PDA

View Full Version : Media Play calls it quits...

C22H19N3O4
12-13-2005, 12:15 PM
I hate to see this happen. (http://www.denverpost.com/business/ci_3302664)

Spyder
12-13-2005, 12:21 PM
I hate to see it for the employes, but the store it self sucked and had over priced cd's. they also insisted upon placing their stores next to a store that had lower prices ont eh same thing. Being made they are going out of business is like being pissed the texaco that came in after the QT is going.. they sell everything including gas for more money and wonder why they fail..

TheFireMan
12-13-2005, 12:27 PM
Yes..Everything at media play is really over priced..Usually the CD's

HEY LOOK SALE SIGN READS 16.99 guys! :lmfao:

AznTraitor
12-13-2005, 02:25 PM
I'm really suprised this didnt happen sooner. I mean, when they placed their store right next to Circuit City in Gwinnett.....they were doomed to begin with...I'd goto into Media Play, look at a few CD's and look at the price and then walk over to Circuit City and save myself 4-5bucks. That's why that location didnt even last 1 year.

why are you sad to see it go? I think it was a good idea, but their pricing is what killed them, not just music, but books, and the other novelties they sold.

C22H19N3O4
12-13-2005, 02:45 PM
I'm really suprised this didnt happen sooner. I mean, when they placed their store right next to Circuit City in Gwinnett.....they were doomed to begin with...I'd goto into Media Play, look at a few CD's and look at the price and then walk over to Circuit City and save myself 4-5bucks. That's why that location didnt even last 1 year.

why are you sad to see it go? I think it was a good idea, but their pricing is what killed them, not just music, but books, and the other novelties they sold.

They carried a nice selection of movies you couldn't find at BB or CC. I can't stand BB and would pay a few extra dollars not to have to deal with idiots in blue shirts. I not only rate a store by its prices but also by the shopping experience. I can't say I've actually had a bad shopping experience at Media Play.

AznTraitor
12-13-2005, 02:49 PM
They carried a nice selection of movies you couldn't find at BB or CC. I can't stand BB and would pay a few extra dollars not to have to deal with idiots in blue shirts. I not only rate a store by its prices but also by the shopping experience. I can't say I've actually had a bad shopping experience at Media Play.

I never liked the one at NP, because all the kids who worked there were just kinda standing there with blank looks on their faces.....you are right though, they did have a nice selection of movies that other places didnt carry....

TheFireMan
12-13-2005, 02:53 PM

Yes..Their movie selection was great.:goodjob:

IntegraXTR
12-13-2005, 03:55 PM
speaking of which, since they do have a huge variety of movies that are hard to find you can always just go to suncoast and get them, but the prices isn't too far off.

AtlantaImportGuy
12-13-2005, 04:06 PM
Whatevea da price I get shit 40% off cause my brotha works up there!!!! Yea for discount products!!!!!!!!!!

4dmin
12-13-2005, 04:08 PM
DUDE THAT FUCKING SUX!!! MEDIA PLAY ALWAYS HAD THE BEST SELECTION OF METAL :2up:

FUCK YOU WALMART - BEST BUY - ITUNES - NAPSTER !!!!!

Brett
12-13-2005, 04:21 PM
To me they are overpriced and no selection

C22H19N3O4
12-13-2005, 05:00 PM
There should be some good sales b/w now and January.

civic95
12-13-2005, 06:02 PM
I hate to see it for the employes, but the store it self sucked and had over priced cd's. they also insisted upon placing their stores next to a store that had lower prices ont eh same thing. Being made they are going out of business is like being pissed the texaco that came in after the QT is going.. they sell everything including gas for more money and wonder why they fail..

Thats a great and true analogy.

rollininstyle2004
12-13-2005, 06:16 PM
There should be some good sales b/w now and January.
Yea, it sucks to see it go. The usually have stuff in stock when BB and CC are sold out :(

I have had a Replay membership with them since 2000 i believe. It was one of thoose things that cost $7 to start and you immediately get a $5 gift certificate and all you have to spend is $100 over the next year and get another $5. Anyway i figured something was up when my membership was ending and i wasnt going to renew it, so they just renewed me for 2 more years for free :)

blare
12-13-2005, 07:40 PM
lol damn this is the second company this year that I worked for that went under. First MCI, and now Media Play. lol

secondgencamaro
12-13-2005, 08:04 PM
lol damn this is the second company this year that I worked for that went under. First MCI, and now Media Play. lol
Who do you work for now so I can just sell off their stock?