PDA

View Full Version : Misc Official Photography Discussion thread

A.P. Photography
12-20-2005, 07:28 AM
Ok since we kind of rained on George's 300 thread I started this one so we can talk about camera's and gear. :goodjob:

A.P. Photography
12-20-2005, 07:31 AM
hey now

easy with the Nikon bashing :D
im testing out my "D" series this weekend
I wasn't bashing Nikon, they make good camera's, I just prefer Canon's.

So which one are you getting? I thought you were going with the one you have the lenses for (can't remember the name)?

Hulud
12-20-2005, 08:08 AM
o man my a60 owns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2 whole megapixils lol

A.P. Photography
12-20-2005, 08:42 AM
lol, I used to have an A60. Not a bad little camera for a 2mp

Hulud
12-20-2005, 09:49 AM
lol, I used to have an A60. Not a bad little camera for a 2mp
yea i enjoy it, dont they have a new a60 or something thats 4megapixils for 199?

A.P. Photography
12-20-2005, 09:54 AM
Not sure, I have a 350D now so the lower end point and shoots I am not that familiar with. Last I heard tho they were phasing out the A60 since coming out with better models. Not sure but higher megapixels are becoming more affordable now compared to what they used to be.

Hulud
12-20-2005, 10:05 AM
:werd:

quickdodgeŽ
12-20-2005, 02:31 PM
I had a Jam Cam, once. Later, QD.

Mike Lowrey
12-20-2005, 03:07 PM
I currently have a Canon A620. It seems to be a good little camera. Takes very good pictures. I have been a fan of Canon digital cameras.

RUSH
12-20-2005, 04:54 PM
o man my a60 owns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2 whole megapixils lol

Thats what I have used for a year or so...Its a goog lil camera, and I have taken some pretty neat pics with it, but as much as I enjoy taking pics, I figured I should get a good one....

Here are some that I took with the lil A60

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v404/Ftr_10/Picture1500.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v404/Ftr_10/Picture1350.jpg

Bballjamal
12-20-2005, 08:48 PM
Decided to throw up some Nikon Coolpix 5400 pics!

http://img91.exs.cx/img91/7798/car0064xp.jpg
http://img91.exs.cx/img91/2530/car0362nf.jpg
http://img91.exs.cx/img91/5388/5h55552mq.jpg
http://img91.exs.cx/img91/4409/65py.jpg

A.P. Photography
12-20-2005, 09:27 PM
Some from the Nikon 8700 when I owned it

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v494/GA_Teg/34.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v494/GA_Teg/Integra/integra15.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v494/GA_Teg/Integra/integra17.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v494/GA_Teg/Integra/integra19.jpg

DeutscheBAG!
12-20-2005, 09:40 PM
pics from my nikon 4300..miss that camera

RUSH
12-20-2005, 09:52 PM
Best thread on IA.com!

I wish we had the same pic, with different cameras, to see how much different each one is!

Im going for the Nikon 8800 all the way!

DrivenMind
12-21-2005, 12:29 AM
First set of five;
The pic of the Evo was taken with a nicer Sony camera, and the rest were taken with my old '02 Cybershot 5.0 megapixel, any pictures you see of the Sentra were taken when I was about 16 so they're a little older and the photoshopping is a little more crude.

DrivenMind
12-21-2005, 12:31 AM
I'm getting a new Cannon SLR on Sunday, so let's hope I can someday use it to it's full potential...

A.P. Photography
12-21-2005, 07:32 AM
I'm getting a new Cannon SLR on Sunday, so let's hope I can someday use it to it's full potential...
Cool, which one are you getting? 300D, 350D, 20D?

Bballjamal
12-21-2005, 11:57 AM
Hopefully I'll throw on some 350D pics of the benz on there soon after Xmas :D

The coolpix cameras do look pretty consistent across the board though. We went from a 4600, 5400, 8700(?) and they were all excellent pics. Deffinately pleased with the last pic the 4600 produced there in vegas (or wherever that was). Yea I'm a night pic whore!

A.P. Photography
12-21-2005, 01:56 PM
Yeah all the coolpics photos are pretty even across the board. I will post a couple of one from my 350D tonight.

one from Patryjca's shoot
http://www.importatlanta.com/upload/files/14/PatSupra.jpg

RUSH
12-21-2005, 02:02 PM
What camera was used for Ren's(mysuprajust8u) photoshoot?

A.P. Photography
12-21-2005, 02:04 PM
What camera was used for Ren's(mysuprajust8u) photoshoot?
Depends on which picture you are talking about. That shoot was when I had the 8700 and Jaime shot with us on the second day with the 350D with the 70-200mm f2.8L lens. If you can refer me to the pic I can tell you which camera it was.

RUSH
12-21-2005, 02:09 PM
Yeah I can tell which one is which in the pics that were posted.

A.P. Photography
12-21-2005, 02:22 PM
Yeah I can tell which one is which in the pics that were posted.
Yeah there is a big difference between the two pics. You can def. tell which one was the SLR and which one was the 8700. Of course Jaime was shooting with a $1800 lens so his pics better put mine to shame. lol. I am not taking anything away from the 8700/8800 but they can only carry you so far, then you have to step up to a SLR with some nice glass.

Jaimecbr900
12-21-2005, 03:15 PM
I'll post some of mine tonight.

This is definetly a refreshing thread considering all the drama going on all around IA lately. ;)

A.P. Photography
12-21-2005, 03:53 PM
I'll post some of mine tonight.

This is definetly a refreshing thread considering all the drama going on all around IA lately. ;)
Jaime, I need you to upload as many pics of the shoot you did with Patrajyca as you can to the site. I am working on doing and individual modle page for her and I need as many pics as you have to make a nice collection.

Jaimecbr900
12-21-2005, 04:23 PM
Jaime, I need you to upload as many pics of the shoot you did with Patrajyca as you can to the site. I am working on doing and individual modle page for her and I need as many pics as you have to make a nice collection.

Let me call her and make sure that's cool with her and I'll do that.

Jaimecbr900
12-21-2005, 04:43 PM
These are some shots that I like:

Jaimecbr900
12-21-2005, 04:47 PM
Some more I like:

Jaimecbr900
12-21-2005, 05:04 PM
Last set for now:

Danny
12-21-2005, 05:19 PM
Jamie, some of your shots seem very noisey, especially for the situation. u dont shoot on auto-ISO do u?

My set up:

Nikon D70
SB800 flash 15min charger and 3 sets of batterys
18-70 3.5-4.5 (great flippin lense for the money)
120-300 F2.8 :D
Assio Carbon fiber tripod 64" i belive
28-200 5.6 back up lense
Lowe-Pro full weather proof backpack
Lowe-Pro side bag (when traveling light)
Manfrotto monopod (cant remember the number, but the nice alum tall one)
extra enl-3 battery pack
3 1gb 80x Pro CF cards
Sony Viao laptop

i enjoy it, if anyone is going on any photo excursions, please telling me. i am sick of doing portriats, weddings, and other BS..lol

A.P. Photography
12-21-2005, 05:45 PM
^ Punk, I have been trying to get you to meet up so we can go shoot but you always want to ignore a brotha. :lmfao:

Jaimecbr900
12-21-2005, 07:20 PM
Jamie, some of your shots seem very noisey, especially for the situation. u dont shoot on auto-ISO do u?

