PDA

View Full Version : March 15th meetup and ride

redrumracer
03-01-2014, 10:44 PM
https://www.facebook.com/events/456456407788744

Im not chase nor ramekin but figured some of yall might be interested in going.

for those that dont like clicking links
Chase and I really wanted to come up with something fun for all of us to do as a first ride to kick off the riding season right. This year, the first meetup will be a Brasstown Bald trip. Below is all the information you will need. Please read all of it!

Trip Details:
Everyone will meet at the Tilted Kilt on Saturday, March 15th, 2014 at 11am for lunch. The address is:
3480 Financial Center Way
Buford, GA 30519
(678) 482-5545

After we eat, we will head out to Mountain Fresh Creamery located at:
Mountain Fresh Creamery
6615 Cleveland Hwy
Clermont, GA 30527
(770) 983-1666

We will stop and get some ice cream, and hang out for a bit. This is about an hour ride from the Tilted Kilt. After we leave here, you will have two options. Either to continue with the group to Brasstown Bald, or head home. If you continue to Brasstown Bald, keep in mind there will be some very fun, but windy roads!

Once we leave there, the next stop will be at the Tuner’s Corner General Store in Cleveland, GA:
13870 Hwy. 19 N.
Cleveland, GA 30528
(706) 865-0344

We will all gas up at this location before making the last leg to Brasstown Bald. From here, you will have two options. Either go up blood mountain, or go through wolf pen gap. Wolf pen gap is a more technical road. After that, the final destination will be at Brasstown Bald.

There will be 3 leaders wearing neon yellow high vis shirts. Please be sure to keep your eye on your group leader so that you do not get lost. If anyone has a truck and wants to volunteer to be a chase truck to help any bikers that might crash, please let me know by replying to this email.

It costs $5 to park at Brasstown bald. So be sure to have $5 in cash on you. You can either choose to ride the bus up to the top of the mountain, or take a mile hike. I usually take the hike as it’s a bit more scenic.

After this, everyone can hang out before heading home. We will be giving away a couple of prizes this meetup too! Important links are below.

If you plan on attending, please say you are going on the FB page so we can try to get an accurate head count. If you have friends coming with you, please have them say they are going on the FB page as well so that we can keep the count accurate!
FaceBook Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/456456407788744

Please print off your rider card below. Cell reception doesn’t always work, and it’s best to have directions just in case! I have two rider cards, depending on if you decide to take the wolf pen gap route or not.
Rider Card: http://iamramek.in/ridercard/blood_mountain_route.pdf
Wolf Pen Gap Rider Card: http://iamramek.in/ridercard/wolf_pen_gap_route.pdf

If you have any questions, please email me and I will do my best to give you an answer. Below is some information on Brasstown Bald.
---
Brasstown Bald, (also known as Enotah) is the highest mountain in the state of Georgia. The Southern terminus of the Appalachian Trail is little more than 30 miles southwest of Brasstown Bald at Springer Mountain. For armchair hikers, the mountain is accessible via a 1/2 mile paved trail to the summit, but longer trails are available (see "Trails to the summit" section). Brasstown Bald is not far from the North Carolina border, and lies in the heart of the Southern Appalachian Mountain chain. It is about an hour and a half north of Atlanta, but on a good night, you will find some of the clearest, and greatest viewpoints of the stars in the entire country. The area is most beautiful in late fall and early winter. In January of 2002, I found the summit to rival Glacier National Park in Montana in the majesty of its night sky!

No matter how you hike it, this is one of the most enjoyable Eastern U.S. highpoints. A large summit tower provides 360 degree panoramic views of the surrounding mountains, which are quite impressive, rising upwards of 2,500 feet from the surrounding valley and towns. Because of its proximity to the Appalachian trail, it makes an excellent side trip for a multi-day hike in the area.

00CelicaGT
03-02-2014, 05:26 PM
This is gonna be a fun trip, too bad I'll be turkey hunting that weekend. Have fun to those that go and ride safe.