PDA

View Full Version : Misc Rental Vans/Trucks

Elbow
11-04-2013, 04:56 PM
I'm suppose to go pickup my new race car next Monday and am going to drive it back, while I carry the spares in a truck.

I planned to use my truck, but I am realizing how small it is. It's a 2000 Dakota Sport, regular truck. It won't tow the car hint the driving it back, a friend could tow it but that would be Sunday and it just won't work. The car comes with quite a few spares (1 engine, 2 transmissions, 12 wheels, 7 boxes of misc. parts, steering racks, etc.)

....that's a lot of stuff.

Does anyone know of a CHEAP rental place that I am missing that rents cargo vans and/or moving trucks? The mileage is the killer from the main rental places. The car is in Nashville, so mileage would rack up quickly.

I've searched and can't find any deals, U-Haul, Budget, Enterprise, Hertz, Penske, etc.

I'd throw a hitch on my truck and just rent a U-Haul utility trailer but that's just more $$ to get a hitch. I guess if I can't find anything I'm stacking stuff roof high and filling the new car up. :tongue1:

Elbow
11-04-2013, 05:34 PM
I may just rent a regular van and go pick some spares up this week then the car Monday. Gonna suck but....lol

D3UC3S
11-04-2013, 06:26 PM
Ya the mileage is the killer. What car you picking up?

Echonova
11-04-2013, 09:15 PM
Home Depot maybe? They rent trucks by the hour/day and unlimited mileage IIRC, but I'm not positive.

Elbow
11-05-2013, 06:03 AM
Home Depot maybe? They rent trucks by the hour/day and unlimited mileage IIRC, but I'm not positive.

All I have seen is 75 minute rentals then it goes up to not sure what, seems to be more for local use.

Lowes have rental trucks/vans through Hertz 24/7 but they don't have any free miles like other Hertz rentals. Sucks because they have those sweet Mercedes Sprinter vans. :goodjob:

Elbow
11-05-2013, 06:33 AM
Ya the mileage is the killer. What car you picking up?

Going back to a FWD.

2005 Mazda3.