PDA

View Full Version : Misc Anyone go to UGA?

imbosile
12-09-2005, 05:50 PM
i just got deffered my UGA today, anyone have any good admission tips for me? i got a 1240 on the SAT, and i have a 91 average.

blare
12-09-2005, 09:09 PM
lol its no biggie man. I got deffered in Dec. 02, but I got accepted in the Spring 03. My SAT was 1140 but my average was a 98. I dont think you have anything to worry bout. Just dont get to carried away (like me).

imbosile
12-09-2005, 09:21 PM
well youve got me by a lot on the average, but hopefully things will work out. Is it possible for me to send them my grades for the Fall semester in highschool, I would really like them to be able to see them because I am doing really well. Thanks

IndianStig
12-09-2005, 09:22 PM
i hear micheal adams is a lil fuck

no offense, taking away what UGA was making it into a hard ass, no life school, dobut that will ever happen, not that i dont wanna concentrate and get an education, however, i think campus life is pretty important to, and hey, who likes a stiff ass?

but hes punishing teachers who canceled or let students out that friday fo the FL v GA game

thats ghey, a HS teacher cant do that, not a Univesity teacher

i wanted to go tot UGA but i hear its hard as hell to get in and i just personally have changed my mind, cause i hate Language Arts

if i were to get in again, take the SAT's again on Jan 28 with me, study over break and then have a goodtime the rest f the year

imbosile
12-09-2005, 09:47 PM
yea i would like to go to more of a technical school, since i doubt i'll be getting into georgia tech, i will most likely go to southern polytechnic state.

IndianStig
12-09-2005, 11:13 PM
yeah, or KSU is cool to, im still looking broad and wide at all the schools

Tech's good, but you could go to GSU for 2 then Tech for two if you got bad grade

only thing ive heard is...

Guy goes to Harvard for 4 yrs-he says its easy, teachers arent hostile, they want to help you
GSU for grad school- not just cause of grad school, but he claims GSU is much harder cause prof's are asses and have been instructed to make everything really hard so GSU can come off as a better school

same thing at USA righ now

blare
12-10-2005, 12:29 AM
Just wait it out on the admissions. I dont think anything that you send in now will really make a difference.

My freshman year was at UGA and it was one of the greatest years I have EVER had. Mostly because of the campus/dorm life.

For the last two years I have been at SPSU. My sophmore year I lived in the dorms and let me tell you right now that it sucked. I like the school and the teachers, but everything else blows. Financial Aid has given me nothing but a shit load of problems and the whole student life blows.

On an education side though SPSU was much harder. My classes are small and my teachers know who I am. So that made skipping out and getting around other things very hard. While at UGA I probably only went to 30% of my classes every week and spent the other half dong whatever.

IndianStig
12-10-2005, 01:14 AM
Just wait it out on the admissions. I dont think anything that you send in now will really make a difference.

My freshman year was at UGA and it was one of the greatest years I have EVER had. Mostly because of the campus/dorm life.

For the last two years I have been at SPSU. My sophmore year I lived in the dorms and let me tell you right now that it sucked. I like the school and the teachers, but everything else blows. Financial Aid has given me nothing but a shit load of problems and the whole student life blows.

On an education side though SPSU was much harder. My classes are small and my teachers know who I am. So that made skipping out and getting around other things very hard. While at UGA I probably only went to 30% of my classes every week and spent the other half dong whatever.

one word you never misspell

imbosile
12-10-2005, 09:16 AM
For the last two years I have been at SPSU. My sophmore year I lived in the dorms and let me tell you right now that it sucked.

what sucked about it?

can freshman get the apartments?

ironchef
12-10-2005, 10:52 AM
Why did you make the switch from uga to spsu?

blare
12-10-2005, 08:56 PM
lol ya I picked a very bad word to mispell.

