PDA

View Full Version : marine killed in atl

kilpatty43
04-07-2005, 09:24 AM
http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/atlanta/0405/07roadrage.html

A Fulton County motorist was charged Wednesday with killing a man who had recently returned from duty in Iraq during a predawn argument on the streets of downtown Atlanta.

Charles Anthony Key, 23, surrendered early Wednesday morning at his Ninas Trace home south of Cascade Road, said Atlanta police spokesman Sgt. John Quigley.

Key is charged with the murder of Jack R. Snook, 24, of Hickory Bluff Drive in Forsyth County in what police say may have been a case of road rage.

Snook, a Marine, returned home about a month ago after a tour of duty in Iraq.

According to the police report, Snook's wife, Cara, was in the car when her husband was shot.

She called 911 about 4:40 a.m. near the intersection of West Peachtree Street and Linden Avenue. Police found Snook dead of a gunshot to the face, Quigley said.

According to witnesses, Quigley said, Snook was a passenger in a vehicle that had stopped at the traffic light next to the Renaissance Hotel, and got into an argument with a man in a dark Ford F-150 pickup truck.

Quigley said he did not know what started the argument or what it was about.

Witnesses said the argument became heated and Snook left the vehicle to confront the man in the pickup and was shot, Quigley said.

The shooter then sped away, headed north on West Peachtree, the report said.

Quigley said detectives were able to identify the suspect on information from witnesses.

Key is in custody at the Fulton County Jail, Quigley said.

SnookÕs grandfather, Bob Hausleiter, said Snook is survived by his wife and 7-year-old daughter.

"For this young man to come home and to die in his wife's arms, in downtown Atlanta, is just something none of us can accept," he said. — Staff writer Bill Montgomery and the Associated Press contributed to this article.

00CIVICSI
04-07-2005, 09:47 AM
Hope the bastard dies!

accordon17s
04-07-2005, 09:53 AM
WHAT THE FUCK!
Seems to me that bad things always happen to good people....

A.P. Photography
04-07-2005, 09:55 AM
At what point did this asshole feel he needed to shot someone. Hope he gets what he deserves :hanged:

kilpatty43
04-07-2005, 09:56 AM
its so sad...he survives iraq...and gets killed when he comes home

4dmin
04-07-2005, 10:10 AM
Witnesses said the argument became heated and Snook left the vehicle to confront the man in the pickup and was shot

^ it sux, but he never should of got out of his vehicle obviously there is more to the story... sorry but if some guy gets out of his car and starts coming up to mine be damn sure i'll pull the gun too. you never know now a days you could flip the wrong person off and he pull a gun on you... best is to just let it go.

Bajjani
04-07-2005, 10:12 AM
Let me think..shoot him or drive off..wife/gf in vehicle...possible jail tmie...shoot the man..or drive off..such a TOUGH decision...

Kevykev
04-07-2005, 10:20 AM
I could not believe this story, I thought to myself "That is soooooo fucked up" This guy fought for the country is dangerous Iraq, comes home then gets killed... WOW

But when i heard that the guy actually got out his vehicle and approached the other guy. I thought "Ahhh man, how could he do that" It's not justifiable but when some people feel threatened they respond quickly w/o being rational.

Fucked up story nevertheless.

Macro
04-07-2005, 10:23 AM
yup read that. my brother was highly pissed, he himself is a marine..they have like a blood pack with one another, they dont even have to know each other personally, but when the gunhoo and the ooorahh takes place, either one knows to protect one another.. Man was he pissed.

Bajjani
04-07-2005, 10:25 AM
Yea my brother is a marine to..I haven't talked to him in like 2 months tho the bum..its what he gets for movin his ass to arizona!!

Macro
04-07-2005, 10:28 AM
kevy: check it brotha, he come from a hostile territory, where you dont talk shyt with out backing it up.. How many People has he killed, do you actually think you can come home with a clean conscience. FUCK NO!!!!!!! how many dead bodies has he cleaned off the street...i bet homeboy was at zero tolerence....

Julio
04-07-2005, 10:32 AM
idiot for getting out of the car..

Bajjani
04-07-2005, 10:34 AM
Fuck that man...Macro I'm not gonna agree with you on that one.. You may have that shit on your conscious but when your finally back home with your wife after serving...I'd be like fuck it I'm happy where I am sittin here with her, its not worth it.. Marines above all learn discipline

Jimmy B
04-07-2005, 11:36 AM
he was at my house on friday night.. i know his wife cara... he had an extremeley bad temper, was very rude, and ddint treat anyone like they should be.. he was an idiot for geting out of the car!!

and all because he was stopped at a light that turned green.. guy behing him(the shooter) honked the horn, jack got pissed and decited to sit there at teh green light.. the shooter continued to honk, so jack got out of the car and approched his truck, instead of letting it go, and driving off...

