PDA

View Full Version : Land, and/or building/warehouse?!

speedminded
04-06-2005, 12:31 AM
Someone on here must know someone that has some property for sale....maybe a couple acres or a small lot with some sort of building on it, concrete, steel, whatever?

speedminded
04-08-2005, 01:25 AM
ah com'n....anyone? I gotta get started on building my garage-loft!

RutRoe
04-08-2005, 06:51 AM
No kidding... what are you going to try and make?

I wanted to do this with an old time gas station, but the EPA side of it was too much for me.

Good luck, I bet it will be cool

Hulud
04-08-2005, 05:54 PM
if i see somethin ill let you know

speedminded
04-08-2005, 07:03 PM
No kidding... what are you going to try and make?

I wanted to do this with an old time gas station, but the EPA side of it was too much for me.

Good luck, I bet it will be coolnooo, you don't want nothin to do with an old gas station unless you have the papers from the epa saying it's clean. While I was in between jobs last summer I worked temporarily for an engineering firm that does all the testing/inspections on gas stations...I new not to mess with them before but once I started working there i realized what all was involved.

The EPA rarely ever gets the owners on an old site, they always tag the new buyers...and hard. If you have contaminated soil then there is only one way to clean it up and that's to incinerate it...unfortunantly there is only one place that does that in the southeast and it's in South Carolina I believe. Easily spend $1 million digging, hauling, incinerating, and bringing new dirt in. That would be a bad day, $1 million spent, in debt for 100 years and all I have to show for it is a muddy lot...now that would suck.