PDA

View Full Version : Track Day during off season..

The Ren
12-15-2005, 01:42 AM
I saw this on SupraForums and I figured some of you might be interested.. if so please PM me and let me know so I can hit this guy up..SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY!!

I have recently become acquainted with Kevin king, owner of year one motorsports here in Braselton where I live. If anyone doesn’t know year one sponsors the fast Friday events of which the season is now over. I am considering trying to put together a track rental and get all makes of cars out there this is feeler to see if I can get enough cars to make it worth both his and my time. This event would also include a tour of the humungous facility which specializes in building old school hotrods. I am a fan of every car and people who love their cars so if you guys would like to do this give me your feed back this message is going to
bimmerforums.com
supraforums.com
corvetteforum.com
m5board.com
g35frenzy.com
ls1tech.com
m3forums
wrxforums
saleen, cobra, and mightymustangs.com,
viperalley,
viperclub.
mbworld.org
streetfire.net
seloc
mach1registry.com
xtremefordsofatlanta.com
peachstateposse.com
z06vette.com
svtperformance.com
forums.evolutionm.net
gadsm.org
evolutionm.net

the event if approved will take place in January or most likely February so those inputs would be welcome as well. If anyone has more forums that may be interested then let me know so they can be included as well. This is an event for people who love cars so leave your egos and prejudices at home. Let's make this a great event for all those in the Atlanta

ct9a gsr
12-15-2005, 01:56 AM
Since they (we) would be renting out the track... can the NDRA rules be ignored for the event? Most specifically the 11.99 or 11.49 et rules?

If so, I may be interested...

purplehazing
12-15-2005, 02:02 AM
hey you should send this to the car make forums it won't hurt to try plus that would hopefully keep the street racing to a minimum:goodjob:

civic95
12-15-2005, 06:45 AM
Try to rent road atlanta instead of commerce.

HiPSI
12-15-2005, 07:07 AM
Try to rent road atlanta instead of commerce.

very cost prohibitive and can't cater to than many people. at commerce literally 100+ cars can participate at a low cost, where as with road atlanta you're looking at wayyyyyyyyy higher cost and maybe 40 cars being able to run the track.

Bishop
12-15-2005, 07:15 AM
very cost prohibitive and can't cater to than many people. at commerce literally 100+ cars can participate at a low cost, where as with road atlanta you're looking at wayyyyyyyyy higher cost and maybe 40 cars being able to run the track.
yeah...but it would be a hell of alot of fun! lol

The Ren
12-15-2005, 09:39 AM
Since they (we) would be renting out the track... can the NDRA rules be ignored for the event? Most specifically the 11.99 or 11.49 et rules?

If so, I may be interested...
Im not sure.. I could ask the guy though

Elbow
12-15-2005, 09:44 AM
road atlanta is very very $$$ to rent, TGP is cheaper or Gainseville in FL for road race stuff.

speedminded
12-15-2005, 10:02 AM
road atlanta is very very $$$ to rent, TGP is cheaper or Gainseville in FL for road race stuff.Road atlanta is in the top 3 i think for most expensive to rent...plus any idea how many people you would need, emergency vehicles, wrecker service, corner workers (it's not scca so they'll prolly wanna get paid, etc.) Much better off with little talledega, Barber, or Roebling Road even though they all aren't quite as fun. Besides, how many Year One vehicles have you seen out on a road course? (besides the grand touring laps at Year One's big event at Road Atlanta) Believe me, i'd much rather spend a couple hundred to run all day on a road course then $20 to run drag for a night...

nightracer
12-15-2005, 10:32 AM
I say go for Road Atlanta, dispite its exclusivity. With you posting it on the kind of forums you just listed, I think you'd be able to come up with a group of people who'd deffinitely pay the cash.

You need track workers, 2 ambulances, inssurance for the type of event and to pay the track rental itself. It gets expensive but I think if yo got a few sponsors and big names involved it could materialize. maybe..

SilverJester
12-15-2005, 10:40 AM
I'm always up for a day of drag racing. But you should post this in one of the car forums, not the WL. Maybe "drag and brag" or "kills"

devinwebb907
12-15-2005, 01:54 PM
sounds like a good idea, but with all of those websites, it will be packed.

PSINXS
12-15-2005, 02:04 PM
I know our entire crew will attend, but can u get him to add 240sxforums.com to that list? We dont all drift.

The BUCKY
12-15-2005, 02:37 PM
karen keep me posted deff interested

KevinT707
12-15-2005, 04:01 PM
I'm down for whenever it is, just keep us IA folks updated! :)

Elbow
12-15-2005, 04:04 PM
If you all rented Road Atlanta I got 20 people for sure going lol. That would be awesome but not really an option I dont think. Robeling is not bad, but no road course around can be compared to driving at Road Atlanta