PDA

View Full Version : Good morning IA! Warning to all you people that drive in the AM.

Nemesis
12-16-2005, 05:54 AM
Happy Friday to everyone out there.

I was going to leave early for work, but everyone on the news is saying its one of the worst traffic days in history out there. So many wrecks caused by black ice that they cant report all of them. :eek:

Oh well, hopefully I dont hit anything in the morning. The poor rental Focus cant take it.

Pher
12-16-2005, 06:09 AM
Thanks for the heads up man. Messaged passed along to the poor soul thats having to leave for work right now... Ahh, back to bed for me.

Ex_Vtec_Girl
12-16-2005, 07:01 AM
it looks like i'll be going into work a little later...somebody just left here & called from the front of my apartment complex & said they got sideways just trying to pull out & that everybody is doing about 10 mph. if it was just me in the car, i'd be alright, but i'll have my daughter with me so i'm not going to risk it. besides, it'll take me 3 hours to get there if everybody is driving so slow! back to bed for me too :D

Casey
12-16-2005, 07:28 AM
candy asses. it is not that bad.

A.P. Photography
12-16-2005, 07:40 AM
got a little sideways action in the apartments but once I was on the main roads it was fine.

Rican219
12-16-2005, 07:42 AM
:rly: Should be fun!!

Casey
12-16-2005, 07:51 AM
lots of fun.:goodjob:

Nemesis
12-16-2005, 08:18 AM
candy asses. it is not that bad.

Yeah, tell that to my buddy that called and said he just slammed his car in a retaining wall.

aaronfelipe
12-16-2005, 08:19 AM
Yea. losta ice.... I drove 2 miles to school and spun out alot. The parking lot was still iced over...I could feel y shoes wnting to come from under me.

Casey
12-16-2005, 08:21 AM
Yeah, tell that to my buddy that called and said he just slammed his car in a retaining wall.

it is called being carefull. All the wrecks I saw on the way in this morning could have been avoided had the driver known how to drive on ice.(something most people in atlanta cannot do)

HiPSI
12-16-2005, 08:23 AM
i wasn't having any trouble, i had a lot of fun on the way in :).

Casey
12-16-2005, 08:24 AM
i wasn't having any trouble, i had a lot of fun on the way in :).

I'm with ya on that 4hi and corners is fun

SquishyC
12-16-2005, 08:25 AM
The first time I left for work it was at 6:00 and turned around when I saw all the accidents. I-285 was closed. The second time I left at 8:00 and I just got to work...came from Buford to the perimeter....it wasnt to bad...just everyone driving slow.

HiPSI
12-16-2005, 08:26 AM
I'm with ya on that 4hi and corners is fun

poontang, i didn't need no stinkin 4hi ;). drift action all the way to work.

Darling Nikki
12-16-2005, 08:26 AM
lol no offense to my southern buddies, but damn its just a lil ice....I was stuck behind some guy in a mustang and he was going over lil peices of ice slamming on his brakes...i mean wtf is wrong with people. I dunno I am used to ice and snow.

Casey
12-16-2005, 08:29 AM
poontang, i didn't need no stinkin 4hi ;). drift action all the way to work.

I was playing with a Jeep on one of the backroads in 4hi the majority of the time it was 2wd and sideways.

Casey
12-16-2005, 08:31 AM
lol no offense to my southern buddies, but damn its just a lil ice....I was stuck behind some guy in a mustang and he was going over lil peices of ice slamming on his brakes...i mean wtf is wrong with people. I dunno I am used to ice and snow.

It is Atlanta, rain, sleet, snow and ice everyone forgets how to drive and freak. I was born and raised here and dont have a problem with any of it. Hell I love driving on ice and snow.

Darling Nikki
12-16-2005, 08:37 AM
same here buddy..I love driving in it...i miss it actually. The only thing that I don't miss is all the salt going underneath my car and rusting out everything. That shit was nasty as hell.

