PDA

View Full Version : What the hell is wrong with some people...

Nemesis
12-12-2005, 11:05 PM
Just a slight rant,

But this is a message someone posted on another board...

Originally Posted by bi**et350
"dont call that thing a Z, its a ZX" ( <--- Reffering to my car.)

My response...?

My car is a Z31 , yours is a Z33. Either way its a Z.

His response...

"im sorry i think nissan called my car a 350z..... notice the z by its self

and i think nissan called your the 300zx.... notice the zx after the 300."

I quit... :rolleyes:

rickgiblin
12-12-2005, 11:08 PM
dam, some people just need to take the butt plug out and stop being so anal about stuff

PSINXS
12-12-2005, 11:12 PM
if he were to ever post taht on 300zxclub.com he would be flamed out of existence

speedminded
12-12-2005, 11:17 PM
No offense, coming from an owner of a Z32 for 4 years, but the only true Z was a 240z....not 260, 280, 300 (z31 or z32), or 350.

speedminded
12-12-2005, 11:20 PM
...BUT you do have to admit that both the 240z and Z32 300zx were the only two wayyy ahead of it's time in styling, engineering, & performance out of the bunch.

PSINXS
12-12-2005, 11:21 PM
^agreed. i also owned a z32

Nemesis
12-12-2005, 11:22 PM
Im starting to love Z32s, more than the Supra (which was the only car I really ever wanted). I cant believe I just said that....

Hulud
12-12-2005, 11:24 PM
i think all the cum hes guzzled has messed with his head...

BigTs13
12-12-2005, 11:31 PM
lol

speedminded
12-13-2005, 12:00 AM
Im starting to love Z32s, more than the Supra (which was the only car I really ever wanted). I cant believe I just said that....I started loving them October 1989 issue of R&T...and it wasn't until about 2000 that i started hating them (about the 2nd year i owned one)...actually i still love them, but i want $50k cash to build it the way i want to otherwise i don't want anything to do with them :tongue: but for that price i'd rather build a twin turbo NSX....i will have one.

CHADbee
12-13-2005, 12:09 AM
my dad had a 95 TT lemonny yellow pearl color 300zx and ever since i drove that car i've been having wet dreams about TT 300's

RandomGuy
12-13-2005, 02:13 AM
hrm... i used to be the biggest z32 fan... actually i still love them more than most cars on the street and i will get one definitely in the future...
but hrm... going further back... doesn't the X in the ZX label denote boost? Like they only placed it when the car had a turbo option. For example, the 280Z had no option for boost... but the 280ZX did.
The ZX and Z labels also have to do with autocrossing and touring and how the ZX was a fusion of the two.
Also was the flagship at the time... also the Z31 the 1984 DATSUN anniversary edition 300Z(X) came turbo pimped out to the fullest... it was the flagship of the flagship back then, even the key was gold plated.
Mad rumors on the nissan boards... I used to be all over them, but they say that the reason the X wasn't placed in the 350z is because it was never intended to be a true Z... a Z, more specifically a ZX is supposed to be flagship nissan.. That flagship is now the skyline, so they have no need for the X. Either way dudes an idiot for calling ur car "not a Z" that is disgraceful... your car is more a Z than the 350 will ever be. For some reason the VQ doesn't embody that same Z-ism that the other gens did... or is it just me? Just something homosexual about it lol.

but back to the main subject.... ANY ZX is more of a "Z-car" than those damn VQ's... coming from a Z enthusiast.

