PDA

View Full Version : (Poll) Should the politics section be removed?

Sinfix_15
08-01-2013, 05:15 PM
In an everyday situation with friends, in a public place or at work, its an unspoken rule not to talk about religion and politics. At the very least, it's always an "enter at own risk" discussion. No matter where the discussion takes place, whether it be in your own backyard, break room or even on the senate floor, its always a volatile discussion. Here recently on this forum, there's a push to be more civil and to exclude various topics from conversation. topics that even the politicians themselves cannot exclude, no matter how hard they try. Everyday i flip on my TV or open a newspaper and the same topics that i'm confronted with are the same ones expected to be excluded from political discussion. Politics and religion has always been an almost combative conversation. So rather than allow moderators, who also have their own opinions, beliefs and biases to filter the content of this section, should this section just be removed completely?

http://empowured.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/religion-is-like-a-penis1.jpg

Echonova
08-01-2013, 05:38 PM
I don't think so, there needs to be a place for it. I can see some things "political" being in offtopic, but IMO it needs to be a non-serious topic.

Plus, I hate when you and blank find each other in other threads to continue arguments. Without a Politics section I could see that happening more and more.

Echonova
08-01-2013, 06:03 PM
On a side note: This is the greatest video to have ever been made thus far in mankind's existence. It's about how I live my life everyday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vxqgcGvi-Jo&oref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Ffeatu re%3Dplayer_embedded%26v%3DvxqgcGvi-Jo&has_verified=1

Sinfix_15
08-01-2013, 07:06 PM
That video is extremely offensive............

A woman's place is in the kitchen, not on the grill.

C230K
08-01-2013, 07:18 PM
Lil Dicky be snappin'

thepolecat
08-01-2013, 07:37 PM
Echo = win

Sin- if she dresses like that she may use my grill. not saying she will make anything good, but i'd like to imagine it.

And I want to talk cars here... when I use the "new posts" I feel like all I see is anti or pro politikin' crap.

Echonova
08-01-2013, 07:43 PM
Sin- if she dresses like that she may use my grill. not saying she will make anything good, but i'd like to imagine it. You can tell she doesn't know how to properly use a grill by the way she handles the hamburger patty with tongs.

However, steak was eaten off dat ass. So the balance of the universe remains unchanged.

thepolecat
08-01-2013, 07:48 PM
If my wife dressed like that I might even let her work on my hot rod. (my 30 Model A)

Just saying. She doesnt have to know how to work on a grill or car is she is in that "outfit".

Sinfix_15
08-01-2013, 07:57 PM
You can tell see doesn't know how to properly use a grill by the way she handles the hamburger patty with tongs.

However, steak was eaten off dat ass. So the balance of the universe remains unchanged.

You're a modern day Aristotle. I continue to be astounded by your infinite wisdom.

Dylan
08-01-2013, 10:52 PM
I mean, if a caterpillar and a slug stroll into a bar, they should both be offered the same kind of peanut butter. :2cents:

Vteckidd
08-01-2013, 11:37 PM
As long as the political discussion stay in the political forum, people just need to calm down.
You know WHY its bothering people? because IA has become more about politics and sports than CARS. Lets be honest, theres only so much MEET and halfassed BUILD threads i can look at.

I dont even go into the other forums anymore, the most activity is by 10 people MAX
Me
Blank
Sinfix
Bu Villian
Bangin Jimmy
Sammich
Echo
QD
JDMCoupe
etc

E36slide is a close one but all he does is fucking troll every post.

KEEP the politics where it belongs and theres no issue with it IMo

Sinfix_15
08-02-2013, 07:58 AM
I try to adhere to forum rules and post in the correct sections. I realized and agreed that the argument spilling in to unrelated sections was getting annoying.

So what happened earlier today, i post two threads in the correct forum.

One was about some guys who purchased $2000 movie prop quality masks to commit a robbery..... i'm sorry, but i thought that was pretty solid water cooler material.

The other one was a positive "recruitment" of sorts for the libertarian party, which is possibly the trendiest topic going in politics. The article was by a black person, recruiting black people to the libertarian party. I myself am a libertarian, and like the author of that article, welcome and invite everyone else to join me in being a libertarian.

