PDA

View Full Version : Phil Robertson Fired

-EnVus-
12-18-2013, 09:41 PM
What ever happen to freedom of speech in America seriously if gays can't stop getting butt hurt we are all screwed.
This show has more followers than gay people think and i hope their is Revenge.

A&E has suspended "Duck Dynasty" star Phil Robertson following anti-gay comments he made in a recent GQ profile, according to a report by Entertainment Weekly.

In an interview with GQ's Drew Magary, the head of the family in the wildly popular A&E series expressed his view that homosexuality was immoral, likening it to bestiality. Some of the remarks were made using off-color language.

Backlash was widespread and pronounced, including condemnation from GLAAD and the Human Rights Campaign.

On Wednesday evening, A&E released this statement to Entertainment Weekly:

“We are extremely disappointed to have read Phil Robertson’s comments in GQ, which are based on his own personal beliefs and are not reflected in the series Duck Dynasty. His personal views in no way reflect those of A+E Networks, who have always been strong supporters and champions of the LGBT community. The network has placed Phil under hiatus from filming indefinitely."
Entertainment Weekly added that the rest of the family starring in "Duck Dynasty" will remain on the program.

Earlier on Wednesday, a representative from A&E submitted a statement to The Huffington Post from Phil Roberston in response to the controversy:

“I myself am a product of the 60s; I centered my life around sex, drugs and rock and roll until I hit rock bottom and accepted Jesus as my Savior. My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together. However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Following the news of Robertson's suspension, a tweet from the account of former Alaska governor and Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin defended the "Duck Dynasty" star:

.blank cd
12-18-2013, 10:00 PM
Hate speech is not protected by the first amendment. The world would be a better place and television would be that much greater if Duck Dynasty was not on it.

-EnVus-
12-18-2013, 10:11 PM
Hate speech is not protected by the first amendment. The world would be a better place and television would be that much greater if Duck Dynasty was not on it.
Bullshit if People can bash Obama and his family then why fire a person for commenting on religious beliefs about homosexuality

.blank cd
12-18-2013, 10:31 PM
Bullshit if People can bash Obama and his family then why fire a person for commenting on religious beliefs about homosexuality

If I was a network exec and you made hateful comments about Obama, I could fire you just the same.

-EnVus-
12-18-2013, 10:35 PM
If I was a network exec and you made hateful comments about Obama, I could fire you just the same.
So you would agree if you was imprisoned for sharing you opinion ?

.blank cd
12-18-2013, 10:37 PM
How did we get from being fired to imprisoned?

-EnVus-
12-18-2013, 10:45 PM
How did we get from being fired to imprisoned?
If a person can be fired or even reprimanded for sharing an Opinion then why wouldn't it soon lead to Jail ?
So you think African Americans should have all been reprimanded for not agreeing and being vocal about slavery ?

.blank cd
12-18-2013, 10:52 PM
What part of this conversation led you to believe I think African Americans should have been imprisoned for being vocal about slavery? What do you believe is similar about someone's opinion against homosexuality and African Americans opinion against slavery?

-EnVus-
12-18-2013, 10:58 PM
What part of this conversation led you to believe I think African Americans should have been imprisoned for being vocal about slavery?
If you feel you would fire a person for sharing opinion or bashing Obama then why not. You are suppressing how a person feels and how they are vocal in peaceful protest and that's wrong. You claim TV would be better without Duck Dynasty on it but I dont look less on you for that expression of opinion.

Browning151
12-18-2013, 11:07 PM

A man standing by his religious convictions, be they right or wrong, is hate speech now? Have you read the interview and what Phil actually said or are you just going by what the media says?

Sinfix_15
12-18-2013, 11:15 PM
Network has the freedom to do what they feel is in their best interest. With that said........ I wish these faggots would quit being such faggots.

Sinfix_15
12-18-2013, 11:19 PM

Duck dynasty is a wholesome family show. The world would be a better place without BET, rap music, or al Sharpton in it.

.blank cd
12-18-2013, 11:26 PM
If you feel you would fire a person for sharing opinion or bashing Obama then why not. You are suppressing how a person feels and how they are vocal in peaceful protest and that's wrong. You claim TV would be better without Duck Dynasty on it but I dont look less on you for that expression of opinion.If you're being serious, no. I would not fire a black person for being vocal against racial oppression, unless it was getting in the way of him performing his duties.

A man standing by his religious convictions, be they right or wrong, is hate speech now? Have you read the interview and what Phil actually said or are you just going by what the media says?

Yes. If your religious convictions are hate speech, then yes, it's hate speech. What part are you confused about?

“Start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there. Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men,
...[sic]they will not recieve the kingdom of heaven. Don't be deceived, it's not right.”

Something else about a vagina and a mans ass.

Did I miss something?

Browning151
12-19-2013, 12:20 AM
If you're being serious, no. I would not fire a black person for being vocal against racial oppression, unless it was getting in the way of him performing his duties.

Yes. If your religious convictions are hate speech, then yes, it's hate speech. What part are you confused about?

“Start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there. Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men,
...[sic]they will not recieve the kingdom of heaven. Don't be deceived, it's not right.”

Something else about a vagina and a mans ass.

Did I miss something?

So you haven't actually read what he said.

Did he incite violence or prejudicial action against gay people?

“We never, ever judge someone on who’s going to heaven, hell. That’s the Almighty’s job. We just love ’em, give ’em the good news about Jesus—whether they’re homosexuals, drunks, terrorists. We let God sort ’em out later, you see what I’m saying?”

Right there in his own words, I don't judge them, I love them, tell them about Jesus and move on, let god sort them out. He even says don't judge, just love, quite the opposite of hate speech. Never once does he call for any ill action towards gays. Whether you agree with him or think he is nuttier than a fruit cake makes no difference. Standing by his convictions that a lifestyle is wrong while stating that he shouldn't and doesn't judge them is not hate speech.

.blank cd
12-19-2013, 12:36 AM
So you haven't actually read what he said.That was word for word what he said. No question about it.

http://www.gq.com/entertainment/television/201401/duck-dynasty-phil-robertson

Right there in his own words, I don't judge them, I love them, tell them about Jesus and move on, let god sort them out. He even says don't judge, just love, quite the opposite of hate speech. Never once does he call for any ill action towards gays. Whether you agree with him or think he is nuttier than a fruit cake makes no difference. Standing by his convictions that a lifestyle is wrong while stating that he shouldn't and doesn't judge them is not hate speech.Sounds like you're still confused about what hate speech is. Let me assist you. While we're cherry picking Wikipedia:

In law, hate speech is any speech, gesture or conduct, writing, or display which is forbidden because it may incite violence or prejudicial action against or by a protected individual or group, or because it disparages or intimidates a protected individual or group.

Now that we have that out of the way.

A&E (Herst/Disney-ABC Television group) enjoys the right to terminate or suspend the employment of anyone it sees fit, for whatever reason. Turns out this Robertson guy doesn't have a right to a TV show. Go figure.

Browning151
12-19-2013, 12:46 AM
Phil Robertson says he belives gays wont go to heaven because they are sinners and its wrong.

Bill Maher says Christians won't go to heaven because they're wrong and ignorant and its all just made up anyway.

Are both of these examples of hate speech?