What do you mean by "noisey"? I've heard the term before, but always thought it had more to do with exposure. Am I wrong?

My set up:

Nikon D70
SB800 flash 15min charger and 3 sets of batterys
18-70 3.5-4.5 (great flippin lense for the money)
120-300 F2.8 :D
Assio Carbon fiber tripod 64" i belive
28-200 5.6 back up lense
Lowe-Pro full weather proof backpack
Lowe-Pro side bag (when traveling light)
Manfrotto monopod (cant remember the number, but the nice alum tall one)
extra enl-3 battery pack
3 1gb 80x Pro CF cards
Sony Viao laptop

Very nice setup. You're a lot like me by the sound of your equipment. I have extra everything. I'm anal about running out of power or not having something. I just picked me up a sweet tripod. It's a bit bulky to carry all day, but for regular photoshoots it's great. I'm going to be looking for a couple of smaller lenses after Christmas.

i enjoy it, if anyone is going on any photo excursions, please telling me. i am sick of doing portriats, weddings, and other BS..lol

Don't feel like the lone ranger.....I don't get invited to photoshoots anymore either...... :( :D

A.P. Photography
12-21-2005, 07:38 PM
What do you mean by "noisey"? I've heard the term before, but always thought it had more to do with exposure. Am I wrong?

Very nice setup. You're a lot like me by the sound of your equipment. I have extra everything. I'm anal about running out of power or not having something. I just picked me up a sweet tripod. It's a bit bulky to carry all day, but for regular photoshoots it's great. I'm going to be looking for a couple of smaller lenses after Christmas.

Don't feel like the lone ranger.....I don't get invited to photoshoots anymore either...... :( :D

Your ISO causes noise. Usually anything above 800 is real bad but depending on the shooting conditions even a 400 can be noisey.

Yeah Danny has a nice set up but I think he is racist against us Canon people :tongue:

What do you mean, I invite you on shoots. Atlanta was just a spur of the moment that you would not have enjoyed anyway. We froze our butts off that night. Now I am going to get with you about doing some other shoots but as of right now I am still planning them out.

Jaimecbr900
12-21-2005, 08:45 PM
Your ISO causes noise. Usually anything above 800 is real bad but depending on the shooting conditions even a 400 can be noisey.

Yeah Danny has a nice set up but I think he is racist against us Canon people :tongue:

What do you mean, I invite you on shoots. Atlanta was just a spur of the moment that you would not have enjoyed anyway. We froze our butts off that night. Now I am going to get with you about doing some other shoots but as of right now I am still planning them out.

I usually shoot @ 200 outside, 400 at most.

I think the "noise" is coming from post-processing non-prowess..... :( :D

I still don't know what to look for, but someone I'm sure will point it out to me.

I'm ready to go shoot now. I'm starting to get out of my funk. I just need one or two shoots to really help all the way with that. Let me know when you're ready.

A.P. Photography
12-21-2005, 08:50 PM
Hang tight and we will. I need to practice my night shooting but really need another lens for that but have read up a lot on it so I can fill you in on what I have been told/read.

Danny
12-21-2005, 08:52 PM
cool lets do somthing... i was think the new aquarium. i want to try a polilizer in those tube things everyone is talking about. tricky shooting conditions. but i can handle it..lol

i am down for what ever kinda shoot. cars are kinda gettin old. there is not much to shoot anymore.

Jamie, i have to have extras. and plus, i usually use them all :D we can shoot anywhere from 6-12gb at just one wedding :D

A.P. Photography
12-21-2005, 08:56 PM
After the first of the year I will be down for that since I will have my new lens and filter.

Bballjamal
12-21-2005, 10:55 PM
Clearly I have a long way to go haha! I'm guessing Jaime is using the 350D(with the $1.5k lens)? Deffinately the shots I want, that's all I know!

DeutscheBAG!
12-21-2005, 11:29 PM
some other pics i took with my old coolpix

SniperJoe
12-22-2005, 05:57 AM
Jaime, you might try using a program called Noise Ninja as part of your post-processing. There are lots of utilities out there that can take care of the job, but that is just the one that I'm familiar with. I would post some of my pictures from my Canon S1 IS, but I won't be back at my apartment until Monday night.

Danny
12-22-2005, 11:10 AM
Noise Ninja shouldnt have to be part of your PP. especially for the majority of the shooting conditions that he posted.

Jamie has a nice lense :D L-Glass 70-200 2.8 right? sweet... (not a shabby set up) :D

my lense, i love it!!!
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=407590&is=REG&addedTroughType=search

Jaimecbr900
12-22-2005, 12:44 PM
Noise Ninja shouldnt have to be part of your PP. especially for the majority of the shooting conditions that he posted.

Jamie has a nice lense :D L-Glass 70-200 2.8 right? sweet... (not a shabby set up) :D

my lense, i love it!!!
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=407590&is=REG&addedTroughType=search

Part of the problem is that the majority of those pics weren't shot with my big lens. They were shot with the stock 18-55 lens, using no filter, nor tripod. So some I had to lighten up a little bit and that's where I think the "noise" is also coming in. I wanted to post something other than the typical car shots. We've all seen some really good ones of those.

For example, the animal pics were shot thru very thick glass in the animal's enclosure, not using a filter (didn't have any at that time). They were also shot with my Olympus c8080 which is a step down from a true SLR and uses a fixed lens unlike the 350D. The pics from my cousin's balcony in PR of the cruise ships at night was shot w/o a tripos (didn't bring the tripod with me over to his house like an idiot :doh: ). I know, I know, excuses....excuses. Trust me, there's noone that's harder on me than me. Ask Matt. :D

I just very recently started playing around with post-processing and I'm far from any good at it. I've ruined many a pics by adding too much of what I thought the pic was lacking when I should've prob left well enough alone. I know that, but I'm trying to get better at it thru practice. Hence, why Matt needs to quit being stingy and let's get back to shooting something....nakid girls to buildings....I don't care, but let's get back to shooting.... ;)

My good lens is this one btw:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=234444&is=USA&addedTroughType=search

I do appreciate the feedback BTW. :goodjob:

Jaimecbr900
12-22-2005, 12:55 PM
Clearly I have a long way to go haha! I'm guessing Jaime is using the 350D(with the $1.5k lens)? Deffinately the shots I want, that's all I know!

Thank you.

Walker, your Vegas night shots are very nice. I like those a lot. My favorite is the one with the waterfall in the background. Very nice.

