PDA

View Full Version : Wow...just wow...

Nemesis
12-21-2005, 08:29 AM
A true story from another site....

There is a silly tuner by the name of Nick from Precision Dyno. All because he has a laptop and tuning software he thinks he can tune your car. He will act like he’s been your friend for years this is how he makes you feel comfortable. He will bash well-known tuners who have years of experience and a reputable company just so others will see his name. He talks a lot of smack. He has less than 8 months experience tuning cars and had several cars blow their engines as well as vehicles falling off the dyno.

This is my experience with PRECISION DYNO. I was ripped off.

I took my 2003 EVO to his shop in Moorestown NJ in 7-2005 his shop was called Performance Engineering / PD Tuning then. I bought an AEM EMS with EUGO from him for $1,620.00 and later found out that it was just a regular AEM EMS that he was originally going to sell me for $1,300.00 He then talked me into buying HKS cam gears he charged me $320.00 I later found out that Nicks mechanic took the cam gears off of his Evo (Nicks) and put the stock cam gears back on. Then the AEM EMS was taken out of his car too. Now he is an AEM DEALER so why did he sell me his from his car and by a new one from another vender in Ohio two weeks later. So I got used cam gears for the price of new ones. I've seen used one’s go for around $240.00 Now when Nick got my car the turbo was already off, the cams were out and the upper intercooler pipe was off. I bought a cooling mist kit from him which he charges $150.00 to install and he said my total labor would be $700.00 for everything. Well, yes I did get charged $700.00 for labor plus $150.00 to install the cooling mist (alky) and $35.00 to install the upper intercooler pipe. That’s funny that’s $885.00 total labor but wait the $150.00 install for the cooling mist (alky) kit should cover the install of the upper intercooler pipe. You have to take the upper I/C pipe off to hook the cooling mist (alky) kit to It. So, I really got screwed.

Now it is time to pick my car up I was told it would be ready when I get there. Well I get there around 11:00am I have my two daughters with me and I live a 1hr ½ away. Well the car is no were close to being done. While I am there waiting my car has a mystery oil leak, oil was pouring out. So I go over to see what’s wrong and Nick say oh your front main seal went but don’t worry my friend I will take care of that so they are looking around and Nick asked me to go with another employee to drop off my rotors to get cut. I was set up because I was watching what they were doing. They forgot to put my cam seals in. Great mechanic work Nick. So I come back and they are still working on the car. Later the mechanic told me that Nick told him to act like he was putting in a front oil seal cause they messed up. I never seen a front main oil seal get installed in 20 minutes on an Evo with out dropping the oil pan and taken the crank pulleys off. Ok now my car is done and ready to go on the dyno but I have to wait because a guy came down from New York to get his Talon tuned. Well the car makes two pulls and on the third pull the car comes off the dyno. Nick helped the guy out he gave him a tire off of a customers car just like he took the cam sensor off of a customers car and put it on mine. My daughter asked me,"Dad, are you going to put your car up there? I looked at her and did not know what to say.

Well, my car goes on the dyno and it is around 8:00pm. Now, he tunes it at 351whp then tunes it corrected at 345 whp on a mustang dyno and that’s with 100% water in the alky kit. Nick says to me post the dyno sheet with the higher numbers because they like to see that on the forum (Evolutionm.net) Now Nick made it seem as I was getting tuned for free because I am spending $3,660.00. He said come back this week and I will retune it. So now here is another day I have to come up there and get tuned. So the car goes back on the dyno again and he tunes it to 100% alky. I did not want this. I wanted 50/50. I seen a lot of black smoke coming from my exhaust. So he tunes it for 50/50. A few days later we all go to Atco Raceway NJ, my best time is a 12.7. My car ran a 12.1 prior to him working on my car and me spending over $6,000.00. I was not happy. Now two weeks later, it is time for the STI/WRX vs. EVO shootout at Englishtown NJ. We arrive and I prep my car. I run a 13.7. The last time my car ran a 13.7 was when it was stock. I come back to Nick and I'm pissed. He tells me,"Relax my friend, go get some race gas and met me in staging". So I do while Nick hooks up his laptop and does whatever it is he does. Then, he says, "Try that, I took off your knock control". Well, I run a 12.0 and I was happy. Then, I got an 11.9 and make it as an alternate for the race. Well, I paid $400.00 to get a tune at the track and only get one map. My car was on the dyno for two days just to get a tune at the track. When I was on my way home, I received a phone call from Al at Dyno Flash he wanted to know how I did. Then I asked him what knock control was and that Nick took it off. He immediately told me to pull over and he walk me through the steps to put the knock control back on.

There was nothing wrong with my car when Al retuned it. I have data logs for that.

Now on 11-26-05, I go the track and hook up my AEM. Then, problems happen. My car had the same amount of 93 oct. and race gas as it did the day of the shootout when Nick tuned it.. So, I run 11.6 and I was happy When I had the tune reviewed, it was not that good of a tune.

Now, after all this posting and stuff, I realized that Nick should have showed me how use my AEM. If you guy’s do research, you will see that I posted some questions about the AEM. Nick called me to ask what the problem was but he still never showed me how to use it.

Now I find out I got F#@ked.

1. The front seal oil leak FRUAD when he forgot to put the cam seal in. He had his mechanic act like he was putting in a new one. I had a mechanic come to my house the other day and he stated it was never touched.

2. I was sold used HKS cam gears off of his car for $320.00. He had his mechanic clean them up. I paid the price of new ones.

3. I got a used AEM EMS from another car. He was unable to get the wide band for me because it was $1900.00. Wow, he went to Ohio for a race and bought an AEM off a vender there. Now he is an AEM dealer. I wonder if I got his AEM from his car.

4. He took off a cam sensor from a customer car and put it on mine.

5. I bought gaskets from the dealer and brought them to Nick to put on my car. Then he charged me for the gaskets!!

6. He gave me the impression I was getting tuned for free because I was spending a lot of money. The so called tune was 2 days of wasted dyno time to only to get a tune at the track and is the only map I get. Come on no, $400.00 for wasted time! I saw an AEM cd on his desk and I asked him if I get one of those. So, he takes an old one out of his desk to give to me with scratches on it.

7. Now he said all the labor would be $700.00 so how can he charge me $35.00 for install of upper I/C pipe and get $150.00 install of alky kit ? The alky kit should cover the install of the I/C pipe because the I/C pipe has to come off so the nozzle can be put into it. So, I was charged $700.00 + $150.00 + $35.00 = $885.00 labor not $700.00 like I was promised.

8. Then I get charge $124.00 credit card fee. If I would have known that, I would have paid by check or cash.

I should have looked at my receipt but I never complain. Nick knew I was bothered and he would call to ask if I was mad. But I did think it was a good tune. Like some of you guy’s say, I am a moron so I guess he took advantage of me. So if you want to go to Precision Dyno, go ahead! He is at his fourth location since September of 2005 and I bet he will be moving again by the end of the year. If you are missing parts from your cars, then look at what parts he is putting on other customers cars. I had verified that my parts were used and the ones who verified this are standing behind me. Again, of all the people who looked at the tune, not one said it was great tune or did they say it was ok.

chrisdavis
12-21-2005, 08:40 AM
Man that is shitty.

obd1kenobi
12-21-2005, 08:45 AM
Stupid Crappy Shops!

Trouble300zx
12-21-2005, 08:47 AM
Can we say: "Get a lawyer."???????

Halfwit
12-21-2005, 08:49 AM
damn, good read though. but fuck that.