Nemesis
12-16-2005, 08:37 AM
Yeah, so anyways. Happy Friday everyone! Took me an hour and 45 minutes to get to work lol

Brett
12-16-2005, 08:41 AM
I am from Miami and it amazes me how you all over react about this ice shit...LOL. Just drive careful and thats all, why do people have to freak about this shit every year?

Casey
12-16-2005, 08:44 AM
I am from Miami and it amazes me how you all over react about this ice shit...LOL. Just drive careful and thats all, why do people have to freak about this shit every year?

Brett it is Georgia tradition to freak out, go buy the stores out of milk, bread and eggs. It has to be done!!!

Nemesis
12-16-2005, 08:45 AM
Ive got my boxes of MRE's to get ready for winter.

just kidding.

Darling Nikki
12-16-2005, 08:46 AM

BC people are just stupid as hell. AHHHHHHH freak out...so retarded...I just drove passed all of them today.

kelly marie
12-16-2005, 08:56 AM
lol morning people.. just got here.. it was very icy...

i was crossing chastain (a bridge over 575) and it was coved in ice.. well three people hit eachother.. i had a lil sideways action in the 'terra and the truck behind me spun out... mind you we were only going 6 mph... but its just funny how people freak out.. i grew up in MD and am somewhat experienced in driving in snow but i hate ice..

but still people BE CAUTIOUS!!! ;)

Boosted S60R
12-16-2005, 08:59 AM
Good Morning and Thanks for the warning.

HiPSI
12-16-2005, 09:05 AM
Brett it is Georgia tradition to freak out, go buy the stores out of milk, bread and eggs. It has to be done!!!

well i had to go buy firewood, since we didn't get power back until late last night. i tried to get some food since i didn't want to cook in the dark, but god hates me so the power went out as i was trying to pay for my food :(.

gijoe0720
12-16-2005, 09:08 AM
lol morning people.. just got here.. it was very icy...

i was crossing chastain (a bridge over 575) and it was coved in ice.. well three people hit eachother.. i had a lil sideways action in the 'terra and the truck behind me spun out... mind you we were only going 6 mph... but its just funny how people freak out.. i grew up in MD and am somewhat experienced in driving in snow but i hate ice..

but still people BE CAUTIOUS!!! ;)

I was in my moms xterra this mornin and was havin some fun in the ice. we did a little bit of drift action. well actually alot. like 30 minutes worth

The Ren
12-16-2005, 09:09 AM
Hopefully the ice will be mostly melted in an hour when i head out

Casey
12-16-2005, 09:09 AM
well i had to go buy firewood, since we didn't get power back until late last night. i tried to get some food since i didn't want to cook in the dark, but god hates me so the power went out as i was trying to pay for my food :(.

that does not count, that is to stay warm. But the rush on bread and milk that is another story. The only thing I go out to get is beer if I am gonna be held in for a day or so.

Nemesis
12-16-2005, 09:11 AM
Hopefully the ice will be mostly melted in an hour when i head out

It should be. When I was pulling up the N.Druid exit this morning, i saw puddles rather than ice slicks.

ironchef
12-16-2005, 10:39 AM
Aww crap, i should have woken up earlier and went for a little drifting action, but all the ice is now gone :(.

kelly marie
12-16-2005, 10:41 AM
I was in my moms xterra this mornin and was havin some fun in the ice. we did a little bit of drift action. well actually alot. like 30 minutes worthyippie!!! lol that was the first drift my terra has seen..

The Yousef
12-16-2005, 03:53 PM
i just woke up 20 minutes ago...wOOt!!!

JDMBeau
12-16-2005, 04:04 PM
on the way back from barret on 75 north around like lake altoona i think it is, there was a bad wreck that had just happened right before we passed it looked like 2 seperate wrecks, one was a mustang that had hit the ice, and then a jeep that looked like it was spun around.

right as we wee passing we hit the same ice

but walmart parking lot ownz for ice drifting

The Golden Child
12-16-2005, 04:15 PM
daym i wonder how all of you would act if you were living in ny or any states in the north ..
just drive like them old people with your face above the steering wheel and doing 10mph in a 55 zone ..
just drive safe and buckle up its the law .. lol