PDA

View Full Version : Misc question

TonyRSX
12-13-2005, 03:35 PM
whats a good site or location i can go to near me(i live in Gwinnett) that has dogs for sale or adoption?

im looking to get a dachshund,maltese, or a yorkie sometime soon...

thanx

TonyRSX
12-13-2005, 03:37 PM
i know about petfinder.com...jus wondering what else is out there

The Golden Child
12-13-2005, 04:02 PM
inside gwinnet mall theres a pet shop they sell puppys go check it out ..

gtikid
12-13-2005, 10:27 PM
Is that for you or Lien man? :D

There's a place by GSU, by like 14th street,the AtlantaHumaneSociety.com . I was looking for some puppies there. The dogs at the mall are way expensive and i've heard that they usually come with some kind of like problem or something

CiViCCuTie
12-13-2005, 10:53 PM
Dogs in shops like that come from puppy mills usually...I say try animal shelters, petsmart and petco have adoptions every saturday from 11am-4pm then if you really want you can find a legit breeder...

hitomi
12-13-2005, 11:39 PM
i have two puppies named saleen and enzo that i got from the humane society on 14th street. they always have a LOT of puppies in there. they are rarely pure bred, but they're great dogs. plus, you can adopt them for about a tenth of the price it costs to buy one from a pet store. saleen and enzo were siblings and were very dependent on each other. they're german shepherd mutts. great dogs, very smart.

hitomi
12-13-2005, 11:41 PM
actually, i think the AHS is on the corner of howell mill and 10th.... not 14th. sorry bout that.

TonyRSX
12-14-2005, 02:12 AM
hmm...ill have to check that out...whenever/if you go again, hit me up julian...im looking for a beagle or dachshund for me and a maltese or yorkie for lien...

TonyRSX
12-14-2005, 02:13 AM
yea ive been to the mall shop a lot...a lot of really cute puppies that i would love to have...but they are just too expensive for me...

gtikid
12-14-2005, 09:52 PM
hmm...ill have to check that out...whenever/if you go again, hit me up julian...im looking for a beagle or dachshund for me and a maltese or yorkie for lien...

Man if you wanna go, hit me up. Or it's better to just keep checking their website, and if you do find a dog, CALL THEM IMMEDIATELY. I found a dog i liked on there and i was like,"Fuck it, i'll just go there and get it, instead of calling." Man when i got there, someone had JUST adopted him. They were barely doing his paper work, i was pissed!!

You'll probably find the beagle there, but a yorkie will be super hard to find, but who knows, you might get lucky.

yea ive been to the mall shop a lot...a lot of really cute puppies that i would love to have...but they are just too expensive for me...

Yea they're cute, they're all small and shit. But they are REALLY expensive. And like i said earlier, and how someone else explained, those dogs are born in puppy mills man. Kinda like chicken farms or pig places, and they're usually known to have more problems or diseases or disorders. And they generally live less too.

If your lucky, like me, you might find a free dog on IA :D I got my chihuahua from here for FREE!! And i was looking for one, and he's the cutest fucker ever!

http://www.importatlanta.com/upload/files/39/bean.JPG
http://www.importatlanta.com/upload/files/39/bean2.JPG

Dragonfly5338
12-15-2005, 12:31 AM
inside gwinnet mall theres a pet shop they sell puppys go check it out ..

NO NO NO NO NO NO. Did I mention - NO???!

NEVER buy animals from pet stores! They get their animals from puppy mills!!!! Big no-no! Try petfinder.com or look for breeders specializing in the breed you want - if they're a good breeder they'll ask to interview you or get to know you better before giving you a pup.

To do the best thing, go to the atlanta humane society or petsmart adoptions on weekends. So many poor puppies need homes! If you're definite about having a purebred, try looking for a rescue society that deals with the breed.

Both my shiba inu pups were rescues, and they're great. :) They just don't have papers, but I'm not showing them, so it doesn't matter.

SquishyC
12-15-2005, 12:13 PM
I agree..no pet stores. Even thou the animals in the pet stores have the same effect on me as the ones anywhere else, I melt and want to take them all home.

Humane Society would be good...or if you want a purbreed link off of petfinder.org.

GirlieZ
12-15-2005, 02:07 PM
First off...NEVER buy a puppy from a pet store. They come from puppy mills. These places bred them for money, and that is their only intention.

The governing body for pure breed dogs in the US is The American Kennel Club (ie AKC). They set the standards for breeds, rules of shows, conduct and order. You can chck out their website at www.akc.org.

There are two ways to find a pure bred puppy for cheap or free.

A good way to find a reputable breeder is to go to an AKC sanctioned event, usually a conformation show. These shows are held everyweekend all around the US. Many breeders actually have to many puppies or yound dogs and are willing to give or sell th6em at a low price to a respectable home.

Another way to get an purebreed dog is to go th6rough AKC rescue clubs. These are posted on the akc website and there are many around th6e nation, plus we live in a metro area so I am sure they have one for your breed.

Good luck and PM me with any questions regarding AKC breeders or rescue groups.

www.voyagergoldens.com