PDA

View Full Version : new mkv corrado

benwaballs
12-13-2005, 11:58 AM
just found this. it will rock if they make this! rear wheel drive going after bmw m3s
http://eurotuned.com/vw/new_corrado.htm
http://eurotuned.com/vw/image/MK5_CORRADO_W8T.jpg

4dmin
12-13-2005, 12:03 PM
ya that would be awesome... won't happen though :(

Marta Mike
12-14-2005, 12:40 AM
ya that would be awesome... won't happen though :(
maybe not, but this is.... :goodjob: 2008 Scirocco

GTi30R
12-14-2005, 07:02 AM
right above the picture is says...

The following is not real... but a hope of what may one day come from Volkswagen

4dmin
12-14-2005, 07:14 AM
a new scirocco would be fucking awesome w/ a 2.0T *drool*

Chuckster
12-14-2005, 07:15 AM
i would luv to have either one. Both fucking sexy ass cars

i want it, i want it, i want it!!!

Marta Mike
12-14-2005, 07:50 AM
well supposedly from what ive read a vw is definately coming out with a coupe. Everything ive seen was a scirocco. But whether its a scirocco or a corrado from the looks of it its gonna be pretty sweet.

benwaballs
12-14-2005, 08:13 AM
maybe not, but this is.... :goodjob: 2008 Scirocco

sexy

single_cam_ham
12-14-2005, 03:17 PM
a new scirocco would be fucking awesome w/ a 2.0T *drool*

werd son...

Allstar3.8T
12-14-2005, 03:21 PM
[QUOTE=benwaballs]just found this. it will rock if they make this! rear wheel drive going after bmw m3s

I wsh, you wish..heck we all wish.
By the time VW ever decides to chase the Ultimate Driving Machine, it will be better and they will still be behind. VW just doesnt care enough to make a car to chase the M...Audi is the label for that...

Marta Mike
12-14-2005, 03:32 PM
personally i dont think the corrado will be back. It had what i think 1 generation. The rocco has more history and i think 2-3gen that were pretty successful. Scirocco sounds better too-lol

DeutscheBAG!
12-14-2005, 04:07 PM
personally i dont think the corrado will be back. It had what i think 1 generation. The rocco has more history and i think 2-3gen that were pretty successful. Scirocco sounds better too-lol

werd..the Corrado won't be backk..as much as vw owners might kick and scream..
would be nice though, i miss mine dearly

mocha latte cupcake
12-14-2005, 04:09 PM
scirocco would actually make me buy a VW

rollininstyle2004
12-14-2005, 06:59 PM
That first picture is DEFINATELY a photoshop of a MKIV Jetta...

The Scirocco on the other hand would be AWESOME...i hope they bring it back.

rollininstyle2004
12-14-2005, 07:07 PM
* Advancement in traction control technology has virtually eliminated the problems associated with RWD vehicles in the past
* An improvement over FWD and AWD vehicles, 2Motion will change the paradigm of RWD vehicles
* Drivers can switch 2motion traction control on or off with the push of a button for spirited and track driving
* 18" lightweight wheels and wide, low profile tires provide plenty of grip and stunning appeal
* Wheels at the corners, where they should be on a high performance road car
* 13" cross-drilled rotors with state of the art ABS provide instant stopping power without brake fade
* Alloy chassis, hood, door skins and hatch, along with other composites help trim the new Corrado to it's nimble 2400lb curb weight for the R32 Sport and Wolfsburg models and 2700lb for the W8T Autobahn.
* 50/50 Front-to-Rear Weight Distribution provides the ultimate foundation for not only an amazing road car, but track car with the handling and "stick" unseen since BMW retired it's E30 M3.
* Sophisticated and functional interior which has long set VW apart from the competition
* The onboard driving/performance computer records every aspect of your driving experience to the in-dash memory card. Drivers may transfer it to their personal pc or laptop to graph, map and track figures such as acceleration times, G-forces, Horsepower and more.
* 0-100km Acceleration Times: Sport: < 5.2 seconds | Wolfsburg: < 4.6 seconds | Autobahn: < 3.8 seconds

Just some things i cant imagine VW actually doing in a production car. W8T? Is that like the W8 from the Passat (the engine VW claimed wouldnt ever be in production again) and then Turbocharged? That engine barely fit into the Passat, how is it supposed to fit into a smaller car?

50/50 Weight? I mean if they can make a perfect 50/50 that would be awesome, just not sure how feasable that is

13'' Cross Drilled Rotors...why not slotted, wasnt it proven that cross drilled does nothing to help braking and that slotted or even a plain faced disk was better for every day use? I cant see VW putting that large of rotors on stock cars...the A8 only has 12.6'' and that is A LOT heavier and needs more stopping power...

On board computer that records HP, Acceleration, etc...that would be cool

3.8 Second 0-62...thats impressive, id love to see it happen...

I think VW has a long way to go before they can actually make a car that does all that, considering they dont even have a design yet...unless that disproportional photoshop of an outdated model is thier plan...

Big Baller
12-14-2005, 08:02 PM
13'' Cross Drilled Rotors...why not slotted, wasnt it proven that cross drilled does nothing to help braking and that slotted or even a plain faced disk was better for every day use? I cant see VW putting that large of rotors on stock cars...the A8 only has 12.6'' and that is A LOT heavier and needs more stopping power....

You sir are correct, there is zero benefit to cross drilled rotors, and very little benefit to slotted. Normal rotors do a much better job of removing heat from the braking system.

Matt

rollininstyle2004
12-14-2005, 08:33 PM
At least slotted has SOME help in the rain...

VRBehavior
06-17-2007, 04:41 PM
you guys DO realize that there's already a new Scirroco thats been made and ready for production in Europe right? And that original first post was someone's off-hand photochop.

VRBehavior
06-17-2007, 04:44 PM
this is your legit, working, running, ground up Scirroco replacement. The rest of the images up there are all photochops and renders.

GermanMuscle
06-19-2007, 04:51 PM
the one above looks like a more aggressive gti

the first one looks like a original rado pieced together with mkiv jetta stuff

the red one i hope will happen

Total_Blender
06-27-2007, 10:57 PM
2400lb curb weight on a new VW??

FS:http://www.visitingdc.com/images/golden-gate-bridge-picture.jpg

Bridge. Great condition, low miles. $47,000,000,000

Hit me up on IM:goodjob: