PDA

View Full Version : Importatlanta NFL Offseason Thread

Vteckidd
02-03-2014, 10:48 AM
COME HITHER.

Does TEBOW have a job next year? Does NE get better weapons? Does Peyton Retire?

Sammich
02-03-2014, 11:55 AM
Will Ken Wisenhunt be a good head coach? Will we drop Ryan Fitzpatrick and sign Josh McCown? Will we draft some great great LBs?! QTNA

Julio
02-03-2014, 04:26 PM
Seattle should repeat easy.. But some good teams next year.. Cardinals, Panthers, Niners.. Green Bay should be a force.. If Payton doesn't retire, watch him continue to choke.. NE will have a good season, but not sure if able to win SB.. Will know as years progresses.. Maybe they pick up some surprises.

Vteckidd
02-03-2014, 05:34 PM
NE will have to have arguably their best drafting class ever, and Gronk will have to stay healthy all year.

2 things im not sure can be done.

Sinfix_15
02-03-2014, 11:32 PM
seahawks vs pats sb49
panthers fall back to earth
49ers get old
chiefs run it back
peyton looks his age
eli returns to the playoffs
rg3 still sucks
tebow back in the nfl playing qb for the raiders, titans or bills

Sammich
02-04-2014, 06:59 AM
seahawks vs pats sb49
panthers fall back to earth
49ers get old
chiefs run it back
peyton looks his age
eli returns to the playoffs
rg3 still sucks
tebow back in the nfl playing qb for the raiders, titans or bills

he will never QB for the titans, quit the bullshit

Sammich
02-04-2014, 06:59 AM
Seattle should repeat easy.. But some good teams next year.. Cardinals, Panthers, Niners.. Green Bay should be a force.. If Payton doesn't retire, watch him continue to choke.. NE will have a good season, but not sure if able to win SB.. Will know as years progresses.. Maybe they pick up some surprises.

alot of Seattle will be hitting FA soon...i wonder if they can repeat. they will definitely still be a problem in the NFL for a decent amount of time regardless. i can about guarantee if Lynch's contract is almost up, they will be working on another contract

Vteckidd
02-04-2014, 09:45 AM
Lynch is signed through 2015 or 2016. He signed a 4 year deal in 2012, but, I heard somewhere that his cap hit would be huge, and that he may be asked to restructure. If he wont then Seattle could cut him. Now, after being SB champs, I dont think theyll cut him. Hes too valuable.
Golden Tate is a FA
Doug Baldwin is a FA

Everyone else is pretty much locked up. RW and RSherm wont get contracts for 1 more year IIRC.

IF Seattle gets a decent WR to compliment Harvin, (Remember they will get Sidney Rice back).

Im going to go 49ers vs NE in SB49. I just know how hard it is to repeat in the SB, I trust Harbaugh. 49ers were the better team for 98% of that NFC Championship game. They wont make that mistake again. IF they retain Boldin and can have a full season with Crabtree healthy, I like them.

NFC South:
Saints fall
Panthers Rise
Falcons miss the playoffs with a 10 win season

Around the League:
Packers become relevant again
Bears have a great season until Cutler gets hurt..........again
Lions rebound
Houston rights the ship, them and Indy battle it out for taht division

BOLD PREDICTION:
SEATTLE DOESNT MAKE THE PLAYOFFS. Arizona and St Louis are right there. Someone in that division is due for a HUGE Upset

Vteckidd
02-04-2014, 09:47 AM
RG3 still sucks, and Kirk Cousins goes to CLE to be with Kyle O'Shanahan and becomes the MVP

Sammich
02-04-2014, 10:27 AM
for them to sit Lynch at the end of the SUPERBOWL!!!...they wont cut him, i can damn near promise that, he'll be there and i doubt they'll ask him to restructure, he has no reason to, he's been solid since the day he's been in a Seahawks jersey.

I see the saints falling if they lose Jimmy Graham...but they definitely need a franchise RB..they need to draft a RB and use one/two of their current 3 rb rotation in trades IMO.

it's hard for me to see 49ers topping seahawks still..while comparable, i think seahawks defense is just more stout and they will have more offense weapons..like u said harvin and rice are gonna be on the outside, not to mention i'm sure they'll pick up a WR in like the 3rd/4th round

i got confidence in RGIII as long as the new coach gets him some help on the OL.

Vteckidd
02-04-2014, 11:13 AM
Jimmy Graham will be in a Saints uniform, they are Franchising him, so he has to stay

Cmon Sammich, make a BOLD PREDICTION, something crazy, but could be true. DO IT.

Sammich
02-04-2014, 11:49 AM
bold prediction....rams and 49ers duke it out in the playoffs and rams succeed...

Vteckidd
02-04-2014, 04:58 PM
Larry Fitzgerald officially OFF THE BOARD. Staying in AZ, restructured his deal

Larry Fitzgerald Restructures Contract (http://www.azcardinals.com/news-and-events/article-2/Larry-Fitzgerald-Restructures-Contract/48be1c9e-e595-4df7-93b0-d665a12c3ccf)

Sinfix_15
02-04-2014, 06:33 PM
he will never QB for the titans, quit the bullshit

were talkin about a team that finished the season with noodle arm fitzpaddy at qb.

