PDA

View Full Version : Obama finally supports voter ID

Sinfix_15
07-25-2013, 04:00 PM
FACT SHEET: U.S. Support for Strengthening Democratic Institutions, Rule of Law, and Human Rights in Sub-Saharan Africa | The White House (http://m.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2013/06/27/fact-sheet-us-support-strengthening-democratic-institutions-rule-law-and)

Matt300ZXT
07-25-2013, 04:25 PM
His Highness is coming to Chattanooga...can't wait.

.blank cd
07-25-2013, 04:33 PM
Where's he speaking at?

BanginJimmy
07-25-2013, 08:16 PM
Where's he speaking at?

You already know what he is going to say so why go?

All sarcasm aside, he has pivoted to the economy and set out on a series of speeches every year since he was elected. He hasnt said anything new since he was elected and the policies he has been able to get through congress have done nothing to bring the economy around.

Sammich
07-26-2013, 07:42 AM
guess the question of where he's speaking wasn't answered.

.blank cd
07-26-2013, 08:05 AM
guess the question of where he's speaking wasn't answered.

iknoright?

David88vert
07-26-2013, 10:43 AM
Where's he speaking at?

Amazon Center in Chattanooga on next Tues
President Obama to speak at Amazon center in Chattanooga - WAFF-TV: News, Weather and Sports for Huntsville, AL (http://www.waff.com/story/22935030/president-obama-to-speak-at-amazon-center-in-Chattanooga)

.blank cd
07-26-2013, 12:11 PM
Gracias. I might check that out

BanginJimmy
07-26-2013, 03:07 PM
Liberals are really making me laugh over this issue.

1. They say requiring an ID is used to suppress minority voters, yet those same people cannot tell me what specific requirements minorities have that whites do not.

2. They say a persons right to vote should not be impeded in any way, yet they feel the second amendment should be strife with red tape and useless bureaucracy. I guess all rights are not created equal in the eyes of a liberal.

.blank cd
07-26-2013, 03:27 PM
Liberals are really making me laugh over this issue.

1. They say requiring an ID is used to suppress minority voters, yet those same people cannot tell me what specific requirements minorities have that whites do not.

2. They say a persons right to vote should not be impeded in any way, yet they feel the second amendment should be strife with red tape and useless bureaucracy. I guess all rights are not created equal in the eyes of a liberal.

1. It does affect minority voters, and there are no specific requirements minorities have that whites don't.

2. Never heard this argument.

BanginJimmy
07-26-2013, 03:41 PM
1. It does affect minority voters, and there are no specific requirements minorities have that whites don't.

2. Never heard this argument.

So why not get an free state issued ID to vote? You are going to have to produce some evidence as to why minorities do not carry an ID and I will not accept an excuse of "too lazy". You cannot even get a job without an ID these days.

Juan Williams made the argument last night on Fox that voting is a right and should not be impeded. I was shocked no one brought up the fact that ID is needed to engage in several other rights so why should voting be different.

.blank cd
07-26-2013, 03:52 PM
So why not get an free state issued ID to vote?How do you convince all 50 states at the same time to issue free state ID's to everyone that needs one?

BanginJimmy
07-26-2013, 04:02 PM
How do you convince all 50 states at the same time to issue free state ID's to everyone that needs one?

You dont have to. Voting is a state issue, not a federal one. Congress can stipulate, via the voting rights act, that states that require an ID to vote also offer a free ID.

Echonova
07-26-2013, 05:50 PM
Gracias. I might check that outMake sure you have your ID... They require it to get in, no matter how oppressed you are.

Sinfix_15
07-26-2013, 06:11 PM
Gracias. I might check that out

I would too, but i dont think they will allow you in if you voted republican.

BanginJimmy
08-13-2013, 10:19 PM
How do you convince all 50 states at the same time to issue free state ID's to everyone that needs one?

You dont have to. Voting is a state issue, not a federal one. Congress can stipulate, via the voting rights act, that states that require an ID to vote also offer a free ID.

Here you go blank. Still waiting on your answer to this. How is requiring 100% of in person voters to have a state or federally issued ID racist?

.blank cd
08-13-2013, 10:42 PM
Here you go blank. Still waiting on your answer to this. How is requiring 100% of in person voters to have a state or federally issued ID racist?

When did you ask me why I thought it was racist? I don't think I've ever made that claim, so I'm not sure what you're waiting on. Lol