Nemesis
12-13-2005, 07:30 AM
hrm... i used to be the biggest z32 fan... actually i still love them more than most cars on the street and i will get one definitely in the future...
but hrm... going further back... doesn't the X in the ZX label denote boost? Like they only placed it when the car had a turbo option. For example, the 280Z had no option for boost... but the 280ZX did.
The ZX and Z labels also have to do with autocrossing and touring and how the ZX was a fusion of the two.
Also was the flagship at the time... also the Z31 the 1984 DATSUN anniversary edition 300Z(X) came turbo pimped out to the fullest... it was the flagship of the flagship back then, even the key was gold plated.
Mad rumors on the nissan boards... I used to be all over them, but they say that the reason the X wasn't placed in the 350z is because it was never intended to be a true Z... a Z, more specifically a ZX is supposed to be flagship nissan.. That flagship is now the skyline, so they have no need for the X. Either way dudes an idiot for calling ur car "not a Z" that is disgraceful... your car is more a Z than the 350 will ever be. For some reason the VQ doesn't embody that same Z-ism that the other gens did... or is it just me? Just something homosexual about it lol.

but back to the main subject.... ANY ZX is more of a "Z-car" than those damn VQ's... coming from a Z enthusiast.

Well said man.

Tbird_guy
12-13-2005, 11:35 AM
I hate z32's, yeah, they look awesome, yeah, they were a head of their time...

But have you ever tried doing any major repairs to one (like say, replacing a transmission) after working on zxguy's car, I wouldn't realy wanna buy one, but I do in all actuality love the cars, they are good looking cars, just a PITA to work on.

speedminded
12-13-2005, 12:35 PM
I hate z32's, yeah, they look awesome, yeah, they were a head of their time...

But have you ever tried doing any major repairs to one (like say, replacing a transmission) after working on zxguy's car, I wouldn't realy wanna buy one, but I do in all actuality love the cars, they are good looking cars, just a PITA to work on.wha...the transmission, nahh that's nothin...it's only those two bolts at the top that are a bitch...i think my method was short extension, swivel, short extension, swivel, longer extension, swivel, then one more extension...i pulled it by myself the first time (had a lift at home so i was kinda cheating) but i didn't have anything but a floorjack and a 4" x 4" to balance it on....pulling it back of course getting stuck on the splines and then said fuck this...lowered the lift so it was just even with my head, got under it and yanked it out holding it on one shoulder.

Mine had variable timing...strictly experimental and only on the '90 model. The two $2.10 springs on the front of the top camshafts took a shit on me...both the same week. $2.10 each and it took me like 8 hours to replace them and put it all together, grrrr.

Then the timing belt...my god...there is a reason why Z1 and the dealer charge just about the same amount to do an engine swap as it is to replace a timing belt...it took me 8 hours just to get to the point to where i could take off the timing belt...that's doesn't count putting the new one on and then putting it back together.

Lets not even talk about the time i pulled the engine and disassembled it to shave the head and do a little internal work....just as i got all the stuff back from the machine shop my parents sold the property AND THE SHOP...ok, that's sucked, they bought a new house and it didn't have a shop...NO SHOP! and my entire 300zx was in pieces in big wooden crates. GRRR. Luckily my dad immediately started building a new shop at the house but it was 3 or 4 months before it was finished because they were working on the house too...i moved away out and got my own place when they sold the property and lived an hour away so it was difficult to even go visit the car...it was just under a year before i could go pull everything out of the crates and lay it all out on 4' x 8' sheets of plywood on sawhorses and just stand there with my mouth open looking like wtf have i done...it took several weekends to get it together....then that that dreaded 8 hours once again peaks its ugly head up...it took 8 hours to rewire everything under the hood. my god..i like electrical work but doing that straight without even a piss will make you go nuts.

ok, i'm done venting....I mean, i love z32's to death...i still get chill bumps everytime i see a twin turbo z commercial...especially the flashback one showing the BRE datsuns and the nissan/datsun garage, etc. but even the barbie and GI Joe one does it too but screw working on them. That's why i respect Russell (Z1 motorsports) and his shop so much. Now if i worked on one every single day then i imagine it would be nothing...but everything about mine was completely differant than anything i'd ever done before....everything about it. ok, i'm really done now :)

Ex_Vtec_Girl
12-13-2005, 12:41 PM
damn jason, how about a novel?