Sinfix_15
02-04-2014, 06:43 PM
blaming the oline for a mobile qb's failure is football's "its all Bush's fault"

same oline that blocked for vick blocked for foles.
same oline that blocked for tebow blocked for peyton.

Julio
02-04-2014, 07:01 PM
alot of Seattle will be hitting FA soon...i wonder if they can repeat. they will definitely still be a problem in the NFL for a decent amount of time regardless. i can about guarantee if Lynch's contract is almost up, they will be working on another contract

Lynch has a couple of years or so.. Even if they lose, I think Baldwin and a couple of more. Is not that serious with their youth.. Rice will be back too.

Top 4 teams next year will probably the last 4saw in the playoffs..

1- Seahawks
2- Niners
3- Denver - With Payton
4- NE..

:)

Watch out for GB.

Julio
02-04-2014, 07:02 PM
Jaguars make the playoff.. :rolleyes:
And the falcons win the Super Bowl :lmfao:

Sammich
02-05-2014, 08:07 AM
were talkin about a team that finished the season with noodle arm fitzpaddy at qb.

you talking like the draft isnt full of great prospects at QB. smh

Lynch has a couple of years or so.. Even if they lose, I think Baldwin and a couple of more. Is not that serious with their youth.. Rice will be back too.

Top 4 teams next year will probably the last 4saw in the playoffs..

1- Seahawks
2- Niners
3- Denver - With Payton
4- NE..

:)

Watch out for GB.

i really dont think denver will be in the final rounds of playoffs next year..something tells me that they will be knocked out in, at the latest, the 2nd round

Vteckidd
02-05-2014, 08:31 AM
Well I think Denver wins their division , so , They will be second round by default. I still think its Broncos vs NE in an AFC rematch

Sammich
02-05-2014, 09:17 AM
Well I think Denver wins their division , so , They will be second round by default. I still think its Broncos vs NE in an AFC rematch

be interesting to see what the chargers do this year..

Vteckidd
02-05-2014, 10:08 AM
Chargers, they are interesting. They are one of those teams like the Bengals, so close , have all the pieces. never get over the hump.

Sammich
02-05-2014, 12:41 PM
i was really waiting to the Bengals to go the distance...i almost wanna say the issue is Dalton, but i'm not sure

i love their defense...i also love the Seahawks defense..been fighting not becoming a fan for a while, this superbowl didnt help

BanginJimmy
02-05-2014, 05:59 PM
I will stick with Seattle right now because they are the hot team.

Sydney Rice is gone. Either by trade or he will be cut. The cap hit is too big and they dont need him. They can easily replace him with a draft pick for 1/10th of the price.

I see no other big time roster moves unless they lose player to free agency.

Seattle Seahawks Player Contracts, Salaries, & Transactions (http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/seattle-seahawks/)

Here is their salary situation. Next year's cap is expected to be about 126.5ml.

Sinfix_15
02-05-2014, 10:30 PM
you talking like the draft isnt full of great prospects at QB. smh

i really dont think denver will be in the final rounds of playoffs next year..something tells me that they will be knocked out in, at the latest, the 2nd round

this isnt a great qb draft class. wise teams are gonna draft defense.

Sinfix_15
02-05-2014, 10:33 PM
seahawks will be better this year. not losing anyone important and will have harvin back. if harvin stays healthy, hes a top 5 offensive player

Sammich
02-06-2014, 07:22 AM
this isnt a great qb draft class. wise teams are gonna draft defense.

you really arent bright to think that this QB draft class isnt better than tebow. smh

Vteckidd
02-06-2014, 10:40 AM
you really arent bright to think that this QB draft class isnt better than tebow. smh

Theres no standout QB imo. There is some good prospects. Im not 100% sold like i was with Luck and RG3(i still believe in RG3s talent not his IQ).

Vteckidd
02-06-2014, 10:41 AM
I will stick with Seattle right now because they are the hot team.

Sydney Rice is gone. Either by trade or he will be cut. The cap hit is too big and they dont need him. They can easily replace him with a draft pick for 1/10th of the price.

I see no other big time roster moves unless they lose player to free agency.

Seattle Seahawks Player Contracts, Salaries, & Transactions (http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/seattle-seahawks/)

Here is their salary situation. Next year's cap is expected to be about 126.5ml.

Agreed, thats why its a BOLD prediction :P

I still think Niners were a better team.

Sinfix_15
02-06-2014, 12:14 PM

on paper, no college qb ever entered the draft with better numbers than tebow. tebow's qbr was better than luck's.

moving on..... i wasnt comparing this class to tebow, just saying that this is a mediocre class. only qb im excited to see drafted is manziel

theres no luck, manning or matt ryan in this draft....... theres a few "tebows" tho

Vteckidd
02-06-2014, 12:23 PM
To be fair, Tebow was thought to go in the later 2-3-4th rounds because no one thought his arm was good enough. No one drafted him as a starting QB.

