PDA

View Full Version : a few gsx q's

efman
12-18-2005, 12:52 AM
i am looking at gsx's but am wondering how reliable the all wheel drive system is and what breaks most on it ? oh also how much boost can the motor handle ? thanks for any input !

1439/2000
12-18-2005, 01:22 AM
i am looking at gsx's but am wondering how reliable the all wheel drive system is and what breaks most on it ? oh also how much boost can the motor handle ? thanks for any input !

A few mistakes in your post.

Don't buy a car you don't know anything about.

Questions like how much boost it can handle are awesome. Thats relative to condition of the motor, the turbo on it, and supporting mods; so for someone to give you a number would be dumb.

Questions like is a DSM AWD drivetrain reliable are awesome to because you contradict yourself. You said you were looking into GSX's. If you were looking for more than 7 seconds youd have the answer to that one.

My car is AWD Turbo, and is reliable but it was meticulously maintained.

Actually do your research if you are serious about buying one of these or you'll end up with a headache.

efman
12-18-2005, 09:23 AM
ya well i did look at a few dsm websites nobody said how much boost they run stock or anything to deal with that, and with the awd stuff i have heard people say they are good and only wear out axels and others say they break alot. so really everything i've looked at contradicted each other. so being confused i was looking for clearity but sense you seem to be a fucktard either help a noob out or fuck off !

boostdgalant
12-18-2005, 09:34 AM
the stock block will handel a little over 20 psi. on the stock turbo and fuel system the most would be 15 to 16 psi. As far as the trannys they seem to be good, if you do happen to blow it up you can get one for 300 to 400 bucks. I would recomend if your planing to do alot of performance work to it change out the cultch.

efman
12-18-2005, 10:21 AM
thanks

SilverJester
12-18-2005, 04:58 PM
hmm I can't decide if I wanna be sarcastic or serious...oh well here goes..

A few mistakes in your post.

Questions like how much boost it can handle are awesome. Thats relative to condition of the motor, the turbo on it, and supporting mods; so for someone to give you a number would be dumb.[/QOUTE]
It can handle 58.8 psi... ;)

[QUOTE=efman]ya well i did look at a few dsm websites nobody said how much boost they run stock or anything to deal with that, and with the awd stuff i have heard people say they are good and only wear out axels and others say they break alot. so really everything i've looked at contradicted each other. so being confused i was looking for clearity but sense you seem to be a fucktard either help a noob out or fuck off !
Research is key here. I don't believe you actually researched this stuff, because questions like stock boost are easily found. And whoever told you they wear out axels is an idoit and obviously never really owned an awd dsm. But to answer your questions, a stock turbo dsm runs about 11/12 psi (some a little more, other a little less).

the stock block will handel a little over 20 psi. on the stock turbo and fuel system the most would be 15 to 16 psi. As far as the trannys they seem to be good, if you do happen to blow it up you can get one for 300 to 400 bucks. I would recomend if your planing to do alot of performance work to it change out the cultch.
^^don't listen to this.

1439/2000
12-18-2005, 07:17 PM
ya well i did look at a few dsm websites nobody said how much boost they run stock or anything to deal with that, and with the awd stuff i have heard people say they are good and only wear out axels and others say they break alot. so really everything i've looked at contradicted each other. so being confused i was looking for clearity but sense you seem to be a fucktard either help a noob out or fuck off !

Yeah I'm a fucktard.

Let me know when you get your piece.

Run 30 pounds on your stock motor and super reliable transmission and launch at 7 grand. You should be able to take me.

Stick to Hondas.