PDA

View Full Version : fault

hitomi
12-11-2005, 02:13 PM
so friday night i went to a bar with a friend i hadnt seen for a while since i've been pretty busy recently. i ended up being slightly drunk and didnt want to worry about driving home, so my friend offered to take me. while we were at the bar he was telling me about how excited he was to drop the skyline motor he'd just bought into his crx that hed been working on and dropping most of his extra money into.

today he told me that on the way home from dropping me off he'd been pulled over right down the street. he got two tickets, one for driving on a suspended license and one for driving with suspended tags. granted, i guess he shouldnt have been driving at all, but we all have lives and need to get around somehow, and his suspensions were for speeding, nothing like dui or anything. he spent friday night in jail until he got bailed out. he's going to end up on probation now, along with around 3G in fines, and his car is impounded. he'll probably even have to spend more time in jail.

i feel really guilty about all of this. if he hadnt been on my side of town dropping me off, none of this would have happened. i cant even describe how awful i feel. i live in downtown atl, and i'm also really angry at the cops. i live two blocks off bankhead highway on the west end of 6th street. you'd think that maybe with all the crime down there they could be working on something important instead of making random traffic stops to someone with expired tags. i just feel like my friend has been cheated of so many things he's worked for because of this and that its all my fault.

really, he was a sober guy driving his drunk friend home for safety's sake, and now he has to put up with all this bullshit.

i just had to vent. and i dont know what to do.

hitomi
12-11-2005, 02:15 PM
oh, and to pay the fines, he's going to have to sell the car and the motor. so that's another way i feel worse.

gtikid
12-11-2005, 02:16 PM
Are you still drunk?

hitomi
12-11-2005, 02:20 PM
most definitely not

5thgcelica
12-11-2005, 02:22 PM
so.....if he hadnt been speeding... then he wouldnt have gotten pulled over...

how is this your fault?

hitomi
12-11-2005, 02:24 PM
he wasnt speeding when he was pulled over. the sole reason he was pulled over was because he was at the wrong place at the wrong time and some cop ran his tag randomly. if he wasnt in that place it never would have happened.

it just sucks.

5thgcelica
12-11-2005, 02:28 PM
you mentioned somethign about speeding.....ok.. upon reading it more. its his fault he didnt have a liscense because of speeding... so thats just retarded to drive on a suspended liscence, why risk it?
its also his fault he didnt keep up with tags and crap.. yeah wrong place wrong time i guess, but its not your fault he cant keep up with registration and such.

im sure he's a good guy, but sorry, he's a dumbass for driving with a suspended liscence. he was asking for it.

Crazy Asian
12-11-2005, 02:28 PM
Hmm sux yous should help him pay for his fine and everything...sux to lose your car and when you lose your car you have to find a way to work and everything.

Ruiner
12-11-2005, 02:35 PM
so friday night i went to a bar with a friend i hadnt seen for a while since i've been pretty busy recently. i ended up being slightly drunk and didnt want to worry about driving home, so my friend offered to take me. while we were at the bar he was telling me about how excited he was to drop the skyline motor he'd just bought into his crx that hed been working on and dropping most of his extra money into.

today he told me that on the way home from dropping me off he'd been pulled over right down the street. he got two tickets, one for driving on a suspended license and one for driving with suspended tags. granted, i guess he shouldnt have been driving at all, but we all have lives and need to get around somehow, and his suspensions were for speeding, nothing like dui or anything. he spent friday night in jail until he got bailed out. he's going to end up on probation now, along with around 3G in fines, and his car is impounded. he'll probably even have to spend more time in jail.

i feel really guilty about all of this. if he hadnt been on my side of town dropping me off, none of this would have happened. i cant even describe how awful i feel. i live in downtown atl, and i'm also really angry at the cops.i live two blocks off bankhead highway on the west end of 6th street. you'd think that maybe with all the crime down there they could be working on something important instead of making random traffic stops to someone with expired tags. i just feel like my friend has been cheated of so many things he's worked for because of this and that its all my fault.

really, he was a sober guy driving his drunk friend home for safety's sake, and now he has to put up with all this bullshit.

i just had to vent. and i dont know what to do.

Refer to what I bolded...

1. He was at fault for driving with no license or tags. HE was at fault. Not you, him. He paid for an engine and didn't pay for the tag. HE is the idiot that has his priorities messed up. There is no excuse about having to "get around" for shit that was his fault. He sped and lost his license.

2. You are mad at the cops for enforcing the law? Oh, they should be busting criminals, right. Are you aware that not all cops are the same? Do you know that some are assigned SPECIFICALLY to traffic detail? Some do traffic and only traffic. That is what they do. Some deal with more violent crimes and offenders. Don't make statements when you don't know all of the details.