People seem to think Bordels, Bridgewater, Manziel are day 1 starters

Sinfix_15
02-06-2014, 12:39 PM
To be fair, Tebow was thought to go in the later 2-3-4th rounds because no one thought his arm was good enough. No one drafted him as a starting QB.

People seem to think Bordels, Bridgewater, Manziel are day 1 starters

no doubt, but based on the eye test, not stats. the same eye test that said ryan leaf and peyton manning were a coin flip. just making a point thst i see no sure shot in this draft.

if not for peyton, tebow might be doing alright with that now loaded broncos team.

Sinfix_15
02-06-2014, 12:43 PM
i really really really want to see manziel go #1. rare chance for a top qb prospect to go to a good team that is playoof ready. usually the 1st pick is a garbage team

Sammich
02-06-2014, 02:01 PM
there's no way in hell i'd take tebow over a draft pick, i'd rather Fitz start

Vteckidd
02-06-2014, 02:43 PM
no doubt, but based on the eye test, not stats. the same eye test that said ryan leaf and peyton manning were a coin flip. just making a point thst i see no sure shot in this draft.

if not for peyton, tebow might be doing alright with that now loaded broncos team.

i agree with you. I hope tebow gets another LEGIT shot. Not a gimmick like NY JEts

Sinfix_15
02-06-2014, 04:24 PM
there's no way in hell i'd take tebow over a draft pick, i'd rather Fitz start
fitz is the least physically talented qb to ever play in the NFL.

Vteckidd
02-06-2014, 04:38 PM
Recent news on Tony Gonzalez - Atlanta Falcons - Rotoworld.com (http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nfl/1331/tony-gonzalez)

SHOTS FIRED. Come to NE GONZO

Sammich
02-07-2014, 07:24 AM
fitz is the least physically talented qb to ever play in the NFL.

LMFAO what?!?!? You gotta lay off the acid

Sammich
02-07-2014, 07:25 AM
Recent news on Tony Gonzalez - Atlanta Falcons - Rotoworld.com (http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nfl/1331/tony-gonzalez)

SHOTS FIRED. Come to NE GONZO

that'd be a bomb ass TE for Brady to throw to...that means that a first round draft pick would more than likely be used on a WR

Sinfix_15
02-07-2014, 10:37 PM
LMFAO what?!?!? You gotta lay off the acid

were talking about a qb whos nickname is noodle arm. fitz is a harvard qb, he scored a 50 on the wonderlic test, his role on any given team is to run the practice squad and remember the plays in case of an emergency. he has no physical talent at all. He wouldnt have the strongest arm in a women's league.

Sammich
02-10-2014, 07:40 AM
opinions are like assholes

BanginJimmy
02-18-2014, 10:08 PM
i really really really want to see manziel go #1. rare chance for a top qb prospect to go to a good team that is playoof ready. usually the 1st pick is a garbage team

If he is a day 1 starter, he is a day 1 flop. He doesnt have the maturity to run an NFL huddle. I wont even get into the locker room right now. If you need an example to work off of, look at Jamarcus Russel. Supremely talented, but not mature enough to handle it. The only thing Manziel has going for him is that he shouldnt get too wrapped up in the money. He grew up with big time oil money.

i agree with you. I hope tebow gets another LEGIT shot. Not a gimmick like NY JEts

No chance in hell he gets another chance before midseason as an emergency QB on a beat up team. Too many kids coming out of college doing everything he can do, but doing it better.

Sammich
02-19-2014, 08:32 AM
No chance in hell he gets another chance before midseason as an emergency QB on a beat up team. Too many kids coming out of college doing everything he can do, but doing it better.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!

Vteckidd
02-19-2014, 09:23 AM
Titans committed to locker .....

Sammich
02-19-2014, 02:30 PM
i wouldnt say committed..this is his last year before we have to pay him big dollars. if he doesnt get through a full season for one, and two, produce like he did last year before getting hurt, he's out, i know it. he's on the chopping block, believe that. i just hope we keep CJ, i think in Ken's game plan, he's going to return to form and be used optimally, like he complained about at the end of the season

Sinfix_15
02-19-2014, 02:33 PM
is wilson the first black qb to win superbowl??

Sammich
02-19-2014, 02:39 PM
if he's black, and that's so, does that upset you?

Sammich
02-19-2014, 02:44 PM
he was the second, according to huffington post:

Russell Wilson Becomes Second African-American QB to Win Super BowlL|LDexter Rogers (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dexter-rogers/russell-wilson-becomes-se_b_4719940.html)

Sinfix_15
02-19-2014, 03:03 PM
if he's black, and that's so, does that upset you?

why would u ask a dumbshit question like that?

i like russell wilson, he's a stand up guy. deserves a lot more attention than he gets.

i didnt think about that till just now when i saw a guy wearing his jersey

Sammich
02-19-2014, 03:43 PM
because of...nah nevermind it seems like all of that has calmed down. but i never even thought about 'first black qb to win a SB' until you mentioned it..just proud of the seahawks as a team

Sinfix_15
02-19-2014, 07:02 PM
because of...nah nevermind it seems like all of that has calmed down. but i never even thought about 'first black qb to win a SB' until you mentioned it..just proud of the seahawks as a team

im happy for percy harvin.

rest of the seahawks... meh. im a fan of wilson the person, but not so much as a qb

Sammich
02-20-2014, 06:59 AM
how can you not be happy for the seahawks...it's a team of underrated misfits w/ basic contracts that beat the supposed best team in the NFL?! they've been developing that team strong for like 3-4 years

Vteckidd
02-20-2014, 10:06 AM
Titans released a statement saying that Locker was their guy. Take it for what its worth.