Every current news story on TV has some racial element to it, its undeniable.... even ESPN is covering a racial topic right now.... if you watched 1st take, you know what im talking about. So how can you talk about news and politics while dancing around these topics without just deciding to not talk about politics, which is exactly what im suggesting in this post. You cant make politics a friendly, happy go lucky topic.... you just cant.... nowhere on this planet is politics a completely friendly topic. So if you think politics is bringing down this forum, then remove the politics. The news and stories are what they are..... 90% of my threads are simply me linking a news story.... yet somehow im held accountable for the content of said news story as if its my fault that what happened happened. Its the news.... i post it in the news....

To make a long story short...... in this forum section designed for "100% useless BS, rants and call outs".....

Envus is a bitch. He has a man crush on me and is mad that i wont drop my sack on his chin. That's what this all boils down to. He's been post stalking me and looking for a reason to jump on something. If it were up to me, id tell him to suck a big ole fat dick and quit being such a douche.

with that off my chest..... do what you will. I dont care if you ban me from the politics section. I come here to play fantasy football with like minded individuals who like cars, look at chad's sexy car pics, use the classifieds section, and make fun of E36.... i'm also pleasantly surprised by the amount of gun nuts ive found here. If you feel my presence has damaged this site's integrity or marketing ability in any way, the easiest way to solve it would be either to remove the politics section, ban me from it or tell people to steer clear of it. It's that simple.... i'm a grown ass man, im sorry that my opinions wrap your panties around your leg.

Create a "wasteland" section and move shit that you feel crosses the line to there. Make it so those threads dont show up in the activity feed.... or do that for the politics section in general. The activity feed forces people to see things theyre not looking for........ this is a site issue, not something im doing.

Vteckidd
08-02-2013, 08:38 AM
I'm the one who unlocked your threads and spoke with envus about his actions. I believe all parties are aware of the policy now

.blank cd
08-02-2013, 10:43 AM
Who the fuck else voted to ban me?

Echonova
08-02-2013, 11:00 AM
Who the fuck else voted to ban me?By posting this, you have just set yourself up for people to vote only for you from here on out. #bringtherain

But it wasn't me, I already voted for the "No,if you don't like it stay the fuck out" option.

C230K
08-02-2013, 11:30 AM
The politics section should stay, for me, reading other peoples opinions is amusing, even if Sinfix and Blank go at it, they both make valid points. For example the Zimmerman trial, I learned somethings to be honest. Obama is another example, he is not the guy who I thought he was. The politics sections has allowed me to do further more research than to just look at the news and come up with an opinion with what I just seen. To all who have posted in the politics sections who have made valid arguments, I thank you. People just have to learn to not take so many things to heart.

Echonova
08-02-2013, 12:17 PM
Obama is another example, he is not the guy who I thought he was.http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x378/Echonova3/1000386_328298207303364_1758037486_n_zpsc83f70c0.j pg (http://s1178.photobucket.com/user/Echonova3/media/1000386_328298207303364_1758037486_n_zpsc83f70c0.j pg.html)

http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i384/InglipRed/Trollface.gif (http://media.photobucket.com/user/InglipRed/media/Trollface.gif.html)

RandomGuy
08-02-2013, 06:18 PM
Good thread.

The section is for actual CIVIL discussion- and news and etc. Read the forum description. I used to enjoy that section, but I stopped even looking in there because 99% of the threads just don't interest me any more.

Can't do anything about that- at the end of the day, but it gets boring when every thread looks like the last. The problem isn't you, but it's that you're part of a very vocal minority that is setting the tone for the site to new users. If users read the site for 5 minutes, odds are something will come up that will piss them off. Yeah, keep the racy stuff in off-topic. Keep it civil in news/politics, all we ask- it has always been a request.

D3UC3S
08-02-2013, 07:01 PM
HAHAHAHA.... Sin, you crack me up dude.

Sidenoteepicderail...i just got a house in woodstock and will be throwing a mad party in a few weeks....real niggas will get invites

Sinfix_15
08-02-2013, 07:10 PM
Good thread.

