PDA

View Full Version : Misc Where are the snowboarders??

RUSH
12-16-2005, 01:11 AM
Well, who all Snowboards?

Bballjamal
12-16-2005, 02:14 AM
8yrs now.......

Started in Vermont
Moved to CO and got a ton better on extremely better mountains
Then moved to WA and boarded local mountains and some in British Columbia

What mountains have you done?

civic95
12-16-2005, 07:16 AM
I just started kind of, only been 4 times.

tony
12-16-2005, 07:29 AM
I want to try it out myself, the next time someone plans a trip let me know cause I'd love to try snowboarding.

RUSH
12-16-2005, 08:50 AM
8yrs now.......

Started in Vermont

What mountains have you done?

I have only been to winter park a couple times, which we are going at the end of Febuary, and then one in New hampshire I think its wild cat if Im not mistaken... Going to Snowshoe new years weekend... I go to Cataloochee everyweekend just because its close and you can make a day out of it.....
Wolf laurel is a pretty fun slope that is close, and then you got boone as well!

speedminded
12-16-2005, 01:00 PM
Do a search, there are several Ski/snowboard threads floating around :D Cataloochee is great as long it's during or directly after a snow storm...otherwise it's normally just ice...i had been going to cataloochee for nearly 10 years straight before hitting up Boone...i prefer Sugar Mtn. just because of the size but there are a few others near there that are a little more technical...

8yrs now.......

Started in Vermont

What mountains have you done?:glare: damn you, i wanna go to Whistler/Blackcomb so freakin bad! :rant:

RUSH
12-16-2005, 01:06 PM
They wernt posted in the right forum!

speedminded
12-16-2005, 01:10 PM
They wernt posted in the right forum!In the last few months there's been tons of new forums created...besides, wasn't trying to be an ass, just telling you so the few people that replied don't have to repeat everything again :)

RUSH
12-16-2005, 01:13 PM
In the last few months there's been tons of new forums created...besides, wasn't trying to be an ass, just telling you so the few people that replied don't have to repeat everything again :)

god dude, lay off of me!!lol

Naw, I didnt do a search cause I seen there was nothing in the hobbies forum about it... Plus you cant get enough of boarding!

At least I didnt start another "Post your pic(yourself)" thread...huh?

speedminded
12-16-2005, 01:17 PM
god dude, lay off of me!!lol

Naw, I didnt do a search cause I seen there was nothing in the hobbies forum about it... Plus you cant get enough of boarding!

At least I didnt start another "Post your pic(yourself)" thread...huh?hrmm...how about "post yourself doing a hobby that involves snow and nekked girls thread" eh? :) besides i'm a skier...yeah, one of those f'ers that fly by you at 60mph and spray you with ice :tongue:

RUSH
12-16-2005, 01:29 PM
hrmm...how about "post yourself doing a hobby that involves snow and nekked girls thread" eh? :) besides i'm a skier...yeah, one of those f'ers that fly by you at 60mph and spray you with ice :tongue:

Well I'll tell you this, One of My buddies is an awesome skier, and as of last weekend he is a boarder now... He enjoys it a lot more, and he said screw skiing now.
Have you tried to snowboard yet?

speedminded
12-16-2005, 01:46 PM
Well I'll tell you this, One of My buddies is an awesome skier, and as of last weekend he is a boarder now... He enjoys it a lot more, and he said screw skiing now.
Have you tried to snowboard yet?not seriously tried it yet...i have really bad knees so kinda worried about trying something new even though skiing is alot more dangerous on the knees. i bought my psycho ex a board and boots and everything for christmas last year, took her and a bunch of her friends up and tried it out borrowing someones equipment...first time on one i did the short slope at sugar slaloming all the people without ever touching the snow....NC just isn't steep enough to have fun but i think i'd like it alot more on better snow with bigger runs. My knees have been shot since i was 14-15 otherwise i know I'd be doing rails and halfpipes.