.blank cd
12-19-2013, 12:51 AM
What Bill Maher said really isn't incorrect.

Sinfix_15
12-19-2013, 03:15 AM

Same for Phil. Btw.... accuracy makes any comment ok? Asking for a friend.

Browning151
12-19-2013, 03:55 AM

Your opinion of which man is more correct is not being discussed here. Are they or are they not examples of hate speech?

Echonova
12-19-2013, 05:55 AM
He was suspended, not fired. The fourth season premiere was the most-watched non-fiction series telecast in cable TV history.

He'll be back as long as he wants to continue. This is just free publicity and stirring up intolerant leftists will make sure it goes on for a while, and as old saying goes "There's no such thing as bad publicity".

Interesting fact: The earliest version of that phrase found in print is from the US newspaper The Atlanta Constitution, January, 1915:

D3UC3S
12-19-2013, 06:12 AM
I will watch even more duck dynasy now. May even take a trip to West Monroe and shake Phil's hand.

The world we live in sucks. Too many people bitching about getting their feelings hurt or someone "hating" on their lifestyle. Bunch of goddamn pussy faggots. Own your decisions and stop forcing your lifestyle or color or culture on the rest of us. Own that shit and move on.

I work with a gay guy and I give him more shit than anyone but I also respect his choices. He doesn't get preferential treatment because he is gay. We get along great! I think it's the fact that I treat him like everyone else. So i respect Phil for "treating them like everyone else".

04sidriver
12-19-2013, 06:23 AM
He was not gay bashing. It is his opinion. We have a great country we live in now when you cant even voice your opinion without someone being offended

.blank cd
12-19-2013, 06:47 AM
Your opinion of which man is more correct is not being discussed here. Are they or are they not examples of hate speech?

If you want to cross into the grey area of protected speech, Religious criticism is highly debated. If HBO wanted to fire/suspend him, they're more than welcome to. However:

1. Maher is not on cable television.

2. Maher is the host of his own political talk show, which I believe is prefaced by the standard "views/beliefs" title disclaimer. His views on religion are the reason people watch the show and it's how he gets paid.

In the end, A&E network has decided that Robertson's views go against the networks history of support for the LBGT community

Sinfix_15
12-19-2013, 07:20 AM
He was not gay bashing. It is his opinion. We have a great country we live in now when you cant even voice your opinion without someone being offended

Feel free to bash christians, conservatives, white people, southerners, military, or white presidents..........

You're not allowed to insult Muslims, black people or faggots.

.blank cd
12-19-2013, 08:06 AM
Feel free to bash christians, movement conservatives, white people, southerners, military, or white presidents........

They all make it too easy

Sinfix_15
12-19-2013, 08:26 AM
They all make it too easy

It's pretty damn easy to insult your dumb ass too.

.blank cd
12-19-2013, 08:44 AM
Insult me all you want. You're only hurting yourselves. Lol

Browning151
12-19-2013, 08:45 AM
If you want to cross into the grey area of protected speech, Religious criticism is highly debated. If HBO wanted to fire/suspend him, they're more than welcome to.

Never said anything about him needing to be fired. As much as I loathe him, I respect his right to his opinions unlike you.

However:

1. Maher is not on cable television.

Nor was Phil Robertson when he made his remarks, he was giving an interview to GQ magazine.

2. Maher is the host of his own political talk show, which I believe is prefaced by the standard "views/beliefs" title disclaimer. His views on religion are the reason people watch the show and it's how he gets paid.

Phil is the star of cable television reality show, his views on religion are one of the reasons people like and watch the show. What's your point?

One of these men made an entire movie mocking Christians and Christianity, one of these men spoke about his personal religious beliefs during a magazine interview.

I will ask you again since you can't seem to answer a simple question: Is these men speaking about their personal religious beliefs, or lack thereof, hate speech or not? Yes, or no.

.blank cd
12-19-2013, 09:31 AM
Never said anything about him needing to be fired. As much as I loathe him, I respect his right to his opinions unlike you.Who said I didn't respect his right to his opinions? Everyone has the right to their opinions. Just be prepared to suffer the consequences if your views are different from the employer you represent.

Phil is the star of cable television reality show, his views on religion are one of the reasons people like and watch the show. What's your point?Political and religious opinion isn't the basis of the show. Don't be stupid.

I will ask you again since you can't seem to answer a simple question: Is these men speaking about their personal religious beliefs, or lack thereof, hate speech or not? Yes, or no.

To answer your question a second time since it seems you need to be told what to think, speaking about your personal religious beliefs is not hate speech. Using religion to justify hate speech is hate speech. Hope that clears things up.

Browning151
12-19-2013, 09:35 AM
You are an outright idiot.

.blank cd
12-19-2013, 09:48 AM
I know reality is tough to accept sometimes. Don't shoot me. I'm just the messenger.

Sinfix_15
12-19-2013, 09:57 AM
I'm going to give a few examples, please label each with a yes or no, for whether or not the example comment is or isnt "hate speech".

#1 Homosexuals will not get into Heaven.
#2 Chinese people are more intelligent than black people.
#3 Christians live their life based on a lie.
#4 Rednecks are stupid.
#5 Islam is a religion of violence.
#6 Flamboyant homosexuals annoy me.
#7 Conservatives are a bunch of racist white people.
#8 Black people account for an unusually large portion of crime statistics.
#9 Homeless people need to get a damn job.
#10 White people cant be victims of injustice, they havnt suffered enough.

.blank cd
12-19-2013, 10:00 AM
The sad thing is, I'm breaking down complex economics concepts, exposing the psychological aspects that everyone seems to overlook, and single handedly dispelling the big pseudo conservative myth this forum seems to cling to one post at a time. If I'm an idiot, what does that make y'all? Lol

Browning151
12-19-2013, 10:11 AM
In law, hate speech is any speech, gesture or conduct, writing, or display which is forbidden because it may incite violence or prejudicial action against or by a protected individual or group, or because it disparages or intimidates a protected individual or group.

Bill Maher mocks an entire religion and it's followers and tells them they're not going to heaven because it doesn't exist = A-O.K.

Phil Robertson says he doesn't believe that homosexuals will go to heaven because his religion tells him so = Hate speech.

Seems fair.

Just because you disagree with one of them doesn't make it hate speech.

geoff
12-19-2013, 11:34 AM
Every time i turn on news radio, it seems like most of the "breaking stories " are of crimes committed by black folks. In fact, yes FACT, most of the crimes committed in the Atlanta area are indeed by African Americans. ( click link for official reports according to APD ). Now, I stated a personal opinion and provided factual supporting documentation to back up my opinion...which turns out to be actual fact. Question: Is this considered hate speech?

Link to data: APD Uniform Crime Reports (http://www.atlantapd.org/uniformcrimereports.aspx)

Sammich
12-19-2013, 11:51 AM
i just saw a pic floating around of his face and what not and didnt know what happened until i googled it...it's fuckin ignorant IMO for A&E to do this. i hate the forcefeeding of everyone having to accept gays...i dont believe hate should be spewed, which he wasnt doing, but everyone doesnt have to be progay rights...like wtf?!

.blank cd
12-19-2013, 12:31 PM
i just saw a pic floating around of his face and what not and didnt know what happened until i googled it...it's fuckin ignorant IMO for A&E to do this. i hate the forcefeeding of everyone having to accept gays...i dont believe hate should be spewed, which he wasnt doing, but everyone doesnt have to be progay rights...like wtf?!
You don't have to be pro-gay rights if you don't want to. But the trend (and the natural progression of civilized society) is moving towards gay rights. A&E, as a corporation, has a right to protect their brand and their image. If I had a show on the Disney channel and I went and ran my mouth about how black skin is is the mark of sin or evil, I should probably expect to be fired.

Robertson doesn't give two shits about what A&E did, why do y'all? Something tells me he's going to be ok.

I know it's not what y'all want to hear, I know it doesn't touch your rage nerve, but it's reality. Deal with it. And stop hiding behind "it's the sin, not the sinner" bullshit. It's old

Browning151
12-19-2013, 12:59 PM
You don't have to be pro-gay rights if you don't want to. But the trend (and the natural progression of civilized society) is moving towards gay rights.

http://img1.etsystatic.com/014/0/7635870/il_570xN.411866283_ndbi.jpg

BanginJimmy
12-19-2013, 01:09 PM
I still want to know what rights gays dont have.

BTW, marrying isnt a right.

I have no problem with Roberson being suspended. A&E is a private entity and they can do whatever they want with the contracted talent. I am absolutely sure there is language in the contract that allows Robertson to be fired/suspended if he does anything that the company doesnt agree with so he has no reason to bitch either. '

EVERYONE needs to get over this thin skinned, hypersensitive, BS they are on right now.

Flamboyant gays deserve the shit they get cause no one likes or respects them. You can be gay if you want, I honestly dont care, but flaunting it just makes you look like a retard. Where the fuck did that annoying ass lisp come from too?

Blacks, you have played the race card long enough, no one cares anymore. A word to the wise, the more you throw out racism for stupid shit, the less people care when you do. The minorities that actually have been damaged by discrimination are being ignored and written off as whiners because of the race pimps that throw it around for anything. Time to grow up and start accepting responsibilities for your actions.

WASPS, it isnt all about you. You dont like something, ignore it. Plain and fucking simple.

Christians, you arent perfect and the louder you get about your lard and souvenir the less people care. I was listning to an interview with Cody from Skillet, an openly devout christian group. He said that cristians need to back off non believers and focus more on themselves. Let their own actions bear witness to their faith, not just their words.

True story. Had a guy that I have never seen before hand me some jesus freak flier at work. When I tried to hand it back he said something about my soul being at risk and he was there to save me. I tried being nice about it, but he wouldnt let it go so I shoved them damn thing back into his shirt pocket. Took that long for him to get the message.

.blank cd
12-19-2013, 01:10 PM
http://img1.etsystatic.com/014/0/7635870/il_570xN.411866283_ndbi.jpg

I know its difficult having to be tolerant of other people's lifestyles that don't affect you. I empathize with your firm resistance to assimilate.

Vteckidd
12-19-2013, 01:27 PM
Network has the freedom to do what they feel is in their best interest. With that said........ I wish these faggots would quit being such faggots.

My sister is gay and I LOLed

A&E has every right to fire him. Private company.

But what he said wasnt hate speech. He said he didnt agree with gay marriage. Being gay isnt a civil right, its a sexual preference, like saying "i like blue over red".

Surprised Blank is this ignorant.

Actually, no im not LOL

Vteckidd
12-19-2013, 01:30 PM

“It seems like, to me, a vagina—as a man—would be more desirable than a man’s anus. That’s just me. I’m just thinking: There’s more there! She’s got more to offer. I mean, come on, dudes! You know what I’m saying? But hey, sin: It’s not logical, my man. It’s just not logical.”

Nothing he said is remotely hate speech. I mean its not even close. IF you think it is, then I can have a case against some of the things you have said on here.

Vteckidd
12-19-2013, 01:33 PM
You don't have to be pro-gay rights if you don't want to. But the trend (and the natural progression of civilized society) is moving towards gay rights. A&E, as a corporation, has a right to protect their brand and their image. If I had a show on the Disney channel and I went and ran my mouth about how black skin is is the mark of sin or evil, I should probably expect to be fired.

Robertson doesn't give two shits about what A&E did, why do y'all? Something tells me he's going to be ok.

I know it's not what y'all want to hear, I know it doesn't touch your rage nerve, but it's reality. Deal with it. And stop hiding behind "it's the sin, not the sinner" bullshit. It's old

First of all, Gays have rights, Gays are not losing ANY CIVIL RIGHTS.

Tell me where a Gay Person has less rights.

Name 1.

Being gay isnt a civil rights issue, god damnit. Its not a CIVIL RIGHT TO BE GAY.

geoff
12-19-2013, 01:44 PM
The problem is this, the Robertson's are a Christian Bible believing family. They do not hide this on the show or in their personal lives. Every single episode ends with some form of prayer ( which I am sure that folks like Bill Maher ) find offensive or ridiculous. Would it be rational if there was an outcry from the atheist community with them arguing that Duck Dynasty is offensive to them and they demand an apology or the show should be canceled because the Robertson clan believes those who do not accept Jesus or believe in God will go to hell? Phil did not express any of these beliefs on the show nor did he promote any kind of anti-gay agenda in any episode. He conducted an interview with a magazine and stated his own personal beliefs ( guaranteed by the Constitution and Bill of Rights . If he gets fired i am most certain that the Robertson family will do just fine with out A&E...in fact, if they took the low road like the LGBT community and fussed enough, they might actually have a civil law suit for discrimination on religious grounds.

Sammich
12-19-2013, 01:52 PM
i'd be doing a suit if i were him, but i guess if the family is still up for it and brings in extra money for the family, i guess it's cool, but it's just ignorant to suspend/fire him for his own beliefs. he has beliefs just like the gays have beliefs

.blank cd
12-19-2013, 02:09 PM
i'd be doing a suit if i were him, but i guess if the family is still up for it and brings in extra money for the family, i guess it's cool, but it's just ignorant to suspend/fire him for his own beliefs. he has beliefs just like the gays have beliefs

Why would he bring a suit he wouldn't win? He doesn't have a right to a TV show, and I guarantee since he was suspended indefinitely that A&E isn't breaching any contracts.

Vteckidd
12-19-2013, 02:15 PM

he cant sue because they have a right to fire him. The only way he could sue is if he was smarter and said "I dont believe in Gay Marriage because of my religious beliefs". At that point A&E could be sued for infringing on his freedom of religion.

The second he delved into the "I dont know what gay men like ass over vagina" he entered the realm of things he could be fired for cause, not free speech.

Remember, I could go on Facebook and say "I HATE JEWS"(free speech) and if my boss saw it he could fire me. Im not being fired for free speech im being fired for saying things that the work place doesnt think is representative of the culture they like.

geoff
12-19-2013, 02:19 PM
You are absolutely right Blank. He nor his family have any kind of right to a tv show. But there are discrimination laws that prevent one being fired or let go based on religious beliefs. If he had stated these same things on the show, that might be a strong case for dismissal, but alas he did not. He was asked a question about his opinion of a certain matter and gave it. It just so happens that his personal opinion is based off of his personal convictions and beliefs in his faith. To dismiss him or cancel his contract/suspend him from future filming based on his opinion given off camera and solely based and rooted in his Christian beliefs could very well be seen as discrimination of his religious beliefs...he may actually have a law suit...hell...people have sued and won with less.

Let us be realistic though. A&E does not actually care about Phil's personal thoughts/beliefs on gays. He and his family are a cash cow for the network. This is a publicity stunt by A&E which will probably bring in even more viewers as this story makes national headlines. That is, if the Robertson's continue to do the show. I am hoping they stand to their convictions and walk away all together...that would be a nice slap to the face no?

.blank cd
12-19-2013, 02:27 PM
They're not discriminating his religious beliefs. He could not sue and win. Not a chance in non-existent hell. They signed a contract. A&E has enough lawyers to keep their asses covered. They're not stupid.

A&E will be ok without the Robertson's. And vice versa. I guarantee it.

BanginJimmy
12-19-2013, 02:35 PM
They're not discriminating his religious beliefs. He could not sue and win. Not a chance in non-existent hell. They signed a contract. A&E has enough lawyers to keep their asses covered. They're not stupid.

A&E will be ok without the Robertson's. And vice versa. I guarantee it.

Something I completely agree with you on.

A&E was covered with a clause that allows them to fire anyone they want for any reason they want. I am also sure there is a nice little separation package in there for Robertson as long as he doesnt screw it up.

Sinfix_15
12-19-2013, 06:22 PM
My sister is gay and I LOLed

A&E has every right to fire him. Private company.

But what he said wasnt hate speech. He said he didnt agree with gay marriage. Being gay isnt a civil right, its a sexual preference, like saying "i like blue over red".

Surprised Blank is this ignorant.

Actually, no im not LOL

There's a difference between a homosexual and a faggot... hell, blank is a faggot. I've got a pretty decent amount of gay friends, theyre not all down with this LGBT campaign and dont all watch the Rachel Maddow show or worship every word that comes out of Lady Gaga's mouth, they think theyre all faggots too.

Who knew having our first gay president would get all these fags so riled up?

Echonova
12-19-2013, 10:21 PM
LOL

Sinfix_15
12-23-2013, 02:13 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BcIf_YICUAA_yML.jpg

D3UC3S
12-23-2013, 07:25 AM
For some reason my phone is being gay and starting to like beastiality and won't let me like that photo.

Sinfix_15
12-23-2013, 07:57 AM
Duck Dynasty Threatens The Left (http://thefederalist.com/2013/12/21/duck-dynasty-threatens-left/)

geoff
12-23-2013, 08:06 AM
Maybe now America can get back to reality. All this PC crap is getting old. As a Christian, it's nice to see a family like this stick to their beliefs. This is what true Christianity is about...not what the media says it is to be or from other whack job shows like Preachers of LA. God bless the Robertson's.

Oh, and MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone!

Vteckidd
12-23-2013, 09:37 AM
Breaking, he was reinstated, A&E caves.

This will be interesting going forward

Sinfix_15
12-23-2013, 09:55 AM
Blank should get a kick out of this one.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bb4h3ElIAAABmzl.png

04sidriver
12-23-2013, 10:45 AM
Breaking, he was reinstated, A&E caves.

This will be interesting going forward

where did you hear this?

Sinfix_15
12-23-2013, 10:59 AM
where did you hear this?

I'm seeing the same thing on twitter. Apparently the family told them that without Phil, they're done with the show. Capitalism prevailed.

Cracker barrel pulled all their DD stuff off the shelf for about 2 days before changing their minds also.

Nice to see A&E using their freedom as a network to decide to keep a good family oriented program on the air. The world is a better place with Duck Dynasty still on TV and everyone lived happily ever after, wouldnt you agree Blank?

04sidriver
12-23-2013, 11:12 AM
I'm seeing the same thing on twitter. Apparently the family told them that without Phil, they're done with the show. Capitalism prevailed.

Cracker barrel pulled all their DD stuff off the shelf for about 2 days before changing their minds also.

Nice to see A&E using their freedom as a network to decide to keep a good family oriented program on the air. The world is a better place with Duck Dynasty still on TV and everyone lived happily ever after, wouldnt you agree Blank?

still havent seen that anywhere

Vteckidd
12-23-2013, 11:29 AM
where did you hear this?

Inside source from A&E leaking it to the media

Google Phil Robertson reinstated. Its all over google and twitter, mainly from right wing media outlets. Pretty sure the left wont report this yet, too damaging.

Phil Robertson Returning to 'Duck Dynasty' in January? (http://www.christianpost.com/news/phil-robertson-returning-to-duck-dynasty-in-january-111355/)

Vteckidd
12-23-2013, 11:35 AM
Report: Phil Robertson to return to "Duck Dynasty" | The Buzz | www.accessatlanta.com (http://www.accessatlanta.com/weblogs/buzz/2013/dec/23/report-phil-robertson-return-duck-dynasty/?icmp=ajc_internallink_textlink_homepage)

Sinfix_15
12-23-2013, 12:02 PM
Where's the liberal outrage about this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iK15GGSpc0s

.blank cd
12-23-2013, 12:29 PM
Breaking, he was reinstated, A&E caves.OR, it was a ratings grab the whole time. The show tried to create controversy before. Seems this time they were more successful.

The world is a better place with Duck Dynasty still on TV and everyone lived happily ever after, wouldnt you agree Blank?Right. That's exactly what TV is missing. A pseudo-reality TV show about the exploits of a family of "backwoods redneck" millionaires.

Pretty sure the left wont report this yet, too damaging.

Phil Robertson Returning to 'Duck Dynasty' in January? (http://www.christianpost.com/news/phil-robertson-returning-to-duck-dynasty-in-january-111355/)Pretty sure the "left" doesn't care.

.blank cd
12-23-2013, 12:32 PM
Where's the liberal outrage about this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iK15GGSpc0s
Freedom of speech, right?

Right?

geoff
12-23-2013, 12:34 PM
Question to Blank: Just curious to hear your personal opinion. Did you find the answers given by Phil to be hate speech against homosexuals? Did you find any of his answers/comments to be racist against blacks?

.blank cd
12-23-2013, 12:37 PM
Question to Blank: Just curious to hear your personal opinion. Did you find the answers given by Phil to be hate speech against homosexuals? Did you find any of his answers/comments to be racist against blacks?
Not as much hate speech as they were grossly inaccurate.

04sidriver
12-23-2013, 12:43 PM
Inside source from A&E leaking it to the media

Google Phil Robertson reinstated. Its all over google and twitter, mainly from right wing media outlets. Pretty sure the left wont report this yet, too damaging.

Phil Robertson Returning to 'Duck Dynasty' in January? (http://www.christianpost.com/news/phil-robertson-returning-to-duck-dynasty-in-january-111355/)

him coming back in jan is for episodes he had filmed before. the suspension was for future episodes

geoff
12-23-2013, 12:53 PM
Not as much hate speech as they were grossly inaccurate.

Meaning?

.blank cd
12-23-2013, 12:54 PM
Meaning?

Meaning there was zero truth in what he was implying.

geoff
12-23-2013, 12:59 PM
How so?

Vteckidd
12-23-2013, 12:59 PM
him coming back in jan is for episodes he had filmed before. the suspension was for future episodes

Not true, they start filming in January for more episodes , and the source says he is back in for those episodes. read the Access Atlanta article

Vteckidd
12-23-2013, 01:02 PM
OR, it was a ratings grab the whole time. The show tried to create controversy before. Seems this time they were more successful.

Yeah right, they got so much outrage from the target audience they had to risk losing the #1 rated cable tv show to a competing network, or , back down. They chose to back down. Their right, FWIW I dont think they had a right to back down, they should have stood their ground if they really felt the way they did.

Pretty sure the "left" doesn't care.

Proof?

LOL they blew this story up, first reported it.

I dont really give 2 shits, I think this is the worst show I have ever seen. Its the opposite of Keeping up with the Kardashians. I wont watch it either way.

Vteckidd
12-23-2013, 01:03 PM

I think to myself, WHY THE FUCK WAS HE ASKED ABOUT GAY MARRIAGE ? Do I really care what he has to say? Why even ask it? It was a trap, they he fell into. he though he was being funny, but in reality, he should understand that hes representing the brand and the network he works for. His personal opinions are fine, but consequences follow actions.

.blank cd
12-23-2013, 01:10 PM
How so?
What do you mean how so"?

Yeah right, they got so much outrage from the target audience they had to risk losing the #1 rated cable tv show to a competing network, or , back down. They chose to back down. Their right, FWIW I dont think they had a right to back down, they should have stood their ground if they really felt the way they did.Risk losing it? Lol. It's not like the Robertson's can just move to another network. Lol. They're under contract. A&E owns the Robertson's until they decide not to. Lol.

A Facebook group, "Boycott A&E until Phil Robertson Is Put Back on Duck Dynasty," created last Thursday, has garnered more than 1.7 million likes.All I know is, there are 1.7 million people who are as brainless as the show they watch.

Vteckidd
12-23-2013, 01:13 PM
Risk losing it? Lol. It's not like the Robertson's can just move to another network. Lol. They're under contract. A&E owns the Robertson's until they decide not to. Lol.

You dont know how TV works, No advertisers, no show.

You also dont know their contract. They could have left EASILY and gone to another network, there were already reports that AMC/FX among other major outlets were all waiting for word they were seperating from A&E.

This was about money, A&E was about to lose a TON. Why else would they cave>

geoff
12-23-2013, 01:13 PM
I think to myself, WHY THE FUCK WAS HE ASKED ABOUT GAY MARRIAGE ? Do I really care what he has to say? Why even ask it? It was a trap, they he fell into. he though he was being funny, but in reality, he should understand that hes representing the brand and the network he works for. His personal opinions are fine, but consequences follow actions.

You see it as a trap, something to be used against him by the " gays, blacks, socialists, left,ect.." and that he was suckered into it. Truth is, to him it was an opportunity to share what his faith teaches him and to do as Jesus commissioned...to go out into the world and share the gospel.

Every action has consequences...that is how life works. He knew what he was saying and he stuck to his beliefs. I applaud him for doing so.

Vteckidd
12-23-2013, 01:14 PM
All I know is, there are 1.7 million people who are as brainless as the show they watch.

People dont share the same opinion as you = Brainless. Just shows how biased you are and makes 100% total sense why you try to argue the way you do.

I dont agree with their view, but differing opinions doesnt mean brainless.

Wheres that civility your kind preaches about (lectures) all the time?

geoff
12-23-2013, 01:15 PM
Blank: You stated "Meaning there was zero truth in what he was implying." I am confused as to whether you are referring to Phil or the interviewer from GQ.

Vteckidd
12-23-2013, 01:16 PM
You see it as a trap, something to be used against him by the " gays, blacks, socialists, left,ect.." and that he was suckered into it. Truth is, to him it was an opportunity to share what his faith teaches him and to do as Jesus commissioned...to go out into the world and share the gospel.

Every action has consequences...that is how life works. He knew what he was saying and he stuck to his beliefs. I applaud him for doing so.

right to free speech is not congruent to right to work.

He also didnt JUST say "I believe what the bible teaches ETC ETC ET ETC"

He went into much more detail, and made fun of gays. if he would have just stuck to being factual (by his beliefs, what he believes to be true) A&E would have had no way to suspend him.

Vteckidd
12-23-2013, 01:17 PM
Blank: You stated "Meaning there was zero truth in what he was implying." I am confused as to whether you are referring to Phil or the interviewer from GQ.

Blank is an Athiest hes doesnt believe in a god so any of the "god teaches XXXXXX" doesnt matter, its not "factual"

.blank cd
12-23-2013, 01:18 PM
You dont know how TV works, No advertisers, no show.

You also dont know their contract. They could have left EASILY and gone to another network, there were already reports that AMC/FX among other major outlets were all waiting for word they were seperating from A&E.

This was about money, A&E was about to lose a TON. Why else would they cave>
Obviously you don't know about contracts. The lady that does contracts for these kinds of TV shows was on Fox News just the other night saying exactly what I said. The Robertson's aren't and can't go anywhere unless A&E lets them. There's no debate about it. Lol

.blank cd
12-23-2013, 01:20 PM
People dont share the same opinion as you = Brainless. Just shows how biased you are and makes 100% total sense why you try to argue the way you do.

I dont agree with their view, but differing opinions doesnt mean brainless.

Wheres that civility your kind preaches about (lectures) all the time?Brainless meaning boycotting the network that develops your coveted TV show kills ad revenue, effectively contributing to the shows cancellation.

That's what I mean by brainless. They can't think 1 step ahead of themselves.

geoff
12-23-2013, 01:22 PM
right to free speech is not congruent to right to work.

He also didnt JUST say "I believe what the bible teaches ETC ETC ET ETC"

He went into much more detail, and made fun of gays. if he would have just stuck to being factual (by his beliefs, what he believes to be true) A&E would have had no way to suspend him.

I read the article...did i miss where he made fun of gays? This guy was interviewed, asked controversial questions, and then answered them. If you were given an assignment by your professor to give your personal opinion of gay marriage and gays in society today...should you be flunked or expelled for giving your personal opinion because your paper was offensive to the LGBT community?

.blank cd
12-23-2013, 01:23 PM

All of Phil's disparaging comments and implications were grossly inaccurate and/or anecdotal.

.blank cd
12-23-2013, 01:24 PM
I read the article...did i miss where he made fun of gays? This guy was interviewed, asked controversial questions, and then answered them. If you were given an assignment by your professor to give your personal opinion of gay marriage and gays in society today...should you be flunked or expelled for giving your personal opinion because your paper was offensive to the LGBT community?

Terrible analogy.

geoff
12-23-2013, 01:29 PM
All of Phil's disparaging comments and implications were grossly inaccurate and/or anecdotal.

How is one's personal opinion about a subject to be considered inaccurate? Can you please quote him where his opinion was inaccurate?
You also say that his comments were disparaging and anecdotal; again, his personal opinion was given on a question the interviewer asked...how is that degrading? Also, your use of anecdotal is incorrect...he was asked for his opinion/thoughts on the matters...

geoff
12-23-2013, 01:30 PM
Terrible analogy.

Care to elaborate....what is the difference?

Vteckidd
12-23-2013, 01:36 PM
Obviously you don't know about contracts.