The section is for actual CIVIL discussion- and news and etc. Read the forum description. I used to enjoy that section, but I stopped even looking in there because 99% of the threads just don't interest me any more.

Can't do anything about that- at the end of the day, but it gets boring when every thread looks like the last. The problem isn't you, but it's that you're part of a very vocal minority that is setting the tone for the site to new users. If users read the site for 5 minutes, odds are something will come up that will piss them off. Yeah, keep the racy stuff in off-topic. Keep it civil in news/politics, all we ask- it has always been a request.

on the real, i made a legitimate suggestion. The activity feed is the source of the problem..... make it so that the political forum doesnt show up in the activity feed.

Sinfix_15
08-02-2013, 07:14 PM
The politics section should stay, for me, reading other peoples opinions is amusing, even if Sinfix and Blank go at it, they both make valid points. For example the Zimmerman trial, I learned somethings to be honest. Obama is another example, he is not the guy who I thought he was. The politics sections has allowed me to do further more research than to just look at the news and come up with an opinion with what I just seen. To all who have posted in the politics sections who have made valid arguments, I thank you. People just have to learn to not take so many things to heart.

I just gained infinite amounts of respect for you.

.blank cd
08-02-2013, 09:07 PM
HAHAHAHA.... Sin, you crack me up dude.

Sidenoteepicderail...i just got a house in woodstock and will be throwing a mad party in a few weeks....real niggas will get invites

Let another Woodstock mothafucka know.

blaknoize
08-02-2013, 09:10 PM
NOPE

-EnVus-
08-02-2013, 10:20 PM
I'd rather no one be banned at all and just get along but minus the racial stuff. If it does happen I agree I have no idea how to keep it out of the feed but that be nice. When I am on here I go to newest post and usually its sinfix shit that in some way will lead to a race being involved.
I love the political section there is so much shit Obama causes we have to be aware.

RandomGuy
08-02-2013, 11:03 PM
The irony, hahahah especially in this thread

RandomGuy
08-02-2013, 11:05 PM
on the real, i made a legitimate suggestion. The activity feed is the source of the problem..... make it so that the political forum doesnt show up in the activity feed.

WOW.... i was overthinking it

that's seriously a way simpler fix. I was thinking of disabling it to users that aren't logged in.

Sinfix_15
08-03-2013, 10:57 AM
I'd rather no one be banned at all and just get along but minus the racial stuff. If it does happen I agree I have no idea how to keep it out of the feed but that be nice. When I am on here I go to newest post and usually its sinfix shit that in some way will lead to a race being involved.
I love the political section there is so much shit Obama causes we have to be aware.

No need to try and be politically correct. If you want to be a dick rider, saddle up and be the best dick rider you can be. If you werent too busy pole jockeying me, you might have thought up a solution to the problem rather than going all Al Sharpton on me. If you're gonna close someone's thread or question their character, at least read it first, you cock juggling douche. It's funny that you're so quick to judge yet you have a bible verse as your signature. In your honor, i'm gonna tear that page out and roll a joint with it.

Sinfix_15
08-03-2013, 11:03 AM
WOW.... i was overthinking it

that's seriously a way simpler fix. I was thinking of disabling it to users that aren't logged in.

It's your job to promote the site, car culture and what not..... i didnt decide for my political ramblings to be on the front page.... you did. The politics section is not a selling point for this site... it doesnt attract new members and it never will. It's a place for us existing members to fight with each other when we get bored of the (insert car manufacturer here) game. The politics section and/or off topic should not be in the activity feed or linked to on the cover page. The problem isnt the content of my posts, its that people who arent looking for them have them thrown in their face. THAT isnt my problem. I like this site, try to help or cooperate or whatever... but i'm not a scapegoat. If you chose to enter the politics section or off topic, it is what it is. I'll follow the rule of not letting it spill into other forums, but its not my fault that the random shit ended up on the activity feed or front page.

I'm also a pretty reasonable guy, a pm to me personally would work better than sicking your pet chiwawa Envus on me.