HiPSI
12-16-2005, 01:55 PM
i love boarding :D. sugar/beech are the only places i've been other than the now-closed sky valley (man i miss a 45min drive to have some fun). i want to go next month for sure and get some people to go. i have to make up for only going one time last year :(.

and jason, beech and sugar tend to get icey at night unless there's real snow as well, but sugar seems to be a little better about grooming to keep the ice down though. now they just need one of those high speed lifts like beech :).

speedminded
12-16-2005, 02:00 PM
i love boarding :D. sugar/beech are the only places i've been other than the now-closed sky valley (man i miss a 45min drive to have some fun). i want to go next month for sure and get some people to go. i have to make up for only going one time last year :(.

and jason, beech and sugar tend to get icey at night unless there's real snow as well, but sugar seems to be a little better about grooming to keep the ice down though. now they just need one of those high speed lifts like beech :).i've done 12-15 hours straight at both cataloochee and sugar before (opening to midnight)...nothing like ice being blown at you at 100mph. For some reason i like skiing in snow storms...i love going up the lift and you can't tell if there is even a person on the lift in front or behind you :) then when you get to the top and you can't even see the bottom of the first little drop :D

Subleg4
12-16-2005, 04:55 PM
Im going to cataloochee in the morning :-), First time of the year pretty stoked

Seymour222
12-19-2005, 12:00 PM
Winter park is in Va or W. Va right? I was supposed to go a couple of times. First time got rear-ended by another church van, second time I tore my all to shit like three days before the trip. I ve recovered from the surgery pretty decently and want to go fuh real. I heard sonwboarding is ridiculous. I wanna go.

devinwebb907
12-19-2005, 12:05 PM
I have only been to winter park a couple times, which we are going at the end of Febuary, and then one in New hampshire I think its wild cat if Im not mistaken... Going to Snowshoe new years weekend... I go to Cataloochee everyweekend just because its close and you can make a day out of it.....
Wolf laurel is a pretty fun slope that is close, and then you got boone as well!

ive been to winter park, as a matter of fact i believe thats where i learned how to snowboard(about an hour outside of denver?..or was that winter place? eh i dunno..) ive been snowboarding/skiing all over colorado and west virginia, never been anywhere else though.

RUSH
12-19-2005, 01:22 PM
Winter park is in Colorado, yeah its about an hour outside of Denver
Winter Place and Snowshoe are in West Virginia, Snowshoe is the better slope there

EG BTER
12-20-2005, 04:29 PM
HELL YA...only been 5 times but I love it....Probably goin to Colorado again this year.

RUSH
12-20-2005, 04:59 PM
HELL YA...only been 5 times but I love it....Probably goin to Colorado again this year.

When are you going, cause I'll be going at the end of Febuary...

Going to Snowshoe next weekend for the new year, didnt know if anyone else is gonna be up that way...If so then let me know!

Subleg4
12-20-2005, 07:23 PM
Went to Cataloochee this past Sat., Snow was a lot better than I expected, first time for the year gets a thumbs up.

Heading back up next Monday :-)

Im going out to Colorado at the end of Feb/begining of March, haven't set an exact date yet

Rush what part are you gonig too?

Bballjamal
12-20-2005, 08:39 PM
:glare: damn you, i wanna go to Whistler/Blackcomb so freakin bad! :rant:

Whistler = hands down one of the best mountains I've riden. I was all hung over CO/UT having the best in the continent considering that's where I spent the mojority of my boarding career. HAH, one trip to BC killed that.

RUSH
12-20-2005, 08:44 PM
Went to Cataloochee this past Sat., Snow was a lot better than I expected, first time for the year gets a thumbs up.

Heading back up next Monday :-)

Im going out to Colorado at the end of Feb/begining of March, haven't set an exact date yet

Rush what part are you gonig too?

We are going to winter park, very good slope with an unreal terrain park!

Stormhammer
12-21-2005, 12:50 AM
haha I'm goin to Cataloochee Jan. 7th

snowboarder here - but only on large open slopes. skiing this time

RUSH
12-21-2005, 12:58 AM
haha I'm goin to Cataloochee Jan. 7th

snowboarder here - but only on large open slopes. skiing this time

Im prolly going to the loochee to(the 7th)...I think, either there or gatlinburg, cant remember....One of my buddies and a few others are going, so I figured I would hit it with them, since its there first time!

EG BTER
12-23-2005, 07:42 PM
We are going to winter park, very good slope with an unreal terrain park!

I went there 2 years ago...great mountain...The mountain is named Mary Jane lol and the slopes are named after Alice in Wonderland. When you drive into the city there is a big sign that says Mary Jane Extreme Colorado, lol

RUSH
01-02-2006, 05:03 PM
Went to Snowshoe this past weekend, had a real good time. Had to sleep in the car the first night...not cool, and then Boarded all day(very tired Friday) got a room in a crap whole of a place but it had a bed, so I was good to go then....haha
The Mountain is very nice, three different slopes with in Snowshoe, and all were very nice....I will be back for sure, but the drive sucks, we did find a better way to go on the way back so that helped out!

I will be at Wolf Laurel this Saturday, if anybody is gonna go!

RUSH
01-03-2006, 09:23 PM
Umm, we are going to WinterPlace WV, this weekend instead!