PDA

View Full Version : 90 240sx coupe. Crank but wont start up.

alieyuyang88
07-11-2014, 12:00 AM
Cars been parked and I would crank it every now and then. After a few start ups rpm starts to lag and shut off. Crank it again and it won't start. Cranks but wont start up. Help me out fellas. :???:

Sinfix_15
07-11-2014, 07:08 AM
Cars been parked and I would crank it every now and then. After a few start ups rpm starts to lag and shut off. Crank it again and it won't start. Cranks but wont start up. Help me out fellas. :???:

Need more info, but ill give you a few places to start.

If its bad gas, add a couple bottles of "heet" to the tank to dry up the water. They sell it at autozone. Let it sit overnight, add some good gas and try it. If its flooding, pull your fuel pump fuse and turn the car over for 10-20 seconds. Put the fuse back in and try again. If its acting like it wants to run. Rinse and repeat. Change the fuel filter and try again.When its running, run out all the gas.

That doesnt work, check the spark plugs. If your plugs have oil on them, your tube seals are bad. Get a valve cover gasket and change everything out. It comes with tube seals.

If that doesnt work, take off your distributor cap and see if it has oil in it. Oil faults the cam position sensor. Clean it with brake cleaner and try again.

If that doesnt work, change the crank position sensor. Its $20 and takes 3 minutes.

Why did the car stop running? How long was it parked? Can you hear your fuel pump? What do your spark plugs look like?

scarimports
07-30-2014, 07:58 PM
Some great advice already just an extra one if you are still having no luck,i had a similar issue with my s13 and it turned out to be damp in the fuel pump connector