I hate the seahawks except that they beat manning :P

Sinfix_15
02-20-2014, 10:07 AM
how can you not be happy for the seahawks...it's a team of underrated misfits w/ basic contracts that beat the supposed best team in the NFL?! they've been developing that team strong for like 3-4 years

man from the south cant be rootin for those northwest yuppies. i mostly pull for just gators..... with a few exceptions for greatness like Tom Brady, Rice, Steve Young...

visit gville, youll get it

Sammich
02-20-2014, 12:35 PM
Titans released a statement saying that Locker was their guy. Take it for what its worth.

i stick by what i said about locker...he's a good QB, but fragile, he's gotta prove his durability. i bet if he gets injured this year (not based on production, just durability) he wont be w/ the titans next year.

man from the south cant be rootin for those northwest yuppies. i mostly pull for just gators..... with a few exceptions for greatness like Tom Brady, Rice, Steve Young...

visit gville, youll get it

to each their own, i dont hate the seahawks..i like a team that's grinded from the bottom of nobodys to make it to the top, and i love their defense

Echonova
02-24-2014, 04:33 PM
NFL expected to adopt 15-yard penalty for use of N-word on the field - NY Daily News (http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/nfl-expected-adopt-15-yard-penalty-n-word-article-1.1698783)

Vteckidd
02-24-2014, 05:57 PM
Not sure what they will accomplish with it, why just teh N Word? Why not Faggot or motherfucker, or son of a bitch?

Sammich
02-25-2014, 06:38 AM
#QTNA because i dont understand it...gonna be alot of free yardage. SMH...he's worried about the n word and not dealing w/ more crucial things that need to be dealt with

Sinfix_15
02-25-2014, 09:49 AM
#QTNA because i dont understand it...gonna be alot of free yardage. SMH...he's worried about the n word and not dealing w/ more crucial things that need to be dealt with

making political statements is more important than actually fixing issues

the world doesnt have the balls to address its real problems, so everyone hides behind small politically correct statements like this.

Sinfix_15
02-25-2014, 09:53 AM
Not sure what they will accomplish with it, why just teh N Word? Why not Faggot or motherfucker, or son of a bitch?

because those words arent politically supercharged like the n word.

Vteckidd
02-25-2014, 10:19 AM

I think with the Incognito-Martin report coming out, they are moving to try and clean up the image but this is just a stupid knee jerk reaction IMO.

Now here are my thoughts:
The N-Word does have 2 meanings, like or not.

Skip Bayless talks about the HARD "ER" version which to me is the most vile, horrible, disgusting word in the dictionary/english language. To that effect, I am pretty sure if anyone had the balls to use the HARD "ER" version on the field, the players would police themselves. You think if Gronkowski looked at Richerd Sherman and called him the HARD "ER" word he wouldnt get LIT UP at some point in the game?

Then there is the soft "GA" version of the word. Where people use it as a term of endearment, to their buddies and friends of the same ethnicity.

Now, im not black (I KNOW, SHOCKER!) but, Im not going to sit here and tell a group of people , whose race was persecuted not that long ago, that they cant use a certain word that was vile and disgusting, and turn it into a joke / funny greeting to use amongst each other. Im not black, I cant comment on black racial issues. And again, im pretty sure if a white player used the soft "GA" toward a black player on the field, it would police itself.

Now, personally, i think for the sake of the black races future, they need to determine that the word shouldnt be used at all. Because its hard to say that the word is offensive when your race overwhelmingly glorifies people who use it in a way to depict violence and malice toward each other. I think the black race would be better served to have a united front and say "This word will no longer be tolerated"

Thats my opinion

Sinfix_15
02-25-2014, 10:48 AM
why do you believe one derogatory term is more vile than another?

Sinfix_15
02-25-2014, 10:59 AM
with the 1st pick in the draft the houston texans select......

offensive tackle from auburn...

Vteckidd
02-25-2014, 11:32 AM
why do you believe one derogatory term is more vile than another?

2 different words, although the softer version has the root of the more vile one.

Its like the word bitches. If i say "Man, you a BAD BITCH" im probably getting slapped by a woman. But I have seen women refer to each other as "man your my bitch!" or "Bitches night out!"

Now, bitches is not a racial term used to depict slavery and injustice.

Do you not believe that :
A white man calling a black man the HARD ER word is totally different than
2 black men seeing each other saying hello and saying "what up my" SOFT GA word?

I think its pretty accepted its 2 meanings.

I think the black community is totally divided on it as well because old school people like Jason Whitlock and others shame the black community for using the soft NA word. The younger generation is what really fueled and pushed that version, until they are told its not cool, they will continue to use it

Sammich
02-25-2014, 11:53 AM
I think with the Incognito-Martin report coming out, they are moving to try and clean up the image but this is just a stupid knee jerk reaction IMO.