D3UC3S
08-03-2013, 01:25 PM
The irony, hahahah especially in this thread

Hahaha you like that? :ninja:

-EnVus-
08-03-2013, 11:41 PM
You think like you contribute to how Import Atlanta progresses yet one look at your threads says different. If we ever get bored and wanna know whats going on in the News we will give your threads a gander.
Also if no one cared to really have you around then you wouldn't be.

Sinfix_15
08-04-2013, 12:43 AM
You act like you contribute to how Import Atlanta progresses yet one look at your threads says different. If we ever get bored and wanna know whats going on in the News we will give your threads a gander.
Also if no one cared to really have you around then you wouldn't be.

Clearly you dont look at any of my threads. I have a recent affinity for the politics thread as ive grown bored with cars, but in the past ive posted a lot of informative automotive threads. I'm one of the handful of people here who will actually take the time to craft a thread longer than a paragraph. I'm also a technician for a living and have fielded a ton of private messages in my time here. I've owned a different car for every time your wife has wished you were someone else. I've grown a little bored with it.

Just curious, what made you decide to be captain save a hoe in the first place? People in the politics forum are big boys, they can handle themselves. I'm an asshole and the world is filled with millions of people just like me, now would be as good a time as any to start acclimating yourself to it.

-EnVus-
08-04-2013, 12:53 AM
Clearly you dont look at any of my threads. I have a recent affinity for the politics thread as ive grown bored with cars, but in the past ive posted a lot of informative automotive threads. I'm one of the handful of people here who will actually take the time to craft a thread longer than a paragraph. I'm also a technician for a living and have fielded a ton of private messages in my time here. I've owned a different car for every time your wife has wished you were someone else. I've grown a little bored with it.

Just curious, what made you decide to be captain save a hoe in the first place? People in the politics forum are big boys, they can handle themselves. I'm an asshole and the world is filled with millions of people just like me, now would be as good a time as any to start acclimating yourself to it.
I just grew tired of seeing it slow on her far as car stuff goes for a car forum and the feed was mostly news. News is fine but it was the growing post about Blacks did this or whites that and how Mexicans or Muslims are bad. Then when i was inline at Autozone a few days ago was needing help i mentioned IA and how it is a great site. He then says he had seen the site while his brother use to use it and it seem Racial lately. He then says he and his brother have decided to maybe just stay clear thinking it was bad since they being Asian.
I told him its not that things are just slow and a few people lately discuss things different eve since the Florida stuff.
I have no issue with you its just the threads you choose to make in the political lately usually go race debate QUICK

Sinfix_15
08-04-2013, 01:08 AM
I just grew tired of seeing it slow on her far as car stuff goes for a car forum and the feed was mostly news. News is fine but it was the growing post about Blacks did this or whites that and how Mexicans or Muslims are bad. Then when i was inline at Autozone a few days ago was needing help i mentioned IA and how it is a great site. He then says he had seen the site while his brother use to use it and it seem Racial lately. He then says he and his brother have decided to maybe just stay clear thinking it was bad since they being Asian.
I told him its not that things are just slow and a few people lately discuss things different eve since the Florida stuff.

I dont disagree with any of that, but my initial reaction to being told "a lot of people and new members are getting turned away by the political/racial/fighting ect stuff" was "why are they seeing it?"... the politics section being in the activity feed is a problem waiting to happen. Unfortunately, the news really is as racial as i portray it. I'm not making it more racial than it actually is. I tried to demonstrate this by posting only news articles. You should have to look for the politics section IF you want to find it. It should not be part of the advertising apparatus of IA. I dont want to offend people who are not willing participants in the debate. I removed my political banners and try to keep it from spilling over into other forums.... ive made an attempt to cooperate with any request....

If your goal is simply just to improve the site, and not just pole jockey me, then there's technical improvements to be made. The politics section is the blocked off section in the back of the movie store. It shouldnt be in a display case beside the candy at the register.

-EnVus-
08-04-2013, 01:11 AM
I dont disagree with any of that, but my initial reaction to being told "a lot of people and new members are getting turned away by the political/racial/fighting ect stuff" was "why are they seeing it?"... the politics section being in the activity feed is a problem waiting to happen. Unfortunately, the news really is as racial as i portray it. I'm not making it more racial than it actually is. I tried to demonstrate this by posting only news articles. You should have to look for the politics section IF you want to find it. It should not be part of the advertising apparatus of IA. I dont want to offend people who are not willing participants in the debate. I removed my political banners and try to keep it from spilling over into other forums.... ive made an attempt to cooperate with any request....

