PDA

View Full Version : How many of you are winter riders?

mattprzy
10-26-2013, 07:40 PM
What's the coldest it has to be for you not to ride that day? For me it's right around 32 degrees F. I have great winter gear, but once it's below freezing it becomes slightly unbearable.

David88vert
10-26-2013, 08:37 PM
I don't like to ride below 50. It becomes less enjoyable.

Bacon
10-27-2013, 10:08 AM
Anything above 40° I ride unless its raining.

Sinfix_15
10-28-2013, 09:02 AM
Only if i have to. There's been spells where a motorcycle was my only transportation, but if there's a car sitting in the driveway, i retire my motorcycle in the winter.

00CelicaGT
10-29-2013, 09:22 PM
With my wife in school and me being the only 1 working we can't afford for her to drive our 08 jeep wrangler everyday into ATL for school. So this has me on the bike everyday the chances of rain are below 30%. I froze my ass of this past Saturday riding to work, but I layer up pretty good. I've just need a better pair do gloves and I'll be somewhat comfortable. Did I mention I commute from Henry county to Macon everyday, which is 56 miles one way and takes me 50min to get there. Lol

I wish I could park the bike till summer, but it's just not affordable.

Bacon
11-03-2013, 08:28 PM
With my wife in school and me being the only 1 working we can't afford for her to drive our 08 jeep wrangler everyday into ATL for school. So this has me on the bike everyday the chances of rain are below 30%. I froze my ass of this past Saturday riding to work, but I layer up pretty good. I've just need a better pair do gloves and I'll be somewhat comfortable. Did I mention I commute from Henry county to Macon everyday, which is 56 miles one way and takes me 50min to get there. Lol

I wish I could park the bike till summer, but it's just not affordable.

The gloves I have are pretty decent. They are just simple Icon gloves. I have a full head cover which helps drastically.

EastsideR
11-18-2013, 04:53 PM
Sounds rough, man. If I had a bike, I would ride all year. Think of the money u r saving on gas.

redrumracer
11-20-2013, 02:26 AM
First winter having a bike but so far I drive it every day. I can keep everything warm except my hands. Summer gloves suck when it's cold out.

Bacon
11-24-2013, 10:42 AM
Sounds rough, man. If I had a bike, I would ride all year. Think of the money u r saving on gas.

While that sounds good on paper, riding in the winter isn't that easy.

thespaceman
12-03-2013, 10:10 PM
I cut it off right around 40 degrees usually... For those interested in some sweet cold weather layering without the use of heated gear, I highly recommend the Cycle Gear Freeze Out liners. Super cheap, super effective.

00CelicaGT
12-04-2013, 06:46 PM
While that sounds good on paper, riding in the winter isn't that easy.
Amen to that! My biggest problem is keeping my hands (Right Hand mostly) warm, I keep my left hand inside the fairings on the engine and then switch with the right. Obviously that's not very safe but it helps...

I cut it off right around 40 degrees usually... For those interested in some sweet cold weather layering without the use of heated gear, I highly recommend the Cycle Gear Freeze Out liners. Super cheap, super effective.

Gonna look into them, thanks!

AnthonyF
02-16-2014, 08:37 AM
When you first start riding, no temp is too cold. But once you realize your bike isn't going anywhere, you start to not want to bear the cold temps. 40 degrees at 70mph feels like 5 degrees. I try not to ride under 50 degrees. Just not worth freezing my ass off and the road isn't too safe either.

-Ant.