PDA

View Full Version : Tuning Stereo?

speedminded
12-16-2005, 09:51 AM
Running an Alpine head unit with Infiniti speakers. Relatively decent sound but I'm not sure about tuning for the differant bass & treble frequencies (built in equilizer)...is there a "baseline" for differant styles of music or what?

I threw a box in last night too, have had it for over a year and just now getting it into my car for the first time...Single 12" Qlogic bandpass with a Pioneer driver, nothing special..i think 180rms and pushing it with a 700 watt Pioneer amp. I screwed the amp to the box and made it semi-portable and previously had it all connected to the home stereo for gaming on the PS2 powering it with a 120v to 12v inverter from Fry's ($30) Anyways, I was bored last night so in 45 minutes i ran the power through the firewall and hooked everything up in the car and now it hits a "little" but really wanna get it sounding a better overall...

turbosx©
12-18-2005, 07:11 PM
use an high-pass filter for the car speakers and use the sub as only bass it will sound alot cleaner.i have the same setup alpine head unit and infinite speakers

I-MediaPro
12-21-2005, 12:33 PM
Putting a hipass xover on the interior will clean thoes up. We recomend going to a vented box. It will give you better overall sound out of the sub, compared to the limited frequency range of the bandpass box. Fianally retune the amp to get the most out of the amp. By the way is it a single or dual voice coil sub and are you bridging the 2 ch amp or running the sub off of one channel ?