Cite specifically what their contract says. Be sure to attach bibliography.

Vteckidd
12-23-2013, 01:37 PM

opinion, not factual

.blank cd
12-23-2013, 01:44 PM
How is one's personal opinion about a subject to be considered inaccurate? Can you please quote him where his opinion was inaccurate?
You also say that his comments were disparaging and anecdotal; again, his personal opinion was given on a question the interviewer asked...how is that degrading? Also, your use of anecdotal is incorrect...he was asked for his opinion/thoughts on the matters...
Do you not know what anecdotal means?

Here's what Websters has to say about the meaning of "anecdotal"

pertaining to, resembling, or containing anecdotes: an anecdotal history of jazz.
(of the treatment of subject matter in representational art) pertaining to the relationship of figures or to the arrangement of elements in a scene so as to emphasize the story content of a subject. Compare narrative (def 6).
based on personal observation, case study reports, or random investigations rather than systematic scientific evaluation: anecdotal evidence.

My use of the word "anecdotal" is 100% correct. Thank you

Now onto Phil's anecdote

“I never, with my eyes, saw the mistreatment of any black person," Robertson is quoted in GQ. "Not once. Where we lived was all farmers. The blacks worked for the farmers. I hoed cotton with them. I’m with the blacks, because we’re white trash. We’re going across the field.... They’re singing and happy. I never heard one of them, one black person, say, ‘I tell you what: These doggone white people’—not a word!... Pre-entitlement, pre-welfare, you say: Were they happy? They were godly; they were happy; no one was singing the blues.”

That is Phil's personal experience, and is nowhere near accurate of the racial climate of the Jim Crow era.

.blank cd
12-23-2013, 01:46 PM
opinion, not factual

Far from an opinion actually.

.blank cd
12-23-2013, 01:49 PM
Cite specifically what their contract says. Be sure to attach bibliography.

You just let me know if you need more sources.

‘Duck Dynasty’ family members contractually bound to A&E, source says | Fox News (http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2013/12/23/duck-dynasty-family-members-contractually-bound-to-continue-source-says/)

Vteckidd
12-23-2013, 01:49 PM
That is Phil's personal experience, and is nowhere near accurate of the racial climate of the Jim Crow era.

The Jim Crow laws were racial segregation laws enacted between 1876 and 1965 in the United States at the state and local level.

Phil Robbertson (born April 24, 1946)

He was 19 by the time Jim Crow was gone, but , his life experience cant be provided in a contextual incident? Who said he was saying this is indicative of the entire era? I dont know how you are making the leap from his personal experience to him making sweeping generalizations about an entire 90+ years.

Again, it was his opinion, not factual

Vteckidd
12-23-2013, 01:51 PM
You just let me know if you need more sources.

‘Duck Dynasty’ family members contractually bound to A&E, source says | Fox News (http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2013/12/23/duck-dynasty-family-members-contractually-bound-to-continue-source-says/)

Cite specifically what their contract says

Unnamed source, no bibliography. Sorry, try again

Vteckidd
12-23-2013, 01:52 PM
Can someone post the actual questions and answers in their entirety ?

.blank cd
12-23-2013, 01:55 PM
Unnamed source, no bibliography. Sorry, try again

Did you read it? The source was named?

Nice try though.

Vteckidd
12-23-2013, 02:01 PM
Did you read it? The source was named?

Nice try though.

an insider connected to the production told FOX411. .

No one in that article has direct knowledge of the specifics of the contract and what clauses are in it. Unnamed Source reporting on contract she "believes" to "most certainly" have "X" KTHXBYE

TRY AGAIn, LOOKUP SPECIFIC, AND TRY , AGAIN. FOR THE 4th time

to dumb it down for you, post the actual contract, or this is all hearsay

.blank cd
12-23-2013, 02:08 PM

No one in that article has direct knowledge of the specifics of the contract and what clauses are in it. Unnamed Source reporting on contract she "believes" to "most certainly" have "X" KTHXBYE

TRY AGAIn, LOOKUP SPECIFIC, AND TRY , AGAIN. FOR THE 4th time

to dumb it down for you, post the actual contract, or this is all hearsay

According to Beverly Hills-based entertainment attorney Julian Chan

But I digress. Maybe the Robertson's have the only contract in the entire entertainment industry that lets them just walk away and take A&E's intellectual property whenever they want, and A&E and its entire team of contract attorneys are just that stupid. LOL.

Nice try again. LOL.

.blank cd
12-23-2013, 02:15 PM
I think you're just arguing to argue at this point, since you're not making a point. Such a contract probably wouldn't be publicly available, and rightfully so.

I'll just believe what every other contract attorney says about the contract, and you and the rest of the 1.7 million can believe there's a chance, however small, that the Robertson's have a unique contract that allows them to own A&E's intellectual property, that allows them to terminate said contract at will, at the same time, allows A&E to suspend them, and that A&E's team of attorneys are stupid enough to let that happen. LOL

geoff
12-23-2013, 02:18 PM
Do you not know what anecdotal means?

Here's what Websters has to say about the meaning of "anecdotal"

My use of the word "anecdotal" is 100% correct. Thank you

Now onto Phil's anecdote

I know what anecdotal means, he was asked for his opinion and for his personal experience...how then can it be incorrect? Do you have some kind of secret means of time travel, did you go back to the days of Phil working the fields WITH the blacks and see treatment or hear opinions from said black folks contrary to what Phil stated?

You stated that he was grossly inaccurate...seeing how you were not there to experience it first hand nor do you know anyone present to see how his co-workers in the fields were treated...how can you say he was inaccurate?

Sinfix_15
12-23-2013, 03:01 PM
All I know is, there are 1.7 million people who are as brainless as the show they watch.

The show actually has substance. Phil Robertson is a college graduate. You reject anything that doesnt fit into your box. Phil could survive in your world, you couldnt survive in his, yet you feel suited to judge his intelligence. He's a self made millionaire and was so long before Duck Dynasty. In case you're not up to date on the plot, Duck Dynasty is about "millionaire rednecks", it didnt create the millionaire.

Fun fact, Terry Bradshaw was Phil Robertson's backup QB in college.

geoff
12-23-2013, 03:11 PM
The show actually has substance. Phil Robertson is a college graduate. You reject anything that doesnt fit into your box. Phil could survive in your world, you couldnt survive in his, yet you feel suited to judge his intelligence. He's a self made millionaire and was so long before Duck Dynasty. In case you're not up to date on the plot, Duck Dynasty is about "millionaire rednecks", it didnt create the millionaire.

Fun fact, Terry Bradshaw was Phil Robertson's backup QB in college.

You are wasting your breath...and your comment was anecdotal and inaccurate...how can anyone survive much less become a " millionaire redneck" without suckling the Government tit? How did he become successful without Obama? Are you trying to argue that he did it himself through his own hard work and ingenuity???

.blank cd
12-23-2013, 03:12 PM
The show actually has substance. Phil Robertson is a college graduateWhere did I say he wasn't?

yet you feel suited to judge his intelligence.Where did I judge his intelligence? All I said was he said some stupid shit. And saying the stupid shit was probably intelligent on his part.

He's a self made millionaire and was so long before Duck Dynasty.Where did I say he wasn't a self made millionaire?

