PDA

View Full Version : Paint/Body wrapping my car

BenjaminJunu
07-15-2013, 04:08 PM
so i plan on either getting my car wrapped matte metallic blue.
the cost to get my car wrapped matte metallic blue would be 1500(this would be done by a well known shop that does great work).
But i know that i could get a roll of 3m wrap for around 600 and do it myself. i don't mind spending the extra money, but i don't want to if i don't need to.
Has anyone else wrapped their own car. is it worth it?
It doesn't look very hard.

.blank cd
07-15-2013, 05:06 PM
It doesn't look very hard.

Famous last words. Lol

Pay someone who's done it before. It's not easy.

ezone
07-15-2013, 08:13 PM
Who are you getting to do the job ? I'm looking at wrapping my car but can't find anyone in my area.

JITB
07-15-2013, 08:36 PM
Miller Decals tell them "Southrnfresh" told you and they will hook you up!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

MachNU
07-16-2013, 10:49 AM
$900 labor to wrap a car?!?! Duh fuck. Does that involve removing any panels to make the wrap perfect or just pushing it into edges?

BenjaminJunu
07-16-2013, 08:46 PM
It will be done by identity design in Jacksonville, FL. They have done most of the wrapped cars in my area.
They actually have a deal going on right now. Their labor is is free when you buy wrap though them. normal price is 2500. they use a different type of wrap though. They use Avery wrap.
I was looking at 3m wrap which is 600 per roll, but with one roll you can do 2-3 cars.
I might tackle it myself, but i'd rather do it once the right way, then have to do it twice.

MachNU
07-20-2013, 07:55 AM
It will be done by identity design in Jacksonville, FL. They have done most of the wrapped cars in my area.
They actually have a deal going on right now. Their labor is is free when you buy wrap though them. normal price is 2500. they use a different type of wrap though. They use Avery wrap.
I was looking at 3m wrap which is 600 per roll, but with one roll you can do 2-3 cars.
I might tackle it myself, but i'd rather do it once the right way, then have to do it twice.

What do you drive, a smart car? I know at minimum it takes 50' to do a proper wrap on a S13. Also, I would love to know where you are finding the rolls at $600 for a large roll. Most standard large rolls come in 75' and for 3M, Avery and Hexis, depending on the type of film, run anywhere from $800-1200 if you are a distributor.

BenjaminJunu
07-27-2013, 01:07 PM
What do you drive, a smart car? I know at minimum it takes 50' to do a proper wrap on a S13. Also, I would love to know where you are finding the rolls at $600 for a large roll. Most standard large rolls come in 75' and for 3M, Avery and Hexis, depending on the type of film, run anywhere from $800-1200 if you are a distributor.

I drive a honda civic.
my brother works at a sign factory, and that is what he told me. I have never wrapped a car, so i don't know how much wrap would be used.
Thanks for the input.
I have decided on just letting the ID do it. The price is great imo, compared to a $2000+ paint job.

KevinT707
11-15-2013, 05:02 PM
Yeah, it's definitely not easy wrapping, especially when you get to areas that are not flat. I wrapped my fenders once and it was hell working it around the front fender's arches. This was with the fender off and a heat gun.