Sniper, thanks for the heads up. I'm very new at processing, so I have a long way to go. Thanks to a buddy of mine, I have Photoshop and I'm trying to learn with it. It probably has more to do with the shooter than it does with program though. Some situations, I forget to fix the previous settings and suddenly I'm shooting outside with plenty of light with the previous settings which were set up for an inside shot. I just have to remember to check my settings more often.

I've also started playing around with the White balance. It made a big difference at my daughter's choir concert the other day. I switched from AWB to the Tungsten setting and VOILA, the pic looked 100% better. Took out that dang yellow hue you always get when shooting w/o flash in the dark. :goodjob:

It's all a learning process for me. I'm far from a pro. I'm getting there though. I'm getting there. ;)

Danny
12-22-2005, 01:31 PM
as far as WB. carry a set of grey cards with u. there isnt many instances where i dont us custom white balance. alot of times, i use objects in the scene to set white balance. it seems to to help. AWB is ok for most stuff, but to get the true colors u must us custom/preset WB. i will try and post some shots later, but i dont really have anything that greatttt....

Jamie, getinto a habit of checking your camera befor you shoot at any diffrent local. I am in a habit of running through options, this is kinda my pre-takeoff flight inspection lol

FORMAT - Raw/JPG (raw for very important stuff, cars motorsports, general scenery is ALL JPG)

WB - Should i preset? 2-3 test shots, and check colors. Adjust as needed

EXP- should i adjust 1/3 stop in either direction (known after above test shots)

histogram - make sure this looks nice for your shot (works with exp)

ISO - check 200

shutter - check

apeture - check

flash - fill, rear-curtian, normal ect?? big mistake people make is not bringing an external flash to a sunny day shoot, thats a no-no

the above four, will of course change in order and priority depending on the shot.

that is kinda what runs through my head at first. gotta get in ur own habit to check all your settings. you cant afford to mess up too big. lol. we have all left our ISO way up like retards, lol.

Danny
12-22-2005, 01:34 PM
jamie, how do u like ur 350? i held one, and honestly didnt like the size. it felt small, awkward and cheep. but nikon and canon have completly different erganomics. but i feel at home on a Mark1 or Nikon D2x :D

A.P. Photography
12-22-2005, 02:05 PM
jamie, how do u like ur 350? i held one, and honestly didnt like the size. it felt small, awkward and cheep. but nikon and canon have completly different erganomics. but i feel at home on a Mark1 or Nikon D2x :D
From talking to him he loves it. I love mine but really can't wait to get the battery grip. Shooting with Jaimes with the grip and shooting with mine with out you is a world of difference.

Bballjamal
12-22-2005, 02:31 PM
Thanks to a buddy of mine, I have Photoshop and I'm trying to learn with it. It probably has more to do with the shooter than it does with program though.

The guy who runs the studio I'm starting to intern at completely hates the fact I started out on Photoshop. I feel he doesn't have that high of a confidence level in me on taking great pictures considering he thinks all who use post production tools isn't a good photographer :rly:

Great program though!

Jaimecbr900
12-22-2005, 02:49 PM
Danny, you make me feel better that I'm not the only idiot that forgot to change the settings before shooting a new scene.... :goodjob:

I have to really get in the habit of going thru a pre-shoot sequence. I do it for racing, so I should remember to do it for this. You are absolutely right though. I wanna get someone to go thru a couple of things with me that I'm a little gray on, like WB and exp (+/-). I understand the concept and now that I'm used to working with a histogram it will probably be easier, but I still have some questions about it to get it ingrained in my head when and how to use it.

One of my main issues is that I came from the 35mm world first. With my Olympus 35mm I could do some cool things because I KNEW the camera and it's settings. Some of the same concepts directly transfer to digital SLRs, but the technology is different. I just have to get used to working with it more proficiently.

A.P. Photography
12-22-2005, 02:51 PM
I have to really get in the habit of going thru a pre-shoot sequence. I do it for racing, so I should remember to do it for this. You are absolutely right though. I wanna get someone to go thru a couple of things with me that I'm a little gray on, like WB and exp (+/-). I understand the concept and now that I'm used to working with a histogram it will probably be easier, but I still have some questions about it to get it ingrained in my head when and how to use it.

That is the same boat I am in. :(

Jaimecbr900
12-22-2005, 03:07 PM

I love my 350, NOW. In the beginning, I'd thought I'd made a mistake because of exactly what you noticed....size and finish. I really should've gotten the black finish vs the silver, but hindsight is 20/20 (most add-ons are black vs silver :rolleyes: ). I was actually wanting the 20D at first, but then I came across a really good deal I couldn't pass up on the 350D.

I didn't like the size until I got the 2 battery grip "bolt-on". It really makes a huge difference. It also adds twice the battery life as it holds 2 batts vs 1. It also has the main controls and shutter for vertical shots. That makes it nice too. Like you, I have extra batts on top of that, so I could switch if I run out. The grip also has an adapter that I could use for 8 AA batts if absolutely needed. I always carry enough high cap rechargeable AA batts in my backpack too, just in case THAT is ever needed.

I want to add a hard screen protector/shade, but I'm not 100% on it just yet.

I have the CP filter and UV filter for both the L lens and the regular lens. And with the quick release attached to the lenses, it's quick to get them in/out of the tripod.

I'm using this tripod right now:
http://www.abesofmaine.com/viewproduct.asp?id=sp7500pro

I really wanted one with a ball head, but got anxy and just went out and got that one instead. I should've probably waited and gotten the one I wanted, but I'm not the most patient person when it comes to that.

As for the Mark II or the D2x......I bet the hell you would like those.... :D ;)

Jaimecbr900
12-22-2005, 03:15 PM
The guy who runs the studio I'm starting to intern at completely hates the fact I started out on Photoshop. I feel he doesn't have that high of a confidence level in me on taking great pictures considering he thinks all who use post production tools isn't a good photographer :rly:

Great program though!

To be honest, I was never too excited about processing until a good friend of mine started to critique my pics. He's used to working with several different programs, including Photoshop. He has a 20D himself. I'd post some pics I'd shot and he'd always "touch them up" a little and they looked better to me. He shoot a lot of RAW images, so he's proficient at it.

Once I got a friend of mine.....*cough*** :D ***cough***...to hook me up with Photoshop, I just started playing with it.

I'm still a newbie at it. I like that I can copyright the pics and that I can play with the size. I'm still a little too new to really put it thru it's paces, but I'll get there eventually. I've been working on some older pics and playing with them lately.

To be honest, I can kind of see what your guy is saying, but it's probably because I'm not good at processing myself. I'm used to shooting the pic, and it either turned out good or bad, no manipulation in between. I understand where he's coming from, but I'm starting to learn that he may be wrong though. I can also see where post-processing really can manipulate a good pic into a great pic in the right hands.