.blank cd
12-23-2013, 03:13 PM
You are wasting your breath...and your comment was anecdotal and inaccurate...how can anyone survive much less become a " millionaire redneck" without suckling the Government tit? How did he become successful without Obama? Are you trying to argue that he did it himself through his own hard work and ingenuity???
WTF are you talking about? You are the first person to irrelevantly bring up Obama in this thread. Congratulations. You are officially in the Obama nut-rider club with Sinfix.

geoff
12-23-2013, 03:21 PM
WTF are you talking about? You are the first person to irrelevantly bring up Obama in this thread. Congratulations. You are officially in the Obama nut-rider club with Sinfix.

Just expressing how the left more than likely views this family

geoff
12-23-2013, 03:23 PM
Do you find it offensive when others wish you a Merry Christmas? I am curious how much you believe in the PC crap...i would like to think that eventually...even someone like you has to say this is ridiculous...

.blank cd
12-23-2013, 03:38 PM
It's ridiculous how much news coverage it gets, and how wishing someone well during the holiday season offends so many conservative Christians, and how somehow it equates to a large scale loss of life. The only people waging a "war" on Christmas is evangelical Christians. Literally no one else gives a shit.

Happy holidays.

You have one of two responses at this point

A. Say thank you and go on about your day

2. Don't say a fucking word and go on about your meaningless miserable existence hating everyone who doesn't say "Christmas"

DO NOT go on Fox News and vent about how people are trying to remove Jesus from Christmas. The only person that can do that is you.

I find it offensive when people say there is a war on Christmas. There is a war in Afghanistan. Actual people have lost their lives.

There is no war on Christmas. No one has lost their life fighting for the word "Christmas." Not a single person.

Christmas is still the grand materialistic holiday it's always been. Nothing's changed.

Jesus is still part of your Christmas. He is not part of mine. He is not part of a lot of people's Christmas. And that is perfectly ok.

Just like Mr. Robertson is free to say being gay is wrong, I have the freedom to say happy holidays.

geoff
12-23-2013, 04:02 PM
"Just like Mr. Robertson is free to say being gay is wrong, I have the freedom to say happy holidays." THIS

Was it not those who B*tched about Conservative Christians saying " Merry Christmas " and crying that it might offend someone that started this " war "? I actually agree with you that issues such as this get so much media coverage. Between you and I, i also agree that no one can take Jesus out of Christmas...And i agree that this " war " on Christmas is offensive to those fighting real wars.

I consider myself conservative, old fashioned, even traditional...it was how I was raised.I used to listen to Hannity and watch his show...it has gotten a little ridiculous and out of hand. But, I find it funny how hypocritical you are...you empathize with the gays and their agenda yet suggest that Conservative Christians suck it up and quit whining....

.blank cd
12-23-2013, 04:09 PM
...you empathize with the gays and their agenda yet suggest that Conservative Christians suck it up and quit whining....

How are these mutually exclusive?

geoff
12-23-2013, 04:12 PM
how are they not? One side can be offended and cause national headlines yet the other can not?

.blank cd
12-23-2013, 04:27 PM
I haven't heard a single word about being offended by the word "Christmas", except by evangelicals when the word holidays is used in place of it.

No one else cares except evangelical Christians. They are the ones who, for one reason or another. manufactured the "war".

geoff
12-23-2013, 04:41 PM
there you go dodging again...how is it ok for the LGBT community as well as Sharpton and the NAACP to cry foul and blow up small ridiculous things such as Phil's personal opinions/answers to questions he was asked but if a Conservative Christian voices their concerns or whatnot you say they need to pretty much suck is up and quit being p*ssies...hypocrite much?

Sinfix_15
12-23-2013, 04:43 PM
Just expressing how the left more than likely views this family

Blank is the left, he expressed how he views them. Theyre "brainless rednecks" with a bunch of "brainless" fans.

.blank cd
12-23-2013, 05:00 PM
there you go dodging again...how is it ok for the LGBT community as well as Sharpton and the NAACP to cry foul and blow up small ridiculous things such as Phil's personal opinions/answers to questions he was asked but if a Conservative Christian voices their concerns or whatnot you say they need to pretty much suck is up and quit being p*ssies...hypocrite much?

Maybe GLAAD is upset by Phil's views on Homosexuality. Do they have the freedom to express that? Would you be upset if someone said Christianity "isn't right"?

Don't lie to me or yourself because evangelicals are all over Fox News when someone says something about Christianity.

Does anyone care? Not much.

Freedom of speech works both ways and is cyclical.

Sinfix_15
12-23-2013, 05:42 PM
Maybe GLAAD is upset by Phil's views on Homosexuality. Do they have the freedom to express that? Would you be upset if someone said Christianity "isn't right"?

Don't lie to me or yourself because evangelicals are all over Fox News when someone says something about Christianity.

Does anyone care? Not much.

Freedom of speech works both ways and is cyclical.

Freedom of speech goes both ways..... but what we have is one side who is vile, classless, hateful, racist and disgusting..... but they throw temper tantrums whenever someone says they dont like gays or think Obama is incompetent.

Liberal - "i wish republicans would fucking die, i want to shit down Sarah Palin's throat and rip off Romney's testicles, everyone from the south is a redneck and christians are uneducated idiots"

Conservative - " the bible says homosexuality is a sin "

Liberal - "WHOA!!!!!!! YOU CROSSED THE LINE!!!!!! Gays have rights too! Obama needs to arrest you rednecks"

.blank cd
12-23-2013, 06:03 PM
Freedom of speech goes both ways..... but what we have is one side who is vile, classless, hateful, racist and disgusting..... but they throw temper tantrums whenever someone says they dont like gays or think Obama is incompetent.

Liberal - "i wish republicans would fucking die, i want to shit down Sarah Palin's throat and rip off Romney's testicles, everyone from the south is a redneck and christians are uneducated idiots"

Conservative - " the bible says homosexuality is a sin "

Liberal - "WHOA!!!!!!! YOU CROSSED THE LINE!!!!!! Gays have rights too! Obama needs to arrest you rednecks"
Why would you only use an extreme example of one and not the other?

I could write a book with how many times you alone have said "liberals" should die

I could fill a library with the times conservatives said liberals/gays/blacks/Obama should die.

Lets be consistent. It'll help your argument.

Sinfix_15
12-23-2013, 07:52 PM
Why would you only use an extreme example of one and not the other?

I could write a book with how many times you alone have said "liberals" should die

I could fill a library with the times conservatives said liberals/gays/blacks/Obama should die.

Lets be consistent. It'll help your argument.

So what i say is an example of conservative views???? LOL..........

The only people i have ever said "should die" are people who attempt to harm me or take my freedom away. Wait a second... you're right, anyone who tries to rob or enslave me probably will be a liberal democrat.

Most of the hate speech comes from the left, most of the "running to mommy" comes from the left. Look no further than this site to compare left and right, when your feelings get hurt, you want to run to the mods and asks for threads to be censored or removed. Same as libs in real life, they want to say whatever they want to say, then want everyone else to be censored.

Vteckidd
12-23-2013, 08:56 PM
But I digress. Maybe the Robertson's have the only contract in the entire entertainment industry that lets them just walk away and take A&E's intellectual property whenever they want, and A&E and its entire team of contract attorneys are just that stupid. LOL.