CHEATED out of stuff he has worked for? HE IS AT FAULT! Do you not see this? He is the only one to blame!!!!!!!! Nobody cheated him out of what he worked for! He was the dumbass who kept fucking up! Blame him, nobody else.

Ruiner
12-11-2005, 02:38 PM
he wasnt speeding when he was pulled over. the sole reason he was pulled over was because he was at the wrong place at the wrong time and some cop ran his tag randomly. if he wasnt in that place it never would have happened.

it just sucks.

He didn't have to run his tags. The cop only had to look at the color of the registration sticker. You friend is at fault 100%. He would have gotten pulled over eventually.

gtikid
12-11-2005, 02:44 PM
:werd:Ruiner

How was he at the wrong place at the wrong time? I guess ANYWHERE he goes, he's at the wrong place and wrong time for driving around on an expired tag. Like everyone else said, it's not your fault. It's his fault ENTIRELY.

IndianStig
12-11-2005, 03:12 PM
Cab's are your friend bro.

Ex_Vtec_Girl
12-11-2005, 04:56 PM
what makes you say he'll have such high fines & be on probation & serve jail time??? i went to jail for a suspended license a few years ago...the 15 hours i spent in jail before being bailed out was all the jail time they wanted, the only fines that had to be paid were the ones for the outstanding speeding tickets & they never even threatened to put me on probation.

i agree with everybody else...it's his own damn fault & nobody else can be blamed for his stupidity. i know when i was arrested, i sure as hell didn't blame the cops for doing their jobs (although they didn't have to put me in full shackles to transport me from forsyth to gwinnett). when are people going to grow up & start taking responsibility for their own fuck ups with the law???

quickdodgeŽ
12-11-2005, 05:42 PM
First off, you did the exact right thing by not driving home drunk. So, not your fault.

Second, your friend knew he was riding suspended and shouldn't have been out driving. He could've helped you get a cab. You make the comment about how "but we all have lives and need to get around somehow." Well, I don't think going to bar to hang out is a necessary thing to do when you have a suspended license on your plate. Going straight to work and back would be my only reason for doing this. So, not your fault.

Third. You're angry at the cops? Why? Because they did there job? To me, keeping someone off the road that shouldn't be on the road is pretty important. If you feel guilty because he got caught doing something stupid, how would you feel if he had (accidently) killed someone and got sued by that family and lost everything he had. Then he'd be in jail for a lot longer than what he may spend now. Plus with a vehicular homicide along with it. So, that's his fault.

i just feel like my friend has been cheated of so many things he's worked for because of this and that its all my fault.

Your friend cheated himself. He was completely in the wrong. Not you. maybe he should have thought about the things he worked for before doing this. While it is very respectful of him to be your DD, the "bullshit" he has to put up with is his own fault.

You know the history between me and your club and this post has nothing to do with that. I would/have say this to anyone posting this. Later, QD.

ALVIN
12-11-2005, 08:07 PM
:rly: I agree with QDizzle and Ruiner and everyone else...its not your fault that your friend did not have his priorites in check and its not your fault that the cops doing their job. Don't stress about it.

speedminded
12-11-2005, 11:45 PM
I just wanna see the Skyline engine in the CRX... :dunno:

RandomGuy
12-11-2005, 11:48 PM
I just wanna see the Skyline engine in the CRX... :dunno:
lol exactly i thought i was the only one who caught that... WTF?

gtikid
12-12-2005, 01:01 AM
:werd: I caught that right away too, but didn't wanna say anything about it. I was just like hmmmmmm :confused:

wes_297
12-12-2005, 01:38 AM
i just have one question. did he drive to the bar or whatever?

hitomi
12-12-2005, 06:24 PM
yeah he drove there. i didnt even know about the license thing til after i got there. i hadnt seen him for months.

i think the only reason that i'm sort of uptight about the whole police thing is that i understand that it's important to have traffic cops. i hate street racing with the fire of a thousand suns because it scares the hell out of me, plus i cant stand when people drive drunk or recklessly or whatever. i think that's very imperative that police are there for those kinds of traffic laws. maybe the reason i'm bitter is because i've been pulled over for not having a front license plate (on the interstate while going 67 in a 65), and yet within 3 minutes of me getting back on the road was run off of it by a drunk driver. also, i was mugged and immediately called the cops and it took them over 35 minutes to get there. i guess i just see some things as more important than others... like responding to a call on an assault and battery being more important than driving around without a front plate.

otherwise cops are fine by me.

and QD, you can hate the club all you want, but i didnt write a rant so that i couldnt get advice or consolation or insight, so i'm glad you responded. i dont take any of your responses to me personally whatsoever. you're great in my book. i have absolutely nothing against you, and nor do i have a reason to.

quickdodgeŽ
12-12-2005, 06:30 PM
i have absolutely nothing against you, and nor do i have a reason to.

Mutual. Later, QD.