Danny
12-22-2005, 03:51 PM
as far a PP goes, where your boss dude doesnt like it:

my opinion on the subject is that people against PP are the people scared they are gonna loose business to people that shoot digital and PP them. Its an equal playing field we all have. So why not PP? Hobbies, sports, entertainmet all change rapidly. Ya know, from whats socially acceptible for women to wear (early 1900s they had to wear pants and ankles showing was riskay SP?? lol, now girls barly wear anything and its accepted by majority of socity). Thats similar to photography, whats socially aceptable in the photography world WILL CHANGE, get over it! Now, tooo much PP (cough**estis fatuss** cough cough** LOL) is a whole different story. :D But thats why competitions have rules about what u can do and what u cant. So then again, your back to an equal playing field. Personally, i dont like to do alot of PP on photos, inless i am going for that effect with the photo. I stick to softening, sharpening, contrst, saturation, and levels. and in very moderation on all of them.

Bballjamal
12-22-2005, 03:59 PM
Good views, never looked at it that way! Looks like I can butt heads with him for a coulpe minutes next year

DeutscheBAG!
12-22-2005, 05:24 PM
Walker, your Vegas night shots are very nice. I like those a lot. My favorite is the one with the waterfall in the background. Very nice.

thanks man. i'm not trying to keep promoting y vegas shots but i found the ones that are my fave.but also show what messing around with different settings can get you.(pics down below)

I finally joined the DSLR world and now have a Nikon D50. i like it so far very similar to the D70 which i have some experience with but your Jaime your right..its a whole different world when going to DSLR..i came from 35mm too..(Minolta Maxxuum 7D) takes amazing shots..especially B&W's..but its like starting over almost.

we do have some amazing photographers on this site. it would be nice to have a photographers day out or something..

i look forward to working with you blokes on the calendar.

Danny
12-22-2005, 05:56 PM
^^^I must say i like the WB in the third pic the most. Yet, the two random subjects in the forground and the angle that IMO could be better, make a potential good picture, bad. also, the third being my fav, i would say its a hair underexposed. but this monitor i am has not been adjusted with the little machine thing, cant remember that things name..lol

Jaimecbr900
12-22-2005, 06:13 PM
Congrats on the D50 Walker. Those are very nice cams. Very nice shots above, except you should've told your boy to get the hell out of the way..... :D

I like the idea of a photo guys day/night out. We have several holidays, i.e. days off work, coming up. Maybe we could do it then. I'd like to take some night architecture shots and maybe some creative non-posed people pics.

There quite a few non-DSLR cams that are very very good. My old C8080 is a good example. The only real big achiles is that they can't do different lenses so you're confined to what the cam brings and that's it. For the majority of people that's ok. Some of the higher end non's have just about as many built-in features as most baseline DSLR's where people can make up for the lack of lenses too.

To be honest, a good photographer can take a good pic with just about anything. Most of the photographer's worth is in their head and eyes.

DeutscheBAG!
12-22-2005, 06:15 PM
^^^I must say i like the WB in the third pic the most. Yet, the two random subjects in the forground and the angle that IMO could be better, make a potential good picture, bad. also, the third being my fav, i would say its a hair underexposed. but this monitor i am has not been adjusted with the little machine thing, cant remember that things name..lol

i was all done adjusting diff setting on manuals and as soon as i take the pic, they walk right into and just stand their.this was about 4in the morning..i was too tired to wait for them to move on their marry way

A.P. Photography
12-22-2005, 06:33 PM
Pics look good Walker. Congrats on the D50. Just out of curosity, why did you go with the Nikon instead of the Minolta you told me about? I figured you would have stayed with the Minolta to take advantage of your lenses.

I agree that a photog's day out woud be a blast. Maybe we can get Danny to give us a crash course on WB and a few other things. :D

Danny
12-22-2005, 06:38 PM
Yall know just as much as me.. i really dont know a whole lot... but lets figure something to go shoot. any ideas?

A.P. Photography
12-22-2005, 06:40 PM
Yall know just as much as me.. i really dont know a whole lot... but lets figure something to go shoot. any ideas?
Well you know more than Jaime and I for sure. I am still learning and trying new things but sometimes they just come out wrong. lol.

I agree, I am picking up my new lens after the first of the year so anytime after that I would love to do a day of shooting or something like that.

Danny
12-22-2005, 06:55 PM
^^^ i dont know if i know more than yall... but if i can answer questions i will sure try. so fire away :D lol

what lense are u gettin GAteg?

A.P. Photography
12-22-2005, 07:01 PM
I am picking up the Tamron 28-75mm F2.8 IF and possibly the Canon 50mm F1.8 II

Then I start saving up for the 70-200mm F2.8L IS like Jaime's

Danny
12-22-2005, 07:38 PM
sounds niiceee..... i love the 70-200 IS

DeutscheBAG!
12-23-2005, 01:13 AM
Pics look good Walker. Congrats on the D50. Just out of curosity, why did you go with the Nikon instead of the Minolta you told me about? I figured you would have stayed with the Minolta to take advantage of your lenses.

the camera was a xmas gift from my girlfriend. i was going to get the Konica Minolta this weekend as treat for myself but she surprised me with the Nikon early before she went to Maryland for the weekend..guess my money can go towards a nice lense :D

A.P. Photography
12-23-2005, 07:37 AM
the camera was a xmas gift from my girlfriend. i was going to get the Konica Minolta this weekend as treat for myself but she surprised me with the Nikon early before she went to Maryland for the weekend..guess my money can go towards a nice lense :D
Oh well that is cool. I thought you went and bought it. Congrats on a nice gift :goodjob: I know there is one thing I have learned from being on different photography boards, invest in nice glass. That is what I am doing now is getting nice glass, the tamron gets great reviews on several boards I am on and athough it is not "L" glass it runs pretty close. The next big lens will be and "L" like Jaime's, I love that lens.

Well we need to work on a date for the photogs to go out and shoot.

Bballjamal
12-23-2005, 08:42 AM
Photog day sounds nice! For some reason I've always wanted to have a small contest with photographers! List out 5-10 different things and throughout that week or two week period they get their best shot of that particular object. Obviously everyone does the same shots through the same amount of time then later on (online) we compare and see who got the best shots of what.

Tried that with a few friends but they are your everyday camera people. Point, shoot, move on......so it wasn't a fun experience like I had planned.

Danny
12-23-2005, 09:59 AM
goood idea. except you would only list one thing for a 2-4 week period. also, the thing doesnt have to be an object, it could be a description of who can capture the contrast between flourescent and natural light the best. theres millions of things. check online contests, maybe we just copy their parameters?? would be easy and fairly set up, since it would be done by a third party. just an idea.

DeutscheBAG!
12-23-2005, 06:32 PM
goood idea. except you would only list one thing for a 2-4 week period. also, the thing doesnt have to be an object, it could be a description of who can capture the contrast between flourescent and natural light the best. theres millions of things. check online contests, maybe we just copy their parameters?? would be easy and fairly set up, since it would be done by a third party. just an idea.

on vwvortex.com every week they have a contest for the photographers on the site..each week is a new subject, and u post your best pic(s) about that subject....

