PDA

View Full Version : Need some help plz

Wodihor
12-12-2005, 07:31 AM
I'm new here but have been on rx7club.com for about 2 months now...ever sence i bought '83 RX7 GS. What I'm needing help with is replacing the front seal on my 12a. I don't know how much longer it will hold up and it is leaking a little bit of oil. I have about 60+ psi oil preasure right now. I know that if it decreases to much that the 12a will just blow.

I have been following recomendations about how to keep the apex seals from going to fast. I run about 8 oz of 2-cycle in the gas and i still have my omp hooked up. I don't know my compression right now as i have not been able to pick up the 30$ tester atm.

I have little knowledge of motors. Would like someone with know-how to help me do it. I also may not have the tools to do it in the parking lot of the apartment complex that i live in. I can supply beer and/or food for the labor.

So if anyone out there has the know-how and is willing to help out a first gen owner please let me know. your welcome to pm, call 770-833-8199, or send an email to [email protected].

Pip

redlinenprelude
12-12-2005, 01:59 PM
bump.. help this man out!

David88vert
12-12-2005, 06:01 PM
60psi is normal on thhe 12a.
The oil pressure sensor is notorious for failing and giving bad readings also. Don't worry about it. The 12a's rarely have oiling issues dies to the simplicity of their design. The OMP is manual.
It's actually very hard to blow a 12a. Don't worry too much.
For compression testing, use a genuine Mazda compression tester. Lookup David Girod on the RX7Club, and have him run the test for you. He can give you an actual printout. He also can fix the leak for you. He's pretty cheap, compared to shops.

Wodihor
12-12-2005, 06:16 PM
Thx for the advice i will see if i can look him up.