PDA

View Full Version : AEM wideband failsafe and 300zxtt question

NBP01LS
07-14-2013, 08:31 PM
I have the AEM wideband failsafe gauge, which is designed to run one sensor. I have a 300zx twin turbo, and with a true dual exhaust setup that never meets, so how do i monitor both banks of cylinders? In the past, many 300 zx owners have simply installed two sensors and two gauges, but obviously the failsafe gauge is much more expensive than a basic AFR , and I'd rather not buy a second one. So my question is: Can the failsafe be wired to monitor two sensors simultaneously, or would it be safe to run just one? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

NBP01LS
07-16-2013, 04:12 PM
No one? someone has to have some input!!

Matt300ZXT
07-16-2013, 09:57 PM
You'd be better off asking that on 300zxclub.com or twinturbo.net, or probably searing there and finding a write up on it.

modulation
08-08-2013, 02:28 PM
I wouldn't worry about measuring both banks of cylinders. You ECU isn't capable of doing individual pulse-widths or cylinder timing for each individual cylinder.
Unless something is drastically wrong with your engine, the AFR for both cylinders is going to be close enough to the same in reality it won't matter.

EmminoDaGreat
08-09-2013, 02:26 PM
I didnt read the shit!! lol... I would say you wouldnt get an accurate reading trying to use two sensors... on one gauge.