Yea freshman can live in apartments. My brother (freshman) and I have a place right off campus. My main problem was just that most people in my dorm (upper classmen) went home on the weekends (so there really wasnt much going on). The food plan which you HAVE to buy is horrible. Im not picky by any means, but damn I didnt shit right for a lonnnggg time. In the end I just stopped eating there even though I paid for it.
Inspite of all that I strongly recommend living in the dorms your freshman year. Just because it is a unique experience in general.

I left UGA cause..... well..... there is not great or perfect explanation. It really wasnt a matter of money or grades. I just needed to leave because I felt that I needed to move on. Its hard to explain but yea.... I still go chill with my buds once a month though :)

imbosile
12-10-2005, 09:18 PM
lol ya I picked a very bad word to mispell.

Yea freshman can live in apartments. My brother (freshman) and I have a place right off campus. My main problem was just that most people in my dorm (upper classmen) went home on the weekends (so there really wasnt much going on). The food plan which you HAVE to buy is horrible. Im not picky by any means, but damn I didnt shit right for a lonnnggg time. In the end I just stopped eating there even though I paid for it.
Inspite of all that I strongly recommend living in the dorms your freshman year. Just because it is a unique experience in general.

I left UGA cause..... well..... there is not great or perfect explanation. It really wasnt a matter of money or grades. I just needed to leave because I felt that I needed to move on. Its hard to explain but yea.... I still go chill with my buds once a month though :)

when you say apartments, you mean the SPSU apartments right? and how much more is that compared to dorms?

Hulud
12-11-2005, 12:43 AM
i will most likely go to southern polytechnic state.
im sorry

rollininstyle2004
12-11-2005, 02:05 AM
Id wait it out...they only accepted like half of thier freshman class IIRC. Also you will have to send your mid year reports to them so they will see your fall semester grades. You can have my spot if you want, i got in early, but i doubt im going :lmao:

blare
12-11-2005, 09:26 AM
From what I remember my orientation leader says that UGA uses a point system for admission. So if you are a girl = +1, guy= 0. If one of your parents went to UGA or you are the first in your family to go to college = +1, everyone else no points. Etc.

I dont think I would have got in if it wasnt for the fact that I had almost a year of college done (with all A's) before I graduated from HS.

imbosile
12-11-2005, 10:56 AM
Id wait it out...they only accepted like half of thier freshman class IIRC. Also you will have to send your mid year reports to them so they will see your fall semester grades. You can have my spot if you want, i got in early, but i doubt im going :lmao:

i would be fine with them seeing my grades for this semester, it's my best semester i have had in highschool, so far i have all A's. The highest math I am going to take will be AP Calculus AB, rollininstyle what math are you in to get into georgia?

Hulud
12-11-2005, 11:39 AM
i would be fine with them seeing my grades for this semester, it's my best semester i have had in highschool, so far i have all A's. The highest math I am going to take will be AP Calculus AB, rollininstyle what math are you in to get into georgia?
dont go to spsu im warning you...

imbosile
12-11-2005, 11:41 AM
dont go to spsu im warning you...

why is that?

blare
12-11-2005, 07:17 PM
lol ya I wanna know too!!

imbosile
12-11-2005, 08:21 PM
hey blare, so if i came in as a freshman i would be allowed to get an apartment? because most schools make freshman stay in the dorms...

blare
12-11-2005, 08:39 PM
Ummm.. There are two types of on campus apartments. I think its the Courtyard (newer) and the Commons (older). I think that freshman can live in the Courtyard, but not the Commons because those go the upperclassman for the most part. i would call and ask em though. I actually live on the otherside of cobb parkway. So I dont know how nice they are. Best part about living on campus at SPSU is it takes less tha 5 minutes to get to any class. UGA damn I remember it taking 50 minutes to get to my tennis class.