Macro
04-07-2005, 11:37 AM
Bajjani...yeah your right..i do agree with you....but also you cant push a marine they do snap really fast.

HEATON
04-07-2005, 11:46 AM
kevy: check it brotha, he come from a hostile territory, where you dont talk shyt with out backing it up.. How many People has he killed, do you actually think you can come home with a clean conscience. FUCK NO!!!!!!! how many dead bodies has he cleaned off the street...i bet homeboy was at zero tolerence....

WTF? So all Marines kill people? "FUCK NO!!!!!!" Dont assume stuff like that. But i must say even jus here in Germany when they come back from Downrange and go out to the towns to go clubbing they do like to start fights and and often tend to get into arguments with Polizei, But coming back from a hostile area isnt an excuse or a reason; all people who come back from Downrange go through a physiactral breifing and receives a Physiactral evaluation before sent back into civilian life.

civic95
04-07-2005, 11:54 AM
he was at my house on friday night.. i know his wife cara... he had an extremeley bad temper, was very rude, and ddint treat anyone like they should be.. he was an idiot for geting out of the car!!

and all because he was stopped at a light that turned green.. guy behing him(the shooter) honked the horn, jack got pissed and decited to sit there at teh green light.. the shooter continued to honk, so jack got out of the car and approched his truck, instead of letting it go, and driving off...

Sometimes people think because they have a little training they are badasses. Still sucks it happened.

Macro
04-07-2005, 11:54 AM
cool...i didn't know that....

Macro
04-07-2005, 11:55 AM
well my brother is INTEL...so i dont think he will killing anyone...

Kevykev
04-07-2005, 12:03 PM

That is understandeable! The Zero Telerance is what probably got him in that situation.

Who knows maybe that guy felt so threatened by him that he felt like his life was is danger so he shot him. I don't justify it but who knows what was going through both of their minds at the time.

I'm definately not taking any sides here just hypothetically speaking.

But i will say that getting out of the car was his own fault. And a fight would have been better than a shooting. But maybe the shooter though he had a gun? who knows...

Fuked up situation regardless, something was bound to happen.

Peoples Decisions > People

Macro
04-07-2005, 12:14 PM
^^true...

BOOSTEDeg
04-07-2005, 12:22 PM
All people do not go through a psych eval, you must be Air Force, LOL. I know when we come back from anywhere we do not get an eval. I have been knee deep before and just went back to "civil" populous. No, everyone that goes over there gets to kill anyone, shoot some people may not even see blood shed. But those are support and rear echelon m fer's. There is no front line but they are in the rear with the gear. It is true you tend to have less tolerance when you come back to the "real" world as we like to call it. But you can't walk around like you're owed something either. Do your time and move out.

Kristi
04-07-2005, 01:05 PM
that sucks and it so fucked up. i know i have pretty bad road rage and sometimes i just want to get outta the car and beat the shit out of some people - but i wouldn't ever do that because my luck someone would shoot my ass....you should just stay in your car and just yell what you want to say....or just drive off.

eViLMunkey
04-07-2005, 01:30 PM
Fry 'em...

Ruiner
04-07-2005, 06:27 PM
^ it sux, but he never should of got out of his vehicle obviously there is more to the story... sorry but if some guy gets out of his car and starts coming up to mine be damn sure i'll pull the gun too. you never know now a days you could flip the wrong person off and he pull a gun on you... best is to just let it go.

You took the words out of my mouth. People always jump to conclusions. There is more to the story than we know. If Snook got out and tried to open Key's door, then Key was within his rights to shoot. Of course, with Key leaving the scene, that doesn't look good for his case. We need more facts before we make our judgments.

Big Rick
04-07-2005, 06:50 PM
idiot for getting out of the car..

i was gonna say the samething

Julio
04-07-2005, 11:00 PM
I hope the guy who shot him, Doesnt go to Jail, I wouldve done the same thing. I don't know what that jackass is doing by walking up to my car in the middle of the rd.

Im with Civic95

"Sometimes people think because they have a little training they are badasses"

Hulud
04-07-2005, 11:20 PM
Fry 'em...
bring out ole smokie!