Now here are my thoughts:
The N-Word does have 2 meanings, like or not.

Skip Bayless talks about the HARD "ER" version which to me is the most vile, horrible, disgusting word in the dictionary/english language. To that effect, I am pretty sure if anyone had the balls to use the HARD "ER" version on the field, the players would police themselves. You think if Gronkowski looked at Richerd Sherman and called him the HARD "ER" word he wouldnt get LIT UP at some point in the game?

Then there is the soft "GA" version of the word. Where people use it as a term of endearment, to their buddies and friends of the same ethnicity.

Now, im not black (I KNOW, SHOCKER!) but, Im not going to sit here and tell a group of people , whose race was persecuted not that long ago, that they cant use a certain word that was vile and disgusting, and turn it into a joke / funny greeting to use amongst each other. Im not black, I cant comment on black racial issues. And again, im pretty sure if a white player used the soft "GA" toward a black player on the field, it would police itself.

Now, personally, i think for the sake of the black races future, they need to determine that the word shouldnt be used at all. Because its hard to say that the word is offensive when your race overwhelmingly glorifies people who use it in a way to depict violence and malice toward each other. I think the black race would be better served to have a united front and say "This word will no longer be tolerated"

Thats my opinion

you hit the nail on the head in every aspect man. much respect!!!! sounds like you've been listening to both sides and understand what we are saying, and yet also make the valid point that if we want others to stop saying it we should ourselves. which i agree w/...i've been to the point where i got so fed up i stopped saying it and anytime someone (anyone) around me said it, i'd be pissed and off my rocker..then i got to realize i'm getting pissy about a word. yes, it is degrading in alot of aspects, but i gave up letting that word get to me. i have way more bigger issues to deal with than to stress about a 5 (to 6) letter word let me get upset, no matter who says it.

Sinfix_15
02-25-2014, 12:14 PM
2 different words, although the softer version has the root of the more vile one.

Its like the word bitches. If i say "Man, you a BAD BITCH" im probably getting slapped by a woman. But I have seen women refer to each other as "man your my bitch!" or "Bitches night out!"

Now, bitches is not a racial term used to depict slavery and injustice.

Do you not believe that :
A white man calling a black man the HARD ER word is totally different than
2 black men seeing each other saying hello and saying "what up my" SOFT GA word?

I think its pretty accepted its 2 meanings.

I think the black community is totally divided on it as well because old school people like Jason Whitlock and others shame the black community for using the soft NA word. The younger generation is what really fueled and pushed that version, until they are told its not cool, they will continue to use it

im asking why derogatory racial terms directed at one race are more vile than those directed at another race.

i dont think black people deserve any special treatment over any other race. i see no need to single out any specific derogatory term.

nfl policy should be the same as any other work place policy. if you cant say it to your coworker at bestbuy, you shouldnt be able to say it to another player.

Sinfix_15
02-25-2014, 12:31 PM
or...... everyone can quit being politically correct pussies and get over it. why do people care so much about trivial things???

Vteckidd
02-25-2014, 02:25 PM
i dont think black people deserve any special treatment over any other race. i see no need to single out any specific derogatory term.

nfl policy should be the same as any other work place policy. if you cant say it to your coworker at bestbuy, you shouldnt be able to say it to another player.

Im pretty sure "Faggot" is in the same realm as the HARD "ER" N - Word , not quite the same, but close.

Gays were not tortured and enslaved for generations at the extent African Americans were, thats just historical fact. Gays have been persecuted but not even in the same arena as African Americans. Cmon, lets just be honest here.

The reason we are focusing on the "N" WOrd is because of the Richie Icognito incident, soon, I suspect the Gay Slur will also be for discussion considering Michael Sam will be drafted

Sinfix_15
02-25-2014, 02:39 PM
Im pretty sure "Faggot" is in the same realm as the HARD "ER" N - Word , not quite the same, but close.

Gays were not tortured and enslaved for generations at the extent African Americans were, thats just historical fact. Gays have been persecuted but not even in the same arena as African Americans. Cmon, lets just be honest here.

The reason we are focusing on the "N" WOrd is because of the Richie Icognito incident, soon, I suspect the Gay Slur will also be for discussion considering Michael Sam will be drafted

every race has been enslaved and/or tortured, homosexuality is still punishable by death in some areas of the world, some races are still experiencing genocide in some parts of the world....

so tell me again why black issues are at the forefront of every racial conversation. why? because pf a strong political push and because there's profit in the civil rights BUSINESS. America is the best place on earth for ANY race to live. i dont feel sorry for any "oppressed" group here.

slavery isnt a black thing or an American thing. This move by the NFL is the product of a racially obsessed administration pressuring the media to champion thier cause, nothing more.

Vteckidd
02-25-2014, 02:56 PM
A black player was called the N WORD by a white guy and that made him to feel like he was being bullied in the work place. Its racial at its core?

Riley Cooper chose to deal with a black security guard by yelling "i will fight every one of you SLUR" They are coming off 2 pretty highly reported incidents where their players are using racial slurs off the field, it makes sense they would outlaw it ON the field.