If your goal is simply just to improve the site, then there's technical improvements to be made. The politics section is the blocked off section in the back of the movie store. It shouldnt be in a display case beside the candy at the register.
Yes it would be nice if the feed showed what we want and don't just as when the site had its RLD section.

Sinfix_15
08-04-2013, 01:19 AM
Yes it would be nice if the feed showed what we want and don't just as when the site had its RLD section.

Clearly an oversight by the people who manage this place coughyoucough..... rather than building a sandcastle in your vagina and dawning the cape of captain save a hoe, you could have made a simple technical adjustment and accomplished everything you wanted.

Should the bible be banned from book stores or the public based on the notion that it offends a portion of people who are affected by it? You say that your actions were triggered by speaking with some asians who were offended by political views being thrown in their face. Do you share the same views towards other offenses? or just those that support your own belief system? Do you think imagery of a man being nailed to a piece of wood is appropriate "activity feed" material for the real world? Do you think openly telling people that they will burn for an eternity is civil respectful discussion? Do you take the same approach at your local church and warn people that they may be offending people who do not wish to participate in the "religious forum"?

Just curious

D3UC3S
08-04-2013, 07:56 AM
Oh snap.....shit just got real in last few posts.

Echonova
08-04-2013, 08:12 AM
Oh snap.....shit just got real in last few posts.http://i1191.photobucket.com/albums/z469/Shickadantz/CODYMAC.gif (http://media.photobucket.com/user/Shickadantz/media/CODYMAC.gif.html)

Echonova
08-04-2013, 08:12 AM
http://i1150.photobucket.com/albums/o602/Vaquh/shit-just-got-real.jpg (http://media.photobucket.com/user/Vaquh/media/shit-just-got-real.jpg.html)

Echonova
08-04-2013, 08:13 AM
http://i1127.photobucket.com/albums/l634/misspalma/ShitJustGotReal-1.gif (http://media.photobucket.com/user/misspalma/media/ShitJustGotReal-1.gif.html)

Echonova
08-04-2013, 08:14 AM
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s100/Angeline_Tucker/Cool%20Gifs/Classic%20Gifs/t98wtl.gif (http://media.photobucket.com/user/Angeline_Tucker/media/Cool%20Gifs/Classic%20Gifs/t98wtl.gif.html)

Sinfix_15
08-04-2013, 08:41 AM
http://www.lolbrary.com/content/204/shit-just-got-real-10204.jpg

David88vert
08-04-2013, 11:23 AM
I'm going to state it this way - he who pays the bills makes the rules. If the owner(s) see the political/religion section as a benefit to the site, then it should stay. If they see it as a negative or as non-beneficial, then they should delete it and tell everyone to go someplace else to go discuss those topics. The bottom line is that only those paying for the site have any real input on the direction of the site.

-EnVus-
08-04-2013, 11:00 PM
Clearly an oversight by the people who manage this place coughyoucough..... rather than building a sandcastle in your vagina and dawning the cape of captain save a hoe, you could have made a simple technical adjustment and accomplished everything you wanted.

Should the bible be banned from book stores or the public based on the notion that it offends a portion of people who are affected by it? You say that your actions were triggered by speaking with some asians who were offended by political views being thrown in their face. Do you share the same views towards other offenses? or just those that support your own belief system? Do you think imagery of a man being nailed to a piece of wood is appropriate "activity feed" material for the real world? Do you think openly telling people that they will burn for an eternity is civil respectful discussion? Do you take the same approach at your local church and warn people that they may be offending people who do not wish to participate in the "religious forum"?

Just curious
You are over reacting you're threads/Post were not removed just locked for discussion but still very much view able. I will ignore everything about religion you posted cause this is not the religion section don't act like a noob Sin.

Sinfix_15
08-14-2013, 03:33 PM
FYI, politics still in the activity feed, not sure if that's on purpose or not.

