PDA

View Full Version : Official New Console Thread - PS4 vs Xbox One

Vteckidd
11-18-2013, 04:16 PM
Picked up my PS4 last friday on launch day. Im not a HUGE Gamer, or a big online play but when i do get a spare hour or so dont mind checking out games. This was more of an impulse buy back in June when preorder was ready.

Thoughts:
I picked up Killzone, Madden 25 and Assassins Creed for PS4 because Target is running a Buy 2 get 1 Free promotion on ALL GAMES (check it out).

For the price I was happy with the PS4, $399 is not a lot of money when compared to the PS3 price tag over the years. However, I do not see a HUGE leap in graphics over the PS3. It looks more polished, but not LEAPS AND BOUNDS like the PS1>PS2>PS3 transformations were. Killzone the Environments and scenery is pretty amazing, but the actual characters dont look that much different than PS3.

Assassins Creed is Assassins Creed, graphics are nice, but it feels like an upscaled PS3 version , again, more polished.

Madden I havent opened yet, may trade it in for COD Ghosts.

Anyone else feel the same way?

EastsideR
11-18-2013, 04:48 PM
Just give it 3 months. Right now, not too many studios are pushing the hardware of these new gen systems. Got to wait for these new consoles and game makers to seperate from the last bit of the 360 and PS3 Games. Once they start focusing more on the new stuff rather than Both, you will see a bigger difference vs PS3. The early games almost always look like upscaled versions of the last consoles game. On another note, you definitely should get a PS Vita, and a 3G model at that. Did you know that you can play any PS4 game on your PS Vita? If you have the 3G version, you can play your PS4 anywhere that you can get service on your 3G, as well as any wifi hotspot. The best part about this, is that the games still look like PS4 games. In some cases, the PS Vita's OLED screen makes the games look better than PS4. Oh, and you dont have to have the TV on for your PS4 to work and play. All you need is A/C power and an Internet connection. Trust me, the Vita is definitely worth it.

Vteckidd
11-18-2013, 05:31 PM
Ill check into that. What other cool things can the PS4 do? Im not that up to speed on it.

Iagree with you about the Games taking time to roll out, that always happens, it takes times for the developers to maximize the new hardware

Buhztuh
11-20-2013, 11:17 AM
it takes times for the developers to maximize the new hardware
Yeah and by then the next gen is either in development or about to go on shelves. I mean this past year the games on the PS3 have been absolutely phenomenal graphics and realism-wise.

EastsideR
11-22-2013, 04:41 PM
I heard that the PS4 will have voice command similar to that of Xbox Kinect. From what I remember, it will be closer to the first generation Kinect on the 360 than it will be to the Kinect on Xbox One. That means you can pretty much do everything the new Kinect does except for turning on your Console. Also, you can listen to your game through the controler. That has two functions. 1. You can plug a set of headphones to PS4 controller and hear the entire game through the headphones(Useful for late nights in bad with wifey when she is sleep). 2. Without headphones, you can have Special messages and communications voice over through the controller while all other sound still comes from the TV.