I do not think Obama has anything to do with the NFL.

I just dont think any rationale human being can say that any other race suffered MORE than the African American race at its peak of slavery. Sorry, i dont read history books talking about Gays being lynched and hung in front yards, or their wives being raped in front of their husbands. Or being considered 3/5ths of a person for voting purposes. or gays being required to use different bathrooms or water fountains.

its because being GAY isnt a RACIAL issue mainly, its not civil rights related IMO.

That doesnt mean the NFL shouldnt try to protect its image and take a huge step forward

Sinfix_15
02-25-2014, 03:16 PM
A black player was called the N WORD by a white guy and that made him to feel like he was being bullied in the work place. Its racial at its core?

Riley Cooper chose to deal with a black security guard by yelling "i will fight every one of you SLUR" They are coming off 2 pretty highly reported incidents where their players are using racial slurs off the field, it makes sense they would outlaw it ON the field.

I do not think Obama has anything to do with the NFL.

I just dont think any rationale human being can say that any other race suffered MORE than the African American race at its peak of slavery. Sorry, i dont read history books talking about Gays being lynched and hung in front yards, or their wives being raped in front of their husbands. Or being considered 3/5ths of a person for voting purposes. or gays being required to use different bathrooms or water fountains.

its because being GAY isnt a RACIAL issue mainly, its not civil rights related IMO.

That doesnt mean the NFL shouldnt try to protect its image and take a huge step forward

wow.... might want to freshen up your world history. if you think the "african american experience" is the worst in world history, you need to take another look at world history.

lynching is humane compared to some mistreatments throughout history. how are burnings, crucifictions and beheadings so easily forgotten. You think rape and sex slaves is something exclusive to one race????? i find a massive amount of irony in that one. yeah..... not sharing water fountains was pretty horrible..... much worse than others who didnt want to share... well, the planet.

Sinfix_15
02-25-2014, 03:19 PM
theres things happening TODAY that are worse than america's history.

Sinfix_15
02-25-2014, 03:48 PM
America's moral debts have been paid x10. its time to let go of the bitterness and/or shame towards the past. these words carry only the power we give them.

if the nfl really cared they would ban criminals, wife beater, drunk drivers ect...... the idea of a morality driven nfl is laughable. this is a political move.

Vteckidd
02-25-2014, 04:09 PM
wow.... might want to freshen up your world history. if you think the "african american experience" is the worst in world history, you need to take another look at world history.

lynching is humane compared to some mistreatments throughout history. how are burnings, crucifictions and beheadings so easily forgotten. You think rape and sex slaves is something exclusive to one race????? i find a massive amount of irony in that one. yeah..... not sharing water fountains was pretty horrible..... much worse than others who didnt want to share... well, the planet.

agree to disagree. Thats all i can really say as im not turning the NFL season into politics :P

In closing, Looks like the Pats are going to pass on a TE in the first round I hear, they arent inpressed with the combine workouts so they are thinking they might be there in the later rounds......

Vteckidd
02-25-2014, 04:11 PM

American history, sorry, African Americans and Native Americans were treated the worst. I tend to side with the African Americans being the worst in recent years (past 100).

Not speaking on world history, just American. NFL is not a WORLD SPORT

Sinfix_15
02-25-2014, 04:20 PM
i hope the pats draft purifoy. hes a mean physical db with good measurables.

Vteckidd
02-25-2014, 04:21 PM
i hope the pats draft purifoy. hes a mean physical db with good measurables.

Think we trade Mallet for a 2nd rounder? I dont think teams will do it. Draft is too good this year.

Love to see us draft AJ MCarron

Sinfix_15
02-25-2014, 04:47 PM
i dont see a Mallet trade happening. hes not valuable enough to trade the time invested in him. pats need to focus on "win now" moves and give Brady the most talent possible for his last 2-3 years.

BanginJimmy
02-25-2014, 09:36 PM
Love to see us draft AJ MCarron

Pat could wait until the 4th round and still have a QB that has a better chance in the pros than McCarron. A shot list of his shortcomings include all the things you NEED to have in the NFL. Things like anticipation, arm strength, pocket presence. In a lot of way McCarron is likely to be a victim of the success around him. Those great O lines gave him a clean pocket to throw out of. Very good WR's and RB's let him take a lot of chances on dangerous throws that ended up working out.

i dont see a Mallet trade happening. hes not valuable enough to trade the time invested in him. pats need to focus on "win now" moves and give Brady the most talent possible for his last 2-3 years.

I see it happening for the same reason you stated. If the Pats want a legitimate shot at another SB in the Brady era, they need talent now. In a draft as deep as this one, if they can get a 2nd rounder and third rounder for Mallett and a 5th, I think they jump on it.

Pats dont have the talent to make a run without Brady at QB so if he goes down, the quality of the backup QB isnt really an issue. Look for Sydney Rice to show up at Gillette here in the next few weeks, at least for a talk.

Vteckidd
03-03-2014, 04:44 PM
BOLDIN OFF THE BOARD. signs 2 year deal with Niners.

