PDA

View Full Version : Previous owner swapped motor...What cv Axle do i need?

mberzse1
07-17-2013, 11:01 AM
I have a 94 cx hatchback... non abs... and the motor is a d16y8... I had a friends shop put in a replacement cv axle about 6 months ago and it has popped out. I CANNOT get it to seat back against the transmission to save my life... Im wondering if its the wrong axle? Its like an inch away from seating and just stopped :( If i wanted to just try buying a new one to see if it fits... what should i buy the replacement for? The car and hub? or the motor?

gsrteg
08-01-2013, 08:50 AM
I believe all civic D-series axles are the same. Make sure when you install them, you pop those axles in all the way into the transmission. There's a metal O-shaped Spring clip around the tip of the spindle, that sometimes doesn't want to go in all the way. So make sure your car is stable on jackstands and slightly rotate the axle left and right while you put some FORCE to insert it into the transmission. You should hear a POP. You'll know if its in properly, there shouldn't be a gap between the inner cv joint and the transmission housing. Hope this helps.

Humphrizzle
08-11-2013, 11:58 PM
agreed. all d series axles will work. just purchase axles for 92-00 civic (non-si)