DrivenMind
12-24-2005, 04:06 AM
Here's a question, probably a dumb one, but I'd like to know.

When referring to lenses, what does the "x-x"mm indicate?

and does a filter make a big difference in image quality?

Danny
12-24-2005, 03:52 PM
the MM in a lense is the focal length in MM. dpreview.com under glossary if u dont know what focal length is. :D and yes, a UV filter is a must for all shooting conditions for various reasons. other filters are nice, circular polarizer is really the only other one i use. :D

Bballjamal
12-24-2005, 08:04 PM
So can anyone tell me some must haves for the 350d I might not know about yet (personal preferences work here).

Prosumer must haves:

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

and

Semi to full pro must haves:

-
-
-
-
-
-
-

redlinenprelude
12-24-2005, 08:56 PM
i got a fujifilm s5100 for my birthday and so far i love it.. i dont have any filter or anything yet.. here are a few of the pics i have snapped.. any pros with some tips?

Jaimecbr900
12-24-2005, 09:54 PM
So can anyone tell me some must haves for the 350d I might not know about yet (personal preferences work here).

Prosumer must haves:

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

and

Semi to full pro must haves:

-
-
-
-
-
-
-

I don't know if I understood your question, but I'll give it a try.

"Must haves":
-extra batteries
-obviously more lenses
-a couple of filters for the lenses (UV and CP)
-a nice tripod

"Cool to have":
-battery grip
-pimp lenses
-Nice big bag to carry everything in
-pimp flash

Overall, the best thing to do is practice, practice, practice. It's an easy camera to shoot with. I like mine a lot.

Bballjamal
12-25-2005, 06:56 AM
HAH, well I ended up with an Olympus Evolt E-300 :(

I'm always the underdog! First a cavalier, now this.

Jaimecbr900
12-25-2005, 07:31 PM
HAH, well I ended up with an Olympus Evolt E-300 :(

I'm always the underdog! First a cavalier, now this.

I'm a big fan of Olympus. I've had several Olympus and I've had very good results from every single one of them.

Bballjamal
12-25-2005, 08:22 PM
Well I got the kit with two lenses for a good deal (My Canon 20D body for the whole camera kit +1 lense). Came with a Zuiko Digi 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 and 40-150mm F3.5-4.5. So far I've done a mini photoshoot with the CLK430 and some of the pictures look slightly pixelated. I'll post in another thread and link you all there once It's done!

A.P. Photography
12-25-2005, 08:37 PM
The E-volt from what I have read is a good camera. Not sure on how to tell you to shoot with that one since it is a different system than I am on but I am sure if we all get together we can figure some things out.

I agree with what Jaime said as far as must haves and cool to have. He has my lens I want but can't afford right now :( It's ok, I will get there one day. One day I shall have that lens. And I love my 350D and can't wait till we all get together to go shoot.

NAIZBST
12-25-2005, 08:39 PM
Some from the Nikon 8700 when I owned it

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v494/GA_Teg/34.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v494/GA_Teg/Integra/integra15.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v494/GA_Teg/Integra/integra17.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v494/GA_Teg/Integra/integra19.jpg

still showing off the cheerleaders :lmfao: :lmfao:

NAIZBST
12-25-2005, 08:46 PM
thanks again matt for which camera to get, I think I am going to go with the Cannon S2 IS, also does that camera allow additional lenses to be attached?

Bballjamal
12-25-2005, 09:42 PM
Well one crappy part is that it only offers 3 points of focus in AF unlike the 7/8 points we're all used to. Also another question for everyone! I notice a-lot of people use borders around their pictures (as do I) But I was wondering is there an easy way to add borders? I go into photoshop and manually do it everytime!

Easily the two best pics of maybe 5 good! 25 total so not too bad for working on a new platform :o

http://img376.imageshack.us/img376/5505/post19qj.jpg

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/404/post29ge.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Bballjamal
12-25-2005, 09:55 PM
http://img276.imageshack.us/img276/398/post46fg.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/6771/post50fv.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Official pimp coat of 06' (heard it here first)
http://img447.imageshack.us/img447/2714/post34nc.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

A.P. Photography
12-25-2005, 10:58 PM
thanks again matt for which camera to get, I think I am going to go with the Cannon S2 IS, also does that camera allow additional lenses to be attached?
I haven't researched it enough to be sure but I would think it does.

A.P. Photography
12-25-2005, 10:59 PM
Jamal, pics look good man. I think you might want to move the garbage cans next time though, lol.

Bballjamal
12-25-2005, 11:22 PM
O LMAO! It adds character man! Nahh, just got excited and had to knock some shots off! Sure I'll have more creative ones in a couple days, if not tomorrow! Want to knock off some nighties but have no tripod yet. Might go out and grab a temp one for tomorrow.

DrivenMind
12-26-2005, 08:49 AM
Alright, well I haven't gone to bed since waking up yesterday morning because I've been waiting for Wal-Mart to open so I could go grab a CF card. Mum got me a Canon Digital Rebel XT "kit" which came with a cute little 18-55mm lens. I'm still reading the little book, but I really anxious to go tinker with a real camera that I couldn't fend off my excitement. Below are some of the pics I took this morning with no real idea as to how to use the camera.

I'm headed back up to Kennesaw mountain (w/the book) to see if I can't come up with some decent pictures. I'll keep you posted gents.

Also: Take a long hard look at the car at the car wash, as that's probably the closest it will ever be to looking "painted" for a long time.

A.P. Photography
12-26-2005, 09:30 AM
Congrats on the camera man :goodjob:

Bballjamal
12-26-2005, 10:46 AM
I bet once you figure out how to control your focus you'll be doing good in no time. I was sitting in the basement clueless until I read the manual and saw how to do it on the Olympus platform! Then 25 pics later.........yea!

Also "scene" helped me out with enriching the greens and reds you see in photo with the car in between the branches! I'm liking the camera even though it had some bad reviews on dpreview : /

Also another question for everyone! I notice a-lot of people use borders around their pictures (as do I) But I was wondering is there an easy way to add borders? I go into photoshop and manually do it everytime!

A.P. Photography
12-26-2005, 01:43 PM
Also another question for everyone! I notice a-lot of people use borders around their pictures (as do I) But I was wondering is there an easy way to add borders? I go into photoshop and manually do it everytime!

The best way to do it is create a background ahead of time. For instance if you want a black border then create a solid black background that is 40 pixels larger than the pic that you are sizing. For instance an 800x640 make the background 840x660 and save it as background in the folder in which you are working. Then once the pic is sized to an 800x600, select it, copy it, open background, and then past. done. ;)

DrivenMind
12-26-2005, 03:47 PM
Second batch, did a little more reading and figured out how to adjust the aperture value. More to come.

redlinenprelude
12-27-2005, 07:44 AM
nice pics^

where was the skyline pic takin?