imbosile
12-11-2005, 08:41 PM
Ummm.. There are two types of on campus apartments. I think its the Courtyard (newer) and the Commons (older). I think that freshman can live in the Courtyard, but not the Commons because those go the upperclassman for the most part. i would call and ask em though. I actually live on the otherside of cobb parkway. So I dont know how nice they are. Best part about living on campus at SPSU is it takes less tha 5 minutes to get to any class. UGA damn I remember it taking 50 minutes to get to my tennis class.

yea i would like to get an apartment on campus. I think it would be better than having a common bathroom and all that stuff. did you ever stay in the dorms, and if so how did you like it?

blare
12-11-2005, 08:46 PM
Ya I did two years in dorms. One at UGA and One at SPSU. Some people hate it and it bothers them alot. I personally loved it. I never had to clean a bathroom or shower. lol. I never really had any roommate issues, but i know plenty of people that did. To me thats the hard part, having a roommate that your not going to have any problems with. My last roommate liked to make rap beats, and while they were cool. It wasnt cool when I was trying to study for a test. Roommates also can make getting some action alittle more difficult too, cause somestimes gotta be S-exiled.

blare
12-11-2005, 08:47 PM
And when all your buds are a door or two away, You know something is gonna go down.

Hulud
12-11-2005, 08:48 PM
why is that?
i went there, you want highschool all over again, but with 90%guys?

imbosile
12-11-2005, 08:50 PM
you want highschool all over again, but with 90%guys?

not really....... :flash:

blare
12-11-2005, 08:56 PM
LOL hahahhah. Yea the school is 90% dudes, but Im engaged to my girl so I never really cared.

Girls at UGA = sexy hotness in mini skirts (well notall of them)

imbosile
12-11-2005, 08:59 PM
LOL hahahhah. Yea the school is 90% dudes, but Im engaged to my girl so I never really cared.

Girls at UGA = sexy hotness in mini skirts (well notall of them)

yea that would suck pretty bad, it couldnt be too bad though, if you want some girls you could always just go find some somewhere else. sounds like GAtech, where it's 70% men. lol

blare
12-11-2005, 09:04 PM
Ya my brother knows some girls at Ksaw. If you plan on going MET you will probably not have one girl in your classes.

imbosile
12-11-2005, 09:06 PM
Ya my brother knows some girls at Ksaw. If you plan on going MET you will probably not have one girl in your classes.

MET = Marrieta? :confused:

blare
12-11-2005, 09:25 PM
Mechanical Engineering Technology

Hulud
12-12-2005, 08:46 AM
not really....... :flash:
dude i went there, if you want guys then hell its gonna be your lucky day

rollininstyle2004
12-12-2005, 04:27 PM
AP Calc AB last year w/ a 5 on the AP Exam and AP Statistics this year. I took the SATII subject tests in Math Level II and Chemistry becuase they were required for a few other schools im applying to so i sent thoose to UGA as well. I got a 770 in MathII and a 690 in Chem so while that wasnt a requirement for GA it may have helped me out some. Honestly though i have heard a lot of people getting defered that i thought should have gotten in. One of my friends got a 1370 (old score, 2 sections) with a 3.7 and she got defered. Their admission process is a mystery :crazy:

ironchef
12-12-2005, 05:08 PM
Yea their process is wacked. A friend of mine had a 1140-1180 (in between there) on his sat and i had like 1290 and our gpas were roughly the same, but he got in and i didn't. Oh well, i guess i'll just transfer in sooner or later hopefully.

