PDA

View Full Version : Misc Syriana?????

99SI
12-16-2005, 03:03 PM
Has anyone seen Syriana? I am thinking of going to see it for a family outing and my girlfriend thinks for some reason that it is trying to be a bush bashing by the underlying message. I know some of you have to have seen it so some of your thoughts and opinions about the movie would be appreciated.

The Golden Child
12-16-2005, 03:16 PM
i have and its pretty cool the 2 grls r hot when there older ..

Hulud
12-18-2005, 11:31 AM
i havent seen it but i want to

4dmin
01-01-2006, 03:36 PM
i saw it... kinda hard to follow at times, its alot of back n forth with you figuring out what is the point of the film, movie really starts to come together in the last 30mins showing you alot of the underlining political gestures throughout the film.

it was good, but after you reach the end of the film, i spent the majority of the time trying to figure out the ties of everything. my wife was bored to death. i give it 3/5

Hulud
01-01-2006, 11:19 PM
4.5/5
i love movies that make you think
it has to be one of my favs ive seen in a theatre in a while

it really says something about a movie when after it ends there is dead silence in the theatre, no one said a word

4dmin
01-01-2006, 11:26 PM
^ that is true, i enjoyed it i just wish it was alittle more clear w/ its message...

Hulud
01-01-2006, 11:52 PM
^ that is true, i enjoyed it i just wish it was alittle more clear w/ its message...
yea but thats what i like about it, there are many ways to interpret (sp?) the meaning.
i mean i was sitting there watching it thinking damn i dont want this movie to end

lilmanx01
01-12-2006, 07:01 AM
i thought it was an amazing movie. but of course im also muslim -- but aslong as you can follow it and you like movies about shit like that i dont see why you wouldnt enjoy it either

RiceBoy
01-12-2006, 11:08 AM
I almost fall asleep...:(

99SI
01-12-2006, 03:07 PM
Anything that you guys would compare it to? I know that I've seen quite a few movies that had you thinking and guessing throughout. Is it an organized thinking or does it jump around at random and not tie everything together? It seems from what Admin said that it does a decent job of answering some of the questions/ties that aren't obvious. Or does it leave you to your own to determine how people/relationships/agendas end up? I will end up watching it. I just think that some of you have some more that you could discuss and would like to discuss. It seemed like a very relavent movie to our times. Again, I tend to lean more toward a democratic way of thinking while my significant other is a republican all the way. lol. I told her that from what I gathered it was more of a representation of something that could truly go on than an anti-bush propaganda movie. Was there anything that you felt skewed the movie from a political perspective? Thanks again, I just feel like this movie could provoke some interesting discussion.