PDA

View Full Version : Misc Schnauzers!

babowc
12-21-2005, 01:40 AM
My mini schnauzers!
I couldnt find the mommy :rant:..does anyone eles raise schnauzers here?
I used to have a black lab.. but he ran away after we let him loose in our yard to poo.. :toilet1:

Anyways.. if anyone has some tips to getting these schnauzers potty trained.. please let me know!! These punks are taking piss and crap all over the carpet :rant:

Silvernbluepearl
12-21-2005, 09:25 AM
i have 2 schnauzers that i have raised since they were puppies and i had no problem training them to go outside. They will go inside at first but keep taking them out and praising them when they go outside and they will learn fast. My 2 learned within a few weeks and are great now. Just be patient with your schnauzer. Good looking dog too.

babowc
12-21-2005, 10:16 PM
i seee..
thanks ^^
i tried.. they'll actually go outside or something when they feel like it..
but sometimes, they get excited and just do it on the carpet.
>_<

Repost Squintz
12-22-2005, 06:55 AM
ive always liked the schnauzers; but sucks about the carpet situation, my sis' lil dog does the same damn thing...

JustinSane110™
12-22-2005, 08:32 AM
i have 2 schnauzers that i have raised since they were puppies and i had no problem training them to go outside. They will go inside at first but keep taking them out and praising them when they go outside and they will learn fast. My 2 learned within a few weeks and are great now. Just be patient with your schnauzer. Good looking dog too.
Same here, cept I only have one, lol. But it really wasn't hard to get him housebroken, actually was pretty easy in general to train him. Just takes a little patience every now and then since Schnauzers are naturally stubborn. Good luck with them though.

CiViCCuTie
12-22-2005, 10:28 PM
i seee..
thanks ^^
i tried.. they'll actually go outside or something when they feel like it..
but sometimes, they get excited and just do it on the carpet.
>_<

Try pad training them initially and then move the pad closer and closer to the door and then finally remove it and they'll learn to go out side with praise(and treats!) oh and try putting a bell on the door handle and i've heard some dogs learn to ring it...sorry i work at a pet store i'll get some more info for you...OH and I almost for got you can potty train them like you would a cat...but you need special litter...those are all your alternatives i guess!

threehundred
01-01-2006, 12:16 PM
tell them bad dog when they go in the house, you can take them over to it, if they just did it and scold them. No need to spank, just let them know you're upset. Everytime they wake up, as soon as they wake up, take them outside. If they haven't done number 2 in a while, you'll have to stay out there for a minute. Give them time and they'll go. As soon as they go, do like Tim said, and praise them. Give them a treat maybe.

thecrazyone
01-02-2006, 11:55 AM
i got two of them...the salt and pepper one is tilly, and the bacl one is jack, there is a few on them playing when he was a puppy and the one of me and him is the most recent

Sledlude
01-02-2006, 12:10 PM

ernie... thats mah boy ; )

they really are great dogs, i have a bassett hound now, and he was a pain in the ass and still is. schnauzers are pretty intelligent dogs and not difficult to train.

Silvernbluepearl
01-23-2006, 08:41 PM
http://www.shocivic.com/boys.jpg
http://www.shocivic.com/boys2.jpg

Here are my boys Bert and Ernie

Red2kmr2
02-23-2006, 07:04 PM
I have three Schnauzers, 2 females and one rescue male. The girls took longer to potty train, but no slip-ups since they were pups. The male, upset his routine and he forgets. Since he is a rescue he has many issues though. Although many think it is cruel, put them in an airport kennel when you aren't at home, when returning, take them out right then. They catch on fast.