PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods Building Too Much Boost?

Seymour222
12-18-2005, 03:08 AM
It is cold outside and from time to time a car can build an extra pound or two of boost because of the cold weather, correct? But can a vehicle build eleven pounds of extra boost because of the weather? My novice instincts tell me no. However my boost guage is certainly reading twenty pounds. One thing I noticed is that the wastegates are dumping hardcore, and it almost sounds like they are popping open before I shift, I would guess due to boost (9lb springs, I have 2 evos if you are wondering why springs is plural). My air/fuel is reading a tad richer when in the powerband (normally about 12.2 down to 11.0)and the car is feeling fast as shit. No kidding it is feeling like a friggin rocket, definitely not the same. It is spinning like crazy in Fourth, this is new to me.(Don't ask how this is possible, it just is) Unless someone is playing a joke on me or just F'in with me is it possible that the AEM automatically compensates fuel in the boost reference table proportionally to run a safe amount of fuel and retard the timing all in one package?

Seymour222
12-18-2005, 11:42 AM
I think I have figured it out, If a vacuum line comes off of the wastegate, can you bypass the wastegate?

1439/2000
12-18-2005, 11:45 AM
lol. You wont run 11 extra pounds because of the weather.

You did however run an open wastegate if the lines came off which means nothing is controlling boost.

Hope you didnt damage the motor. Were you hitting fuel cut?

Seymour222
12-18-2005, 02:09 PM
Nope, that's exactly what happened. Nothing was controlling boost. My copper t's in between the wastegates came unattached. Exactly what it was. As far as I know the motor was not damaged and there was enough fuel to support the boost,..I guess, it did not lean out at all, it goes rich. The motor should be able to easily hold 20 lbs of boost, tuned correctly. Gracias.

HiPSI
12-19-2005, 09:47 AM
I think I have figured it out, If a vacuum line comes off of the wastegate, can you bypass the wastegate?

if a vacuum line comes off the wastegate then you don't bypass the wastegate, it just doesn't open.

BTEC
12-19-2005, 09:51 AM
if a vacuum line comes off the wastegate then you don't bypass the wastegate, it just doesn't open.
i think he meant by pass as in it wont open. he dnt know nun bout cars, rookie.

BTEC
12-19-2005, 09:53 AM
this is the dude i was takling about who i gave my car to.

had a s2000 for a few months but i gave it to some dude bc he missed his. now he beats it everywhere he goes like its a race car or something. uve prolly seen it or you will see it around. he put a black hood and trunk on it but the car is red. i guess it looks alright. i think he wrecked it bc the radiator is kinda leaning back towards the mtr. i told him it was faster than the truck he use to drive but damn. oh well thats my story. NEXT!!!!!

silviadriftr
12-19-2005, 10:49 AM
this is the dude i was takling about who i gave my car to.

had a s2000 for a few months but i gave it to some dude bc he missed his. now he beats it everywhere he goes like its a race car or something. uve prolly seen it or you will see it around. he put a black hood and trunk on it but the car is red. i guess it looks alright. i think he wrecked it bc the radiator is kinda leaning back towards the mtr. i told him it was faster than the truck he use to drive but damn. oh well thats my story. NEXT!!!!!

It's not fast now!!! You need to call the shop!!!!!!!! :burnout:

BTEC
12-19-2005, 10:52 AM
It's not fast now!!! You need to call the shop!!!!!!!! :burnout:
he called me yesterday. Some crazy chit!! u said call the shop. lol!!

silviadriftr
12-19-2005, 11:09 AM
he called me yesterday. Some crazy chit!! u said call the shop. lol!!

Let's just say the resevoir looks like a hand grenade was dropped in it!!!!!!!! :surrender

BTEC
12-19-2005, 11:14 AM
Let's just say the resevoir looks like a hand grenade was dropped in it!!!!!!!! :surrender
wish i had a hi-flow water pump like that. lol!!!

silviadriftr
12-19-2005, 11:16 AM
wish i had a hi-flow water pump like that. lol!!!

You do but the head gasket would normally block it from putting pressure on the water pump!!!!! :doh:

Seymour222
12-19-2005, 12:34 PM
Grenade indeed. Shit.

BTEC
12-19-2005, 12:36 PM
Grenade indeed. Shit.
yeah, this banana and sparklers outta get r warmed up real quick. BOOM!!!!

Seymour222
12-19-2005, 12:56 PM
I need to call the Shop?

silviadriftr
12-19-2005, 02:04 PM
I need to call the Shop?

I thought you had already talked to Dave. Yes, give him a call.

Vteckidd
12-20-2005, 01:08 PM
banarchy.com

Seymour222
12-20-2005, 04:54 PM
Precisley.

BTEC
12-20-2005, 04:56 PM
Precisley.
i just called u monkey man, GET A MFing phon case jackass!!