Nice try again. LOL.

We dont know what owns what and who owns what, you are basing it all on hearsay. We dont even know what it would take to break their contract.

Again, if this was court, you just lost because you are operating on assumption

.blank cd
12-23-2013, 09:32 PM
We dont know what owns what and who owns what, you are basing it all on hearsay. We dont even know what it would take to break their contract.

Again, if this was court, you just lost because you are operating on assumption
If this was court. I would have the contract in my hands and it wouldn't be hearsay at all. The consensus among attorneys is that A&E would not sign away their intellectual property. That is the stupidest notion ever. No competent company would do that. Ever. Assuming that A&E's attorneys have more than one brain cell, they are under at the very least a standard TV contract with a non competition covenant and a morals clause saying they can't go to any other network while they're under contract, they can get suspended if they do or say anything controversial for the network, and that A&E can do whatever they want with the show. If they do any of that while under contract, they can get sued. Big time. This isn't even debatable. You're not convincing me otherwise. Some of these other people might believe A&E has a team of incompetent attorneys, but I'm not that dumb. You don't become a major television network by hiring 4th graders as your legal squad. A&E owns duck dynasty. It's really that simple.

Next.....

Vteckidd
12-23-2013, 09:35 PM
Jee, i wonder why A&E backed down then.

I mean if they had iron clad contracts and no way DD could leave, why retract and reinstate him.

fuck i dont know why i even bother with you

.blank cd
12-23-2013, 09:46 PM
A&E hasn't made an official statement. They haven't backed down.

.blank cd
12-23-2013, 09:48 PM
Ok, Kidd. You win. A&E attorneys are morons.

LMAO

-EnVus-
12-23-2013, 11:24 PM
Now A&E just wants to show force by making the DD family abide to Contracts and continue the show. They are acting as if they have the upper hand but I always was told you can buy out of a Contract. Yes it may hurt them in the pocket but if they did then made a network move the show could recover revenue. I just wish they would wise up and see at A&E that people everywhere get offended every minute of the day.

.blank cd
12-24-2013, 01:01 AM
It's not a show of force. Lol. They all signed their lives away before they ever filmed it. They know exactly what they got themselves into.

They're not stupid, they're not naive. They'll probably run the contracts course until Phil comes back, and he'll probably be back.

They are going to do whatever nets them the most profit. That's what businessmen do.

Moving to another network before their contracts expire would result in a lawsuit so big, you'd have to go home and put your fucking underwear in a safe. That is not a smart business move, and it won't happen. No party in this is that stupid.

Vteckidd
12-27-2013, 04:19 PM
"@FoxNews: #BREAKING: A&E says "Duck Dynasty" filming will resume with Phil Robertson"

You were saying

Sinfix_15
12-27-2013, 04:31 PM

A&E Welcomes Phil Robertson Back to 'Duck Dynasty' (http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/a-e-welcomes-phil-robertson-667647)

LMAO at the comments.... "duck hunters 1 - dick hunters 0 "

Vteckidd
12-27-2013, 05:23 PM
A&E reverses decision on 'Duck Dynasty' patriarch | www.wsbtv.com (http://m.wsbtv.com/ap/ap/entertainment/ae-reverses-decision-on-duck-dynasty-patriarch/ncW2M/)

Ironclad contracts doe

.blank cd
12-28-2013, 12:51 AM
I love it when I hit the nail on the head.

D3UC3S
12-28-2013, 07:23 AM
^^ dafuq????

Pretty sure you were on the extreme opposite of the outcome of this. For you to say that and not be joking, makes me think your elevator doesn't go all the way up.

Vteckidd
12-28-2013, 09:27 AM
Says A&E isn't backing down
A&E backs down
Claims he was right

Seems legit

.blank cd
12-28-2013, 09:35 AM
^^ dafuq????

Pretty sure you were on the extreme opposite of the outcome of this. For you to say that and not be joking, makes me think your elevator doesn't go all the way up.

Says A&E isn't backing down
A&E backs down
Claims he was right

Seems legit

I said many times in this thread he would come back

Once at the top of this page

Vteckidd
12-28-2013, 10:22 AM
Why did ae cave if they had ironclad contracts doe

I always said this wasn't about free speech it was about advertising money. Overwhelming people sided against ae and they caved.

.blank cd
12-28-2013, 12:46 PM
Why did ae cave if they had ironclad contracts doe

So they went to another network?

Vteckidd
12-28-2013, 01:07 PM
The argument was:
AE backed down due to pressure. They had 2 options

Suspend and deal with the consequences

Lose duck dynasty to a different network

what don't you understand about this? In some form or another DD was going to win. They had ratings on their side.

Now they could have become Fowl Empire on some other network since ae owns the name, but AE had no cards to play.

Those contracts obviously didn't give much leverage to AE, or they wouldn't have caved.

.blank cd
12-28-2013, 01:31 PM
They did suspend him

They were never going to release him or the show to another network

What the hell is all this "cards to play" BS?

A&E wouldn't write a contract that didn't give A&E leverage on their own intellectual property

Why are we still talking about this lame ass show?

Vteckidd
12-28-2013, 01:36 PM
Christ do you always shift the argument to fit your position?

Ok then why even suspend him if they had no intention of going through with it?

So you believe there was no threat or pressure to the show?

Will you boycott ae now since , you believe there was no consequences, they obviously condone his comments.

Vteckidd
12-28-2013, 01:37 PM
I used to think you trolled people , now I just think you have lived a really shallow life inside a tunnel and have no concept of the outside world

.blank cd
12-28-2013, 01:44 PM
Will you boycott ae now since , you believe there was no consequences, they obviously condone his comments.

I never watched A&E in the first place.

Sinfix_15
12-28-2013, 01:59 PM
I used to think you trolled people , now I just think you have lived a really shallow life inside a tunnel and have no concept of the outside world

We only know a life of white privilege, we could never understand the life that Blank has lived or the depth in which he views the world around him.

I do troll people.

-EnVus-
12-28-2013, 08:59 PM
http://i39.tinypic.com/2m480lz.jpg

Echonova
12-28-2013, 10:02 PM
http://i39.tinypic.com/2m480lz.jpghttp://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/forestwaltzer/tumblr_m17msoBQKN1qfpanoo2_500.png (http://media.photobucket.com/user/forestwaltzer/media/tumblr_m17msoBQKN1qfpanoo2_500.png.html)

-EnVus-
12-28-2013, 10:08 PM
http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/forestwaltzer/tumblr_m17msoBQKN1qfpanoo2_500.png (http://media.photobucket.com/user/forestwaltzer/media/tumblr_m17msoBQKN1qfpanoo2_500.png.html)
Blank you are next....Nah I like the sound of Blank your next

Sinfix_15
12-28-2013, 10:25 PM
This isnt over yet............

Jesse Jackson has demanded a meeting with A&E.......

LOL Fuck Jesse Jackson

-EnVus-
12-28-2013, 10:40 PM
This isnt over yet............

Jesse Jackson has demanded a meeting with A&E.......

LOL Fuck Jesse Jackson
He is just pissed there is no Black people on Duck Dynasty