View Full Version : 1997 Del so FT, Need something that seats 5, check it out

topsecret2JZ
12-18-2005, 09:39 AM
The car has been wrecked, but fixed
105,000 miles
lowered
automatic
power windows
I am trying to trade this car not because it was wrecked but becuase i need something that has five seat, it can be a four door or a two door, just not two seats, sorry everyone about all the confusion before, i did not realize that car had been wrecked i thought it was just a fender bender

Car runs great good daily driver, does not leak anything, drives fine, looks fine, couple dents in the hood but not bad and a dent in the back passenger quarter panel other than that the paint looks good.

The rims are not mine they are my room mates so i can't give them up with the car unless 500 dollars is thrown in because that is how much he wanted for the rims if they go with the car.

Halfwit
12-18-2005, 09:48 AM
always liked those lil cars. im also in search of turbo bliss. good luck.

Humphrizzle
12-18-2005, 11:05 AM
amber corners look pretty good.. i would go back to OEM rear end though.

good luck

topsecret2JZ
12-18-2005, 11:20 AM
yeah i wanted to but it was on there when i got the car so i just left it

RutRoe
12-18-2005, 11:33 AM
SO this is that same one that was wrecked right? Looks good, just wanted to make sure its the same one.

topsecret2JZ
12-18-2005, 11:38 AM
Not sure, it does not look like it has been wrecked, the core support is bent at the bottom, but it did not effect anything, it runs completely fine, drives fine, there are no vibrations, i drive it to work all the time and it is my daily, and nothing has gone wrong with it at all

JDMBeau
12-18-2005, 11:56 AM
yea this is joshes old del sol. it was wrecked but civallude had it fixed on a frame machine and the front radiator support fixed. looks like you painted that front bumper and got some clear fog lights?

looks good bump for this car

JDMBeau
12-18-2005, 11:57 AM
nice CRX underthe car cover too lol

speedminded
12-18-2005, 12:00 PM
nice CRX underthe car cover too lolhehe, that's what a i was just lookin at, like screw the del slow...i wanna see the rex....go go gadget x-ray vision :tongue:

topsecret2JZ
12-18-2005, 01:50 PM
The fog lights came with the car, does he still have the hatch

cttdid666
12-18-2005, 02:10 PM
do you want to sell??

topsecret2JZ
12-18-2005, 02:41 PM
maybe pm me what you think it is worth and how much you would give me for it

JDMBeau
12-18-2005, 04:14 PM
The fog lights came with the car, does he still have the hatch

no he sold it like 2 days after he got it

said he couldnt do anything with that rear 1/4 panel, it looked like shit, and beond repair...no offense

topsecret2JZ
12-18-2005, 04:19 PM
I did'nt repair it it was like that all i did was prime the car black

JDMBeau
12-18-2005, 07:35 PM
yea the primer job wasnt so great

rattle can + no wet sanding of the clear = a PITA

fastasscrx
12-18-2005, 08:05 PM
nice CRX underthe car cover too lol

THATS WHAT I'M SCREAMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hey what happened to the wing?

DaMaGe ZWK
12-19-2005, 07:51 AM
Not sure, it does not look like it has been wrecked, the core support is bent at the bottom, but it did not effect anything, it runs completely fine, drives fine, there are no vibrations, i drive it to work all the time and it is my daily, and nothing has gone wrong with it at all
if it doesnt look like its been wrecked, does that mean you replaced the airbags? cause the drivers side was blown and the pass side was missing...

topsecret2JZ
12-19-2005, 05:31 PM
It's called spray can primer for a peice of shit car that has bodywork that can not be fixed. I really did not car what the primer looked like

topsecret2JZ
12-19-2005, 05:34 PM
I got the airbags for 60 dollars, who cars if it has been wrecked or not he fact is that it runs fine looks fine and drives fine, i just need something with more than 2 seats i am sick of not being able to drive more than one person.

