PDA

View Full Version : Which is better? XM Radio-Sirius Radio?

TheFireMan
12-11-2005, 08:04 PM
What are the Pros & Cons of both and which is better? what is the difference between tha two? and is satellite radio worth 12.95 a month?

ironchef
12-11-2005, 08:07 PM
Personally I have sirius and i like it a lot. Really theyre both pretty much the same thing, but just check what channels both have and what looks more interesting to you and then decide. To me sirius was better so i got that. And yes its definitely worth it, unless you dont spend a lot of time in the car. But you cant beat no commercials and fully uncensored thanks to satelite!

AznTraitor
12-11-2005, 08:09 PM
XM runs me 12 bucks a month, and any additional car only runs like 5 bucks....I like it...alot better than radio...no cheesy talk morning shows, unless you want it....and you can get units on ebay for pretty cheap now.

BTLFED
12-11-2005, 08:13 PM
Post.

(I'm actually curious about this too.)

TheFireMan
12-11-2005, 08:14 PM
^^ phew..I thought he was going to flame me...lol..thanks for the feedback guys..but im waiting for what more users on here think of them Satellite Radio's..

AznTraitor
12-11-2005, 08:18 PM
well, a little bit of more info....never had a problem during rain storms or anything...I've heard of some having that issue...but it's always worked. There's so many stations it's crazy....

BTLFED
12-11-2005, 08:18 PM
Nope, no flaming this time. This is actually a good question.

ironchef
12-11-2005, 08:26 PM
well, a little bit of more info....never had a problem during rain storms or anything...I've heard of some having that issue...but it's always worked. There's so many stations it's crazy....I don't have any problems with rain storms, but sometimes when im in a valley type rd surrounded by trees it can cut out, has that happened to you?

AznTraitor
12-11-2005, 08:31 PM
I don't have any problems with rain storms, but sometimes when im in a valley type rd surrounded by trees it can cut out, has that happened to you?

not exactly....when I was up in Helen, there were some problem areas, but it never cut out completly.

TheFireMan
12-11-2005, 09:13 PM
Can you pause the Satellite radio? ..like say you are in the drive-threw ordering food and you have to turn it down..does it keep on running? and can you record straight from it?

They both seem to have same amount of channels

AznTraitor
12-11-2005, 09:22 PM
Can you pause the Satellite radio? ..like say you are in the drive-threw ordering food and you have to turn it down..does it keep on running? and can you record straight from it?

They both seem to have same amount of channels

nah man, this isnt like tivo....you just turn it down or hit the mute.

COGCaviZ24
12-12-2005, 08:15 AM
i love xm, but i don't listen to it much. mostly cause i got it in my car and it isn't running. btw, my pioneer xm ready system is for sale

TheFireMan
12-12-2005, 11:18 AM
^^..Lol, so that means you dont like it very much do you?, why is that..

ironchef
12-12-2005, 11:21 AM
^^..Lol, so that means you dont like it very much do you?, why is that..You might want to try reading what he said. Its in his car that doesnt run so that means he cant really listen to it, unless he just wants to sit in his car for a while...

Julio
12-12-2005, 04:30 PM
I have Sirius and it kicks ass.. better then regular radio..
another cool feature I like about sirius is.. I have it in my car and I can also listen to it from my PC aslong as I keep my service. =]

TheFireMan
12-12-2005, 04:32 PM
You might want to try reading what he said. Its in his car that doesnt run so that means he cant really listen to it, unless he just wants to sit in his car for a while....

ohh..gottchaa, I see.., Sorry I misread what he said.

TheFireMan
12-12-2005, 04:34 PM
I have Sirius and it kicks ass.. better then regular radio..
another cool feature I like about sirius is.. I have it in my car and I can also listen to it from my PC aslong as I keep my service. =]

You cant listen to XM Radio from the PC?

COGCaviZ24
12-12-2005, 06:33 PM
You might want to try reading what he said. Its in his car that doesnt run so that means he cant really listen to it, unless he just wants to sit in his car for a while...

right. and when does run(which is real soon,wed.). i only drive it on weekends

COGCaviZ24
12-12-2005, 06:36 PM
and i got a mp3 player now, so that means less xm

v3rd1g0
12-25-2005, 01:23 PM
nah man, this isnt like tivo....you just turn it down or hit the mute.

Actually sirius's sportster replay and starmate replay have that feature if i'm not mistaken. It's like 44 minutes of replay time.

The biggest difference between the two is sports:

Sirius: NFL is the biggest one, umm i can't remember the rest(pretty sad when i sell this on a daily basis XD)

XM: MLB, PGA, ACC, PACTEN, BIGTEN, and more

Sirius has martha stewart and howard stern<<SOOOOOO many ppl come in wanting sirius because of stern... crazy stuff.

Music wise they are about the same. all different types of music types.

98strat
12-26-2005, 01:12 AM
My family has 3 xm units. No problems with reception and the car was driven from georgia to michigan. Not once did it cut out. You can also listen to XM from your computer. To get a better feel of which stations you like better you can get like three day trials online for both. Therefor you could listen to a little of both a decide which one suites your needs better.

JayKnight
12-26-2005, 08:02 AM
You cant listen to XM Radio from the PC?

INCORRECT !!!! If you goto www.xmradio.com and click on the Listen Now link, enter your email address and password there will be a list of all the channels available in the car and some exclusive online channels to listen to.

You can infact listne to XM from any PC. I listen to it all the time on mine. To answer your question about the good and bad, well one thing about Sirius I can not stand is Howard Stern and Marth Stewart, oh wait that is 2.

I have had my XM for almost a year, and out of my 450 or so CDs I have rarely gone back to the CD player.

XM is great, no problems in rainey weather, like said before, it does cut out in areas with lots of tall buildings, or trees. It will also cut out in side tunnels or wide overpasses.