WRs that are gone/recommitted:
Maclin - 1 year deal
Fitzy
Boldin
Riley Cooper

Rumors that Amendola is being shopped, or he may be cut by Pats

Sinfix_15
03-04-2014, 03:20 AM
WTF...... first the jags..... now the bucs...... these uniforms are garbage.

Speechless...... fuck these florida pro teams

Sammich
03-04-2014, 09:00 AM
i'm upset we wont cut dead weight to resign Verner..smmfh

Vteckidd
03-11-2014, 03:22 PM
All FA Trackings live updated

2014 NFL Free Agents - Free Agency Update - Rotoworld.com (http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/45947/309/2014-nfl-free-agents)

Titans get Mcluster

Sinfix_15
03-11-2014, 06:29 PM
Dibs on browns DST

Sinfix_15
03-11-2014, 07:10 PM
Gabbert to SF..... why???????

Vteckidd
03-11-2014, 11:10 PM
Back up Colin.

Talib gets 26 million in guarantees, most ever for a corner.

Denver going all in. May land ware too

Sinfix_15
03-12-2014, 08:44 PM
Pats sign Revis... seems like a desperate move. Guess they dont have much of a choice

Vteckidd
03-13-2014, 10:03 AM
Pats sign Revis... seems like a desperate move. Guess they dont have much of a choice

you know, I feel the same move. On another board, theres this kid that always overreacts (at one point in the season he was advocating we trade Brady for draft picks because Brady is in decline and his window is gone).

When Talib left, he was Revis or bust, either we sign Revis or our team is screwed and our defense is destroyed etc etc etc. I was kinda like "losing talib hurts, but i mean, when we REALLY needed him, he wasnt there anyway".

Revis seems like a PR move, dont get me wrong I LOVE having him if he can produce. But It just seemed like we were trying to shake the perception that we cant keep top tier talent.

How do you feel?

Looks like Browner is coming to visit too

Sammich
03-13-2014, 03:16 PM
i swear my titans are letting all sorts of good defensive players fall through their hands...on top of that..why wont they drop all the backup QBs, and sign jason campbell for 2nd string?!?! jeezus, the kid is a great #2 and a good starter, i guarantee he wouldnt throw games away like Fitz did

Sinfix_15
03-13-2014, 04:21 PM
you know, I feel the same move. On another board, theres this kid that always overreacts (at one point in the season he was advocating we trade Brady for draft picks because Brady is in decline and his window is gone).

When Talib left, he was Revis or bust, either we sign Revis or our team is screwed and our defense is destroyed etc etc etc. I was kinda like "losing talib hurts, but i mean, when we REALLY needed him, he wasnt there anyway".

Revis seems like a PR move, dont get me wrong I LOVE having him if he can produce. But It just seemed like we were trying to shake the perception that we cant keep top tier talent.

How do you feel?

Looks like Browner is coming to visit too

I think Hernandez/Gronk/Welker really rattled the cages of Pats brass. Now theyre in a position where theyre not the sexiest place to play anymore (broncos) and theyre making some risky moves. No need to panic, its probably a good thing that they realize that thier window is closing.

Its not "the patriot way" to throw big money at a demanding primadona free agent.... but they had no choice. The "come play with Brady" card has expired.

Id rather have Talib than Revis... but hoping for the best.

Now Wilfork has asked to be released.....

Sinfix_15
03-13-2014, 04:26 PM
i swear my titans are letting all sorts of good defensive players fall through their hands...on top of that..why wont they drop all the backup QBs, and sign jason campbell for 2nd string?!?! jeezus, the kid is a great #2 and a good starter, i guarantee he wouldnt throw games away like Fitz did

Titans dont have any pull when it comes to big time free agents. Only way they get them is to over pay them

BanginJimmy
03-13-2014, 06:32 PM
Now Wilfork has asked to be released.....

This is the big one. The defense took a few steps back when he went out.

The really bad thing is that there is only 1 top flight nose in the draft this year and on he off chance he falls to the Pats (he wont) AND he tops every expectation for his career he wont), he simply doesnt have the physical tools to replace Wilfork.

Sinfix_15
03-13-2014, 07:08 PM

The really bad thing is that there is only 1 top flight nose in the draft this year and on he off chance he falls to the Pats (he wont) AND he tops every expectation for his career he wont), he simply doesnt have the physical tools to replace Wilfork.

Wilfork is also 32 and coming off injury. I cant justify paying 11 mil for him this season.

Pats have no choice but to cut him if he wont take a pay cut.

Sammich
03-14-2014, 09:36 AM
and our cap is totally screwed this year..it's going to be a tough year to be a titans fan, jeezus. but shit..could we not have gotten Jason Campbell?! he's not a big name, i understand we're going to have to build through the draft now, but shit

Vteckidd
03-14-2014, 10:55 AM

Most Mocks have us taking Louis Nix. We also have about 3 others behind Big Vince (Armstead, Kelly, Vellano) Forston played well.

Ninkovich will be captain now.

It hurts, but hes 32, we were already planning on him being done.

Vteckidd
03-14-2014, 10:55 AM
We are negotiating with Browner, if we get him, paired with Revis..............oh shit.

