PDA

View Full Version : Need a 4.3 Chevy v6 put into our 94' pickup. Moving and need it fixed!

theDAmartini
09-02-2013, 07:39 PM
So I have a 1994 Chevrolet CK1500 V6 (4.3L) that runs **horrible**. We had originally thought it was the head gaskets and had them replaced. Well it helped for a couple days and its been driven here and there with an obvious problem involving coolant getting into the oil.

I've been offered a job out of state and it would be great if I could just get the engine replaced in the truck so I can have a truck since I'm moving to a new city and could use it to take home furniture, etc...

Any advice or if you think you may be able to 100% diagnose what IS the problem with it, I'm in Douglasville and would be willing to pay you.

Please let me know and Thank You!
-Ryan

Echonova
09-02-2013, 08:32 PM
If it overheated, the heads might have warped in which case just a gasket will not help... Only a machine shop can.

theDAmartini
09-02-2013, 08:54 PM
If it overheated, the heads might have warped in which case just a gasket will not help... Only a machine shop can.

Yeah this is what I'm thinking. This is why I'm leaning more towards an engine replacement :)

Thanks for the reply!
-Ryan