Echonova
10-24-2013, 01:11 PM
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg146/cwoneal/AintNobodyGotTimeForThat.jpg (http://media.photobucket.com/user/cwoneal/media/AintNobodyGotTimeForThat.jpg.html)

BanginJimmy
10-24-2013, 02:20 PM

What about white people?

I'm going to state it this way - he who pays the bills makes the rules. If the owner(s) see the political/religion section as a benefit to the site, then it should stay. If they see it as a negative or as non-beneficial, then they should delete it and tell everyone to go someplace else to go discuss those topics. The bottom line is that only those paying for the site have any real input on the direction of the site.

Couldnt agree more.

I voted to ban both sinfix and blank. Any contribution either of them make is outweighed by their mindless babble.

Browning151
10-24-2013, 03:09 PM
I voted to ban both sinfix and blank. Any contribution either of them make is outweighed by their mindless babble.

Could be worse, you could have Blank and Total_Blender both posting in there.

Sinfix_15
10-24-2013, 04:29 PM
What about white people?

Couldnt agree more.

My political views are almost directly in line with your own. I just dont take my asshole shoes off before stepping into the politics section. If not for Blank, i probably wouldnt feel the need to be an asshole. I follow news and politics as much as anyone here, i just dont fit the personality mold of most people who are interested in news or politics.

.blank cd
10-24-2013, 07:06 PM
So this is how tony got run off.

Elbow
10-24-2013, 07:06 PM
I don't see a reason why it should even be considered for deletion.

Elbow
10-24-2013, 07:07 PM
So this is how tony got run off.

Huh?

Scotsman
10-24-2013, 11:07 PM
Hands down this has been the best thread i have read on here in ages. Speechless at several moments , i totally agree with the news feed idea , or at the very least looked into. And to Sinfix

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p14/yesitstom/clapwv4.gif (http://media.photobucket.com/user/yesitstom/media/clapwv4.gif.html)

RandomGuy
10-25-2013, 12:29 AM
FYI, politics still in the activity feed, not sure if that's on purpose or not.
It is for logged in users who have over 1000 posts. That way it's established that they're already car folks. Basically so new users know that it's primarily a car site.

I like the politics section too, but I was at AutoZone one day and there was this kid working there I knew for a long time who was always doing cool builds and I asked him if he's still on. He said he surfs for parts, but stopped posting discussion because he felt everyone on here was racist. I couldn't argue otherwise, just looking at the activity feed (full of sinfix/blankcd/etc bickering- some of which I found to be hilarious). I kind of liked the fact that the polarity existed- we have people on complete opposite sides of it and extremely vocal. I think the truth is that most of us are probably in the middle and the guys on the extremes usually have the most to say.

I'm like damn if it's going to discourage the real people we want from coming to the site, is it even necessary? And on the flip side, I can't really justify removing the section- especially at times like these. So I figured politics chat among gearheads is cool. I hate talking politics period, but I don't always mind when it's with like-minded folks.

So with that said, I figured a good way to handle it was to let someone join as a car enthusiast and when it's apparent that they're here for that reason, the other sections open up. That way people don't come to the site wanting to talk politics when they see it in the activity feed or in a google search. I can care less if it hurts traffic.

Sinfix_15
10-25-2013, 07:24 AM
It is for logged in users who have over 1000 posts. That way it's established that they're already car folks. Basically so new users know that it's primarily a car site.

I like the politics section too, but I was at AutoZone one day and there was this kid working there I knew for a long time who was always doing cool builds and I asked him if he's still on. He said he surfs for parts, but stopped posting discussion because he felt everyone on here was racist. I couldn't argue otherwise, just looking at the activity feed (full of sinfix/blankcd/etc bickering- some of which I found to be hilarious). I kind of liked the fact that the polarity existed- we have people on complete opposite sides of it and extremely vocal. I think the truth is that most of us are probably in the middle and the guys on the extremes usually have the most to say.

I'm like damn if it's going to discourage the real people we want from coming to the site, is it even necessary? And on the flip side, I can't really justify removing the section- especially at times like these. So I figured politics chat among gearheads is cool. I hate talking politics period, but I don't always mind when it's with like-minded folks.

