PDA

View Full Version : hondata-govenor question

AnthonyF
04-05-2005, 07:38 PM
Well....my car stock i could get to 121, so after a bunch of mods hopin around 130..but i got stuck right in the middle at 125. Who knew honda would throw in govenor at 125. Anyways...can a Hondata override that?

and i do not know everything about turbos, so when/if I turbo my car, how does a turbo timer work? Or, more in specific what is it wired to? does it run in the computer? If i boost my pos, i want everything correct so I do not ruin anything. thanks for the help.

o yea, I have a 1998 Ex

speedminded
04-05-2005, 10:41 PM
Well....my car stock i could get to 121, so after a bunch of mods hopin around 130..but i got stuck right in the middle at 125. Who knew honda would throw in govenor at 125. Anyways...can a Hondata override that?

and i do not know everything about turbos, so when/if I turbo my car, how does a turbo timer work? Or, more in specific what is it wired to? does it run in the computer? If i boost my pos, i want everything correct so I do not ruin anything. thanks for the help.

o yea, I have a 1998 Exlol, now i know the point at which i can beat you....i've had mine up to 135-140. I don't see a point in it unless you're on a track though.

AnthonyF
04-06-2005, 05:48 AM
if I was reaching 125 before the endo of a 1/4 mile, i'd be really frustrated. But I am about to purchase a turbo so i need something to piggy back off my stock ecu.

also anyone-how hard is it to change my 1998 OBDII ECU to an OBDI? Thanks

speedminded
04-06-2005, 07:02 AM
OBDIIa to OBD1 conversion harness, $50-100 and an OBD1 ECU.

AnthonyF
04-06-2005, 06:46 PM
do they make a hondata for an OBDII ECU? And how hard is it to convert an OBDII to a OBDI? well not really converting, but just changin them out.

speedminded
04-06-2005, 06:50 PM
do they make a hondata for an OBDII ECU? And how hard is it to convert an OBDII to a OBDI? well not really converting, but just changin them out.can't chip OBDII...converting to OBDI is really simple, just need the conversion harness and the ecu...basically plug and play but to tune you'll need an O2 bung welded on to get the A/F right....and a pocketfull of cash for the dyno. Apparently Batlground has a special on it right now too...