JDMBeau
12-19-2005, 08:23 PM
peice of shit car that has bodywork that can not be fixed.

we'll see ;)

topsecret2JZ
12-19-2005, 08:26 PM
who has it now/

DaMaGe ZWK
12-20-2005, 09:09 AM
most people would care because you lied about it... you said, "not that i know of"... you think that del sols come from the factory with blown airbags?

topsecret2JZ
12-20-2005, 11:21 AM
Fuck you dude you are a fucking Faggot man (did i wreck the car? No so FUCK YOU i did not know for sure if it was wrecked, I took the airbags out of one of my cars and sold them because i don't need them so does that mean that i wrecked the car? The car was missing an airbag when i got it the other was blown, people on IA are so fucking annoying, seriously, i am trying to get a five seater no one asked your opinion on the car so go suck a dick man) Who cares anyway if somone really wanted to know what happened to it they would carfax it) Thank you bye bye then...

DaMaGe ZWK
12-20-2005, 11:38 AM
how am i the faggot when you are lying to someone about a car being wrecked? that makes a lot of sense... If you want to have a good seller rating and be able to sell a lot of cars on here then you need to be truthfull about things... you may not have asked for my opinion but all the people that are thinking about buying this car may need my opinion...

A.P. Photography
12-20-2005, 11:47 AM
OK enough with the pissing contest. Yes you need to disclose that the car was wrecked at one point in time if you know about it. I can understand if you don't but it is rare that someone will buy a car and not find out the history of the car before they sink money into it. What does the title say? Still good? If someone wants to really find out the history they can run a carfax although it is not 100% fool proof.

As of now the pissing contest is over, period!

topsecret2JZ
12-20-2005, 01:17 PM
The title is clear it is not salvaged, and i did not buy the car a traded a car for it so i did'nt rell know much about it ya know what i mean

JDMBeau
12-20-2005, 02:18 PM
you had to know about it cause you had to see cival -ludes thread on here which he did the same as you, title was clean so he didnt say anything about the wreck. he didnt wreck it and people jumped his ass for it cause they all knew it was, he just bought it and fixed it to re sale it. and also the front radiator support is pretty bent up, and the hood has a dent towards the front. i know cause i was looking at it, plus he is a good friend of mine. get your shit straight if you gonna make up lies at least make sure they are good ones k

DaMaGe ZWK
12-20-2005, 02:20 PM
and the biggest thing is that you knew it had been wrecked cause you had to replace the damn airbags.... it doesnt take much to know about it being wrecked when you gotta damn steering wheel with a slit in it...

SixSquared
12-20-2005, 02:22 PM
that car has been to hell and back... good luck dude.

RutRoe
12-20-2005, 03:42 PM
This IS BULLSHIT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!11

You know how I know you're lying about not knowing wether or not it's been wrecked? Cause I know you are smarter than that and I know you asked the same questions or saw the same threads at the other people.

And when I say I know you are smarter, i mean, you, personally. You've had too many cars and too many project to not know this had been pretty much totalled...as a matter of fact, most of the people that troll this section know of that car...

I'm locking this thread, just like I locked the last one when the other guy wasn't honest about it.

And I guess if you don't like it, you can make a new thread being honest about the car and its history, or you can just not make one at all.

Rut

RutRoe
12-21-2005, 05:19 PM
Well after a super pm, I decided to open this thread again...here's the pm I got if you're curious why I wanted to open it back up'

Private Message: Your Dumb
Today, 05:31 PM
topsecret2JZ
shit Join Date: May 2005

Your Dumb

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If the car was totaled then how would i drive it everyday man. I have put no money into that car at all, and it has driven fine it does not look totalled so whatever man you are cool.. Call me a liar again and me and you are gonna have a problem, the kid i got it from said it was in a little fender bender so, that is all i know. And yeah i have had a lot of projects this is one of the ones that has not look fucked up. The only thing that made it look wrecked when i got it was the no airbags and the fact that the front bumper was not painted that is it. And i was told that all that was wrong with it was that the front bumper had to be replaced. All i am saying is that i try to be cool with people on here but when people are calling me a liar and shit that just is not gonna fly man.

To which I was more than happy to write....

Well let me be clear Mr. I'll PM you and be a dick.

I never said you were a LIAR, but I said you weren't telling the whole truth. I know you're a smart guy and I know you know about cars, so that's why I said I think you should have known better.