So with that said, I figured a good way to handle it was to let someone join as a car enthusiast and when it's apparent that they're here for that reason, the other sections open up. That way people don't come to the site wanting to talk politics when they see it in the activity feed or in a google search. I can care less if it hurts traffic.

Well done sir.

I agree that me and blank are on complete opposite ends of the spectrum. Blank feels like he is in the middle.... like any radical left wing extremist would. :chuckles:

bu villain
10-25-2013, 02:45 PM
It has deteriorated to the point I no longer feel it is worth my time to engage in discussion there but should it be removed? Nah. It's more about personal insults and angry rants than political discussion but that seems to be how some of the other users like it.

Sinfix_15
10-25-2013, 06:00 PM
It has deteriorated to the point I no longer feel it is worth my time to engage in discussion there but should it be removed? Nah. It's more about personal insults and angry rants than political discussion but that seems to be how some of the other users like it.

Politics should always be an angry rant made by Americans who are being critical of their government.

Ranting about Government should be a topic that brings us together.....

bu villain
10-28-2013, 03:11 PM
Politics should always be an angry rant made by Americans who are being critical of their government.

Ranting about Government should be a topic that brings us together.....

Even though I disagree with your characterization of what politics should be (i.e., citizens vs the government they voted for), that would not disuade me from participating. It would simply be another topic for discussion. It is the personal insults against forum members that turns me off the most. I understand with passionate discussion, people can lose their cool but it has become a dominant part of the forum, not just an occasional distraction. Honestly it gets so juvenile, at times it's not much more than pages of people calling each other stupid with a bunch of political jargon thrown in.

.blank cd
10-28-2013, 03:17 PM

Browning151
10-28-2013, 03:35 PM
Oh noes, he called you a pouty douche.

D3UC3S
10-28-2013, 03:42 PM
Did blank just snitch????

But yes, personal insults are juvenile in a political forum. Fair game in BS forum

.blank cd
10-28-2013, 03:47 PM
There was a comment that went with it that didn't get posted. Something about sand and a vagina.

Either that or something about not hiding behind a worthless rep system. If you say it, make it known! Lol

Browning151
10-28-2013, 03:56 PM
Was that a half-assed attempt at a call out? C'mon, if you're gonna stir the shit at least put a little more effort into it.

.blank cd
10-28-2013, 04:03 PM
Sinfix calls himself out with little to no effort required on my behalf.

C230K
10-28-2013, 05:11 PM
I looked at the poll results and a lot of people want to ban blankcd. Which I highly disagree, because a person like Sinfix needs blankcd. Kinda like how The Joker needs Batman.

Sinfix_15
10-28-2013, 07:19 PM
There was a comment that went with it that didn't get posted. Something about sand and a vagina.

Either that or something about not hiding behind a worthless rep system. If you say it, make it known! Lol

LOL......

Yeah..... i'm really hiding behind the rep system and trying to keep my feelings about you a secret. I sure hope the word doesnt get out.... wouldnt want anybody to know how i feel.

Sinfix_15
10-28-2013, 07:28 PM
Even though I disagree with your characterization of what politics should be (i.e., citizens vs the government they voted for), that would not disuade me from participating. It would simply be another topic for discussion. It is the personal insults against forum members that turns me off the most. I understand with passionate discussion, people can lose their cool but it has become a dominant part of the forum, not just an occasional distraction. Honestly it gets so juvenile, at times it's not much more than pages of people calling each other stupid with a bunch of political jargon thrown in.

Sounds like what happens in the actual government.

Sinfix_15
10-28-2013, 07:49 PM
I looked at the poll results and a lot of people want to ban blankcd. Which I highly disagree, because a person like Sinfix needs blankcd. Kinda like how The Joker needs Batman.

Blank is more of a......
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130512020934/villains/images/4/4e/Sally_3.pnghttp://musicians4freedom.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/tet-oblivion-300x233.jpg

to my........
http://www.beyondhollywood.com/uploads/2012/11/Morgan-Freeman-in-Oblivion-2013-Movie-Image.jpg

and props to anyone whos actually seen this movie and realizes how spot on this is. So spot on that i might just start calling Blank "Sally" from now on.