C22H19N3O4
12-12-2005, 05:54 PM
Whether people admit it or not, UGA is a legacy school. As it stands now, I can only speak for their professional/graduate programs. Many in the grad programs that get in usually have an UGA alumni in the family or they know someone on the admissions board. UGA is highly competitive but not for the right reasons. Let's be honest, most applicants are qualified but sometimes it's not what you know but who you know. UGA is really working hard to diversify their student population. Most of you should have safety schools.

rollininstyle2004
12-12-2005, 06:52 PM
Whether people admit it or not, UGA is a legacy school. As it stands now, I can only speak for their professional/graduate programs. Many in the grad programs that get in usually have an UGA alumni in the family or they know someone on the admissions board. UGA is highly competitive but not for the right reasons. Let's be honest, most applicants are qualified but sometimes it's not what you know but who you know. UGA is really working hard to diversify their student population.
UGA CLAIMS (not sure how true it is) that they do not take legacy into account for their EARLY acceptance. According to them it is based on the following 3 aspects IN THIS ORDER:

GPA
Course Rigor
SAT/ACT

And thats it for the EARLY decision, now for the regular decision, they have the essays, reccomendations, legacy, etc. that all play into thier decision in some unknown manner.

Most of you should have safety schools.
I did, UGA :D

ironchef
12-12-2005, 06:58 PM
Yea i didn't apply for early admission, i should have :(.

rollininstyle2004
12-12-2005, 07:07 PM
Yea, it took like 20 minutes to complete the app. HOWEVER i think the whole not having to write the essays for early was just implemented this year, i believe everyone had to write the essays last year regardless of which deadline you applied to.

ironchef
12-12-2005, 07:09 PM
Yea thats true, but it seems all the dumb people i know got in on early admission haha.

rollininstyle2004
12-12-2005, 07:19 PM
:lmfao:

C22H19N3O4
12-12-2005, 07:39 PM
Well, I believe most of you can get into a community college ;) . I'll put in a good word for you guys when I'm done in a year and 1/2 :lmfao: :goodjob:

rollininstyle2004
12-12-2005, 08:02 PM
Well, I believe most of you can get into a community college ;) . I'll put in a good word for you guys when I'm done in a year and 1/2 :lmfao: :goodjob:
:rolleyes: I hope that wasnt directed at me :confused: I got into UGA, like i stated above it was a saftey school. Im most likley not going there, im still waiting to hear back from my top 2 schools (ive been accepted to 4 already). No need for a community college here ;)

imbosile
12-12-2005, 08:27 PM
:rolleyes: I hope that wasnt directed at me :confused: I got into UGA, like i stated above it was a saftey school. Im most likley not going there, im still waiting to hear back from my top 2 schools (ive been accepted to 4 already). No need for a community college here ;)

where all have you been accepted, just curious?

rollininstyle2004
12-12-2005, 08:35 PM
Im going to be majoring in business so the rest are all top 15 business schools (other than UGA) :

University of Michigan (they are #3 business school in the country, tied w/ UC Berkly, and #25 overall University, including everything not just the public schools), this is my top choice so far (only counting where i have been accepted)

University of Illinois (they offered a direct admission to thier business school, they are #12 i believe in the country, but i dont really want to go there)

Indiana University (they are #11 business school, but not a great all around school. They offered $7000 a year, a direct admission to thier business school, and a direct admission to thier honors college. Again i just dont really want to go there.)

Here is who im waiting on (my top 2 choices)

My top choice: University of North Carolina (i will hear from them towards the end of January, which is really late for an early notification, its driving me crazy)

My #2: Unversity of Virginia (i applied regular admissin to UVA since their early is binding and they arent my top choice, so i wont hear back from them until march)

imbosile
12-12-2005, 08:47 PM
^^ sounds nice man, im trying to go instate for the issue of cost.

rollininstyle2004
12-12-2005, 09:28 PM
Yea, my parents told me that they will pay for wherever i make. They said, "if you got accepted you have the right to go, we dont want you to be limited to a school becuase of the cost" or something like that. Its crazy expensive though, and i have a twin sister so my parents are going to be paying double out of state tuition (she is going to go to Alabama most likley).

ironchef
12-13-2005, 01:00 AM
They have that full ride scholarship for alabama I believe, when i was applying last year i saw it, said you need a 1200 on sats and 3.0 gpa, or might have been for auburn. But if its available for alabama, tell her to check it out. I know for sure it was either auburn or alabama.