Bballjamal
12-27-2005, 09:22 AM
nice pics^

where was the skyline pic takin?

Guessing Kennesaw area!

I like how the camera caught the light coming through the clouds!

Danny
12-27-2005, 10:35 AM
Guessing Kennesaw area!

I like how the camera caught the light coming through the clouds!

can be done with a small apeture (like 18-22 or so) its fun in the woods with thick canopy. tripod needed sometimes ;)

DrivenMind
12-27-2005, 07:08 PM
Took this one today, at Kennesaw mountain. Got home and tinkered with it in photoshop a bit.

Bballjamal
12-27-2005, 07:44 PM
HAHA I took one almost exactly like that! Used a black and mild and had it sitting in my window! Good shot! Seems like you're going picture crazy like me! I'm trying to buy about two or three more lenses in the upcoming weeks to get a wider selection of shots.

A.P. Photography
12-27-2005, 09:58 PM
HAHA I took one almost exactly like that! Used a black and mild and had it sitting in my window! Good shot! Seems like you're going picture crazy like me! I'm trying to buy about two or three more lenses in the upcoming weeks to get a wider selection of shots.
How much do lenses run on the Olympus and which ones are you looking at?

Bballjamal
12-28-2005, 03:18 PM
Most of them run under 1k but those are your usual macro and wide-angles.

I'm looking at these two right now. It will deffinately be a one or the other type of deal now with money situations!

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=358162&is=REG&addedTroughType=categoryNavigation

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=301910&is=REG&addedTroughType=categoryNavigation

And eventually I'll sell something off my car to get a good telephoto lens! I'm pretty limited to lenses considering Olympus uses the Four Thirds system (or am I just not looking?)

A.P. Photography
12-28-2005, 03:34 PM
Ouch, I would go with the 2.8 first. Just my 2 cents

Danny
12-28-2005, 03:44 PM
dang dude, thats freaking expensive for a slow, cheap looking lense!!! why are u sooooo hooked on olympus? if u dont mind me asking??

A.P. Photography
12-28-2005, 03:47 PM
dang dude, thats freaking expensive for a slow, cheap looking lense!!! why are u sooooo hooked on olympus? if u dont mind me asking??I don't think he is hooked on them Danny but rather that is what he got for Christmas.

Danny
12-28-2005, 04:00 PM
get a good 17-55mm 2.8 if u can afford it

then if u really want crazy wide, buy a 10mm fisheye. screw 1800 bucks for a 7-14mm. what the heck do u use 7mm for lol....

fisheye and a nice wide zoom will tackle most close up situations. not like u will take portriats or car photos at 7-14mm anyway. inless u want soome really funky artsy lookin pics?

also, what are those lense constructed of? they look plastic?

Danny
12-28-2005, 04:05 PM
HOLY PISS, Olympus has a 2x crop factor.. ha, thats why u want a 7-14mm bump that. ill stick with my 1.5x crop factor and call it a day.

good luck on your decision. just read alot of reviews on the glass at hand, and u will be just fine :D good luck bro!!!!!

Bballjamal
12-28-2005, 04:28 PM
I don't think he is hooked on them Danny but rather that is what he got for Christmas.
Yup! Haha I've heard that they don't have that wide of range of selection when it came to lenses and with DSLR's lenses are a huge key factor. And yea I caught that crop factor also, reasoning to why I went with that lense. I have yet to find what the construction material is but I do agree on slow & cheap lense comment.

And I count on reviews to help me out a TON....

Problem is with that is everyone is recommending a 14-54 f2.8 and that's only one f-stop on the 14-45mm f3.5-5.6 I have. That wouldn't give me much of a difference.

I'm trying to get two lenses, one for good macro and close up portaits and one great for landscape! This is hard haha! Only 12 or so lenses to choose from :(

Danny
12-28-2005, 07:47 PM
u say u have a 14 45 3.5-5.6 right? ok, now say u buy this 14 54 2.8 fixed aperture. 2.8 is hella faster than 3.5 and unbelivably faster than 5.6. I have a 4-5.6 lense, i cant stand it (its a backup telephoto). My main lense is 18-70 3.5-4.5 its a GREAT lense, a little slow at times but u cant beat it for the money. but bottom line, a 2.8 through out is alot alot different than a 3.5 - 5.6 lense. trust me. :D good luck.

A.P. Photography
12-28-2005, 08:39 PM
u say u have a 14 45 3.5-5.6 right? ok, now say u buy this 14 54 2.8 fixed aperture. 2.8 is hella faster than 3.5 and unbelivably faster than 5.6. I have a 4-5.6 lense, i cant stand it (its a backup telephoto). My main lense is 18-70 3.5-4.5 its a GREAT lense, a little slow at times but u cant beat it for the money. but bottom line, a 2.8 through out is alot alot different than a 3.5 - 5.6 lense. trust me. :D good luck.
The man speaks the truth. That is why I said go with the 2.8 ;)

Danny
12-28-2005, 08:50 PM
my good friend is a photographer. you wont find anything but 2.8 fixeds in his lense arsonal. well, i take that back, youll find a 1.4 and 1.8 every once in a while.lol. i would have a wide zoom 2.8, but i have come to the conclusion i cant jusify the expense. not with the little money i make a photography.lol.

soo whats our photo excursion going to be. lets start a contest asap. :D

ga teg, whats ur name bro? i hate calling people by there hard to say and understand handles.lol :D

A.P. Photography
12-28-2005, 08:55 PM
ga teg, whats ur name bro? i hate calling people by there hard to say and understand handles.lol :D
Matt

Jaimecbr900
12-28-2005, 08:56 PM
I'm looking at picking up a pair of lenses in the next few weeks. I'm looking at a 50mm 1.4 or 1.8 or an 17-18mm 1.8 and a backup zoom/macro (I should've kept the one I had...cough*Matt*cough).

The one thing I really need and want is a good flash. Suckers are expensive though. I wanted the Canon EX series flash because it swivels vertically and horizontally.

A.P. Photography
12-28-2005, 09:04 PM
I'm looking at picking up a pair of lenses in the next few weeks. I'm looking at a 50mm 1.4 or 1.8 or an 17-18mm 1.8 and a backup zoom/macro (I should've kept the one I had...cough*Matt*cough).

