PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods Motor Disassembly

static
12-17-2005, 12:22 PM
What are the price ranges for replacing a head gasket on a gsr motor integra.

static
12-17-2005, 12:30 PM
replace a headgasket for less than $1,000?????? lol, boy I would edit this post before someone else sees it and takes you up on that for 900 or so. wow. Call Mainstream performance or PM Vteckidd, they can do it for significantly lower than 1,000 and you will have plenty to do some performance stuff while they're at it.

You serious? That includes taking it to the machine shop?

static
12-17-2005, 12:33 PM
replace a headgasket for less than $1,000?????? lol, boy I would edit this post before someone else sees it and takes you up on that for 900 or so. wow. Call Mainstream performance or PM Vteckidd, they can do it for significantly lower than 1,000 and you will have plenty to do some performance stuff while they're at it.

Thanks.

99SI
12-17-2005, 12:49 PM
no problem. If you need machine work, as in you ran the car hot and blew a head gasket and want it resurfaced to make sure it's not warped, that's not that expensive to have done. It's pretty straight forward machining, it's not like a hand ported head or anything, they just throw it on a machine and put in the parameters and skim a little off the top. That will give you a little boost in compression in itself which will give a little bit of a performance boost. Just talk to Mainstream and they'll take care of you and leave a little money in your pocket!

static
12-17-2005, 12:52 PM
no problem. If you need machine work, as in you ran the car hot and blew a head gasket and want it resurfaced to make sure it's not warped, that's not that expensive to have done. It's pretty straight forward machining, it's not like a hand ported head or anything, they just throw it on a machine and put in the parameters and skim a little off the top. That will give you a little boost in compression in itself which will give a little bit of a performance boost. Just talk to Mainstream and they'll take care of you and leave a little money in your pocket!

Ya it was fucked up when I bought it, leaking some oil. Undoubtedly the radiator wasn't working right and it fried the hg pretty good. Within 1 week the distributor cap and radiator had to be replaced. I have too much trust when it comes to what people say, so I had bad problems when I bought it.

93H22ACX
12-17-2005, 02:21 PM
the machine work is not too expensive. the expensive part is removing the motor and disassbling it. If the head gasket blew due to over heating its a good chance the block is out of tolerance also, meaning the block is likely to be warped.

its best to take it to shop or if you know how, check for straightness on the block and head.

Vteckidd
12-17-2005, 02:32 PM
the machine work is not too expensive. the expensive part is removing the motor and disassbling it. If the head gasket blew due to over heating its a good chance the block is out of tolerance also, meaning the block is likely to be warped.

its best to take it to shop or if you know how, check for straightness on the block and head.
Bee is right. You can do a headgasket, surafce, for well under $1000. I pmed him a quote. but it really depends on how bad it was overheated, if the block is warped, then there are NO gurantees, as the only way to fix it is pull the motor.

But you know for sure until its taken off.