PDA

View Full Version : Handling Mods Tire / Balance problems? WTF

e.u.r.o
12-20-2005, 10:03 PM
I recently had some 18's and some old guy rand into my car, my rims were crap and my tires were looking good so I figured id buy some new rims and put the same tires back on because I only had then for about 6 months. I got them mounted and the local shop had claimed that the tire was warped and that I would have some vibration.

The first night my lug nuts came loose and once I tighten them up the car vibes went away. Now when i hit around 50 mph it vibes and if I don’t accelerate at all the vibe is worse. Also when I do accelerate its fine. Is it possible to have this issue or is this shop just trying to get some extra bread. I’m thinking they didn’t balance the wheel properly or something.

smokinblackneon
12-20-2005, 10:24 PM
It could be that they didnt balance they correct but it could be your axle could be bad too. But I would bet that it is your tires. Where did you have it done at? What size tire do you have ?

The Yousef
12-20-2005, 10:47 PM
I recently had some 18's and some old guy rand into my car, my rims were crap and my tires were looking good so I figured id buy some new rims and put the same tires back on because I only had then for about 6 months. I got them mounted and the local shop had claimed that the tire was warped and that I would have some vibration.

The first night my lug nuts came loose and once I tighten them up the car vibes went away. Now when i hit around 50 mph it vibes and if I don’t accelerate at all the vibe is worse. Also when I do accelerate its fine. Is it possible to have this issue or is this shop just trying to get some extra bread. I’m thinking they didn’t balance the wheel properly or something.

if the vibration is b/w 50-70mph then it's a balance issue....a wheel weight maybe off or something...don't worry about it...just take it back to the shop and get it rebalanced....it happens...

yousef

Apache
12-22-2005, 02:32 PM
Take it back like he said..... :goodjob:

Did they change both axles?

or u might have F*ck up ur tire in the accident......:dunno:

e.u.r.o
12-23-2005, 06:16 AM
This is weird, I went to tighten my lug nuts again a couple of days ago and since then it doesn’t vibe much or at all. If you don’t touch the wheel you can see it move a little but I guess that’s normal...

The guy at the tire place said that the lug nuts keep coming off because of how much paint the store had applied to the rim itself. I think that after my lug nuts settled on my ride that caused the vibe to go away. I don’t know if that is the answer or maybe I just used my tires and they came back from warped to normal lol

I'm feeling good now since my car rides allot smother