speedminded
12-13-2005, 12:50 PM
damn jason, how about a novel?you know everything that involves me is big and I always go all out ;)

Ex_Vtec_Girl
12-13-2005, 01:38 PM
ummmm...i think i shall keep my mouth shut :D

speedminded
12-13-2005, 02:13 PM
ummmm...i think i shall keep my mouth shut :Dthat's fine...that's what the eyes are for then :eye: :tongue:

tatodotcom
12-13-2005, 05:45 PM
Z power!!...i read that on 300zxclub.com just a few seconds ago....id love to see him post on there....HAHAH....and yes i know some of u thinks z's are hard to work on....i just had my tranny replaced...they said it wasnt to difficult

speedminded
12-13-2005, 05:51 PM
Z power!!...i read that on 300zxclub.com just a few seconds ago....id love to see him post on there....HAHAH....and yes i know some of u thinks z's are hard to work on....i just had my tranny replaced...they said it wasnt to difficultas long as you have all the right tools and a comfortable place to do it then nothing is difficult...i couldn't tell you how many times i've pulled a transmission on a car sitting in a driveway, sometime gravel, and sometimes in the rain, etc. It's funny how you say, "...they said it wasnt to difficult" hehe..."they" :tongue:

Tbird_guy
12-14-2005, 12:15 AM
wha...the transmission, nahh that's nothin...it's only those two bolts at the top that are a bitch...i think my method was short extension, swivel, short extension, swivel, longer extension, swivel, then one more extension...i pulled it by myself the first time (had a lift at home so i was kinda cheating) but i didn't have anything but a floorjack and a 4" x 4" to balance it on....pulling it back of course getting stuck on the splines and then said fuck this...lowered the lift so it was just even with my head, got under it and yanked it out holding it on one shoulder.

Mine had variable timing...strictly experimental and only on the '90 model. The two $2.10 springs on the front of the top camshafts took a shit on me...both the same week. $2.10 each and it took me like 8 hours to replace them and put it all together, grrrr.

Then the timing belt...my god...there is a reason why Z1 and the dealer charge just about the same amount to do an engine swap as it is to replace a timing belt...it took me 8 hours just to get to the point to where i could take off the timing belt...that's doesn't count putting the new one on and then putting it back together.

Lets not even talk about the time i pulled the engine and disassembled it to shave the head and do a little internal work....just as i got all the stuff back from the machine shop my parents sold the property AND THE SHOP...ok, that's sucked, they bought a new house and it didn't have a shop...NO SHOP! and my entire 300zx was in pieces in big wooden crates. GRRR. Luckily my dad immediately started building a new shop at the house but it was 3 or 4 months before it was finished because they were working on the house too...i moved away out and got my own place when they sold the property and lived an hour away so it was difficult to even go visit the car...it was just under a year before i could go pull everything out of the crates and lay it all out on 4' x 8' sheets of plywood on sawhorses and just stand there with my mouth open looking like wtf have i done...it took several weekends to get it together....then that that dreaded 8 hours once again peaks its ugly head up...it took 8 hours to rewire everything under the hood. my god..i like electrical work but doing that straight without even a piss will make you go nuts.

ok, i'm done venting....I mean, i love z32's to death...i still get chill bumps everytime i see a twin turbo z commercial...especially the flashback one showing the BRE datsuns and the nissan/datsun garage, etc. but even the barbie and GI Joe one does it too but screw working on them. That's why i respect Russell (Z1 motorsports) and his shop so much. Now if i worked on one every single day then i imagine it would be nothing...but everything about mine was completely differant than anything i'd ever done before....everything about it. ok, i'm really done now :)

you had a lift cheater, I took it out on my back...yeah, those top bolts are a bitch.

RandomGuy
12-14-2005, 12:28 AM
lol i remember that "girl, you really got me now" commercial... that was truely boner inducing