The one thing I really need and want is a good flash. Suckers are expensive though. I wanted the Canon EX series flash because it swivels vertically and horizontally.
Have I said thank you latley :tongue:

Here is the lens I am getting next:
28-75mm F2.8 Tamron
50mm F1.8 Canon

What I want/need:
Canon 580EX flash
Canon 70-200mm F2.8L
Canon 85mm F1.8
Canon 50mm F1.2 (Yes this lens is new, badass, and well over $1300 :(
Canon 70-300mm F3.5-5.6 with IS

Danny
12-29-2005, 08:26 AM
our 50 1.8 are dirt cheap. are yours? and its the sharpest lense nikon makes :D 100 bucks :D hehee.

sigma 150 macro kicks butt guys, i love that lense. dont shake ur head at sigma, their pro series are better or just as good as nikkor/canon factory pro lenses :D bling bling :D

85 1.4 is where its at :D schaaweeeeeetttttttt :D

if your sitting here talking about 1k-2k lenses and u dont have a speedlight???!!!! WTF!!! a speedlight is more important than most lenses, holy crap go buy one u goof balls!!! lol ;)

A.P. Photography
12-29-2005, 08:33 AM
our 50 1.8 are dirt cheap. are yours? and its the sharpest lense nikon makes :D 100 bucks :D hehee.

sigma 150 macro kicks butt guys, i love that lense. dont shake ur head at sigma, their pro series are better or just as good as nikkor/canon factory pro lenses :D bling bling :D

85 1.4 is where its at :D schaaweeeeeetttttttt :D

if your sitting here talking about 1k-2k lenses and u dont have a speedlight???!!!! WTF!!! a speedlight is more important than most lenses, holy crap go buy one u goof balls!!! lol ;)
Our 50 1.8 is aroun $75 online so it is a awesome lens for the money but the 1.2 that is coming will be amazing.

I have a sigma now (70-300) and I like it but want one with IS.

I am getting a speedlight, just have to save a little more money ;)

Danny
12-29-2005, 08:41 AM
u want IS ehhh??? little girly photographer :D real men done need IS / VR :D

one of the best things a good phtographer will do is practice a steady hand. we used to practice on like a coke can, and see who could have the longest shutter befor they couldnt read the ingrediants on the back :D typically at least 1-2 seconds for my shakey hand lol

A.P. Photography
12-29-2005, 08:45 AM
u want IS ehhh??? little girly photographer :D real men done need IS / VR :D

one of the best things a good phtographer will do is practice a steady hand. we used to practice on like a coke can, and see who could have the longest shutter befor they couldnt read the ingrediants on the back :D typically at least 1-2 seconds for my shakey hand lol
Yeah yeah what ever. I messed my left arm up a while back so it is not as steady as it used to be. But normall for shots that long on exposure I am using a tripod anyway so I guess it does not matter.

Danny
12-29-2005, 09:01 AM
true, u should use a tripod for that long. but its a must to have a steady hand. that way u can shoot in worse conditions than the photograher next to u. Like some weddings they wont let us use flash during the ceramony. That makes good shots difficult to say the least.lol

A.P. Photography
12-29-2005, 09:03 AM
Yeah I can imagine. I took some pics of my civic last night just for the heck of it and was going down to 1/20 sec or so and they came out clear. I keep trying to go down as low as I can so I can find my limit.

Bballjamal
12-29-2005, 10:23 AM
Yeah I can imagine. I took some pics of my civic last night just for the heck of it and was going down to 1/20 sec or so and they came out clear. I keep trying to go down as low as I can so I can find my limit.

I find myself doing that a lot also! And I'll deffinately be looking into the 2.8 alittle more now! Thanks!

sum1udontknow84
03-13-2006, 11:11 PM
I just starting getting into photography about 4 years ago. I am in a photo my 3rd photo class at my school. I have learned a lot about photoshop and photosuite which are good programs that I like. I was able to use mostly photoshop in these pictures. I have gotten into finals 2 years in a row for the Serbin Best of Photography 2004 and Best of College 2006. I have a shitty camera, it is an old Fujifilm FinePix 2650 with 2.0 Mega Pixels. I am wanting to buy a D-SLR like a D-50 or even a Rebel in a few months so I can really get my Photography going. Well heres a couple of my photos.

Bballjamal
03-14-2006, 11:14 AM
Good photo's!

I would've especially liked the first photo if you could see the fronts of the cars and there were no people in there.

A.P. Photography
03-14-2006, 11:17 AM
The beach is hands down the best one out of all of them but looks a little too proccessed.

RUSH
03-14-2006, 01:54 PM
I think Im gonna end up getting the Nikon D70 with a 18-200mmVR lens

Good choice?

A.P. Photography
03-14-2006, 02:07 PM
Good choice. I forget the member on here but someone has the 18-200mm VR and it seems like it takes some very good pics. I say go for it. I know Tom (Quickbrick) shoots with a D70 and he takes some awesome pictures.

RUSH
03-14-2006, 02:31 PM
Yeah its the dude that shot the aquarium pics....I forget his name but they were amazing looking! So that sold me on it!

RUSH
03-14-2006, 02:34 PM
It was Dean...I thought it was but I wasnt 100% sure

http://forums.importatlanta.com/showthread.php?t=48059

A.P. Photography
03-14-2006, 02:36 PM
yeah thats him

fox
03-16-2006, 08:51 AM
i'm just now gettiing on the photography bandwagon so quick question, can you guys recommend any forums for this hobby? some place i can go to for quick answers, advice, and so forth? i was just given a canon eos d30, no idea what it's capable of, but i'm hoping to find out soon. thanks.

A.P. Photography
03-16-2006, 08:55 AM
With canon check out
www.photography-on-the.net
and for some general knowledge
www.photozo.com
but there is a huge number of photography sites out there with information so it really depends on what area you want to get into.

fox
03-16-2006, 09:04 AM
yeah, i recently got on potn. seems too pro... but the latter link is just what i was looking for. thanks man.

A.P. Photography
03-16-2006, 09:08 AM
NP, POTN is great and a lot of pro's are on that site and can help but you have to be able to take some harsh critiques if you post pics. I got hammered when I first joined up but they give some great feedback no doubt. Photozo has some great tutorials as well.

Jaimecbr900
03-16-2006, 11:02 AM
i'm just now gettiing on the photography bandwagon so quick question, can you guys recommend any forums for this hobby? some place i can go to for quick answers, advice, and so forth? i was just given a canon eos d30, no idea what it's capable of, but i'm hoping to find out soon. thanks.

Nice gift...the 30D. :goodjob:

Here you go, specs on your camera:

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0602/06022114canoneos30d.asp

That is a very pimp camera BTW. Based on your line of questioning, it has more than enough to keep you busy for a long time. It has exceptional capabilities. It's a professional level camera. I think Canon's website may have a link to a tutorial type of site. I know they do for the 350D, so they should for the 30D.

fox
03-16-2006, 11:50 AM
That is a very pimp camera BTW. Based on your line of questioning, it has more than enough to keep you busy for a long time. It has exceptional capabilities. It's a professional level camera. I think Canon's website may have a link to a tutorial type of site. I know they do for the 350D, so they should for the 30D.
ah, thanks. i'm so looking forward to all the shit there is learn about this. :D
and the link is appreciated.

