PDA

View Full Version : okay, where to next? Cell phone company wise...

AznTraitor
12-16-2005, 01:49 PM
Jan 6th cannot come any sooner. My 2 year contract with Sprint finally ends, and I cannot wait. My only real big complaint with Sprint is....they suck in Columbus. Anywhere on campus there are "dead spots", you are lucky if you catch signal on base, it's like if the wind blows, you just might get service, and it doesnt even work at my house 90% of the time.

The big ones here in Columbus that have been working really well are

T-Mobile
Cingular
Alltel
Verizon

I dont think I am going to try Alltel or Verizon....so really it's down to T-Mobile or Cingular....

who has what and what problems have you had if any with customer service and service.....

I'm ready to get a neato phone again, because sprint kinda lacked in that dept.

Halfwit
12-16-2005, 01:50 PM
cingular? has best service. i think. everytime nobody has service, i do.

Halfwit
12-16-2005, 01:50 PM
cingular has nice phones also.

The Ren
12-16-2005, 01:52 PM
I had alot of problems with cigular (this is just my opinion) They screwed me on trying to get out of my contract and they were just rude to me on the phone.. I have been very happy with verizon..

rolling_trip
12-16-2005, 01:53 PM
another for verizon here, there service area has been great compared to nextel

A.P. Photography
12-16-2005, 01:53 PM
I have cingular and have never had a problem with them. Coverage is pretty good also and you can get rollover.

chrisdavis
12-16-2005, 01:54 PM
Verizon

Halfwit
12-16-2005, 01:54 PM
I have cingular and have never had a problem with them. Coverage is pretty good also and you can get rollover.

rollover rules!!

Spyder
12-16-2005, 01:55 PM
I have had them all.. I have T-Mobile now.. when i loved in columbus I had Cingular.. it worked well and that was 4 years ago or so.. it even better now im sure. :)

AznTraitor
12-16-2005, 01:56 PM
I have already been with T-mobile (powertel in my days) and Nextel....

I'm not going back to Nextel because Sprint and Nextel are one in the same and Sprint customer service and tech support have gotten on my last nerves and refuse to do business with anything related to Sprint.

Brett
12-16-2005, 01:57 PM
We have T-Mobile and we have had no issues with them and they have great customer service as well

AznTraitor
when i loved in columbus

hey assclown, I didnt ask about your love life! I'm talking about Cellphones!

I swear, everytime we get to talking your mind goes right to the gutter.

NzProjeKt
Cingular.

AznTraitor
12-16-2005, 01:58 PM
how's everyone like the RAZR? I heard it was a love or hate'em kinda thing...

I know Carkuff (boosted1jz) hates his, and I think he's been thru 2 or 3 already?

Brett
12-16-2005, 02:00 PM
I have had no issues with my RAZR, I love it. Has a little shorter battery life but thats it. Leisa just got the Magenta color one T-Mobile sells and he loves hers also.

The Ren
12-16-2005, 02:00 PM
Ive heard also the love em hate em thing

Trouble300zx
12-16-2005, 02:01 PM
Cingular..... got screwed big time by Verizon, including them allowing my ex-fiance to purchase two more phones on my bill w/o notifying me...... Cingular all the way....

kelly marie
12-16-2005, 02:01 PM
i love cingular.. they are great but verizon is good too!!

AznTraitor
12-16-2005, 02:07 PM
i love cingular.. they are great but verizon is good too!!

lol.....that's like saying, Ford is great! so is Cheverolet! hahaha...thanks for helping.

kelly marie
12-16-2005, 02:15 PM
lol sowwy.. ive had both.. but i like the rollover with cingular.. hahahah i have like 4k minutes almost

AznTraitor
12-16-2005, 02:18 PM
lol sowwy.. ive had both.. but i like the rollover with cingular.. hahahah i have like 4k minutes almost

it's cool...I just thought it was funny.

damn, people with T-Mobile, have you seen the PEBL phone? pretty damn nice! I want a RAZR beacuse they are so small....but the PEBL looks sweet.

AznTraitor
12-16-2005, 02:20 PM
oh shit, does Cingular use the SIM cards like T-Mobile?

man, I can have like multiple phones!

Spyder
12-16-2005, 02:20 PM
hey assclown, I didnt ask about your love life! I'm talking about Cellphones!

I swear, everytime we get to talking your mind goes right to the gutter.

:lmfao: I had to arrange alot of phone sex, damn you caught me lol.

HiPSI
12-16-2005, 02:22 PM
how's everyone like the RAZR? I heard it was a love or hate'em kinda thing...

