.

The Golden Child
03-10-2006, 04:11 PM
FUCK THE POLICE STRAIGHT FROM THE UNDERGROUND A YOUNG BROTHER GOT IT BAD CAUSE HE DOWN !!! FTW DUMB SON OF A BITCHES !!!

Nah Mean?
03-10-2006, 06:08 PM
Are you an idiot in all aspects of life? Street racing has always been illegal. Goddamnit you are stupid as fuck. Later, QD.

ahahahahahahhhhahhahaaha!