A.P. Photography
03-16-2006, 11:55 AM
Nice gift...the 30D. :goodjob:

Here you go, specs on your camera:

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0602/06022114canoneos30d.asp

Wait, did he get a 30D or a D30? Canon has two different ones and the D30 is discontinued. :thinking:
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/specs/Canon/canon_eosd30.asp

fox
03-16-2006, 01:54 PM
30d. my mistake.

A.P. Photography
03-16-2006, 02:07 PM
30d. my mistake.
Are you sure? I mean mad props if you did, damn I wish someone would hand me a $1,400 body :tongue: Was it a gift (birthday, good grades, thanks for not knocking my daughter up) or just someone gave it to you?

fox
03-16-2006, 02:21 PM
haha. retarded me. :eye: it's a d30. i could've sworn i typed it right. guy i know shoots for some publication got a knew camera, so he just handed it down to me.

A.P. Photography
03-16-2006, 02:38 PM
Cool cool. Yeah the D30 is a good one to learn on as it has quite a few features. It is only a 3mp but still produces good images.

Jaimecbr900
03-16-2006, 02:56 PM
Ok, now I'm confused. The 30D is the newest step up from the the 20D.

Somebody put up a link to the one this young man has.

A.P. Photography
03-16-2006, 02:58 PM
Ok, now I'm confused. The 30D is the newest step up from the the 20D.

Somebody put up a link to the one this young man has.
I already did homie. It is in my other post. yes he has the D30 not a 30D. The D30 was one of the first EOS SLR cameras that came out. That is why I thought it odd he is not in photography but got handed a $1,400 body (no offense fox).

fox
03-16-2006, 03:09 PM
it's posted above by ga_teg. sorry if i contributed to any of that confusion.

fox
03-16-2006, 03:10 PM
ah, i was beat to it.

but no offense taken, man. completely logical.

A.P. Photography
03-16-2006, 03:11 PM
it's posted above by ga_teg. sorry if i contributed to any of that confusion.
Nah you straight man, you posted it right to begin with in the thread, Jaime just gets excited by new camera bodies :lmfao:

Jaimecbr900
03-16-2006, 03:34 PM
Nah you straight man, you posted it right to begin with in the thread, Jaime just gets excited by new camera bodies :lmfao:

Hell yeah, I was like damn.....a 30D.....big pimpin' right there, hand me down or not. I'll take a hand me down like that any day...... :D ;)

When my camera grows up, I want it to be a 30 or a Mark II.... ;)

A.P. Photography
03-16-2006, 03:42 PM
Hell yeah, I was like damn.....a 30D.....big pimpin' right there, hand me down or not. I'll take a hand me down like that any day...... :D ;)

When my camera grows up, I want it to be a 30 or a Mark II.... ;)
Naw when mine grows up I want it to be a 1D Mark II N. or the 1Ds Mark II

Red
03-17-2006, 01:03 AM
Damn, you two photographers think you know it all.....LOL :)

A.P. Photography
03-17-2006, 08:59 AM
Damn, you two photographers think you know it all.....LOL :)
We try :tongue:

RUSH
05-02-2006, 10:35 AM
Figured I would get this thread up and going again...

Im getting the Nikon D70 with the 18-200mmVR lens prolly Friday, and should have it next week...Im excited, think that is a good choice?

Me and My Brother are having a lil contest, we found an awesome shot of a barn in a pasture here where I live, and we are gonna see who can get the best shot. Tell you what, I will post the two pics up and you all can choose which one is better

A.P. Photography
05-02-2006, 10:37 AM
Figured I would get this thread up and going again...

Im getting the Nikon D70 with the 18-200mmVR lens prolly Friday, and should have it next week...Im excited, think that is a good choice?

Me and My Brother are having a lil contest, we found an awesome shot of a barn in a pasture here where I live, and we are gonna see who can get the best shot. Tell you what, I will post the two pics up and you all can choose which one is better
Sounds good Rush, can't wait to see what you come up with.

RUSH
05-02-2006, 10:41 AM
Yeah, Im happy that Im finally getting it...Bonus's are sweet and this one couldnt come at a better time...

Pavlo
05-14-2006, 10:14 PM
Well here are some of mine. My sister's hand when she was smoking and her posing with my car at the background. These are scans by the way, I have a cannon rebel GII. It's a film camera.
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f104/Pavlo959/679286-R1-10-14.jpg
A phone pic (moto V551)
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f104/Pavlo959/05-11-06_0912.jpg

Nemesis
05-16-2006, 06:18 AM
**peeks in**

**sees a lot of Canon fanboys!**

**spits on ground and kicks dirt up**

~runs out~

A.P. Photography
05-16-2006, 08:20 AM
**peeks in**

~runs out~
OB1 Voice
~Come to the Canon side young padawan~

RUSH
05-16-2006, 10:12 AM
**peeks in**

~runs out~

Im here with you, I bought the D70s last week, and love it...I was so close to getting the d200 but I just couldnt....but it did feel so sexy!
I will post up some shots that I took with it, still learning errthing! Havent really had anything to shoot at.

RUSH
05-16-2006, 01:54 PM
Here are a couple that I got the other day, I have been reading up on it today and learned abunch, just give me some time...

I was using a Af-s DX zoom-Nikkor ED 18-70mm, I was wanting the 18-200mm VR but where I bought the Camera they were sold out and on back order, so Im working on getting it soon!

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a259/rushmb/mountaintops2.jpg

Had a Gradual neutral grey g2 filter, that I was using and just trying something on the next two!
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a259/rushmb/mountaintops.jpg

Oh, I built that pond also...lol
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a259/rushmb/watergarden.jpg

Just a random shot
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a259/rushmb/Picture067.jpg

hemi
05-18-2006, 11:43 AM
Probably not the right spot to post this, but I am looking for someone to photograph my wedding in September. I see a lot of great pictures in the thread, and you all seem to know your craft...
If anyone is interested PM me, otherwise back to your discussion.

Jaimecbr900
05-18-2006, 11:54 AM
Rush, the 1st and 3rd shots are on the money. Very nice. :goodjob:

A.P. Photography
05-18-2006, 12:10 PM
Rush, the 1st and 3rd shots are on the money. Very nice. :goodjob:
Agreed, good job Rush.

RUSH
05-18-2006, 02:06 PM
Thanks guys, I think I learn more and more every shot! I bought another lens 70-200, so Im excited to see how that works!

Nemesis
05-18-2006, 02:36 PM
Glad to see another Nikon User!

**kicks dirt in Canon users general direction** :lmao:

man, ive been bad lately about this :lmao:

A.P. Photography
05-18-2006, 02:41 PM
~grabs handful of dirt and throws it at Nemesis~

RUSH
05-18-2006, 02:59 PM
Glad to see another Nikon User!

**kicks dirt in Canon users general direction** :lmao:

man, ive been bad lately about this :lmao:

I actually seen your thread this morning about your lens for sale, but I bought one yesturday...that sux!

I want the 70-200 VR so bad but I spent a lil more then I had planned on the camera and and all the stuff needed, so looks like I might have to wait on it!