I'll search and find the pics, but the car was basically totalled, the guy who owned it just didn't have full coverage, so he sold it.

Do me a favor though, seriously. I've given you mroe than enough credit in the past, and if you'll be legit about this car, we'll be cool. But dont ever be such a low life as to pm me and threaten me with some bullshit.

That's just stupid. So don't do that crap.

So your wish came true, the thread is open... go for it dude.

quickdodgeŽ
12-21-2005, 05:28 PM
Private Message: Your Dumb
Today, 05:31 PM
topsecret2JZ
shit Join Date: May 2005

Your Dumb

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Call me a liar again and me and you are gonna have a problem,

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahaha ha! What the fucc? Is he gonna start another post if you call him a liar? That's funny shit right there. Later, QD.

A.P. Photography
12-21-2005, 05:38 PM
The car might not have been totaled but it did take one heck of a hit. This is something that is evident in you saying that the air bags were deployed, new front bumper, and the core support was bent. You could have clearly stated that "at some point the car was wrecked but it has a clear title and has been repaired to near original condition" and everything would have been cool.

You can have a car that is totaled and still drive it after it has been fixed. I have seen countless cars that were done this way, that is why you have to know what to look for. Now you said that you have had several projects so you should know what to look for, not to mention you already stated that their were several things about the car that did not seem right to you when you picked it up. That is a flag right there that you knew something was not right. All we are saying is be honest about the car and we have no problems with you selling it and making back your money.

There is no reason to PM Rut and act like a hardass, it doesn't help your position.

topsecret2JZ
12-21-2005, 08:35 PM
OK guys now that i know for sure it was wrecked and repaired "at some point the car was wrecked but it has a clear title and has been repaired to near original condition" After seeing the pictures i would like everyone to know that i have a 1997 honda del sol, clean title, has been wrecked and repaired, just trying to get something with more than two seats, i want somethign that is a five speed to, thank you for looking sorry about all the bullshit and confusion, sorry RUT, QD, Boosted lude, ZWK, Ga Teg, and whoever else i offended or picked on, i just really need something with five seats and this is all i got to get rid of, thank you everyone for looking and please lets stop the bullshit here i am done fighting over something stupid i was wrong and now the problem should be solved.

SixSquared
12-22-2005, 12:08 AM
I'm not taking sides... I'm just posting pics. Here is what the car was repaired from..

http://www.netcube.org/josh/images/delsol/front1.jpg

http://www.netcube.org/josh/images/delsol/front2.jpg

http://www.netcube.org/josh/images/delsol/front3.jpg

Hefty damage done, but it looks like it was repaired pretty well from the outside pics.

--edit-- and just as a note in case anyone wants to say anything, just about EVERY del Sol I know of has duct tape around the front bumper support. From the factory, there's a little piece of tape holding on the styrofoam impact absorber thingie on the support. We upgrade the little piece of tape to a ring of duct tape because for some reason del Sol owners have their front bumpers on and off a whole whole lot.. :D

B16a2 Civic
12-22-2005, 08:11 AM
hmmm

RutRoe
12-22-2005, 05:38 PM
This guy needs a 5 seater... so lets find him one.

YokotaS13
12-22-2005, 05:42 PM
I'm not taking sides... I'm just posting pics. Here is what the car was repaired from..

http://www.netcube.org/josh/images/delsol/front1.jpg

http://www.netcube.org/josh/images/delsol/front2.jpg

http://www.netcube.org/josh/images/delsol/front3.jpg

Hefty damage done, but it looks like it was repaired pretty well from the outside pics.

--edit-- and just as a note in case anyone wants to say anything, just about EVERY del Sol I know of has duct tape around the front bumper support. From the factory, there's a little piece of tape holding on the styrofoam impact absorber thingie on the support. We upgrade the little piece of tape to a ring of duct tape because for some reason del Sol owners have their front bumpers on and off a whole whole lot.. :D
i just took out the styrofoam. i always have on all cars lol

fastasscrx
12-22-2005, 07:55 PM
HEY, Got a 96 GMC Suburban!! But dont want a trade. Just give me an even 6k for it, and you can come and get it!!!!