PDA

View Full Version : "renter" story

Sinfix_15
09-24-2014, 10:52 PM
So against my warnings, my mom decided to offer her guest house to a (undisclosed race) couple that had fell on hard times. The husband lost his job and his wife quit her job because of depression from her dad dying. The female had planned on returning to work soon and the male was "seeking work". They agreed to start paying rent in 4-6 weeks once they started getting income. Turns out the male had been out of work for 2+ years, long enough for ue to expire and the female for almost a year. They were paying thier rent previously with ue and plasma donations.

So these people stayed there 7 months without paying one dollar of rent. They purchased two pit bulls while living there even though i told them no pets and that i would shoot the dogs if they came on the main property because my mom has small dogs.

Power bill went up to $600+ one month because they went on vacation and left the ac running with the windows open for a week. They did not pay one penny towards any power bill.

I tried to get the male 3-4 construction jobs that he refused to take.

Told them they had one month to get out and they agreed. After that month they refused to leave and said to file an eviction.

So the final straw ended up being a physical altercation between the male and one of my friends. My friend was attempting to keep the peace during an argumeny when the male pulled his shirt off and swung at him. My friend hit him, he fell out on his back and pissed himself. The guys wife went crazy like he was dead. The guy was out for 4-5 minutes and then revived and went to the hospital because he bit thru his bottom lip when he fell out and needed stitches. At the hospital they file assault charges. The police come but after getting the story, they dont do anything.

The next day, formal eviction filed but they start moving thier stuff that week.

They took the door handles and sink fixtures out of the house and broke the glass furniture tops. They even stole firewood......... the house is so filthy i just about needed a hazmat suit to clean it. The carpet is not salvagable and is getting thrown away. Same for furniture.

Moral of this story. Most people are poor and homeless because they deserve to be. I dont know where these people went, but they deserve to die in the street.

The female was a "friend"/former coworker of my mom.

David88vert
09-25-2014, 09:09 AM
I have a neighbor that owns over 30 rental houses and I have been learning from him. The number one rule is ask them where they are currently renting and go and look at the place and talk to their current landlord. That will tell you a lot.

BanginJimmy
09-25-2014, 11:49 AM
My wife and I are in the process of getting our finances in order to purchase a new house and rent our current one. We intend to deal with a rental agency to somewhat protect ourselves from this type of mess. We will happily take the financial hit to not have to deal with the courts and tenants. One of the ones we are looking at also offers insurance against damage renters do. The way I understand it, the agency pays to return the house to "original" condition and they deal with the previous renters about being paid back. Again, worth every penny for years to avoid the one bad renter that destroys the house.

Vteckidd
09-25-2014, 12:51 PM
Kinda par for the course. Most renters suck. Theres a reason why they rent.

Having said that, I rent, mainly because Im not in a position to buy right now (newly married, like to change locations every 2 years) etc.

Sinfix_15
09-25-2014, 07:49 PM
I have a neighbor that owns over 30 rental houses and I have been learning from him. The number one rule is ask them where they are currently renting and go and look at the place and talk to their current landlord. That will tell you a lot.

I would just ask them if they voted for Obama. If they answer yes, declined.

bu villain
10-02-2014, 03:06 PM
That sucks for your mom. Sounds like her emotions overrode her business sense. Otherwise, I doubt she would have rented to a couple who are unemployed and one of them admits to being depressed.

bu villain
10-02-2014, 03:48 PM
Btw, good for you on resisting the urge to bring race into this. Hopefully it's because you realized it simply isn't relevant.

Sinfix_15
10-03-2014, 11:28 AM
Btw, good for you on resisting the urge to bring race into this. Hopefully it's because you realized it simply isn't relevant.
No doubt bro. Im down with the politically correct movement that defies all logic in order to ignore statistical trends and patterns.

Sinfix_15
10-03-2014, 11:36 AM
That sucks for your mom. Sounds like her emotions overrode her business sense. Otherwise, I doubt she would have rented to a couple who are unemployed and one of them admits to being depressed.

My mom is the type of person who would help anyone.

bu villain
10-06-2014, 02:30 PM
My mom is the type of person who would help anyone.

So you take after your dad then?

bu villain
10-06-2014, 02:35 PM
No doubt bro. Im down with the politically correct movement that defies all logic in order to ignore statistical trends and patterns.

If by political correctness, you mean treating people with dignity and respect instead of a statistical trend or pattern then I'm totally with you bro.

Sinfix_15
10-06-2014, 05:46 PM
So you take after your dad then?

Showering me with compliments today.

My mom learned her lesson.

ISAtlanta300
10-09-2014, 11:28 AM
Jim Diamond-I Should Have Known Better with Subtitles - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2x8PLjvmiIw)

bu villain
10-09-2014, 03:27 PM
Showering me with compliments today.

My mom learned her lesson.

I realize tone doesn't get conveyed via text. I was just joking. I am sorry for your mom.

Sinfix_15
10-09-2014, 07:22 PM
I realize tone doesn't get conveyed via text. I was just joking. I am sorry for your mom.

Thats how i recieved it.

Anyways.... new carpet, paint and furniture, been running an air purifier 24/7.....

No longer smells like ass and feet. At the time i felt bad that ole buddy got hurt, now i wish it had been a lot worse. I had not seen the inside of the house at that time.