PDA

View Full Version : Aliens in Their Own Nation

.blank cd
10-28-2013, 10:13 AM
Another look at modern American "movement" conservatism.

Republican Distrust - Republican Anger - Esquire (http://www.esquire.com/_mobile/80-things/republican-alienation-1013)

Browning151
10-28-2013, 10:47 AM
Can someone pop open a can of Febreeze in here?

Seriously, you give everyone here hell for posting anything from fox news claiming it to be biased and untrustworthy and then you post something so egregiously slanted that it's almost laughable and you expect to be taken seriously?

.blank cd
10-28-2013, 11:11 AM
Are you being serious right now?

Browning151
10-28-2013, 12:20 PM
No more serious than you sir.

.blank cd
10-28-2013, 12:54 PM
So what was your opinion on the article

Browning151
10-28-2013, 01:27 PM
My opinion of the article? It's rubbish

Certainly a significant factor underlying this phenomenon is white insecurity in a changing world, especially in the old Confederacy, in which the 21st-century Republican party has bunkered itself.

Really? White people are scared and still bunkered in the Confederacy?

this extremism endangers the governing arrangement that has held for the last century or so

Weren't you just in another thread going on about the hyperbolic use of the word "extremism"? Guess it's ok here since it fits with your beliefs.

A poll conducted in the spring found that 20 percent of Republicans believe Obama could be the actual Antichrist.

And in the same poll 5% who voted for him believed he was and another 8% weren't sure....that's interesting.

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/2011/PPP_Release_National_ConspiracyTheories_040213.pdf

For this effort, a then-little-known instrument called a political-action committee was formed in order to legally evade the campaign-finance limits then on the books.

Democrats don't use those do they? Just those damned republicans.

Dolan wouldn't live to see his vision fully realized. Deeply closeted, he died of AIDS in 1986.

What does his sexuality have to do with anything? No purpose for it to be there.

Should I continue?

.blank cd
10-28-2013, 01:39 PM
Really? White people are scared and still bunkered in the Confederacy?It didn't say all white people, it said it was a factor.

Weren't you just in another thread going on about the hyperbolic use of the word "extremism"? Guess it's ok here since it fits with your beliefs.Political radicalism. There's a very clear difference.

And in the same poll 5% who voted for him believed he was and another 8% weren't sure....that's interesting.

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/2011/PPP_Release_National_ConspiracyTheories_040213.pdf
And?

Democrats don't use those do they? Just those damned republicans.I don't think the article stated that PACs were explicitly a republican instrument. Unless I'm wrong and it did say it somewhere.

What does his sexuality have to do with anything? No purpose for it to be there.

Should I continue?Terry Dolans sexuality has a lot to do with the sentiment of the article. Dolan was an activist who was highly critical of the homosexual lifestyle, yet was himself a homosexual.

Please continue.

Vteckidd
10-28-2013, 02:08 PM
All black people are good at basketball.

There, since we are posting broad generalziations and passing them off as fact.

.blank cd
10-28-2013, 02:13 PM
I haven't posted a broad generalization though.

Not sure why you posted one.

Sinfix_15
10-28-2013, 02:23 PM
Liberals should quit being so southophobic.

Vteckidd
10-28-2013, 02:23 PM
Broad Generalization

Another look at modern American conservatism.

Vteckidd
10-28-2013, 02:25 PM
A look at the leaders of the modern democratic party

.blank cd
10-28-2013, 02:27 PM
Broad Generalization

247988Do you even know what generalization means? LOL

Here. Let me clarify the headline for you

Vteckidd
10-28-2013, 02:31 PM
I wonder why there are

More Conservative Governors than Liberal
The HOUSE is heavily GOP controlled, Liberals lost seats in 2010.

Country is heavily divided, leans DEM, always has, but the IND make or break elections. So calling them ALIENS , is kinda funny considering since 1980 you have had 20 years of Presidents to 16. And Obama lost ground this past election compared to 2008 (because less people voted).

Vteckidd
10-28-2013, 02:33 PM
Do you even know what generalization means? LOL

Here. Let me clarify the headline for you

youre posting an article that says

"
Certainly a significant factor underlying this phenomenon is white insecurity in a changing world, especially in the old Confederacy, in which the 21st-century Republican party has bunkered itself.
"

So you think modern conservatism is white guilt and insecurity ?

SWEET MORE RACISM BRO

BROAD GERNERALIZATION

.blank cd
10-28-2013, 02:37 PM
I wonder why there are

More Conservative Governors than Liberal.

You're right. I don't mean to classify anti-Obama sheep, islamophobes, homophobes, racists, xenophobes and conspiracy theorists as actual conservatives.

.blank cd
10-28-2013, 02:40 PM
youre posting an article that says

"
"

So you think modern conservatism is white guilt and insecurity ?

SWEET MORE RACISM BRO

BROAD GERNERALIZATIONI think the article is right, but it does make the distinction between movement conservatism and actual conservatism, so no generalization or racism. I don't know how being pretty specific equates to a generalization. Pretty sure they're two different things

Vteckidd
10-28-2013, 02:47 PM
sweet OP edit

here let me play the same game:

The Modern Democratic Party

*POSTS LINK TO MOTHERJONES ARTICLE CLAIMING CONSERVATIVES ARE TERRORISTS AND RACISTS*

Post about how i wasnt lumping all democrats into the same pot, even though thats what I think

deflect

Argue about the definition of "terrorist"

Make more broad generalizations

Claim i never had a position in the first place

/blank style thread

Vteckidd
10-28-2013, 02:48 PM
Blank.CD threads, where logic and honest debate isnt welcome because it might be detrimental to his point of view

.blank cd
10-28-2013, 02:58 PM
There was nothing covert about the edit. I told you I clarified that for you. The article itself makes the distinction, but I assumed you all read it. I was wrong, I guess.
Blank.CD threads, where logic and honest debate isnt welcome because it might be detrimental to his point of view

I'm not picking up on any uses of logic from you guys. Just instances where you feel its necessary to debate the meanings of words when I tell you they don't mean what you think they mean.