Sinfix_15
03-14-2014, 03:20 PM
You dont win superbowls with A level pass rushers anymore. You win superbowls with an A class secondary that gives a C class pass rusher time to get to the qb.... otherwise the Mannings and Bradys of the world are gonna throw the ball in 1.7 seconds.

Vteckidd
03-15-2014, 08:37 AM
Browner signs with pats.

Now let's get some WRs

Sinfix_15
03-24-2014, 04:53 PM
Watch your back Nick Foles..... the Sanchize is coming to town.

Sammich
04-08-2014, 08:35 AM
no talks of who you think CJ2K is going to?

Vteckidd
04-08-2014, 11:16 AM
I think he winds up with the Jets or maybe the Falcons. Hes not going to get a BIG deal, hes gonna get a 1 year SHOW me type deal

Sinfix_15
04-08-2014, 02:06 PM
He would be a good fit on the Broncos. Peyton needs more guys who go 80 yards with a 3 yard pass.

Vteckidd
04-08-2014, 02:10 PM
He will go to who pays him the most. Jets prob are in the running with him an Ivory as a tandem

Sammich
04-09-2014, 06:35 AM
he wants the ball...i'm pretty sure that factored into his release from us too aside from the money situation..the coaches new system...i dont think he'll have a feature back type system.

but i think falcons would be a better fit...i kinda agree w/ Sin, that he'd be good for Peyton on screens...but i dont think the Broncos have much cap room anymore

Sinfix_15
04-09-2014, 11:08 AM
The broncos could have him if they want, but cj is gonna go to the highest bidder... whether its ATL, NYJ or the harlem globe trotters.

Sinfix_15
04-11-2014, 04:26 PM
Plot thickens.....

Wonderlic scores
Manziel 32
Bortles 28
Bridgewater 20

20 is a red flag for the consensus #1.

Avg for an nfl qb is high 20s

Vteckidd
04-24-2014, 11:05 AM
Schedule out!

Def going to the Foxboro game to see Peyton vs Brady. May be the last time to see it

Sinfix_15
05-16-2014, 01:30 AM
Former gator Joe Haden is now the highest paid corner ever.

Cowboys are morons for passing on Manziel.

Patriots draft another qb????

Drafting Sam was a mistake and im tired of all the fag promoting.

The steal of the draft was.......... broncos signing undrafted free agent Purifoy. Hes a 1st rnd talent who scared the scouts away with off field issues.

Sammich
05-16-2014, 01:30 PM
they drafted a highly ranked defensive player in the 7th round...why was it a mistake? Rams are stacked at defense...you're tripping

Sinfix_15
05-16-2014, 06:54 PM
they drafted a highly ranked defensive player in the 7th round...why was it a mistake? Rams are stacked at defense...you're tripping

Sam looked pathetic at the combine and hes more focused on being a gay activist than he is a football player. Hes already got a gay reality show. All of Sams statistics were vs garbage opponents. Every expert projected him to go undrafted.

Sammich
05-19-2014, 08:12 AM
no...they projected him late in the draft...and Jeff Fisher is known for building high quality defenses and running offenses, which was shown last year w/ the rams...if he doesnt produce like he should, Fish will let him go...but i can guarantee if he's focused on it, he'll produce. ion gaf about his gayness...play football like every undercover gay NFL player there was and no one will have an issue w/ him

Sammich
05-19-2014, 08:13 AM
meanwhile the media is making his gay situation bigger than he is...all he did was announce that he was gay...other than that i cant remember him bringing it up since then...it wasnt him that put his kiss on TV...it was ESPN..instead of them showing highlights when he got drafted

Sinfix_15
05-20-2014, 01:43 PM
meanwhile the media is making his gay situation bigger than he is...all he did was announce that he was gay...other than that i cant remember him bringing it up since then...it wasnt him that put his kiss on TV...it was ESPN..instead of them showing highlights when he got drafted

I would have agreed with that before he agreed to do a reality show.

Hes not an elite talent. All of his measurables suck. His college stats came in garbage time vs bad teams. If not for gay activism we wouldnt be talking about this guy.

There were MUCH better defensive players on the board when sam got drafted.

Sam drafted over Purifoy.... what a joke.

Sammich
06-25-2014, 08:44 AM
how long until the draft for fantasy football draft?

Sinfix_15
06-25-2014, 09:35 AM
Hopefully we still have enough, with the site all jacked up, i wouldnt count on it

Sammich
06-25-2014, 12:00 PM
that's gonna suck

DarKStaR
07-27-2014, 07:50 AM
Im in for this season, was waiting to hear something. Anybody have a way of getting in touch with qd?

Vteckidd
07-28-2014, 11:48 AM
Im posting the thread today

Vteckidd
07-28-2014, 11:57 AM
gentlemen

http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/entertainment/341623-importatlanta-nfl-fantasy-football-14-15-season-official-thread.html

Vteckidd
07-28-2014, 11:57 AM
Hopefully we still have enough, with the site all jacked up, i wouldnt count on it

We can start our own league theres enough regulars around we can pick up 4 more