I bet Obama got wood in his pants when he saw these things roll out.
http://regmedia.co.uk/2013/04/12/oblivion_movie_drone.jpg

Echonova
10-28-2013, 08:03 PM
Blank is more of a......
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130512020934/villains/images/4/4e/Sally_3.pnghttp://musicians4freedom.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/tet-oblivion-300x233.jpg

to my........
http://www.beyondhollywood.com/uploads/2012/11/Morgan-Freeman-in-Oblivion-2013-Movie-Image.jpg

and props to anyone whos actually seen this movie and realizes how spot on this is. So spot on that i might just start calling Blank "Sally" from now on.Are you an effective team?

bu villain
10-29-2013, 03:05 PM
Sounds like what happens in the actual government.

Exactly! The same government with horrible approval ratings that has a hard time getting anything done. You would think people who bitch about how poorly government works, wouldn't emulate their tone and tactics themselves.

Sinfix_15
10-29-2013, 06:20 PM
Exactly! The same government with horrible approval ratings that has a hard time getting anything done. You would think people who bitch about how poorly government works, wouldn't emulate their tone and tactics themselves.

You know what.... you're right...... we should put the government in charge of absolutely every aspect of our lives.

I'm arguing for the side that wants less government................ a lot less............... remember?

bu villain
10-30-2013, 02:35 PM
You know what.... you're right...... we should put the government in charge of absolutely every aspect of our lives.

I'm arguing for the side that wants less government................ a lot less............... remember?

huh? Who said anything about putting government in charge of anything in this thread? This is about the value of the politics forum on this site. Stay on topic please.

.blank cd
10-30-2013, 02:40 PM
huh? Who said anything about putting government in charge of anything in this thread? This is about the value of the politics forum on this site. Stay on topic please.

I think you blew his mind earlier.

Sinfix_15
10-30-2013, 08:02 PM

You said nobody approves of the government and everyone should try to not be like the government we all bitch about.

The government being bad is the source of the bitching.

bu villain
10-31-2013, 03:11 PM
You said nobody approves of the government and everyone should try to not be like the government we all bitch about.

The government being bad is the source of the bitching.

I agree but what does that have to do with the level of civility in the politics forum here? If the government is juvenile and inneffective, the politics forum on IA must be as well?

Sinfix_15
10-31-2013, 06:19 PM
I agree but what does that have to do with the level of civility in the politics forum here? If the government is juvenile and inneffective, the politics forum on IA must be as well?

Our 1 delusional participant who shamelessly defends the indefensible and refuses to let reality get in the way of an argument, has a way of frustrating people from time to time.

bu villain
11-04-2013, 02:26 PM
Our 1 delusional participant who shamelessly defends the indefensible and refuses to let reality get in the way of an argument, has a way of frustrating people from time to time.

You are usually a proponent of personal responsibility so I'm surprised to hear that one "delusional participant" is responsible for yours or anyone else's behavior.

Sinfix_15
11-04-2013, 02:33 PM
You are usually a proponent of personal responsibility so I'm surprised to hear that one "delusional participant" is responsible for yours or anyone else's behavior.

I'm perfectly fine with my behavior. An explanation is not an excuse.

I'm explaining to you that the debates only get heated when people are frustrated with Blank telling them that 2+2=ham sandwich

I take being described as someone who is a proponent of personal responsibility as a compliment. Thank you.

bu villain
11-05-2013, 02:36 PM
I'm perfectly fine with my behavior. An explanation is not an excuse.

I'm explaining to you that the debates only get heated when people are frustrated with Blank telling them that 2+2=ham sandwich

The thing is, most of the topics in politics revolve around personal values and complex ideas. Almost nothing in politics is as simple as a math problem. Your behavior is of course your choice, which you are clearly content with, but I see it in the same way I see the juvenile bickering in congress. That is not the kind of discussion I am interested in engaging in myself, which is why I have stopped posting in that section. I hope at some point the members will be able to have a conversation without insulting each other but I'm not holding my breath.

I take being described as someone who is a proponent of personal responsibility as a compliment. Thank you.

It was a compliment.