I know Carkuff (boosted1jz) hates his, and I think he's been thru 2 or 3 already?

it's a POS... you will break it with ease. you should get something a little tougher like this
http://www.oaktreeent.com/web_photos/Telephones/US-West_Old-School_Cell_Phone_Vert_Tan_web.jpg

or better yet, if you want great service in columbus this is your ticket. i hear all the other kids are getting them
http://www.privateline.com/war/Motorolabagbig.jpg

speedminded
12-16-2005, 02:22 PM
fuck t-mobile...tried to add a line last week and they wanted $500!

..so I'm sure glad i had a bunch of rollover saved up with cingular or i'd be screwed this month!

HiPSI
12-16-2005, 02:23 PM
I want a RAZR beacuse they are so small....

razr's are wide/tall to make up for the thin look ;).

and yes cingular uses GSM so you can carry 15 phones to look cool and only actually have one active line.

AznTraitor
12-16-2005, 02:24 PM
it's a POS... you will break it with ease. you should get something a little tougher like this
http://www.oaktreeent.com/web_photos/Telephones/US-West_Old-School_Cell_Phone_Vert_Tan_web.jpg

or better yet, if you want great service in columbus this is your ticket. i hear all the other kids are getting them

sounds like you are itching for some of this....

http://www.eriding.net/media/photos/ict/040929_rfoster_mp_ict_remote_controls.jpg

let me know when you are ready.

AznTraitor
12-16-2005, 02:25 PM
razr's are wide/tall to make up for the thin look ;).

and yes cingular uses GSM so you can carry 15 phones to look cool and only actually have one active line.

sounds like someone is hatin.

You know it's true....you hate sprint too ;)

speedminded
12-16-2005, 02:27 PM
sounds like someone is hatin.

You know it's true....you hate sprint too ;)cingular has the razor too... hey erin, when does the broadband come out with cingular? Is it this month?

chrisdavis
LOL I had one of those bag phones

AznTraitor
cingular has the razor too... hey erin, when does the broadband come out with cingular? Is it this month?

askin the wrong guy....he jumped ship and ran over to Sprint.

HiPSI
12-16-2005, 02:28 PM
cingular has the razor too... hey erin, when does the broadband come out with cingular? Is it this month?

i dunno... i don't work there anymore ;)

Brett
12-16-2005, 02:30 PM

Erin we were telling the kids about these phones a few days ago, trying to explain how cell phones looked when they first came out...lol

speedminded
12-16-2005, 02:30 PM
askin the wrong guy....he jumped ship and ran over to Sprint.

i dunno... i don't work there anymore ;)ohh, traitor!

speedminded
12-16-2005, 02:31 PM
Erin we were telling the kids about these phones a few days ago, trying to explain how cell phones looked when they first came out...lollol, the bricks and bags :D I had the first motorola flip...with the big ass battery.

AznTraitor
12-16-2005, 02:31 PM
ohh, traitor!

my thoughts exactly.

Brett
12-16-2005, 02:35 PM
lol, the bricks and bags :D I had the first motorola flip...with the big ass battery.

Yeah my mon did to, The 1996 Olympic Edition when they came out back then...LOL and that was the shit back then

Spyder
12-16-2005, 02:38 PM
My uncle out in washington state STILL uses one of those old ass brick phones. He can recieve signal no matter where he is because they use old technology and have a 5 mw transmitter instead of the now regulated 3. The first time i saw it i thought it was a joke lol.

Kevykev
12-16-2005, 02:42 PM
Sucks that sprints sucks out there. They work on developing service in dead areas all you have to do is request dropped call credits in the problem area and they will work on it. (doubt you will do that though lol)

I guess go with cingular if you have to make moves quickly.

speedminded
12-16-2005, 02:51 PM
Yeah my mon did to, The 1996 Olympic Edition when they came out back then...LOL and that was the shit back thenhell yeah it was, then the startac came out....my god that thing was like a little bug! then i got the PDA attachement for the startac (connects to the back) and i was the shit, lol :rolleyes: i took two startacs with me into a jacuzzi (two seperate times)...then got a POS nokia...then have had motorolas since...but now i'm obsessed with Sony's works of art.

The Golden Child
12-16-2005, 02:52 PM
i have metro but service doesnt work when i go back to nyc to visit family and friends.

ironchef
12-16-2005, 02:55 PM
I got tmobile and a razr and i cant complain at all. Sometimes i dont get signal in some specific areas, but otherwise its covered pretty well. And the razr i like, just wish it had a better camera, and the software was less laggy. I think i'll be upgrading to the pebl once its out.

SOHC MONSTER
12-16-2005, 03:32 PM
i have cingular and have had 0 problems. rollover owns!!

SOHC MONSTER
12-16-2005, 03:38 PM
just ask this guy, he seems to like his coverage :lmfao: :lmfao:

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b246/rbrandon383/oldmanphone.png