PDA

View Full Version : Installed system, problems arised.

Lower4
12-13-2005, 10:57 PM
Hello, i recently got a setup of two sony 12" subs in a ported box with a memphis amp 500/1 d class 2 ohm stable, 4 gauge all around. The wire from battery to amp is just a wire without the fuse thingy.

Ok, here goes with the problems.

1) I hear that i need a capacitor due to my damn lights blinking.
2) My "Small Lights" fuse under the hood keep dying. The fuse is a 15A(Blue one), and the small lights fuse controls the taillights, and odometer.

What is the problem? Sorry If i sound kind of n00b-ish to systems, but i just need help! ARGH!

BanginJimmy
12-14-2005, 12:49 AM
well first off FUSE YOUR POWER WIRE. Thats one of the most important things you need to do.

To help with your charging problems upgrade your big 3 wires. alt pos to batt pos
batt neg to block
block to frame.

third problem I would have to look at it, but it sounds like some kind of a short or overload.

Lower4
12-14-2005, 04:25 PM
Thanks jimmy. Still the same problem though...

I bought and installed a fuse holder on the 4gauge wire that goes from battery to amp. Still the same problem though, the 15A fuse for "Small Lights" keeps blowing on me!

BanginJimmy
12-14-2005, 10:52 PM
it sounds like a short to me, but I dont know your car so I cant really go into much detail on what it might be

Lower4
12-16-2005, 09:49 PM
I have a 97 Accord LX. Some people say i have "pinched" something, what does that mean?

Spyder
12-16-2005, 09:55 PM
sounds to me like you have an issue with teh dimmer switch... pull out the radio (assuming its aftermarket) there will be an orange wire. disconnect it and make sure it is capped off and not making contact to anything else..

Your lights shouldnt be blinking to badly at all with that small of an amp, as was mentioned upgrade the wires if that is done and you still have the problems invest in a capacitor.

Lower4
12-18-2005, 07:40 PM
Thanks, im going to look into this right. I'll be back with hopefully some good outcome out of all this...

ACCORDRYDA23
12-25-2005, 12:40 PM
wire could be grounding out somewherz... causing the fuse to blow.... re check wires the carry current